Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,217 members, 7,811,605 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:27 PM

Without The Intervention Of Young Igbo Men, I Would Be A Dead Man - Moyo Okediji - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Without The Intervention Of Young Igbo Men, I Would Be A Dead Man - Moyo Okediji (32992 Views)

Woman Found Dead, Man Unconscious Inside Office In Aba (Video) / Deborah Samuel's Murder: A Case Of Social Injustice - Okediji Prosper / NDLEA, DSS Burst Abuja Cannabis Party, Stop Launch Of 'Dead Man's Fingers' Drink (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Without The Intervention Of Young Igbo Men, I Would Be A Dead Man - Moyo Okediji by Holluwhakemmy(f): 9:23pm On Dec 17, 2023
Ndi Igbo Amaka thanks to you all. We are 1

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Without The Intervention Of Young Igbo Men, I Would Be A Dead Man - Moyo Okediji by NovusHomo(m): 9:24pm On Dec 17, 2023
EmperorCaesar:
Humanity first before anything

Even those ethnic fighters on nairaland would do anything in their powers to save their oppositions from death

Nothing special about this

Absolutely nothing.

1 Like

Re: Without The Intervention Of Young Igbo Men, I Would Be A Dead Man - Moyo Okediji by Antoeni(m): 9:26pm On Dec 17, 2023
Nigeria Police Are The Real Thieves , Banits kinappers, Look At , Abba Kyari, DSP lyamu, Police Are Always Accomplices and Aid to Every Major Robbery,

6 Likes

Re: Without The Intervention Of Young Igbo Men, I Would Be A Dead Man - Moyo Okediji by Princewill1(m): 9:27pm On Dec 17, 2023
The culture in Igboland abhors Injustice and Intimidation. No one told me this, I have been to about 26 states in Nigeria. This is what I observed among my people.

One rainy evening in 2014, in the East, I witnessed the crowd defile the rain and gave 2 boys who stole watches from these hausa sellers a hot chase. They caught up with them, gave them the worst beating of their lives and returned the watches to the seller.

Everything happened in my presence like a flash. I remembered telling my friend with me then that this can't possibly happen in the North.

Who were the people supporting and defending Shiites during their brutal suppression despite not being Muslims?

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Without The Intervention Of Young Igbo Men, I Would Be A Dead Man - Moyo Okediji by Omodua(m): 9:30pm On Dec 17, 2023
DesChyko:
US-based don recounts ordeal at hands of Nigerian immigration, police officers on Facebook, which made him cut short his visit and went back to Ghana

Moyo Okediji is an art historian, painter and artist whose works contains a number of icons and signifiers of the deep aspects of Yoruba culture. He is currently an academic staff of the University of Texas, Austin.

https://web.facebook.com/moyo.okediji/posts/pfbid0eGS1UUHbZbbFCeJHrBfzPrMBBH1X4mZu6HqscA7C9VeR4SWNX4SmBSE88H4p2Ujbl?_rdc=1&_rdr
Useful lessons should be learnt from this incident.

That despite our differences, we are still our brothers keeper. Not minding political rigmarole and subterfuge inherent in the dirty game of winning elections.

The last elections gives the impression that Igbo and Yoruba are sworn eternal enemies. But it's not so based on this narrative and Moyo,the Yoruba Odyssey to Nigeria and his eventual rescue from imminent death at the hands security agencies by Igbo youths.

Those shouting Igbo is-this and-that will learn useful lessons from this incident that the so-called Igbo wicked agenda is the orchestration of politcians and ethnic bigots. Not the real common on the street behind this negative contraption and usage.

Let's embrace peace and love one another as exemplified by Moyo's assault and rescue by Igbo youths.

Henceforth, let's carpet promoters of hate on Nairaland who thinks Igbo and Yoruba are sworn enemies.

My salute to those brave young men who risked their lives to save a person in dire straits. From police brutality and extortion.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Without The Intervention Of Young Igbo Men, I Would Be A Dead Man - Moyo Okediji by Johnthesuccess: 9:30pm On Dec 17, 2023
DesChyko:
US-based don recounts ordeal at hands of Nigerian immigration, police officers on Facebook, which made him cut short his visit and went back to Ghana

Moyo Okediji is an art historian, painter and artist whose works contains a number of icons and signifiers of the deep aspects of Yoruba culture. He is currently an academic staff of the University of Texas, Austin.

https://web.facebook.com/moyo.okediji/posts/pfbid0eGS1UUHbZbbFCeJHrBfzPrMBBH1X4mZu6HqscA7C9VeR4SWNX4SmBSE88H4p2Ujbl?_rdc=1&_rdr

Nothing special. I've equally help many people from other tribes .

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Without The Intervention Of Young Igbo Men, I Would Be A Dead Man - Moyo Okediji by themanderon: 9:32pm On Dec 17, 2023
Humanity above all things. Its a pity politicians have sown the seed of discord amongst Nigerians for their wicked political gains.

