Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,827 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:38 PM

Looking After Inlaws Is Not A Man Responsibility - Reno Omokri - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Looking After Inlaws Is Not A Man Responsibility - Reno Omokri (19117 Views)

What's A Man's Responsibility Towards The Wife's Family. / Save Me From Entitled Inlaws / Is This The Right Time To Call The Inlaws? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Looking After Inlaws Is Not A Man Responsibility - Reno Omokri by Fira09(m): 8:57pm On Dec 08, 2023
Magnoliaa:

Fira, Fira. grin

How far? How have you been? It's been a minute.

You know I've been wondering how long you were going to last, and give in to the urge to engage me. I never knew it wouldn't be long coming!

Been seeing you everywhere. Like a peeping rat. Lmao.

This must be so ... freeing, right? Or soothing. I don't know. Whatever pleasure you're getting is your ish.

Anyway, good looking out to you for indulging your desire or whatever.

Adeola, I don't give a walking fvck about your brief-soft-epistle above, I only stated a fact of you running to the mods.

The girl be like: 'urge', 'pleasure', 'desire'.
I honestly don't what this girl thinks she is(a fly? an ant? or a weevil) lmao.

1 Like

Re: Looking After Inlaws Is Not A Man Responsibility - Reno Omokri by Magnoliaa(f): 9:04pm On Dec 08, 2023
Fira09:
I honestly don't what this girl thinks she is(a fly? an ant? or a weevil) lmao.

A queen bee wink.

(I hope you're intelligent enough to catch the pun).
Re: Looking After Inlaws Is Not A Man Responsibility - Reno Omokri by NwokoloOwa: 9:07pm On Dec 08, 2023
Offpointng:

Normal scam you'd always hear like say she's the only good girl in the universe

Not a scam.

Yours is yours if you believe. If not, you settle whatever is available along you belief. It's in the mind
Re: Looking After Inlaws Is Not A Man Responsibility - Reno Omokri by Nobody: 9:09pm On Dec 08, 2023
Yes, I'm still with him.
OlawaleBammie:

But a never gave u an advice na, I just dished out an opinion..

Anyways, are u still with ur man?? wink wink
Re: Looking After Inlaws Is Not A Man Responsibility - Reno Omokri by OlawaleBammie: 9:14pm On Dec 08, 2023
Samantha124:
Yes, I'm still with him.
And when are you guys going to make it official??
It's getting late na
Re: Looking After Inlaws Is Not A Man Responsibility - Reno Omokri by Nobody: 9:17pm On Dec 08, 2023
Late for what?
OlawaleBammie:
And when are you guys going to make it official??
It's getting late na
Re: Looking After Inlaws Is Not A Man Responsibility - Reno Omokri by OlawaleBammie: 9:21pm On Dec 08, 2023
Samantha124:
Late for what?
When are u tying the knot mama alaye?
Re: Looking After Inlaws Is Not A Man Responsibility - Reno Omokri by Nobody: 9:24pm On Dec 08, 2023
Answer my question first.
OlawaleBammie:
When are u tying the knot mama alaye?
Re: Looking After Inlaws Is Not A Man Responsibility - Reno Omokri by OlawaleBammie: 9:25pm On Dec 08, 2023
Samantha124:
Answer my question first.
what questions sef
Re: Looking After Inlaws Is Not A Man Responsibility - Reno Omokri by Nobody: 9:27pm On Dec 08, 2023
Late for what
OlawaleBammie:
what questions sef
Re: Looking After Inlaws Is Not A Man Responsibility - Reno Omokri by OlawaleBammie: 9:33pm On Dec 08, 2023
Samantha124:
Late for what

I have answered na, by getting late I mean the d-day....

Make una tie the knot na
Re: Looking After Inlaws Is Not A Man Responsibility - Reno Omokri by Nobody: 9:35pm On Dec 08, 2023
Don't worry, soon enough I'll be Mrs Somebody... cheesy cheesy cheesy
OlawaleBammie:

I have answered na, by getting late I mean the d-day....

Make una tie the knot na
Re: Looking After Inlaws Is Not A Man Responsibility - Reno Omokri by Procashtips(m): 9:43pm On Dec 08, 2023
jaxxy:

yes some do if they are capable. I have friends who have been lucky to have loving inlaws.

