Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,229 members, 7,818,773 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:28 AM

Without The Intervention Of Young Igbo Men, I Would Be A Dead Man - Moyo Okediji - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Without The Intervention Of Young Igbo Men, I Would Be A Dead Man - Moyo Okediji (33029 Views)

Woman Found Dead, Man Unconscious Inside Office In Aba (Video) / Deborah Samuel's Murder: A Case Of Social Injustice - Okediji Prosper / NDLEA, DSS Burst Abuja Cannabis Party, Stop Launch Of 'Dead Man's Fingers' Drink (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Without The Intervention Of Young Igbo Men, I Would Be A Dead Man - Moyo Okediji by MrColdsweat: 11:09pm On Dec 17, 2023
One fool said he should have put on a Yoruba attire to avoid oppression instead of voice out against injustice and the lawlessness of the police officers.

These people are hopeless slaves.

7 Likes

Re: Without The Intervention Of Young Igbo Men, I Would Be A Dead Man - Moyo Okediji by MrColdsweat: 11:19pm On Dec 17, 2023
NewDea4:

Igbo men got heart, that's an unquestionable fact

Yarúba go pretend say dem no see as police-thief dey rob you, everybody mind there jagamu

We have to reason that maybe that 'coward' allegation is true to an extent
The yoruba is absolute monarchy. They are slaves to their leaders. This past week, a king in yorubaland celebrated his anniversary and he ordered all businesses to be shut. A Yoruba man approached me for assistance, I told him I wouldn't help him because helping him would be foolish. The right thing to do is to question your Oba why he would shut down the businesses of people over something trivial. What constitutional right does the Oba possess to shut down businesses of his fellow Nigerian? I encouraged him to go to the Oba and ask questions.

I knew he'd rather die than question his Oba so I gave him that challenge so that he can stay in hunger. They are hopeless slaves who love the chains given to them by their criminal oppressors.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Without The Intervention Of Young Igbo Men, I Would Be A Dead Man - Moyo Okediji by Abiliboi: 11:20pm On Dec 17, 2023
Igbos are Republicans in nature. Do the right thing and enjoy peace with that tribe. God help Nigeria

4 Likes

Re: Without The Intervention Of Young Igbo Men, I Would Be A Dead Man - Moyo Okediji by Alexiiydon: 11:24pm On Dec 17, 2023
Nwaezeudo:
The ewedu guzzlers will avoid this thread with their lives... Ndi ara!

Igbo Amaka umunnem cool
watin he Dey tey say be say igbo Dey do agbero for Lagos odee

1 Like

Re: Without The Intervention Of Young Igbo Men, I Would Be A Dead Man - Moyo Okediji by tctrills: 11:30pm On Dec 17, 2023
EmperorCaesar:
Humanity first before anything

Even those ethnic fighters on nairaland would do anything in their powers to save their oppositions from death

Nothing special about this
The act of bravery is always special and should be celebrated.
Trust me, prof Moyo would tell you this was very special to him.

2 Likes

Re: Without The Intervention Of Young Igbo Men, I Would Be A Dead Man - Moyo Okediji by stormborn28(m): 11:33pm On Dec 17, 2023
EmperorCaesar:

Even those ethnic fighters on nairaland would do anything in their powers to save their oppositions from death

Just read your statement.. You are a foolish ANUS
Re: Without The Intervention Of Young Igbo Men, I Would Be A Dead Man - Moyo Okediji by Reussite: 11:38pm On Dec 17, 2023
God must have used those Igbo guys on purpose for him to realise how wrongly tribalistic he has been especially during the last elections. I want to believe he would have a different mindset going forward.
Re: Without The Intervention Of Young Igbo Men, I Would Be A Dead Man - Moyo Okediji by Areacleo: 11:40pm On Dec 17, 2023
XAUBulls:

This is very strange. As an elderly man visiting Nigeria, Professor Moyo Okediji shouldn't have been harassed by the immigration and then the police. The Dutch lady named "Itchy Boots" experienced this attempted extortions too from two policemen. Obviously, low salaries and greed have always led to the emergence of rogue policemen over the decades.

It's obvious the rogue policemen attached to the Festac Mile 2 police station as reported have been doing this for long and this is why they got a heavy resistance. It's time for police intelligence units to step in to sanitize their men along that axis right towards the Badagry border with Benin Republic. The new police IG has to step in immediately to bring these creeps to justice and fire them from the police.

