Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,065 members, 7,818,180 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:37 AM

See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 - Food (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 (63020 Views)

See The Fish I Bought With My Hard-Earned ₦1k / See The Tomatoes Someone Bought For N380 In Ghana / Food Items I Bought With 78K - Man Shares Shocking Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by cococandy(f): 5:37am On Dec 03, 2023
Sukkot knows

He just has an anti japa agenda. Only goodness knows why.
vivaciousvivi:

Bro, my rent was N550k per year at OPIC estate outside Lagos o. And then drive through that horrible traffic into the expressway daily to work. And that was because we formed bond with the landlord. The minute we told our landlord we were leaving, I got him a new tenant I met here on nairaland. Landlord jacked the rent for the guy to N1mn - 3 bed flat. The guy was telling me via WhatsApp. I swear! They finally agreed on N850k. Same compound, we pumped our water - which was basically clay and spend N4k to buy chemicals plus a small bag of alum every month to throw inside the tank on every pump. I kid you not.

My phcn bill with prepaid meter was N22k / month excluding previous gbese that accumulated after we paid for meter and they were still sending us inflated bills and this was then o. With some SERIOUS rationing. I swich off fridge and completely offloaded my freezer when I go to work. So I was paying crazy in naija for utilities I didn't even enjoy or had to provide for myself. let's not even talk of medicines when ill.

The bills are NOT crazy at all like you guys think else, why do people stay? As for your London comment earlier, Londoners pay the highest percentile in rent truly but also earn the highest percentile in income averaging £28k to the high £60Ks. Trust me, my naija secondary school friend who lives there, it's chicken change compared to her net pay at month end o.

If you have a partner, it's even better cos u share bills for a single hhousehold.I repeat, its not as crazy as you think and u can save quite well in such a short time too.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by ceejayluv(m): 5:41am On Dec 03, 2023
femi4:
You no do science for school ni. How can fresh and frozen food have same nutrients
Better than not being able to afford any. Are Nigerians Better nourished than the British?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 5:44am On Dec 03, 2023
ceejayluv:

Better than not being able to afford any. Are Nigerians Better nourished than the British?
No mind am

Garri in the morning, afternoon and evening

That's what he calls nourishment in his pangolo brain

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 5:53am On Dec 03, 2023
vivaciousvivi:

I am not in London though.
Somewhere in UK.
Naturally, you have to enjoy it, grumbling everyday will give a person heart problems and una politicians will be glowing up dey go.
Nigeria go better sha.
Cheers
Kai! Sis

We are not o.
We are faced with constant threat of insecurity esp kidnapping and armed robbery. U can't travel freely, one must pray for hours before traveling, transport very very costly. Food nko? Most are on 0 0 1 meal per day. And the meal is not balanced diet.

Sis one cannot enter bush to either farm or stroll in peace again without being attacked for no just cause!

3 Likes

Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by bejick(m): 5:57am On Dec 03, 2023
honour7:
It depends on the Job he is doing her in Nigeria we're i work, I only work 2hours a week and salary is in six figures

Linus mba, work only two and do monitoring for rest of the work.
Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by drerocker: 5:58am On Dec 03, 2023
Westchester:
Just saw this on Social Media, bro we’re living in hell in this country, just imagine what someone bought with only an hour’s job wage undecided cry
All these just for ten pound sterling shocked

Most of u guys are problem to the country instead of u guys to contribute your best to the development of your country you japa
n startt writing rubbish against your country. I would have love other countries can put a law thubif you have stay in a country for 10 years you can leave to your country it would be better or evidence of investment in your country b4 you can stay for a whike
with unity n best minds we can change nigeria not leaving the country to foools n tout to rule.

2 Likes

Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by bejick(m): 6:02am On Dec 03, 2023
Justicecreft:
You can confidently make £10 an hour in Nigeria if you have the right skill, especially if you are into trading forex/crypto

we are talking about minimum wage here the lowest of the jobs, not the best of the jobs.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by drerocker: 6:05am On Dec 03, 2023
Westchester:
Just saw this on Social Media, bro we’re living in hell in this country, just imagine what someone bought with only an hour’s job wage undecided cry
All these just for ten pound sterling shocked
if u change that cash here it's close to 12k it can buy nearly everything there.
Bros after spending years come home n invest.come n farm.
Brings companies ok I am a friend ok
Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by Lampy336: 6:13am On Dec 03, 2023
The japarians crew..
Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by Clean2016: 6:16am On Dec 03, 2023
Persephone1:
Food is cheap in UK and even USA... Try buying anything outside food then you will know Nigeria isn't TOTALLY bad.

