Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,947 members, 7,817,780 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:26 PM

Looking After Inlaws Is Not A Man Responsibility - Reno Omokri - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Looking After Inlaws Is Not A Man Responsibility - Reno Omokri (19116 Views)

What's A Man's Responsibility Towards The Wife's Family. / Save Me From Entitled Inlaws / Is This The Right Time To Call The Inlaws? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Looking After Inlaws Is Not A Man Responsibility - Reno Omokri by hartson(m): 4:44pm On Dec 08, 2023
ednut1:
any lady that is the first daughter with struggling parents and siblings. I no dey near there
What of the ones who are not first daughters yet their parents and siblings are still in struggle mode.by the way I think say you down settle down with family in Canny.
Re: Looking After Inlaws Is Not A Man Responsibility - Reno Omokri by Emotionss: 4:44pm On Dec 08, 2023
[color=#006600][/color]
Samantha124:
What if i have my own money and I don't ask the husband for money before I buy the grocery?

I'd be busy working for my money and not having the time to cook for people who can cook for themselves, I'm not their chef.

It is actually not your fault

Lots of men have lost their masculine nature all in the name of being woke and modern. Therapy making you female entities to believe and become something you are not...

Even with your so called money a masculine and dominant man will make you submit naturally and willingly. All this social media Feminizim is for Simps and feminine men...

3 Likes

Re: Looking After Inlaws Is Not A Man Responsibility - Reno Omokri by Nobody: 4:44pm On Dec 08, 2023
If a man keeps bringing up the issue of bride price to me as a way of blackmail, I'll save up the money and give him the exact same amount he used for the bride price so that I can finally have peace of mind.

Or I'll take out the money from my savings account and give him.
Emotionss:
[color=#006600][/color]

All this conditional conditional is for weaklings and pussywhipped men.

Them know born any woman that I used my money marry to come and be giving me conditions in my own house.

As long as I was the one that paid the bride price my wife is required to care for my parents if I so wishes.

She can't refuse it.

Secondly as far as I fulfilled ALL the requirements from her parents, my authority overruns whatever claims her family claim to have over her until ststed otherwise my me......

Weaklings making you guys think you are more than what you are originally meant to be.

A helper .

1 Like

Re: Looking After Inlaws Is Not A Man Responsibility - Reno Omokri by LikeAking: 4:46pm On Dec 08, 2023
Samantha124:
I don't disagree with what everyone is saying, in fact I agree that the groom shouldn't be burdened with the responsibility of financially supporting his in-laws, but the wife should also not be expected to perform certain responsibilities towards her in-laws.

When they visit, they should cook for themselves whenever the wife is busy, for she's not their chef... And if one of the groom's parents gets sick and needs 24/7 care, the groom should care for his parent to good health, for his wife wouldn't have signed up to be a nurse when she agreed to get married to him.

What do you think guys? grin grin grin

Agreed!

Na so e suppose be.
Re: Looking After Inlaws Is Not A Man Responsibility - Reno Omokri by Nobody: 4:47pm On Dec 08, 2023
Respect is earned and love shouldn't be one sided.
Emotionss:
[color=#006600][/color]

It is actually not your fault

Lots of men have lost their masculine nature all in the name of being woke and modern. Therapy making you female entities to believe and become something you are not...

Even with your so called money a masculine and dominant man will make you submit naturally and willingly. All this social media Feminizim is for Simps and feminine men...
Re: Looking After Inlaws Is Not A Man Responsibility - Reno Omokri by omooba969(m): 4:47pm On Dec 08, 2023
Samantha124:
I don't disagree with what everyone is saying, in fact I agree that the groom shouldn't be burdened with the responsibility of financially supporting his in-laws, but the wife should also not be expected to perform certain responsibilities towards her in-laws.

When they visit, they should cook for themselves whenever the wife is busy, for she's not their chef... And if one of the groom's parents gets sick and needs 24/7 care, the groom should care for his parent to good health, for his wife wouldn't have signed up to be a nurse when she agreed to get married to him.

I wonder how you're able to relate on this issue, as a South African...I really wonder!

I think you should get your nose out of this.

Tryna have an opinion on such a sensitive matter....Imagine! undecided

1 Like

Re: Looking After Inlaws Is Not A Man Responsibility - Reno Omokri by omooba969(m): 4:49pm On Dec 08, 2023
Samantha124:
If a man keeps bringing up the issue of bride price to me as a way of blackmail, I'll save up the money and give him the exact same amount he used for the bride price so that I can finally have peace of mind.

It has to be a contest, isn't it?

Phew! 🥴

1 Like

Re: Looking After Inlaws Is Not A Man Responsibility - Reno Omokri by tollyboy5(m): 4:51pm On Dec 08, 2023
Samantha124:
If she says she's busy, she's busy... You're not expected to decide for her the same way she wouldn't be deciding for you to support her parents financially.
She's not going to cook for my parents in their home. If they visit our home then she's meant to cook for them.
Note i'm not actually againt taking care of your inlaw. I believe my inlaws are my second parent, just that the aspect of cooking you raise don't apply as equal treatment.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Looking After Inlaws Is Not A Man Responsibility - Reno Omokri by Offpointng: 4:54pm On Dec 08, 2023
NwokoloOwa:

How much really is the bride price? Some of us spend way more than the so called bride price on our side chick. So what's the fuss about bride price?

