Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,206 members, 7,815,197 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:54 AM

See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 - Food (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 (62978 Views)

See The Fish I Bought With My Hard-Earned ₦1k / See The Tomatoes Someone Bought For N380 In Ghana / Food Items I Bought With 78K - Man Shares Shocking Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by bejick(m): 7:10am On Dec 03, 2023
nairalanda1:

I doubt he can

London rents are on average 2000 pounds a month. (For comparison, Manchester is 1117 pounds a month, Liverpool is 884 pounds a month, overall for UK is 1279 PER Month).

I stay in Newcastle 3 bedroom terraces I pay 625 pounds , my friend pay for same apartment 550 pounds. 2000 Pounds for rent how much you come dey earn make una lie small small. If anyone is even pay 2000pounds/ month believe me he will earning like 5000 pounds/month

1 Like

Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by olabiz2010: 7:10am On Dec 03, 2023
saysoo:
No i don't gerrit. Cause to come home is a problem, you guys will be making only calls. I have loads of them allover the globe. Only my pals on IS( International staffers) do come home.

To come home and do what exactly? Trust me you may not really understand until you finally leave one day.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by nedekid: 7:15am On Dec 03, 2023
InyinyaAgbaOku:

To maintain the same standard of 247 power supply , you know how many litres of gen you will burn daily? That's the light tax in Nigeria.
To have the same type of security, you know how much you will pay for security security?
Bros, all the business we do, diesel takes all the money. It is as if we are working to pay the diesel man. Do you know we spend roughly 1m on diesel weekly? For the past 3 days no light so we are blowing about 400l daily running 2 one hundred kva generators. If we have to turn on the 350kva, we will be burning even more diesel.
Guess what, 1 liter of diesel varies from 1200-₦1300 per liter.

1 Like

Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by cezarman(m): 7:15am On Dec 03, 2023
olabiz2010:

Only lazy and unserious people won’t b able show anything after 10 years.

We also have people who make good money in Naija and surely won’t be able to show anything after 10 years.

You gerrit?

He/they will never gerrit... And it's very painful

1 Like

Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by IamMobisola(f): 7:16am On Dec 03, 2023
Westchester:
Just saw this on Social Media, bro we’re living in hell in this country, just imagine what someone bought with only an hour’s job wage undecided cry
All these just for ten pound sterling shocked
Food is cheap in the US, UK and so on. Even homeless people get free food. The issues over there are tax, rent, light bills, water bills and so on which they are being charged monthly and not yearly like here in Nigeria. They pay like 600 euros per month for Rent in a one bedroom apartment in northern UK, What will happen if such rent is being charged per month in Nigeria? Plus water bill, electricity bill, monthly? Half of the country will be homeless.

Many of them complain that like half of their salary in a month goes to Tax. How many people pay for Tax here in Nigeria?

So it is nothing.
Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by saysoo: 7:17am On Dec 03, 2023
olabiz2010:

To come home and do what exactly? Trust me you may not really understand until you finally leave one day.

Just visit MMA from next week and see for yourself. Air peace just doubled their flights to Nigeria. Oga na who get dey come, who no get dey busy for holiday period. Even for naija here, enter park see movement.
Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by sukkot: 7:19am On Dec 03, 2023
cezarman:

See how your argument ended undecided

Una no dey make any attempt hide una wickedness again oh angry
it was too late bro. I was sleepy 🤣
Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by Tallesty1(m): 7:19am On Dec 03, 2023
Persephone1:
Food is cheap in UK and even USA... Try buying anything outside food then you will know Nigeria isn't TOTALLY bad.
Aside from sex, which shouldn't be for sale in the first place, tell me one other thing in Nigeria that is currently cheap, taking cognizance of our monthly minimum wage.

