Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,891 members, 7,817,621 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:42 PM

Looking After Inlaws Is Not A Man Responsibility - Reno Omokri - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Looking After Inlaws Is Not A Man Responsibility - Reno Omokri (19115 Views)

What's A Man's Responsibility Towards The Wife's Family. / Save Me From Entitled Inlaws / Is This The Right Time To Call The Inlaws? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Looking After Inlaws Is Not A Man Responsibility - Reno Omokri by Pjelafe(m): 5:35pm On Dec 08, 2023
AncientAlien:
but love is blind. You might be addicted to such person.
Re: Looking After Inlaws Is Not A Man Responsibility - Reno Omokri by lenghtinny(m): 5:39pm On Dec 08, 2023
Integrafamoo:

This is a wrong school of thought. It all depends on your capacity and how useful your wife and her families are. Some in-laws can stand with you in time of crises than your so called relatives
Its not a wrong school of thought oga….

No one is disputing the fact that you can help your in-laws if you are capable…

But then, have you met entitled in-laws that feel it is your responsibility to shoulder their burden angry
Re: Looking After Inlaws Is Not A Man Responsibility - Reno Omokri by lenghtinny(m): 5:39pm On Dec 08, 2023
Samantha124:
If a man keeps bringing up the issue of bride price to me as a way of blackmail, I'll save up the money and give him the exact same amount he used for the bride price so that I can finally have peace of mind.

Or I'll take out the money from my savings account and give him.
You obviously don’t know the essence of the bride price angry
Re: Looking After Inlaws Is Not A Man Responsibility - Reno Omokri by Integrafamoo: 5:40pm On Dec 08, 2023
babyfaceafrica:
Reno Omokri has revealed that looking after in-laws is not a man’s responsibility.

He said the fastest route to pov£rty is marrying a woman who believes her family is also your responsibility. From time to time, you can help only if you can afford it. But, accepting a duty to look after in-laws is not responsibility. It is stupity! Any girl with that type of mentality is a liability. And her family will result in your instability,

https://instablog9ja.com/2023/12/08/looking-after-in-laws-is-not-a-mans-responsibility-it-is-reno-omokri/

Is he right or wrong?

This is a wrong school of thought. It all depends on your capacity and how useful your wife and her families are. Some in-laws can stand with you in time of crises than your so called relatives
Re: Looking After Inlaws Is Not A Man Responsibility - Reno Omokri by ExudeLoveToAll: 5:44pm On Dec 08, 2023
Why won't men die you? you marry a lady and then carry the problem of her family on your head, if you do this you are own your own. Your financial success is a long way shot.

The thing that is so annoying is that the family will leave their biological children alone when they have financial issues and starts putting pressure on an inlaw who comes second fiddle in ranking.

When properties are shared in the family nobody calls the inlaw to come and collect his share that time they remember he is not their biological son but when problems are shared he becomes the first son if the family. That's for those who wants to remain in the rat race of life

Oy help when you can help and not as a duty, that is left for the children to cater.

A friend of mine was sharing his expenses and income with me and our was shocked the percentage he spent on his girlfriend and his her family , some one that is a middle income eaner in Nigeria. Because of this his income was slightly lower than his expenditure and that was baffling to me. He has no single savings , no investment then I asked him if you want to marry this girl what will you use in marrying her? His reply was that you are there, you will cover 59 percent expenses for me leading to a big laughter.

This is how people run their life with expenditure greater than income because of the load they carry, I just told my friend the truth that he needs to cuff off a lot of people if he can save for investment and wedding. That he expects me to fund his wedding when he earns over ten times the minimum wage in in Nigeria without a single savings to his name, that he must be joking. My guy is adjusting and making amends. Most ladies will never do this for a guy and his.

Men just like carrying unnecessary pressure on their head...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Looking After Inlaws Is Not A Man Responsibility - Reno Omokri by ExudeLoveToAll: 5:45pm On Dec 08, 2023
Offpointng:
Especially after spending heavily on Bride price and all you'd now hear my family are also ur family. Scam.

Sweetheart your family can never be my family. Never.

