Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,257 members, 7,811,719 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:03 PM

Without The Intervention Of Young Igbo Men, I Would Be A Dead Man - Moyo Okediji - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Without The Intervention Of Young Igbo Men, I Would Be A Dead Man - Moyo Okediji (32994 Views)

Woman Found Dead, Man Unconscious Inside Office In Aba (Video) / Deborah Samuel's Murder: A Case Of Social Injustice - Okediji Prosper / NDLEA, DSS Burst Abuja Cannabis Party, Stop Launch Of 'Dead Man's Fingers' Drink (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Without The Intervention Of Young Igbo Men, I Would Be A Dead Man - Moyo Okediji by omoyankee3(m): 9:05pm On Dec 17, 2023
What is Nigeria turning into?

5 Likes

Re: Without The Intervention Of Young Igbo Men, I Would Be A Dead Man - Moyo Okediji by NewDea4: 9:05pm On Dec 17, 2023
DesChyko:
US-based don recounts ordeal at hands of Nigerian immigration, police officers on Facebook, which made him cut short his visit and went back to Ghana

Moyo Okediji is an art historian, painter and artist whose works contains a number of icons and signifiers of the deep aspects of Yoruba culture. He is currently an academic staff of the University of Texas, Austin.

https://web.facebook.com/moyo.okediji/posts/pfbid0eGS1UUHbZbbFCeJHrBfzPrMBBH1X4mZu6HqscA7C9VeR4SWNX4SmBSE88H4p2Ujbl?_rdc=1&_rdr

Igbo men got heart, that's an unquestionable fact

Yarúba go pretend say dem no see as police-thief dey rob you, everybody mind there jagamu

We have to reason that maybe that 'coward' allegation is true to an extent

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Without The Intervention Of Young Igbo Men, I Would Be A Dead Man - Moyo Okediji by Hausa(m): 9:05pm On Dec 17, 2023
Interesting story.

But it beats me, you know?
What kind of Professor coming from the US travels in such a weird way? Haba!

Abi na so he like adventure ni?

3 Likes

Re: Without The Intervention Of Young Igbo Men, I Would Be A Dead Man - Moyo Okediji by mytime24(f): 9:06pm On Dec 17, 2023
Y
Re: Without The Intervention Of Young Igbo Men, I Would Be A Dead Man - Moyo Okediji by vivalavida(m): 9:08pm On Dec 17, 2023
It will take a miracle for this man to set foot in Nigeria again.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Without The Intervention Of Young Igbo Men, I Would Be A Dead Man - Moyo Okediji by crestedaguiyi: 9:08pm On Dec 17, 2023
Why you come back
Re: Without The Intervention Of Young Igbo Men, I Would Be A Dead Man - Moyo Okediji by PDPdestroyer(m): 9:09pm On Dec 17, 2023
All these gaslighting from Igbos just because you want us to see you as allies, loose guard, and hand over Lagos to you, or to vote your pandorã Obi. Una go explain tire grin

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Without The Intervention Of Young Igbo Men, I Would Be A Dead Man - Moyo Okediji by symbianDON(m): 9:09pm On Dec 17, 2023
Quite unfortunate how our policemen keep embarrassing us

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Without The Intervention Of Young Igbo Men, I Would Be A Dead Man - Moyo Okediji by hartopher76: 9:09pm On Dec 17, 2023
This is what our youths pass through every day.

12 Likes

Re: Without The Intervention Of Young Igbo Men, I Would Be A Dead Man - Moyo Okediji by NewDea4: 9:09pm On Dec 17, 2023
Hausa:
Interesting story.

No mind the werey, e dey dodge black-tax

He thought he had sense
Re: Without The Intervention Of Young Igbo Men, I Would Be A Dead Man - Moyo Okediji by jackie111(m): 9:09pm On Dec 17, 2023
Can't someone just be an ordinary citizen and have peace of mind in this country?

Nigeria needs to be a better place. Its is not until you know someone or have influence before you get access equity, justice, fairness and all that pertains to a sane society.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Without The Intervention Of Young Igbo Men, I Would Be A Dead Man - Moyo Okediji by ariesbull: 9:09pm On Dec 17, 2023
rinzaugustine:
Igbo
very brave tribe

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Without The Intervention Of Young Igbo Men, I Would Be A Dead Man - Moyo Okediji by symbianDON(m): 9:11pm On Dec 17, 2023
Hausa:
Interesting story.

but what's wrong with it?? All over the world people travel freely by road just to take in the scenic views.....besides, he was coming to his OWN country!