Leave them let them be talking.
Rent 2 bedroom £1,200 per month. If you are not living in London, London is far higher
Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by todugo(m): 6:17am On Dec 03, 2023
illicit:
Waiting for someone to blame Tinubu

if not him who else?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by todugo(m): 6:21am On Dec 03, 2023
femi4:
Exactly, fake and unfresh food
Those lab induced meats and butter. Na why cancer be like Malaria for there😂😂

If you live aboard just be taking anti oxidants meds like water,if not na cancer go get from those foods
Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by Powersurge: 6:23am On Dec 03, 2023
marlow1962:
Nigerian minimum wage can't even buy their local bag of rice (what a very big shame).
Nigerian citizen will continue living in hell until they stop praising their slave masters, but for now let tribalism do his thing, when everybody is done insulting themselves over these punks politicians who don't give a Bleep about you, them we can talk business.

£10.50 is an hour minimum wage in the UK. That was what an hour job got him/her.

Oir hourly minimum wage us NGN 125.

When people say wey dey stay in the zoo people no go understand.

1 Like

Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by EdoBoy90(m): 6:29am On Dec 03, 2023
femi4:
Did she tell you she pays rent monthly for as much as 1000 pounds....dey play

Outside food, everything is damn expensive
Council tax, tv licence, power n gas bill are recurring expenditure that dem no born you well make you skip a month

Evil and wicked Person
Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by bejick(m): 6:29am On Dec 03, 2023
osothermal:
This one just open mouth dey talk nonsense. Where in uk is bread £3 or can't you see the receipt? Ozwo

Bread 75 Pence nornal

1 Like

Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by Brushstrokes20: 6:31am On Dec 03, 2023
Dammmmmmmmnnnn it!👀👀👀
The shyyythole is a hell hole!🕳️💯
# the shyyythole from fry pan to FIRE 🔥
Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by olabiz2010: 6:38am On Dec 03, 2023
Anyone living in UK or in US but complain should easily go back home and switch with real people suffering. Life can surely be tough out here but can’t be compare to what people facing back home.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by olabiz2010: 6:40am On Dec 03, 2023
Clean2016:

Leave them let them be talking.
Rent 2 bedroom £1,200 per month. If you are not living in London, London is far higher

You may not really have enough savings after all expenses but it’s far better than an average man struggling back home. That’s the truth.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by saysoo: 6:46am On Dec 03, 2023
Cruise777:
Rent and utilities na the Koko, not food

Even homeless people get free food
You dey mind them. 10years in the so called paradise yet they can't show anything.
Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by neyobills: 6:46am On Dec 03, 2023
steeltrust:
when many of them talk nonsense about abroad I look at them and laugh
My wife drives a 2022 Chevy malabu
It takes only 13$ to fill up the tank
That about 13-14k naira
But for naija if I no hold 40k I never even start

Naija isa dead country I swear

$13 to fill up your tank in the US....how convenient.....miracle no dey Taya Jesus .

1 Like

Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by cezarman(m): 6:47am On Dec 03, 2023
sukkot:
ahhh well i hope you are enjoying the london because we are here enjoying the naija grin

See how your argument ended undecided

Una no dey make any attempt hide una wickedness again oh angry

4 Likes

Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by olabiz2010: 6:48am On Dec 03, 2023
saysoo:
You dey mind them. 10years in the so called paradise yet they can't show anything.

Only lazy and unserious people won’t b able show anything after 10 years.

We also have people who make good money in Naija and surely won’t be able to show anything after 10 years.

You gerrit?

6 Likes

Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by bejick(m): 6:51am On Dec 03, 2023
Smartguyboy:

There’s more to life than free and cheap food over there the rich understand this that why they make the food cheaper and free so the poor won’t mind anything there are doing .

why your own rich people and polithiefian not make available basic amenities so we can overlook their excesses, but no they still pocket all the money and send their children abroad while them too go for Medical tourism abroad too. Omo there is no comparison at all.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by olabiz2010: 6:55am On Dec 03, 2023
bejick:

why your own rich people and polithiefian not make available basic amenities so we can overlook their excesses, but no they still pocket all the money and send their children abroad while them too go for Medical tourism abroad too. Omo there is no comparison at all.

Well said. I hope they listen and learn.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by prizeless(m): 6:57am On Dec 03, 2023
This is a proof of hardship in Nigeria
Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by saysoo: 6:58am On Dec 03, 2023
olabiz2010:

Only lazy and unserious people won’t b able show anything after 10 years.

We also have people who make good money in Naija and surely won’t be able to show anything after 10 years.

You gerrit?
No i don't gerrit. Cause to come home is a problem, you guys will be making only calls. I have loads of them allover the globe. Only my pals on IS( International staffers) do come home.
Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by bejick(m): 6:59am On Dec 03, 2023
Donaldoni:
You did not remove house rent, taxes and other bills from that 10 pounds minimum wage

Minimum wage earners(drivers, gatemen etc) own their houses and drive their cars in Nigeria

And when dull*rds are referring to minimum wage, they always assume it's the whole take-home package. No! It's just the basic salary!!