2 Likes

Re: Without The Intervention Of Young Igbo Men, I Would Be A Dead Man - Moyo Okediji by Babathanks(m): 9:32pm On Dec 17, 2023
Mozegee:
look at this ode writing about humanity. You are nothing but a double edge sword.
I think is right though, there is one Igbo woman that stay besides my apartment here in this Abuja. This woman hate me because am a Yoruba. She told me to my face nii ooo. But there is one night she was about to be robbed by panteke Hausa boys and she started shouting and screaming for help. The humanity in me trigger me to come to her rescue and I save her from that problem. Now we are best friend though. We are all human being first. I think what really divide us is this tinubu and obi election. But we should also remember that many people like me hate politics. Like me now, I don't even have voters card

12 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Without The Intervention Of Young Igbo Men, I Would Be A Dead Man - Moyo Okediji by Skillsnigeria: 9:32pm On Dec 17, 2023
grin Criminal police
Re: Without The Intervention Of Young Igbo Men, I Would Be A Dead Man - Moyo Okediji by Manpasman: 9:33pm On Dec 17, 2023
why flying in to ghana to see which landscape God Just save u the little money you saved just go like that .Nigerian embassy is there to renew ur passport you want to play smart .
Re: Without The Intervention Of Young Igbo Men, I Would Be A Dead Man - Moyo Okediji by C814: 9:36pm On Dec 17, 2023
azpekuliar:

Oga getat!
God bless you
Re: Without The Intervention Of Young Igbo Men, I Would Be A Dead Man - Moyo Okediji by jaxxy(m): 9:36pm On Dec 17, 2023
bigots will not like this news.

1 Like

Re: Without The Intervention Of Young Igbo Men, I Would Be A Dead Man - Moyo Okediji by Omoluabi16(m): 9:37pm On Dec 17, 2023
Look at that Ayobami guy.. e say na negative PR. Smh some people just hate the truth.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Without The Intervention Of Young Igbo Men, I Would Be A Dead Man - Moyo Okediji by greggng: 9:37pm On Dec 17, 2023
This is very shameful . You can't imagine how the image of this country has been dented by this criminals in uniform .what a shame

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Without The Intervention Of Young Igbo Men, I Would Be A Dead Man - Moyo Okediji by Omoawoke: 9:38pm On Dec 17, 2023
Of course there are wonderful igbos out there, good and hardworking people. But some are miscreants tarnishing their images especially online

1 Like

Re: Without The Intervention Of Young Igbo Men, I Would Be A Dead Man - Moyo Okediji by Gangster1ms: 9:40pm On Dec 17, 2023
chidiakwari:
This is the same professor who wrote a now deleted Facebook post taunting Ndigbo during the recent Nigerian elections?

Read:

—///——

Lessons From Lagos

Four lessons from Lagos.

One: teach your children to speak very properly your indigenous languages, if you want your children to be accepted as leaders in the community.

You cannot think in English or French, and speak pidgin Yoruba, yet expect Yoruba people to accept you wholeheartedly as their leader.

They will see through you and reject your elitism.

Second: when you see a calm beehive, do not poke it with a stick.

The bees are protecting their queen.

That is why they are so calm.

If you poke the beehive with a stick, those calm bees will surely react.

Third: because the surface of the water is still and calm doesn’t mean that the water is shallow; or that is not the abode of ferocious crocodiles.

Four: Yoruba people do not eat with the left hand.

When they learn a lesson, they hold the lesson inside their left fist so they don’t use that hand to eat dodo.

We are taking serious lessons from Lagos.

__
Picture shows the painting I was doing when the elections were going on in Lagos.

It shows a ballet dancer.

Afẹ́fẹ́ ti fẹ́.

You may complete the proverb

- Professor Moyo Okediji March 15, 2023
-
Moyo Okediji is a professor of Art History at the University of Texas, Houston , United States of America.

https://www.facebook.com/100000080640719/posts/6425657140780244/?mibextid=SaVZm5
Wow, if only those Igbos knew angry

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Without The Intervention Of Young Igbo Men, I Would Be A Dead Man - Moyo Okediji by Gangster1ms: 9:41pm On Dec 17, 2023
Zico5:

See where u are digressing to. Your so called people voted enmasse for Peter Obi here in Lagos whereas reverse is the case in Anambra and other south east states. We saw online how an igbo man that voted Tinubu was beaten and disgraced openly. Google is ur friend if u want to find out. Then who is more tribal bigot here. Did they write that those police in uniform are Yoruba. Lagos police is from different ethnic groups and there is no way that u can differentiate who is who. You guys are just pathetic
Then how come your Tinubu is the president?
Make we hear word abeg
Re: Without The Intervention Of Young Igbo Men, I Would Be A Dead Man - Moyo Okediji by Rejouir: 9:41pm On Dec 17, 2023
Grey hairs, but yet daft. I don't understand if tribalism is inborn into these yoruba's. I could remember this man posts, about encouraging demolishing houses owned by the igbo's

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Without The Intervention Of Young Igbo Men, I Would Be A Dead Man - Moyo Okediji by Chicagograduate(m): 9:45pm On Dec 17, 2023
There is no governor in Lagos State that didn't demolished houses that are own by non indigenes of the state.