The police have major complaints phone lines at the police Head Quarters in Abuja and in the various state capitals, so folks in the Diaspora and Nigeria MUST get familiar with the phone lines of the guys in the top echelons of the Nigerian police.

that police station at that Festac command is legendary... Before end Sars they were the front runner with this kind of stop and search everywhere anywhere, if you young dressed like wizkid... You automatically their guest no story... This is very sad from the immigration officers right to the police officers.. What they did to the man and many people from diaspora, the story must change please.. For all you will care all those police will have Yoruba, Hausa and Igbos in that unit.. Non could say this is not right.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Without The Intervention Of Young Igbo Men, I Would Be A Dead Man - Moyo Okediji by Innomach(m): 11:45pm On Dec 17, 2023
I felt tears running down my cheeks while reading this. Not just because of what the man went through, but how Nigerians have been manipulated by politicians. Using tribal and religious sentiments to divide us..... Nairaland, unfortunately are filled with agents of politicians who's only job is to drive Nigerians along tribal and ethnic lines.

During the past general election, I came across some persons that openly adimited that though their preferred candidate didn't look capable, but they rather vote him than voting for the other candidate from another tribe, who ofcourse, they agreed was more capable. I lost faith in this nation after the last general election. Followers can only get the leaders they deserve.

1 Like

Re: Without The Intervention Of Young Igbo Men, I Would Be A Dead Man - Moyo Okediji by JohnVianney: 11:46pm On Dec 17, 2023
Zico5:

See where u are digressing to. Your so called people voted enmasse for Peter Obi here in Lagos whereas reverse is the case in Anambra and other south east states. We saw online how an igbo man that voted Tinubu was beaten and disgraced openly. Google is ur friend if u want to find out. Then who is more tribal bigot here. Did they write that those police in uniform are Yoruba. Lagos police is from different ethnic groups and there is no way that u can differentiate who is who. You guys are just pathetic
It's interesting how effortlessly individuals twist narratives to suit their campaign of calumny. Mr. Ziko, please can you provide the video of the man who was beaten for voting Tinubu.

To the best of my knowledge, earlier this year during the elections i saw a video of a man in one of the south eastern states of Nigeria (Anambra to be precise) leaving the voting ground amidst jeers from a handful of people. Nobody laid hands on him or came close to him.

He was allowed to leave the voting venue on his own peacefully without any harm whatsoever although with jeers from a handful of people. That's the highest level of incident that happened in the entire SE against an opposition.

Here's the video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_CVh6csijg?feature=shared

Now compare this with the outright threats, killings, maiming, injuries inflicted by touts, tyranny, insubordination, burning down and looting of businesses and even outright disenfranchisement metted out by Yorubas to anyone who looked like an Igbo person irrespective of the candidate one wished to vote out of the three major contenders (Atiku, Tinubu or Obi). The hardcore hatred was in full glare for all to see.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BG92Ax__t0?feature=shared

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rx4iMblOVg?feature=shared

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzT5bSIGL9g?feature=shared

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bKXchM1Rxo?feature=shared

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnS97AQlvMU?feature=shared
And you stand here complaining about a handful of people jeering at one who was allowed to vote peacefully and go home without harm. You should be ashamed of yourself, you are EVIL !!! Even after elections the Yorubas of Nigeria are the only ones who go about demolishing the real estate of their opponents, yet they cry to be the victims. You lots love to tell lies and twist narratives to suit your agenda and gaslight others into mob actions.

Overtime, i have learnt a lot from Nairaland about the recurring individual attitudes of the three major Nigerian tribes and i must say from what i have seen, a lot of Yorubas are not wonderful in terms of overall character.

Whatever a yoruba man accuses another of, look closely he is committing a far much 100x more grevious offence than that.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Without The Intervention Of Young Igbo Men, I Would Be A Dead Man - Moyo Okediji by jookco2: 11:54pm On Dec 17, 2023
Absolutely
Okiton:
wink

Go away Prof. this country is not meant for sane academia and intellectuals like you. It's only criminals like Bola Ahmed Tunibu who went to the university of Chicago to forge an ordinary B. Sc that they the idiots preferred to rule among them. Like they say 'when the righteous rule people rejoice' but, unfortunately here it's a criminal and a drug Baron that rule, therefore all his government entrenched are all criminals, that includes the immigration officers, the police as you have witnessed so. Other few criminals ruling with him are the likes of Nyesom Wike who demanded for 20% of a state allocations in several billions of naira, other ministers, members of the house of Reps and Senates. Infact, Prof. you mad understand that Nigeria is not a country for thieves.

May God save us all

1 Like

Re: Without The Intervention Of Young Igbo Men, I Would Be A Dead Man - Moyo Okediji by AmuRubber(m): 12:13am On Dec 18, 2023
DesChyko:

You aren't one of them? Or you didn't know the account you're posting with?

Anyways, it's a great thing Moyo had the Igbo boys around in Lagos where this happened.

