Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,674 members, 7,816,765 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:43 PM

Tell Of A Nairalander You Have Met And What You Think Of Him/her? - Dating And Meet-up Zone (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dating And Meet-up Zone / Tell Of A Nairalander You Have Met And What You Think Of Him/her? (11525 Views)

Nairalander You Will Like To Spend A Weekend With? / Tell Of A Nairalander You Have Met / Tell Of A Nairalander You Have Met (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tell Of A Nairalander You Have Met And What You Think Of Him/her? by SweetT1: 8:05pm On Mar 26, 2008
When did this forum became gang related? Gentledove don't be such a feminist. The rest of us wants to know too. tongue
Re: Tell Of A Nairalander You Have Met And What You Think Of Him/her? by TheSly: 8:08pm On Mar 26, 2008
Reloaded . . .spew the beans na angry
Who is who?? angry angry angry tongue angry angry angry
Re: Tell Of A Nairalander You Have Met And What You Think Of Him/her? by olanajim(m): 8:08pm On Mar 26, 2008
Gentledove,
if your account is true, then I blame you for that. Before you agree to meet anyone on nairaland, koboland, or dollarland, you must have run personality check on him/her.

When you chat on YIM and he said he worked in bank, your curriosity heightened. Maybe if he'd said he is a gabbage collector, you will never have given him your office address. Look, you guys are creating problems by looking down on honest people. That is why he'd lied that he was a banker. To be on safe side, NEVER DISCLOSE YOUR OCCUPATION TO A STRANGER YOU DON'T TRUST. And never give your address to irresponsible people.

It is wrong to castigate the whole world just because you had encounter with a dumbass.

The good thing about nairaland is that you can run character check on anyone without seeing him or her. Unfortunately, not everyone is endowed with the gift to detect lie from written words.

When you want to know about someone on nairaland, go to their profile. Sadly, most people, I observed, just look at the picture, YIM and maybe birthday. I tell you, if I go to profile, and I hardly do unless I want to run character test on Mr annonymous, the MOST important thing I check is their past and recent posts. From there, I know if a fellow is worth my time.

I must confess, by this act, I have met as many good people as I can both online and real world and would have met more if not for distance and other barriers.

There is this lady who is always lashing at people (I won't mention her. Beside, she would read it herself).I was amased at her wits and ability to run people down if she got the chance. Well, once our path crossed, I quickly went to her profile. She had more than one ID, I read a bit of her past posts and my result show that she is a very intelligent young woman. She may yab you, but she would tell the truth. I went after her and found that the lady is one of the finest specimen on nairaland! Yet, many think she was a trouble maker.

I got a guy like that too.

QED
Re: Tell Of A Nairalander You Have Met And What You Think Of Him/her? by TheSly: 8:09pm On Mar 26, 2008
Sweet T
Hope u r not lonely! Ur wife aint online sad
Re: Tell Of A Nairalander You Have Met And What You Think Of Him/her? by olanajim(m): 8:09pm On Mar 26, 2008
Gentledove,
if your account is true, then I blame you for that. Before you agree to meet anyone on nairaland, koboland, or dollarland, you must have run personality check on him/her.

When you chat on YIM and he said he worked in bank, your curriosity heightened. Maybe if he'd said he is a gabbage collector, you will never have given him your office address. Look, you guys are creating problems by looking down on honest people. That is why he'd lied that he was a banker. To be on safe side, NEVER DISCLOSE YOUR OCCUPATION TO A STRANGER YOU DON'T TRUST. And never give your address to irresponsible people.

It is wrong to castigate the whole world just because you had encounter with a dumbass.

The good thing about nairaland is that you can run character check on anyone without seeing him or her. Unfortunately, not everyone is endowed with the gift to detect lie from written words.

When you want to know about someone on nairaland, go to their profile. Sadly, most people, I observed, just look at the picture, YIM and maybe birthday. I tell you, if I go to profile, and I hardly do unless I want to run character test on Mr annonymous, the MOST important thing I check is their past and recent posts. From there, I know if a fellow is worth my time.

I must confess, by this act, I have met as many good people as I can both online and real world and would have met more if not for distance and other barriers.

There is this lady who is always lashing at people (I won't mention her. Beside, she would read it herself).I was amased at her wits and ability to run people down if she got the chance. Well, once our path crossed, I quickly went to her profile. She had more than one ID, I read a bit of her past posts and my result show that she is a very intelligent young woman. She may yab you, but she would tell the truth. I went after her and found that the lady is one of the finest specimen on nairaland! Yet, many think she was a trouble maker.

I got a guy like that too.