Gave him a huge business loan which he paid back at his convenience.

Business loan is a loan

Is the son inlaw going to be giving them loans that must be paid back too?
Re: Looking After Inlaws Is Not A Man Responsibility - Reno Omokri by Crafteck1: 9:49pm On Dec 08, 2023
1TrippleCee:

There are some things that ought not to be discussed, let alone publicized, this is where this Reno guy has failed. As men, not every topicsl issues should be broadcasted. No no

But aren't yhese the reasons men are dying in silence?

3 Likes

Re: Looking After Inlaws Is Not A Man Responsibility - Reno Omokri by jaxxy(m): 10:14pm On Dec 08, 2023
Procashtips:

Business loan is a loan

Is the son inlaw going to be giving them loans that must be paid back too?

a huge business loan without interest to pay at ur convenience isn't a good thing or u want them to dash u more than their power?

Give what us within ur power. demanding anything else is self entitlement.

1 Like

Re: Looking After Inlaws Is Not A Man Responsibility - Reno Omokri by Gajagojo: 10:14pm On Dec 08, 2023
Samantha124:
Where did it states that the topic is strictly for Nigerians only
It doesn't state that but
This is a cultural issue and the context is Nigeria
Certainly with your attitude you will not find any man to marry you and if you do it won't last.
Many folk like to pick and choose what suits them from western traditions whilst shunning responsibility.
Re: Looking After Inlaws Is Not A Man Responsibility - Reno Omokri by godofuck231: 10:32pm On Dec 08, 2023
Micheal obi once cried out after his sisters husband threatened to report to the press that his family member and inlaws were living in poorverty, na only the Jews fit do such
Re: Looking After Inlaws Is Not A Man Responsibility - Reno Omokri by Nobody: 10:34pm On Dec 08, 2023
At bolded, who are you to decide my fate? God's PA?

This has nothing to do with my nationality... And what does requiring love and respect from a man has to do with Western traditions?
Gajagojo:

It doesn't state that but
This is a cultural issue and the context is Nigeria
Certainly with your attitude you will not find any man to marry you and if you do it won't last.
Many folk like to pick and choose what suits them from western traditions whilst shunning responsibility.
Re: Looking After Inlaws Is Not A Man Responsibility - Reno Omokri by Gajagojo: 10:43pm On Dec 08, 2023
Samantha124:
At bolded, who are you to decide my fate? God's PA?

This has nothing to do with my nationality... And what does requiring love and respect from a man has to do with Western traditions?
It has everything to do with Nationality
The way we operate marriage in Nigeria is different from other places where they have no sense of ancestry or identity and want to act like white people
That may be your issue
What is love? What does that mean?
We do not marry for love that is a Western idea
We marry out of a sense of responsibility to community and ancestors.You won't understand
We are not responsible To just ourselves
we have a duty To make babies and keep life going in harmony
All this nonsense you are saying is not for us in Nigeria
Re: Looking After Inlaws Is Not A Man Responsibility - Reno Omokri by Faithy04: 10:55pm On Dec 08, 2023
Just do according to your capacity has the lord have given you strength to do
Re: Looking After Inlaws Is Not A Man Responsibility - Reno Omokri by YoshihideSuga: 10:57pm On Dec 08, 2023
NwokoloOwa:

940k is nothing to a loving wife and a happy home

After sponsoring her to school? That's so unfair! Do we know his ability to pay the 940K? Abi na every man get money?
Re: Looking After Inlaws Is Not A Man Responsibility - Reno Omokri by Procashtips(m): 11:57pm On Dec 08, 2023
jaxxy:

a huge business loan without interest to pay at ur convenience isn't a good thing or u want them to dash u more than their power?

Give what us within ur power. demanding anything else is self entitlement.

He's not obliged to give them anything just as they're not obliged to do same.

If he does, it's simply an act of charity, vice versa.

Enough of this financial pressure on young people.
Re: Looking After Inlaws Is Not A Man Responsibility - Reno Omokri by jaxxy(m): 12:15am On Dec 09, 2023
Procashtips:

He's not obliged to give them anything just as they're not obliged to do same.

If he does, it's simply an act of charity, vice versa.