Humanity over elections.
Re: Without The Intervention Of Young Igbo Men, I Would Be A Dead Man - Moyo Okediji by Miracle4325: 12:14am On Dec 18, 2023
Tueh... Spit on ur rotten head
Lovelyn451:
Abeg abeg abeg...make we hear word
Re: Without The Intervention Of Young Igbo Men, I Would Be A Dead Man - Moyo Okediji by AmuRubber(m): 12:16am On Dec 18, 2023
DamnnNiggarr:
shocked

reading this writeup reminded me of a certain video of group of some young Igbo men daring one Asian country police like that, I've forgotten the name of the country.

It is not chest-beating, I've encountered many daredevil Igbos, who would stand their ground against their oppressors, without minding what it might result in. That's one thing I respect about the Igbo man.

You don't have anything to worry about, if you're fighting side-by-side with an Igbo man in the face of terror.
Re: Without The Intervention Of Young Igbo Men, I Would Be A Dead Man - Moyo Okediji by Babathanks(m): 12:21am On Dec 18, 2023
Antivirus92:
so u have forged another story immediately. E no dey hard una Yoruba people.
Hmmm. Not really. This is not a storyq
Re: Without The Intervention Of Young Igbo Men, I Would Be A Dead Man - Moyo Okediji by Nice2023(m): 12:45am On Dec 18, 2023
EmperorCaesar:

Ur tribal men are fearful people...it can only be igbos that I know.

Fearless and brave people...u may choose to hate them but they are great people.

1 Like

Re: Without The Intervention Of Young Igbo Men, I Would Be A Dead Man - Moyo Okediji by Gangster1ms: 12:51am On Dec 18, 2023
Zico5:

Go and ask the Notherners why they did not vote for ur fraudster Peter Obi.
Oh you think He's a fraudster and that's why you voted tinubu. Own up to your foolishness and leave the North out of it.
Re: Without The Intervention Of Young Igbo Men, I Would Be A Dead Man - Moyo Okediji by Yankee101: 1:09am On Dec 18, 2023
Nigeria is stronger together
When abroad you’ll appreciate the need to be one country

The division is not by tribes but by elites who divide by tribes and religion to steal
Re: Without The Intervention Of Young Igbo Men, I Would Be A Dead Man - Moyo Okediji by dododawa1: 1:15am On Dec 18, 2023
GOOD

And

BAD

Is in every

Tribe, religion, ethnicity and culture.
Re: Without The Intervention Of Young Igbo Men, I Would Be A Dead Man - Moyo Okediji by Gamesmart: 1:22am On Dec 18, 2023
One of immigration officers took a look at me, and said, “Come down, oga.”

Idiot move one.

I would not get down.

I apologized. But they wanted none of that.

Idiot move two.

Know Nigerian law and don't apologise to people like this. You can, as a Nigerian passport holder, enter with expired passport.

So I eagerly gave them the forty dollars.

They gave me back my things.

Idiot move three.

Weak, gutless man has shown them he is a good victim.

They wanted to see the content of my bags.

Idiot move four.

"No, check for what". I would never allow them easily.

They took them from me.

Idiot move five.

No way you are taking my documents from my hands. I would not even show it to you in the first place.

This man is ignorant, naive, weak and stupiiid! He should stay in the West and never set foot in Nigeria again. They would eat him for breakfast.

The Igbo boys showed him how to handle Nigerian police, immigration and customs officers.
Re: Without The Intervention Of Young Igbo Men, I Would Be A Dead Man - Moyo Okediji by bigcasava1(m): 2:07am On Dec 18, 2023
EmperorCaesar:

because Igbo is mentioned nothing is special about it, how come igbos are the ones saving the innocent man in yoruba land? Does it mean there's no good indigenes in Lagos
Re: Without The Intervention Of Young Igbo Men, I Would Be A Dead Man - Moyo Okediji by emmybobo1: 2:31am On Dec 18, 2023
kingsways:
Because Igbos hate injustice
Who’s this idiot
Re: Without The Intervention Of Young Igbo Men, I Would Be A Dead Man - Moyo Okediji by Realtruth2023: 2:51am On Dec 18, 2023
PDPdestroyer:
All these gaslighting from Igbos just because you want us to see you as allies, loose guard, and hand over Lagos to you, or to vote your pandorã Obi. Una go explain tire grin

Are you on drugs?
Re: Without The Intervention Of Young Igbo Men, I Would Be A Dead Man - Moyo Okediji by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 2:52am On Dec 18, 2023
Wait... Ebola Tunubulist will tag him ipob member

Igbos are naturally brave and democrat , you can never intimidate , harass and bully them into submission easily.... Igbo save another Yoruba man..