On my own end, ion do side chick.

My homie's bride parent are asking he pays bout 940k for bride price after sponsoring her to school. Wait, you expect me to go thr all that to come and be taking care of them after?? Nahh let em eat their tomorrow now
Re: Looking After Inlaws Is Not A Man Responsibility - Reno Omokri by ednut1(m): 4:55pm On Dec 08, 2023
hartson:
What of the ones who are not first daughters yet their parents and siblings are still in struggle mode.by the way I think say you down settle down with family in Canny.
🙄 . My policy is dont start what you can’t finish lol

1 Like

Re: Looking After Inlaws Is Not A Man Responsibility - Reno Omokri by omooba969(m): 4:55pm On Dec 08, 2023
hartson:

Daddy freeze has told you guys to leave struggling girls alone, let them marry their mates.

It's a common occurrence seeing a rich guy pick a girl from the gutter and clean her up, but it's so rare for our loaded women to do so.

Let the poor marry the poor & the rich, the rich...says the preacher! cool
Re: Looking After Inlaws Is Not A Man Responsibility - Reno Omokri by Connected1: 4:58pm On Dec 08, 2023
Samantha124:
Even when she's busy
What's up with the comparative analysis, you can do better.

Reno is a known clown, taking care of the homeless, your colleagues and your cousins isn't a man's responsibility but he who has money does these things regardless.

Don't compare yourself with people and be in useless competitions, be the selfless type of person you are.
Re: Looking After Inlaws Is Not A Man Responsibility - Reno Omokri by Emotionss: 4:59pm On Dec 08, 2023
[color=#006600][/color]
Samantha124:

Again you just proved my point.

It is obvious that the type of men you have been dealing with all your life are feminine weaklings who are willing to trade their manhood and authority just to be your companion.. weaklings who are no Man enough to put you in check.

The only reason you will be willing to return the supposed bride price to your so called husband is because you married a Simp. A Frameless nonentity that has been emasculated either by you or by society. And the fact you even have such thoughts and even expect the weaklings of a husband to accept the money also proved my point...

1 Like

Re: Looking After Inlaws Is Not A Man Responsibility - Reno Omokri by NwokoloOwa: 4:59pm On Dec 08, 2023
Offpointng:

On my own end, ion do side chick.

My homie's bride parent are asking he pays bout 940k for bride price after sponsoring her to school. Wait, you expect me to go thr all that to come and be taking care of them after?? Nahh let em eat their tomorrow now

940k is nothing to a loving wife and a happy home
Re: Looking After Inlaws Is Not A Man Responsibility - Reno Omokri by gabbytabby: 5:00pm On Dec 08, 2023
Except where the man forbids his wife to take employment then it is his responsibility.

Chibuzoripob:
Their daughter is FREE to take care of her parents..It is not the husband responsibility to carry/shoulder his wife family burden on his head like gala
Re: Looking After Inlaws Is Not A Man Responsibility - Reno Omokri by Deepspirituals: 5:02pm On Dec 08, 2023
Ewedegubbler:
this mumu dandawudu. either he is busy trolling igbos who are far ahead of him or he is busy giving silly family advice when he himself couldn't keep one...
. He is Right .It isn't a Silly Advise .

Reno Might have Done some Wrongs but on this He is Absolutely Right ..
Re: Looking After Inlaws Is Not A Man Responsibility - Reno Omokri by omooba969(m): 5:02pm On Dec 08, 2023
sharone21:

Thank you my husband.

Oversabi kills the sweetness of marriage..... Haven't we seen inlaws who go the extreme for their son inlaws eg selling their properties to raise business capital for them or to add to it?

Anyway, everyone knows how to handle things, anybody that likes listen to all nonsense from media.

Do you think the in-laws will do that if he wasn't married to their daughter?

Dey Play grin
Re: Looking After Inlaws Is Not A Man Responsibility - Reno Omokri by Gr8mind07(m): 5:02pm On Dec 08, 2023
The point here is that some inland makes it so obligatory to the son inlaw ahead of every other thing. Marriage is not a trade biko
Re: Looking After Inlaws Is Not A Man Responsibility - Reno Omokri by OlawaleBammie: 5:06pm On Dec 08, 2023
Samantha124:
Because this is coming from a married person, right? cheesy cheesy cheesy

And I thought Nigerians referred to all black South Africans as Zulus... grin grin grin

I am not married yet, but premarital stage self na shege promax from you girls.. grin

Well, I know that south Africa can never be an all-zulus affairs..cus as little as I know, we have the zulus, afrikaans speaking whites, maybe small swahili and Sepedi (as I was told by you then grin )
Re: Looking After Inlaws Is Not A Man Responsibility - Reno Omokri by lagosrd: 5:08pm On Dec 08, 2023
Follow Reno at your won risks. I noticed he messes everything around him up nowaday
Re: Looking After Inlaws Is Not A Man Responsibility - Reno Omokri by waveman2: 5:08pm On Dec 08, 2023
Only that one na dangote kind money well I wish you luck.

vaxx:
I want to be bless to the level of taking care of my inlaw . It is what I personally wish for myself
Re: Looking After Inlaws Is Not A Man Responsibility - Reno Omokri by Gentlesoul2021(m): 5:08pm On Dec 08, 2023
Samantha124:

This is totally unrelated. They are talking financial gesture towards ur in-laws u are talking otherwise...