Nigeria is totally bad.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by saysoo: 7:20am On Dec 03, 2023
VeeVeeMyLuv:

Someone makes 5m monthly here in Naija, but is in serious debt and nothing to show for it, 20 years and counting
Oga small small na. Dis one na linus mba level.
Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by MrBONE2(m): 7:22am On Dec 03, 2023
Jokerman:
As an APC social media tribalist, it will favour me and my family
Amen!!!
grin

Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by sukkot: 7:22am On Dec 03, 2023
cococandy:
Sukkot knows

He just has an anti japa agenda. Only goodness knows why.
cococandy wetin you chop remain for ya boys ? We remain ever loyal 😄 ermmm I don’t have anti japa agenda oooo. I just like to create slight opposition to produce a balanced view
Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by bejick(m): 7:23am On Dec 03, 2023
femi4:
They will, do you know that over there you don't get paid if you don't work even if you're sick

Big lie, where I work people take six months sick leave and they are paid in full for the six months when it over six month you start getting half pay. So ones in a while people will just take theirs go and be working else where until the sixth month. My brother and see no let Nigeria poor system held you bound. People that dont get paid are contract or agency workers once you are a permanent staff forgeritt

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by Alpharey: 7:25am On Dec 03, 2023
Persephone1:
Food is cheap in UK and even USA... Try buying anything outside food then you will know Nigeria isn't TOTALLY bad.

Food is the commonest problem a man needs to solve. If you eat belleful, you can bend iron. Only if Nigerian leaders will understand

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by sukkot: 7:25am On Dec 03, 2023
sweetkev:
Which average work will pay you 15k per hour in your hell called Nigeria.
you can get 15k an hour doing many jobs na. You just have to know how to operate in the modern world.
Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by ceejayluv(m): 7:26am On Dec 03, 2023
nairalanda1:

The fault is that we do not pay the actual cost of generating and producing power. We pay a subsidised price.We also have people who are not paying for the power they use...rich and poor alike.

So, at the end, there isn't enough money to expand and fix power.

I AM NOT DEFENDING ANY USELESS GOVERNMENT. I am merely pointing out that the UK has power because they pay for the actual cost. We don't because we pay too low a cost for it...because we are a poor nation. Meanwhile, government failures to diversify the economy mean there is limited cash to make up the shortfall.

And here we are

As much as people hate to hear this from me...and yes, you are free to abuse me....I don't care any more....we can only have power if we pay the actual cost of power, not the subsidised cost.

Heck, Buhari even made matters worse by freezing prices for power between 2017-19. Meanwhile costs of gas, maintenance costs, etc went up. Tinubu is continuing in the same vein. How are companies going to make a profit to pay for improvements, like their UK counterparts.?
Then we're saying the same thing. It's better to pay "through the nose" and enjoy the amenities as you did while abroad. All that you wrote feels like you're giving excuses for our inefficiency. More efficient societies Will Always attract immigrants from shitholes...

1 Like

Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by sukkot: 7:29am On Dec 03, 2023
vivaciousvivi:

I am not in London though.
Somewhere in UK.
Naturally, you have to enjoy it, grumbling everyday will give a person heart problems and una politicians will be glowing up dey go.
Nigeria go better sha.
Cheers
last last all of us will be alright sha . In the infamous words of a world reknowned Poet LAS LAS EVERYBODY GO CHOP BREAKFAST 🤣
Cheers Darling
Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by XploraBen(m): 7:31am On Dec 03, 2023
Shelter100:
I like UK
Do you live there?
Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by Solofresh2: 7:34am On Dec 03, 2023
sukkot:
could be or not. is the sun sign receptive to the light and is their partner the light ? in fact thats the perfect placement for your woman if as a man you are a sage. you want a woman willing to be receptive to your wisdom, an earth woman. a woman willing to be the moon receiving its light from you the sun.

The point is it is not a bad thing for your wife to be a zombie but you have to lead her well and righteously. That would be the perfect union. A zombie wife and a righteous sage lol
Lol but to be honest with you,all the ladies around me are either older than I do or are the same age mate with me.And I like the ladies falling in love than me doing the falling grin so am taking my time to look for a younger lady.
Am also grateful that am alpha Pisces moon
Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by sukkot: 7:36am On Dec 03, 2023
Solofresh2:
Lol but to be honest with you,all the ladies around me are either older than I do or are the same age mate with me.And I like the ladies falling in love than me doing the falling grin so am taking my time to look for a younger lady.
Am also grateful that am alpha Pisces moon
you Dey find woman for this tinubu economy sad brother make I borrow 200 Naira cry
Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by ariesbull: 7:39am On Dec 03, 2023
Edipet:
bro, am so broke at the moment. What kind of work do you do, please I need a job
you can start by selling Food by the street corner
Earn how to solve needs
Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by Brushstrokes20: 8:04am On Dec 03, 2023
# glaring evidence that the shyyythole is being ruled by a bunch of useless, sadistic, satanic, self serving THIEVES!💯
But when the people are ready,
THE NEEDFUL WILL BE DONE! 💯