Welcome professor.. am even thinking what am going to do with this miscellaneous Ediots when I touch down in Lagos on 22nd... The day I will exist back will be like another Christmas to me

My friends who just visited home , told me , bro use public transport, hide Ur gold chain, and pretend u were deported because Nigeria is now a failed state. More worst than Somalia, Afghanistan, Gaza joined together
Re: Without The Intervention Of Young Igbo Men, I Would Be A Dead Man - Moyo Okediji by Realtruth2023: 2:52am On Dec 18, 2023
kcowen:
Outside nairaland Nigeria's can support each other but you see the ones on nairaland that fight each other i swear they cant do that in real life instead hide under their keyboard to instigate others..honestly i haven't seen any hatred for ethnicity unlike what i have noticed in nairaland

The ones here especially the ones paid by APC are the worst tribalists, all to sell an agenda.
Re: Without The Intervention Of Young Igbo Men, I Would Be A Dead Man - Moyo Okediji by ChybuzzDD(m): 2:56am On Dec 18, 2023
DesChyko:
US-based don recounts ordeal at hands of Nigerian immigration, police officers on Facebook, which made him cut short his visit and went back to Ghana

Moyo Okediji is an art historian, painter and artist whose works contains a number of icons and signifiers of the deep aspects of Yoruba culture. He is currently an academic staff of the University of Texas, Austin.

https://web.facebook.com/moyo.okediji/posts/pfbid0eGS1UUHbZbbFCeJHrBfzPrMBBH1X4mZu6HqscA7C9VeR4SWNX4SmBSE88H4p2Ujbl?_rdc=1&_rdr

That's the true Igbo spirit exhibited by those guys!

Courage, fearlessness, determination, confidence, perseverance, social justice, resourcefulness, etc. Just name it!

Same qualities that made a poorly equipped Biafran army hold off a useless, well equiped and supported, but cowardly Nigerian army for 3 good years.

God bless those guys and the undying spirit of Biafra!

As for the Nigeria police, that's a useless, shameless, criminal entity that needs to be urgently disbanded.

I too encountered them right from the airport when i visited Nigeria in August, but unlike this man, i gave it back to them in equal measures.
I ain't running away from visiting Nigeria for anybody, not even the drugbag in power.

1 Like

Re: Without The Intervention Of Young Igbo Men, I Would Be A Dead Man - Moyo Okediji by Realtruth2023: 2:58am On Dec 18, 2023
Zico5:

See where u are digressing to. Your so called people voted enmasse for Peter Obi here in Lagos whereas reverse is the case in Anambra and other south east states. We saw online how an igbo man that voted Tinubu was beaten and disgraced openly. Google is ur friend if u want to find out. Then who is more tribal bigot here. Did they write that those police in uniform are Yoruba. Lagos police is from different ethnic groups and there is no way that u can differentiate who is who. You guys are just pathetic

Let me ask you a question here on what basis should people in Anambra had voted APC? When the same APC made it clear that they were 5% people? If you were in their situation will you vote for that kind of party? Also if Yorubas voted against APC in Lagos it is because of their conviction of not liking the party, it is not a tit for tat game that you must expect south east to vote for a party that didn't give a damn about them in the first place.
Re: Without The Intervention Of Young Igbo Men, I Would Be A Dead Man - Moyo Okediji by Realtruth2023: 2:59am On Dec 18, 2023
NovusHomo:

Absolutely nothing.

Another tribal bigot spotted.
Re: Without The Intervention Of Young Igbo Men, I Would Be A Dead Man - Moyo Okediji by ChybuzzDD(m): 3:00am On Dec 18, 2023
EmperorCaesar:

This is a stupid attempt to deflect attention from the great jobs those guys did
Re: Without The Intervention Of Young Igbo Men, I Would Be A Dead Man - Moyo Okediji by Realtruth2023: 3:01am On Dec 18, 2023
Omodua:
Useful lessons should be learnt from this incident.

That despite our differences, we are still our brothers keeper. Not minding political rigmarole and subterfuge inherent in the dirty game of winning elections.

The last elections gives the impression that Igbo and Yoruba are sworn eternal enemies. But it's not so based on this narrative and Moyo,the Yoruba Odyssey to Nigeria and his eventual rescue from imminent death at the hands security agencies by Igbo youths.

Those shouting Igbo is-this and-that will learn useful lessons from this incident that the so-called Igbo wicked agenda is the orchestration of politcians and ethnic bigots. Not the real common on the street behind this negative contraption and usage.

Let's embrace peace and love one another as exemplified by Moyo's assault and rescue by Igbo youths.

Henceforth, let's carpet promoters of hate on Nairaland who thinks Igbo and Yoruba are sworn enemies.

My salute to those brave young men who risked their lives to save a person in dire straits. From police brutality and extortion.

Ironically this same man during elections wrote a damning piece against the igbos because of Gbadebo Rhodes Vivour. After elections they remember we are Nigerians, but during elections it is omoluabi vs Omo Igbo.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Man Commits Suicide By Hanging In Ondo (Disturbing Photo) / Senteni Masango Commits Suicide (Swaziland King's 8th Wife) / Success’ Viral Video: Delta Government To Sanction School Head And Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.