And now there is an additional 35k wage award for all and sundry.

abeg which part of Nigeria do Gatemen and drivers have house and dive car, then the person in question is into other shady deals. Salary alone cannot do that.

1 Like

Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by saysoo: 7:04am On Dec 03, 2023
bejick:

Guy no body is talking abou comparing. Every household in South Korea has a 4G broadband access, can you say the same with the UK?. The argument here is that it is not always greener at the other side.
Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by bejick(m): 7:06am On Dec 03, 2023
Mrnairalandd:
I just dey laugh at the foolish Nigerians who are being misled by their fellow UK based dumbass… If you like, resign or dump your business and travel abroad, my brother, you go suffer.

They don’t listen until they get to Europe/America and realise things are not the way it seems. If God want to punish you, you ll travel with your wife and children, this ll mark the end of your destiny. Your powerful village people have finally nail your destiny in the mud grin.

Let me give you 1000% insight into what await you, if it is easy like your fellow dumbass with Lidl or Asda bread(That bread in the trolley taste like Igi Afara), it is not like your usual nice Agege bread. Nigerians business in Europe/America make their own Agege bread which taste similar to the one here in Nigeria. Nigeria Agege loaf of bread cost you 3 x more that what you pay in Nigeria. This is a typical example of what those lying bastards don’t tell you until you get there and find out why 90% Africans hardly go back home. If 80% of people abroad are successful like they make you believe, African airports ll be filled with Africans arriving from Europe /America on a daily basis but sadly opposite is the case.

Let me quickly go back to those who bring their wives and kids, if you going to renew your wife and children(assuming 2kids) visa at every 2yrs and half, it ll cost you guys about £15,000 including lawyer fees. You ll do this for 10years before you r qualify for permanent residence. Did they tell you this grin?

Let’s go back those chalks(tasteless) called foods in the trolley, that packaged chicken you see inside that trolley are chicken breed with chemical so they break up like Corcoran/cooked yam or new yam grin, they are absolutely tasteless compare to what you r used to here in Nigeria. Here is d truth again about chicken, you can get African hard chicken with the same taste like what you r used to in Africa but one is £4 unless you go for those ones that look like prematured foetuses for £3. My brother, this is just 1% of what they r hiding from you …

Just before i go, let me open your eyes with this, if you want to live one room Bariga/Okokomiko/Orile/Abule Egba/Mushin life, it dey, just like the Op but make sure you come with a lot of tissues and soap to self-service grin for years cos nobody ll date you in that state. However, you ll get a room for £700(cheapest), food, transport and other bills are excluded oooo before you blame me…

The only person i ll advise to go and hustle abroad are those who are used to unrefined poverty(proper penury) here in Africa but if you are average guys, chai! You ll cry and cry ooo grin

If you want to be called uncle London/America grin by your nieces and nephews without money/house home and abroad after 30yrs in abroad, my guy, look well oooo. Don’t join your predecessors who r trying to lure you to join their association in Europe/America.

Peace

All this you talk are about people that travelled Illegally so the don't have proper document so it takes them longer time to get into the system. some get from Nigeria 5 years ILS.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 7:07am On Dec 03, 2023
saysoo:
Someone makes 5m monthly here in Naija, but is in serious debt and nothing to show for it, 20 years and counting

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by Truths9ja: 7:08am On Dec 03, 2023
sukkot:
very rare. Uk wages are notoriously low. If it wasn’t for the strength of the pound it would be a no go zone. Wages are poor. There are no job description that would pay you that much in the uk but if you have a skill and willing to hustle like for example doctors do locum. This is like hustling mercenary type work where you are sent anywhere everyday so you are unstable but you can get up to 250k. That’s the only job where you can clock 250k is locum consultant because those top IT jobs you can’t even make half of that
I heard you clearly here

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by Eduadolero(f): 7:09am On Dec 03, 2023
AfahaAbia:
All you ignorant folks here talking like you know what happens in the UK and USA. In the USA and UK foods is very cheap. Food there is nothing. Have you heard of food banks? They give food for free. I personally use to do dumpster diving in those days as a student (Google dumpster diving) come see fresh food na that people no longer need. My fridge was usually full with all kinds of foods... Light bill, water bill, etc that is the Koko. You go pay tire!!! It's only in Nigeria I see so much ignorance.
You people just talk anyhow, what's youbgo pay tire?
You pay what you use my dear. And if you work you can actually afford it.
My sister is in the Uk, and is able to start a project here in Nigeria. What she couldn't do the many years she was in Naija
Whether you agree or not doesn't matter. People live far better in UK or US that this Nigeria

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (19) (Reply)

Animal We Killed During Night Hunting / Fisherman Catches A Shark In Bayelsa Community (Pictures) / I Found Cockroach Inside Food I Got From A Buka (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.