If your family is same like mine truly the bride price will Abe 100 naira. grin
Re: Looking After Inlaws Is Not A Man Responsibility - Reno Omokri by vickydevoka(m): 5:46pm On Dec 08, 2023
Chibuzoripob:
Their daughter is FREE to take care of her parents..It is not the husband responsibility to carry/shoulder his wife family burden on his head like gala
It's not easy as you think. If you are a salary earner you can foot bills on your own
Re: Looking After Inlaws Is Not A Man Responsibility - Reno Omokri by vickydevoka(m): 5:48pm On Dec 08, 2023
Offpointng:
Especially after spending heavily on Bride price and all you'd now hear my family are also ur family. Scam.

Sweetheart your family can never be my family. Never.
It all depend on the lady. Just be a fine boy and get her pregnant. Her family will be begging you self
Re: Looking After Inlaws Is Not A Man Responsibility - Reno Omokri by vickydevoka(m): 5:49pm On Dec 08, 2023
Onyiiobi7735:
Reno is very right this time around.No man marrying from a particular family is responsible for carrying the burden of the in-laws.He should not emotionally blackmailed into becoming the meal ticket of his in-laws.
Some in-laws are very excellent at emotional blackmail of the men marrying their daughters,but smart men won't fall for it.
I have not seen such. It depends on you, don't impress anybody from the beginning. Don't act nice. Talking from experience

1 Like

Re: Looking After Inlaws Is Not A Man Responsibility - Reno Omokri by ExudeLoveToAll: 5:49pm On Dec 08, 2023
HeadNigga:
I agree. Your daughter married a rich inlaw and now you feel it is his responsibility to cater for you. Says who?

Says the inlaws grin
Re: Looking After Inlaws Is Not A Man Responsibility - Reno Omokri by LordBillionz: 5:49pm On Dec 08, 2023
Samantha124:
I don't disagree with what everyone is saying, in fact I agree that the groom shouldn't be burdened with the responsibility of financially supporting his in-laws, but the wife should also not be expected to perform certain responsibilities towards her in-laws.

When they visit, they should cook for themselves whenever the wife is busy, for she's not their chef... And if one of the groom's parents gets sick and needs 24/7 care, the groom should care for his parent to good health, for his wife wouldn't have signed up to be a nurse when she agreed to get married to him.

What do you think guys? grin grin grin
I agree with you.

Mumu Reno
Re: Looking After Inlaws Is Not A Man Responsibility - Reno Omokri by vickydevoka(m): 5:50pm On Dec 08, 2023
Samantha124:
I don't disagree with what everyone is saying, in fact I agree that the groom shouldn't be burdened with the responsibility of financially supporting his in-laws, but the wife should also not be expected to perform certain responsibilities towards her in-laws.

When they visit, they should cook for themselves whenever the wife is busy, for she's not their chef... And if one of the groom's parents gets sick and needs 24/7 care, the groom should care for his parent to good health, for his wife wouldn't have signed up to be a nurse when she agreed to get married to him.

What do you think guys? grin grin grin
So what ever works for you my love. I can't ask my won brother for money. But I'm comfortable to ask his wife. Infact the wife gave me 2 million laste year. I dash her money like mad. She always say I'm a good person, but she doesn't know he is the best
Re: Looking After Inlaws Is Not A Man Responsibility - Reno Omokri by ExudeLoveToAll: 5:51pm On Dec 08, 2023
GanagiBitrus:
If you are the only surviving or financially-capable inlaw, it becomes your responsibility, especially for the sake of your beloved wife. smiley

They will drain you to the core.

If you know how many business men have gone down through this route with this mindset of catering for all expenditures in the wife family you will marvel.

It is never your responsibility as a man, you can only help where you can else you get crushed economically.

Interestingly, those who benefited will be the ones to taunt you when you go down, that you don't know how to handle money. This scenario has played out a million times.
Re: Looking After Inlaws Is Not A Man Responsibility - Reno Omokri by ExudeLoveToAll: 5:54pm On Dec 08, 2023
Armaggedon:
But you agree taking care of YOUR OWN family is your responsibility abi?