Enough of this financial pressure on young people.

don't know if u guys lack comprehension or ure just upset at the topic? That is exactly what is said. it's not hos job bt if he's capable there's nothing wrong in helping family or inlaws.

1 Like

Re: Looking After Inlaws Is Not A Man Responsibility - Reno Omokri by Procashtips(m): 12:22am On Dec 09, 2023
jaxxy:

don't know if u guys lack comprehension or ure just upset at the topic? That is exactly what is said. it's not hos job bt if he's capable there's nothing wrong in helping family or inlaws.

It has nothing to do with capacity.

Saying if he's capable is a subtle way of pushing the responsibility to him.

Capable or not, it's not his duty to help any inlaw.

Charity has nothing to do with capacity, even poor people give aims.

Good day.
Re: Looking After Inlaws Is Not A Man Responsibility - Reno Omokri by jaxxy(m): 12:40am On Dec 09, 2023
Procashtips:

It has nothing to do with capacity.

Saying if he's capable is a subtle way of pushing the responsibility to him.

Capable or not, it's not his duty to help any inlaw.

Charity has nothing to do with capacity, even poor people give aims.

Good day.

Charity has to do with capacity because u can't give more than u have or borrow money just to give people.

However Capacity doesn't automatically mean or translate to Charity.

2ndly capacity or not nobody is forcing u to give anybody. some people don't even give their wives or kids that's also their choice and business. undecided
Re: Looking After Inlaws Is Not A Man Responsibility - Reno Omokri by Gajagojo: 12:49am On Dec 09, 2023
jaxxy:

Charity has to do with capacity because u can't give more than u have or borrow money just to give people.

However Capacity doesn't automatically mean or translate to Charity.

2ndly capacity or not nobody is forcing u to give anybody. some people don't even give their wives or kids that's also their choice and business. undecided

You have no point
There is a difference between an obligation and generosity.
A man can help his in-laws,friends,relative or neighbours. It is NOT a responsibility
It is voluntary
Re: Looking After Inlaws Is Not A Man Responsibility - Reno Omokri by jaxxy(m): 12:54am On Dec 09, 2023
Gajagojo:

You have no point
There is a difference between an obligation and generosity.
A man can help his in-laws,friends,relative or neighbours. It is NOT a responsibility
It is voluntary

I don't know if u know who or what u are replying too? or u are just in a hurry to jump into an argument cos Ur in the mood.

i never said its an obligation undecided

if I can help strangers and friends why can't I help my inlaw if I can and want to?

Some of u hear inlaws and ur blood boils for no reason. undecided

1 Like

Re: Looking After Inlaws Is Not A Man Responsibility - Reno Omokri by lawani: 2:01am On Dec 09, 2023
Is supporting his own parents his responsibility?
Re: Looking After Inlaws Is Not A Man Responsibility - Reno Omokri by Munzy14(m): 5:39am On Dec 09, 2023
ednut1:
any lady that is the first daughter with struggling parents and siblings. I no dey near there
So men know this format...🤣🤣🤣
Re: Looking After Inlaws Is Not A Man Responsibility - Reno Omokri by Mercury12(m): 6:35am On Dec 09, 2023
Samantha124:
I don't disagree with what everyone is saying, in fact I agree that the groom shouldn't be burdened with the responsibility of financially supporting his in-laws, but the wife should also not be expected to perform certain responsibilities towards her in-laws.

When they visit, they should cook for themselves whenever the wife is busy, for she's not their chef... And if one of the groom's parents gets sick and needs 24/7 care, the groom should care for his parent to good health, for his wife wouldn't have signed up to be a nurse when she agreed to get married to him.

What do you think guys? grin grin grin
I think you women just like wahala grin
Re: Looking After Inlaws Is Not A Man Responsibility - Reno Omokri by komzy589(m): 7:44am On Dec 09, 2023
Samantha124:
What if i have my own money and I don't ask the husband for money before I buy the grocery?

I'd be busy working for my money and not having the time to cook for people who can cook for themselves, I'm not their chef.
Trust me, when the time comes, you’ll beg to cook for them.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Married Men And Women: Is It A Must You Take Dinner With Your Spouses? / Should I Go Back To School Or Focus On My Fruit Biz. / How Do l Handle My Irresponsible Father!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.