QED
Re: Tell Of A Nairalander You Have Met And What You Think Of Him/her? by 4Him(m): 8:10pm On Mar 26, 2008
olanajim:

I tell you, if I go to profile, and I hardly do unless I want to run character test on Mr annonymous, the MOST important thing I check is their past and recent posts. From there, I know if a fellow is worth my time.

excellent point.
Re: Tell Of A Nairalander You Have Met And What You Think Of Him/her? by SweetT1: 8:11pm On Mar 26, 2008
@sly

Who might that be? Bro'. I'm very much single now. I need a nice break. grin
Re: Tell Of A Nairalander You Have Met And What You Think Of Him/her? by TheSly: 8:13pm On Mar 26, 2008
Yea yea. . , we both know who the person is. . .dont deny it. . . . . cheesy
Re: Tell Of A Nairalander You Have Met And What You Think Of Him/her? by Dreloaded(f): 8:18pm On Mar 26, 2008

olajinim I completely agree with you. That's why I said I wasnt surprised once she said the person isnt really active

Even on IM sef, if i dont know you, I wont speak to you and I tend to check profiles alot. It's either I ask or look it up myself If I dont like what you stand for, you are on block immediately, talkless of email communication.
Re: Tell Of A Nairalander You Have Met And What You Think Of Him/her? by Dreloaded(f): 8:18pm On Mar 26, 2008
Sly, get Lady T online so Sweet T can stop crying tongue
Re: Tell Of A Nairalander You Have Met And What You Think Of Him/her? by SweetT1: 8:20pm On Mar 26, 2008
@sly

grin grin grin grin You are a clown Bro'. I'm really enjoying this lonely moments, concentrating on my Masters. Life is beautiful ! tongue
Re: Tell Of A Nairalander You Have Met And What You Think Of Him/her? by SweetT1: 8:21pm On Mar 26, 2008
@D-reloaded

Lady T is my cousin. We are ninth, third remove. grin
Re: Tell Of A Nairalander You Have Met And What You Think Of Him/her? by pahtahkee: 8:22pm On Mar 26, 2008
@ gentledove,

Why give out your office address to him? No matter how long you guys have been talking, I do not think it is ideal that he meets you at your place of work.

Anyway, every nairaland member I have met from the forum, it has always been in an open to public area. That way it is safer for both of us to meet and leave to our different ways. smiley
Re: Tell Of A Nairalander You Have Met And What You Think Of Him/her? by SweetT1: 8:22pm On Mar 26, 2008
Morenike is my daughter in-law.
Re: Tell Of A Nairalander You Have Met And What You Think Of Him/her? by Dreloaded(f): 8:25pm On Mar 26, 2008
then who is your son?
Re: Tell Of A Nairalander You Have Met And What You Think Of Him/her? by SweetT1: 8:26pm On Mar 26, 2008
we are still working on that one.
Re: Tell Of A Nairalander You Have Met And What You Think Of Him/her? by TheSly: 8:28pm On Mar 26, 2008
D-reloaded:

Sly, get Lady T online so Sweet T can stop crying tongue

OOoOoOoOo lady T?. . . .i was thinking of someone else! tongue we both know who it iz tongue Morenike Mo-hit records! tongue
So lady T is part of it too. . .Oh Oh. . . angry angry angry

Sweet T:

@sly

grin grin grin grin You are a clown Bro'. I'm really enjoying this lonely moments, concentrating on my Masters. Life is beautiful ! tongue

Which masters is that? Womanology or what? tongue
Re: Tell Of A Nairalander You Have Met And What You Think Of Him/her? by SweetT1: 8:34pm On Mar 26, 2008
@sly

morenike is my daughter in-law.

Lady T is my cousin-law.
Re: Tell Of A Nairalander You Have Met And What You Think Of Him/her? by olanajim(m): 8:50pm On Mar 26, 2008
D-reloaded,
you know some people just take it for granted to go into that part. Maybe because of poor reading culture or laziness.

As for those who are not active, it is very important to cross-check them before jumping at them. That doesn't mean they are all bad. Infact many of them are good but remain inactive for personal reasons.

Looking at pictures on profile is not my pastime since mine is not there. But once I know someone enough I forwards it to him if he ask.
Re: Tell Of A Nairalander You Have Met And What You Think Of Him/her? by Lady2(f): 1:45am On Mar 27, 2008
As far as you are EDO you can only be ma brother or sister. . . . I feel I will be committin' incest even by replying your posts on Nairaland. Sorry eh?

I thought I was the only one who felt this way.