Reno, Pls, just do that because I wonder the time you have for your family after spending time in the social media more than teenagers.

That guy is making money via those impressions on social media, you should know that by now.
Re: Looking After Inlaws Is Not A Man Responsibility - Reno Omokri by civilserva: 5:56pm On Dec 08, 2023
He don tire of Igbos
Re: Looking After Inlaws Is Not A Man Responsibility - Reno Omokri by Okpollo: 5:59pm On Dec 08, 2023
babyfaceafrica:
Reno Omokri has revealed that looking after in-laws is not a man’s responsibility.

He said the fastest route to pov£rty is marrying a woman who believes her family is also your responsibility. From time to time, you can help only if you can afford it. But, accepting a duty to look after in-laws is not responsibility. It is stupity! Any girl with that type of mentality is a liability. And her family will result in your instability,

https://instablog9ja.com/2023/12/08/looking-after-in-laws-is-not-a-mans-responsibility-it-is-reno-omokri/

Is he right or wrong?

People still listen to this fool called reno omokri? There is no law stopping anybody from helping anybody. there is no law mandating son in-laws anywhere to take care of the father inlaw or mother inlaw.
Re: Looking After Inlaws Is Not A Man Responsibility - Reno Omokri by ExudeLoveToAll: 6:01pm On Dec 08, 2023
pocohantas:
I agree with him. Keep this energy when the man brings his sick parents for the wife to tend to. And also understand why more women are beginning to prioritise work. They have to take care of their parents.

Is it only the man's parents that gets sick alone? Even you, you will also get sick likewise your parents.,

How many of you women have taken care of your husband's or boyfriend's parents financially as a duty but you will expect same from the man.

Men just out themselves in financial troubles by carrying things heavier than them. It is not compulsory, he can help only when he has extra to give.
Re: Looking After Inlaws Is Not A Man Responsibility - Reno Omokri by crossbreedwears(m): 6:01pm On Dec 08, 2023
But in Nigeria it's compulsory for the man to twke care of his wife family. Very backward mentality....A man can send gifts but not a must all the time
Chibuzoripob:
Their daughter is FREE to take care of her parents..It is not the husband responsibility to carry/shoulder his wife family burden on his head like gala
Re: Looking After Inlaws Is Not A Man Responsibility - Reno Omokri by Nobody: 6:04pm On Dec 08, 2023
You can't expect me to love and respect you and your family while you don't do the same to me and my family just because you paid the bride price.

I'll give it to you and maybe we'll live in peace in the house.
lenghtinny:

You obviously don’t know the essence of the bride price angry

1 Like

Re: Looking After Inlaws Is Not A Man Responsibility - Reno Omokri by ExudeLoveToAll: 6:05pm On Dec 08, 2023
sharone21:

Thank you my husband.

Oversabi kills the sweetness of marriage..... Haven't we seen inlaws who go the extreme for their son inlaws eg selling their properties to raise business capital for them or to add to it?

Anyway, everyone knows how to handle things, anybody that likes listen to all nonsense from media.

Allow the man to grow and not stifle his development.

It's not his duty , he can step in onky when he has extra.

You guys are even talking as if the men here are not inlaws too. We don't disturb our inlaws , their responsibility is the new nuclear family they are creating, allow them to progress.

If they tell you now to financially take care of your boyfriend's or husbands parents you will kick against it but want same for your parents isn't it? Hypocritical world we live In.

1 Like

Re: Looking After Inlaws Is Not A Man Responsibility - Reno Omokri by Gajagojo: 6:05pm On Dec 08, 2023
Samantha124:
If she says she's busy, she's busy... You're not expected to decide for her the same way she wouldn't be deciding for you to support her parents financially.

Are you Nigerian?
Are you married?
I guess you are neither and just seeking attention
Re: Looking After Inlaws Is Not A Man Responsibility - Reno Omokri by ExudeLoveToAll: 6:06pm On Dec 08, 2023
Samantha124:
If a man keeps bringing up the issue of bride price to me as a way of blackmail, I'll save up the money and give him the exact same amount he used for the bride price so that I can finally have peace of mind.