36 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Without The Intervention Of Young Igbo Men, I Would Be A Dead Man - Moyo Okediji by obajoey(m): 9:11pm On Dec 17, 2023
True
Re: Without The Intervention Of Young Igbo Men, I Would Be A Dead Man - Moyo Okediji by kcowen(m): 9:11pm On Dec 17, 2023
Outside nairaland Nigeria's can support each other but you see the ones on nairaland that fight each other i swear they cant do that in real life instead hide under their keyboard to instigate others..honestly i haven't seen any hatred for ethnicity unlike what i have noticed in nairaland

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Without The Intervention Of Young Igbo Men, I Would Be A Dead Man - Moyo Okediji by Caseywilliams(m): 9:12pm On Dec 17, 2023
Only tribe wey dy fight him oppressors wtout para

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Without The Intervention Of Young Igbo Men, I Would Be A Dead Man - Moyo Okediji by kcowen(m): 9:13pm On Dec 17, 2023
PDPdestroyer:
All these gaslighting from Igbos just because you want us to see you as allies, loose guard, and hand over Lagos to you. You go explain tire grin
See one of them

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Without The Intervention Of Young Igbo Men, I Would Be A Dead Man - Moyo Okediji by DesChyko: 9:13pm On Dec 17, 2023
SpatialKing:
That's the spirit

Yes Boss. We all need one another; not all these yeye transactional politics dividing us from our common goal.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Without The Intervention Of Young Igbo Men, I Would Be A Dead Man - Moyo Okediji by abbey621(m): 9:13pm On Dec 17, 2023
It burst my brain that some people are still so clueless how certain things work! Why would you travel from the USA and decide to do a cross country tour of Africa via road, ALL ALONE? Being a professor, surely he knew of current events and how dangerous things are right now, I sincerely believe the false sense of security and entitlement provided abroad made you think the same applies in Africa especially in Nigeria......Joker!

This is someone's grandfather, someone should have hinted him on just how bad of an idea this was, even those of us who were raised to be street smart still encounter difficulties when traveling to Nigeria not to talk of Professor dingbat that does not realize we have known and unknown gunmen in Nigeria, the known ones are the police and the unknown ones are the others......JI MA SUN!

4 Likes

Re: Without The Intervention Of Young Igbo Men, I Would Be A Dead Man - Moyo Okediji by Mozegee: 9:13pm On Dec 17, 2023
EmperorCaesar:
Humanity first before anything

Even those ethnic fighters on nairaland would do anything in their powers to save their oppositions from death

Nothing special about this
look at this ode writing about humanity. You are nothing but a double edge sword.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Without The Intervention Of Young Igbo Men, I Would Be A Dead Man - Moyo Okediji by rinzaugustine: 9:14pm On Dec 17, 2023
ariesbull:
very brave tribe
Without Igbos Nigeria is dead which is a fact even a 5 year old knows..the confidence of the igbos in themselves is unparalleled anywhere among the black race. I am yet to see a timid igbo man even the children among the igbos

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Without The Intervention Of Young Igbo Men, I Would Be A Dead Man - Moyo Okediji by McStoic(m): 9:14pm On Dec 17, 2023
EmperorCaesar:
Humanity first before anything

Even those ethnic fighters on nairaland would do anything in their powers to save their oppositions from death

Nothing special about this

You are daft.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Without The Intervention Of Young Igbo Men, I Would Be A Dead Man - Moyo Okediji by kcowen(m): 9:14pm On Dec 17, 2023
PDPdestroyer:
All these gaslighting from Igbos just because you want us to see you as allies, loose guard, and hand over Lagos to you. You go explain tire grin
See one of them,why only lagos why dont you have over Ogun state,Osun state,Oyo state,Ekiti and Ondo state to them ?

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Without The Intervention Of Young Igbo Men, I Would Be A Dead Man - Moyo Okediji by McStoic(m): 9:16pm On Dec 17, 2023
DamnnNiggarr:
shocked

reading this writeup reminded me of a certain video of group of some young Igbo men daring one Asian country police like that, I've forgotten the name of the country.

It is not chest-beating, I've encountered many daredevil Igbos, who would stand their ground against their oppressors, without minding what it might result in. That's one thing I respect about the Igbo man.

You don't have anything to worry about, if you're fighting side-by-side with an Igbo man in the face of terror.

You can say that again

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Without The Intervention Of Young Igbo Men, I Would Be A Dead Man - Moyo Okediji by ManishSmith(m): 9:18pm On Dec 17, 2023
Igbo to the world

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Without The Intervention Of Young Igbo Men, I Would Be A Dead Man - Moyo Okediji by Nicepoker(m): 9:18pm On Dec 17, 2023
Lovelyn451:
Abeg abeg abeg...make we hear word
Shouldn't you be ashamed of the Nigerian police?

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Without The Intervention Of Young Igbo Men, I Would Be A Dead Man - Moyo Okediji by JuanDeDios: 9:19pm On Dec 17, 2023
Nigeria is a scary place though.

8 Likes

Re: Without The Intervention Of Young Igbo Men, I Would Be A Dead Man - Moyo Okediji by hardcore007: 9:20pm On Dec 17, 2023
Our police are the true day light robbers.

I know there are the good ones but the bad ones are many. Same bad news about them every time. Yet nothing is done about it. Tueh for this country.

My advice for those living abroad is to find a safer African country and settle when they come back. Bring your family there instead coming back to our spoiled rotten godforsaken Nigeria. Naija don spoil kpata kpata mehn.

11 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Found Dead In His Apartment In Asia After Weeks Of Missing(pics) / Policeman Dies Arresting Danfo Driver In Lagos / Armed Robbers & Kidnappers Arrested By Anambra Police & Arms Recovered (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.