1 Like

Re: Without The Intervention Of Young Igbo Men, I Would Be A Dead Man - Moyo Okediji by Yankee101: 9:45pm On Dec 17, 2023
Don’t carry large amounts of money to nigeria
Transfer to your domiciliary account and withdraw in-country
Use the nigeria airports. Even if you’re flying to Ghana, take a local flight from Ghana to nigeria not by road
At the airport there are plenty of controls and the harassment is limited

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Without The Intervention Of Young Igbo Men, I Would Be A Dead Man - Moyo Okediji by Lightorder: 9:46pm On Dec 17, 2023
EmperorCaesar:
Humanity first before anything

Even those ethnic fighters on nairaland would do anything in their powers to save their oppositions from death

Nothing special about this
when a fool is making comments , you will know.

4 Likes

Re: Without The Intervention Of Young Igbo Men, I Would Be A Dead Man - Moyo Okediji by CatchMeIfUCanMO: 9:49pm On Dec 17, 2023
Lovelyn451:
Abeg abeg abeg...make we hear word

Bahd belle, is that you?

4 Likes

Re: Without The Intervention Of Young Igbo Men, I Would Be A Dead Man - Moyo Okediji by flokii: 9:50pm On Dec 17, 2023
I find some loopholes in this Professor's story.. how come he had noone to meet him up on entry into Nigeria?. no loved ones or friends or what??.

The same way the Igbo boys protected him from unruly policemen is the same way Yorubas would have stood up for any Igbo man in danger.. It's like the ideal thing to do for those with their senses intact.

What causes rancour is politics and land.. we won't cede an inch of Yorubaland to anyone and won't tolerate external influence in our politics.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Without The Intervention Of Young Igbo Men, I Would Be A Dead Man - Moyo Okediji by phorget(m): 9:51pm On Dec 17, 2023
BusterG:
Whatever this man was thinking coming via a land border with plenty foreign notes on him.

He should just thank his stars that he's still alive.

First Rule In Naija..... NEVER LOOSEGUARD

When it becomes a crime to feel safe in ones own country then safety becomes scary even anywhere in the world.

2 Likes

Re: Without The Intervention Of Young Igbo Men, I Would Be A Dead Man - Moyo Okediji by Antivirus92(m): 9:52pm On Dec 17, 2023
Holluwhakemmy:
Ndi Igbo Amaka thanks to you all. We are 1
you and who are one?

1 Like

Re: Without The Intervention Of Young Igbo Men, I Would Be A Dead Man - Moyo Okediji by TrumpDonald2: 9:52pm On Dec 17, 2023
PDPdestroyer:
All these gaslighting from Igbos just because you want us to see you as allies, loose guard, and hand over Lagos to you, or to vote your pandorã Obi. Una go explain tire grin

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
This thread really pain you. Truth is bitter.

2 Likes

Re: Without The Intervention Of Young Igbo Men, I Would Be A Dead Man - Moyo Okediji by phorget(m): 9:52pm On Dec 17, 2023
flokii:
I find many loopholes in this Professor's story.. how come he had noone to meet him up on entry into Nigeria?. no loved ones or friends or what??.

The same way the Igbo boys protected him from unruly policemen is the same way Yorubas would have stood up for any Igbo man in danger.. It's like the ideal thing to do for those with their senses intact.

What causes rancour is politics and land.. we won't cede an inch of Yorubaland to anyone and won't tolerate external influence in our politics.

Not everyone would enjoy any form of fanfares, he deliberately traveled through land boarders so as to enjoy a good view of nature.

4 Likes

Re: Without The Intervention Of Young Igbo Men, I Would Be A Dead Man - Moyo Okediji by flokii: 9:56pm On Dec 17, 2023
phorget:

Not everyone would enjoy any form of fanfares, he deliberately traveled through land boarders so as to enjoy a good view of nature.

I agree.. I deliberately travel by road attimes just to have a feel of the landscape and see new developments across States in Nigeria.

It's a pity some of our security personnel especially those in Police have decided to always bring shame on Nigeria.. they just put on uniforms but have no moral leanings, zero patriotism to country.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Without The Intervention Of Young Igbo Men, I Would Be A Dead Man - Moyo Okediji by Archtype(m): 9:56pm On Dec 17, 2023
This is the same prof. That has been talking down on Igbos at the last elections...His twits are there

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Without The Intervention Of Young Igbo Men, I Would Be A Dead Man - Moyo Okediji by Zico5(m): 9:56pm On Dec 17, 2023
Gangster1ms:

Then how come your Tinubu is the president?
Make we hear word abeg
Go and ask the Notherners why they did not vote for ur fraudster Peter Obi.

3 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Found Dead In His Apartment In Asia After Weeks Of Missing(pics) / Policeman Dies Arresting Danfo Driver In Lagos / Armed Robbers & Kidnappers Arrested By Anambra Police & Arms Recovered (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.