Or I'll take out the money from my savings account and give him.

You don't need to wait till athen, ensure its zero rand during the wedding.
Re: Looking After Inlaws Is Not A Man Responsibility - Reno Omokri by ExudeLoveToAll: 6:10pm On Dec 08, 2023
NwokoloOwa:

940k is nothing to a loving wife and a happy home

How many people have 1million in their account in Nigeria according to NBS?

1percent, as small as that money is it's big for 99 percent of the population.
Re: Looking After Inlaws Is Not A Man Responsibility - Reno Omokri by Nobody: 6:12pm On Dec 08, 2023
It's my duty to perform the domestic roles for my man only and not his family... Since he wouldn't want anything with assisting my family financially when they're in need of financial assistance, I'll also want nothing to do with assisting his family domestically.

I'll give his family their bride price back if they're going to use it against me.
NECO1998:
You don't know why your bride price was paid in the first instance. Except you are on your way out of the marriage, it's your duty to perform your domestic roles in your house. Remember, it's the man's family that married you for the man and not the man himself. Just know that the man is merely representing the family in performing marital duties. As a married woman,if you fail to perform your domestic roles, don't run from pillar to post when an 18 years old girl perform them for you. I hope also you won't run to the man's family when things turn sour.

1 Like

Re: Looking After Inlaws Is Not A Man Responsibility - Reno Omokri by ExudeLoveToAll: 6:15pm On Dec 08, 2023
id4sho:

Why won't she cook, fastest way to leave through the door. That's her homely responsibility.
My ex girlfriend who served me breakfast last month told me I will put her mum on monthly allowance sad. Am still glad we've parted ways.

Taking care of sick family members will be sorted amongst my siblings.

Seems like Nigerian girls fever is infecting you SA ladies cheesy

At bolded, she was doing division of labour for you grin

What happens to children birthed by the woman contributing her upkeep allowance? This is ridiculous, she did you a big favour.

1 Like

Re: Looking After Inlaws Is Not A Man Responsibility - Reno Omokri by LARRYOBRAIN(m): 6:17pm On Dec 08, 2023
I support Reno on this one. He is right.
Re: Looking After Inlaws Is Not A Man Responsibility - Reno Omokri by Onuoha1234(m): 6:17pm On Dec 08, 2023
You do not know your culture and tradition.
Re: Looking After Inlaws Is Not A Man Responsibility - Reno Omokri by LegacyB: 6:17pm On Dec 08, 2023
Foodqueen:
The man should just learn to shut up.
U should learn to talk less . Or close your eyes mate!

1 Like

Re: Looking After Inlaws Is Not A Man Responsibility - Reno Omokri by Nobody: 6:19pm On Dec 08, 2023
The same reason my husband wouldn't see his in-laws as his responsibility whenever they're in need of financial assistance.

I'll assist my family myself and I'll expect him to do the same thing with his family.
Dshocker:

Why won't you cook for your in-law when they come visiting?

1 Like

Re: Looking After Inlaws Is Not A Man Responsibility - Reno Omokri by id4sho(m): 6:23pm On Dec 08, 2023
Acidosis:

Ah.....That is a criminal right there. You dodged a bullet.

My brother, she's always talking about her mom. That she will make sure her mum enjoys. Her aunt will be telling her to tell me to buy roasted fish. The father is a great man but the women ehhhhhh
Re: Looking After Inlaws Is Not A Man Responsibility - Reno Omokri by Nobody: 6:24pm On Dec 08, 2023
Why expect me to cook for your family if you want nothing to do with my family?

Isn't that selfishness?
id4sho:

Why won't she cook, fastest way to leave through the door. That's her homely responsibility.
My ex girlfriend who served me breakfast last month told me I will put her mum on monthly allowance sad. Am still glad we've parted ways.

Taking care of sick family members will be sorted amongst my siblings.

Seems like Nigerian girls fever is infecting you SA ladies cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Sending Money To Parents Back Home / Married Men And Women: Is It A Must You Take Dinner With Your Spouses? / Should I Go Back To School Or Focus On My Fruit Biz.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.