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by cococandy(f): 8:07am On Dec 03, 2023
sukkot:
cococandy wetin you chop remain for ya boys ? We remain ever loyal 😄 ermmm I don’t have anti japa agenda oooo. I just like to create slight opposition to produce a balanced view

Wetin I chop remain? Nothing 👀

@bold, Are you sure like this? I’m not convinced. 🤔

1 Like

Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by bejick(m): 8:12am On Dec 03, 2023
saysoo:
Guy no body is talking abou comparing. Every household in South Korea has a 4G broadband access, can you say the same with the UK?. The argument here is that it is not always greener at the other side.

yes every house uses wifi here cos phone data wont be enough. The are use to suffering, I use to talk like you until my wife convinced beyond doubt my brother sleep and death are not same. You can be in your house and know when your bus or train will arrive your b/stop and time to reach you destination and it so accurate. Sto playing abeg travel and see.

2 Likes

Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by Cruise777: 8:13am On Dec 03, 2023
ugofulfilled:

The way you justify nonsense eh... so in Nigeria rent, utilities and food no be the koko... what's electricity tariff now, cooking gas, fuel,etc... why on earth do you have to justify evil?

Why are you Nsogbu Nsogbu people always caping nonsense

Did I compare to Nigeria or which evil did I just support with my simple two line comment

Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 8:13am On Dec 03, 2023
Alpharey:

Food is the commonest problem a man needs to solve. If you eat belleful, you can bend iron. Only if Nigerian leaders will understand
Tell him oooo...
Don't mind those idiots angry
Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by Cruise777: 8:13am On Dec 03, 2023
ottersberger:

Do homeless people in Nigeria also get free food?

Only Almajiri children can answer that

1 Like

Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by Cruise777: 8:15am On Dec 03, 2023
soccerlite:

Is rent, utilities cheap in nigeria

What brought Nigeria into my comment
Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by omonla10(m): 8:16am On Dec 03, 2023
ExudeLoveToAll:

The difference is that everyone can afford that in the UK why you are talking about job that is only accessible to 1 percent of the population.
no mind am.. His six figures sef na one day salary for unskilled labour in d uk

1 Like

Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by bejick(m): 8:18am On Dec 03, 2023
adecz:

Food is usually the cheapest
thing in most western countries.

The problem area na accommodation,
fueling, utilities, services and tax. They
are waiting for you at every turn. That's
why, the average Japa person needs to
keep several jobs to survive❗️❗️❗️

For 9ja, if you are street smart, you
can usually find your way round those
problem areas.

You can bypass NEPA lines, avoid taxes,
do hide and seek with your landlord and
go and be fetching water 🚿from the house
of the neighborhood big man that has
borehole🚿

You try any of those stuff abroad and
you find yourself in jail or you're homeless
on the streets..

Oyibo nor sabi abeg❗️❗️😁😁😁

for you mind that na life abi, Nigeria is chaotic in nature not meat normal human beings

1 Like

Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by finallybusy: 8:19am On Dec 03, 2023
Na una choose government come dey complain on top. Tinubu fit una. Embassies should ban Yoruba people from acquiring visas, let them stay and enjoy their uncle’s work.

2 Likes

Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 8:20am On Dec 03, 2023
Cruise777:

Why are you Nsogbu Nsogbu people always caping nonsense

Did I compare to Nigeria or which evil did I just support with my simple two line comment

How many of the oyinbo people you don see wey dey rush japa come naija? No b naija people dey rush japa go that side because of lack of almost everything including security?

A lady jogging here phone snatched,
Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by bejick(m): 8:21am On Dec 03, 2023
Panda7:
Lies from the pits of hell. No be only £10 na 10kobo. If an hour job can buy you these, it means a day job is enough to open a bakery. Global food prices have really crashed and the UK produce enough to feed itself.

what is this one saying, you are really confused. Nigeria problem is messing up with your brain.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (19) (Reply)

Animal We Killed During Night Hunting / Fisherman Catches A Shark In Bayelsa Community (Pictures) / See The Tiny Catfish I Bought 2000 Naira This Morning.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.