1 Like

Re: Looking After Inlaws Is Not A Man Responsibility - Reno Omokri by Emotionss: 5:11pm On Dec 08, 2023
[color=#006600][/color]
Samantha124:
Respect is earned and love shouldn't be one sided.

Before you decide to marry me you must first respect me and what I stand for..

You must submit to my authority and the rules governing my Home.

I will love, provide and protect you as MY WIFE as it is my duty to do so. But I will also not compromise my authority and principles all in the name of being modern or woke.....

Your conditions and manipulations and Feminist believes will not be tolerated in my home.

5 Likes

Re: Looking After Inlaws Is Not A Man Responsibility - Reno Omokri by id4sho(m): 5:15pm On Dec 08, 2023
Samantha124:

Why won't she cook, fastest way to leave through the door. That's her homely responsibility.
My ex girlfriend who served me breakfast last month told me I will put her mum on monthly allowance sad. Am still glad we've parted ways.

Taking care of sick family members will be sorted amongst my siblings.

Seems like Nigerian girls fever is infecting you SA ladies cheesy
Re: Looking After Inlaws Is Not A Man Responsibility - Reno Omokri by achillesfoot(m): 5:20pm On Dec 08, 2023
Dear Nigerians, do not fall for these useless talks.. All these will not put food on your table. If you look properly at Reno, all he does is introduce different controversial topics to keep tongues wagging and his name on everyone's lips.. After that he says things to please his pay masters... It's all a game to them cos they know you Nigerians aren't soundly educated.. This is psychology at its finest.... My own 2 cents.
Re: Looking After Inlaws Is Not A Man Responsibility - Reno Omokri by Dshocker(m): 5:21pm On Dec 08, 2023
Samantha124:

Why won't you cook for your in-law when they come visiting?
Re: Looking After Inlaws Is Not A Man Responsibility - Reno Omokri by NECO1998: 5:23pm On Dec 08, 2023
Omokri is right for the first time in years.
Re: Looking After Inlaws Is Not A Man Responsibility - Reno Omokri by IjebuWarrior: 5:24pm On Dec 08, 2023
Foodqueen:
The man should just learn to shut up.

Go shut am up na... angry

Re: Looking After Inlaws Is Not A Man Responsibility - Reno Omokri by epainos: 5:25pm On Dec 08, 2023
Samantha124:

Here is my opinion:

The wife should take care of the home exactly like how God ordained it. Of course, they have friends who visit...the wife should entertain the guests. And of course, some men are even better at cooking.

As long as inlaws don't overstay, there is nothing wrong. Some parents don't overstay their "welcome" in their kids' places. My parents are one...and even after the passing to glory of one, the other still doesn't.

The most successful marriages out there are the ones in which couples take the nuclear family above every other thing. They are one when they get married, and inlaws should not be the priority. This is my view.

Marrying a spouse who agrees with one in this regard is the way forward. Most people suffering in marriages see these issues but ignore them. Then, they start complaining later.

Nigerian society wants to normalize taking the opportunity of everything.... but I tell you...a reasonable human being will reject these things and not go into such a union. Every girl who is about her parents always shows it before marriage, and the men went into it. So, why the complaint? And every mom's boy shows it also....why the complaint?

Choose the right partner and all will be well. If you don't see one...wait. it is not by force to just get married.

1 Like

Re: Looking After Inlaws Is Not A Man Responsibility - Reno Omokri by Acidosis(m): 5:26pm On Dec 08, 2023
id4sho:

Why won't she cook, fastest way to leave through the door. That's her homely responsibility.
My ex girlfriend who served me breakfast last month told me I will put her mum on monthly allowance sad. Am still glad we've parted ways.

Ah.....That is a criminal right there. You dodged a bullet.

3 Likes

Re: Looking After Inlaws Is Not A Man Responsibility - Reno Omokri by NECO1998: 5:34pm On Dec 08, 2023
You don't know why your bride price was paid in the first instance. Except you are on your way out of the marriage, it's your duty to perform your domestic roles in your house. Remember, it's the man's family that married you for the man and not the man himself. Just know that the man is merely representing the family in performing marital duties. As a married woman,if you fail to perform your domestic roles, don't run from pillar to post when an 18 years old girl perform them for you. I hope also you won't run to the man's family when things turn sour.
Samantha124:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Sending Money To Parents Back Home / Married Men And Women: Is It A Must You Take Dinner With Your Spouses? / Should I Go Back To School Or Focus On My Fruit Biz.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.