I haven't met any Nlanders. Unless I've met them already and don't know it's them.
Re: Tell Of A Nairalander You Have Met And What You Think Of Him/her? by Nobody: 1:53am On Mar 27, 2008
what da. . . sly. .so now you're giving me dates? cry cry

today, its tommy, tomorrow its sweet T. plz o, efimisile. . .this ppl cannot afford to take care of me. . i date the billionaires angry angry grin

sweet T na my door man osister inlaw ko brother inlaw ni. hisssss
Re: Tell Of A Nairalander You Have Met And What You Think Of Him/her? by TheSly: 1:58am On Mar 27, 2008
pele.
Re: Tell Of A Nairalander You Have Met And What You Think Of Him/her? by Nobody: 2:00am On Mar 27, 2008
®~^Sly^~®:

pele.
eh eh. . .dnt worry sha. . .what you give you get. . did i ever tell you that i am a matchmaker? dnt worry, your own sweetie pie is coming
Re: Tell Of A Nairalander You Have Met And What You Think Of Him/her? by TheSly: 2:08am On Mar 27, 2008
pele na! mabinu aburo mi atata. . . kiss
Re: Tell Of A Nairalander You Have Met And What You Think Of Him/her? by Nobody: 2:11am On Mar 27, 2008
®~^Sly^~®:

pele na! mabinu aburo mi atata. . . kiss
mo ti bu nu. . and he's 2hrs old now
Re: Tell Of A Nairalander You Have Met And What You Think Of Him/her? by Nobody: 2:40am On Mar 27, 2008
morenike09:

what da. . . sly. .so now you're giving me dates?  cry cry

today, its tommy, tomorrow its sweet T. plz o, efimisile. . .this people cannot afford to take care of me. . i date the billionaires  angry angry grin

sweet T na my door man osister inlaw ko brother inlaw ni. hisssss

Plz oo while dating the billonaires make sure you have a reserve poor one should
in case the bilonaires disapoints you.
Re: Tell Of A Nairalander You Have Met And What You Think Of Him/her? by TheSly: 2:49am On Mar 27, 2008
morenike09:

mo ti bu nu. . and he's 2hrs old now

Jo. . .Mo fi ori e be ee!! tongue
Ma binu aburo mi skeskele. . . . pls. . .chillaz!. . .it was a slip of tongue fingers. tongue
Re: Tell Of A Nairalander You Have Met And What You Think Of Him/her? by gentledove(f): 10:07am On Mar 27, 2008
@ Everyone,

got in this morning and saw enough posts. thanks a mill. i will be extra-ordinary careful next time.

but sincerely i have met two nairalanders who are fantastic. they are simple, open-minded and down-to-earth. one lives very close to my place and we see some times. the other lives in Abuja and calls. so far so good, its being ok with them.

not all Nairalanders are 'wowo' people. we are people who have good jobs, good family and are ok financially who just want to offer pieces of reasonable advice to people and pass the time.

thanks all the same. cheers wink
Re: Tell Of A Nairalander You Have Met And What You Think Of Him/her? by jkpretty(f): 11:21am On Mar 27, 2008
Why would people go & copy someone's email address without their permission. The quality Nairalanders won't do it. Its the yahoo yahoo boiz that pop in once in a while that do such. Na wa oh! Good reason why emails shldn't be displayed on profiles.
Re: Tell Of A Nairalander You Have Met And What You Think Of Him/her? by Gamine(f): 12:46pm On Mar 27, 2008
Nope! My email stays where it is

and i will keep meeting NLDRS, its kind of fun!
One has to b careful, thats all.

i have had my own share of , Bad erhm sightings lipsrsealed

But i met one girl, my first impression was "cream"
she was as cool as she is on Nairaland, we met briefly but i know shes aiit! grin

i never go out of my way to meet people, Never.
yeah i meet them in the open smiley
and only after lots of chatting and calls smiley
Re: Tell Of A Nairalander You Have Met And What You Think Of Him/her? by Imani(f): 1:06pm On Mar 27, 2008
I think most nairalanders are ok, of course with the exceptionof the few bad eggs as is common in any e-community. I dont mind meeting more if time and opportunity permits. Meeting a female will be more interesting for me

I still keep in touch with those i have met and keep up with those i haven't met through social networking sites.
Re: Tell Of A Nairalander You Have Met And What You Think Of Him/her? by texazzpete(m): 3:45pm On Mar 27, 2008
Gamine:

Nope! My email stays where it is

and i will keep meeting NLDRS, its kind of fun!

One has to b careful, thats all.

i have had my own share of , Bad erhm sightings lipsrsealed

yeah i meet them in the open smiley
and only after lots of chatting and calls smiley

Shebi i'm one of the good sightings abi?
Sissy girl. . .

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply)

Who Do You Think Is The Wisest Female Monikker In Nairaland(transgenders Out) / Nigeria Girls In The U.S: Cute Or Ugly? / Gay Guys Needed: This Trend Is For Gays Only

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.