Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,565 members, 7,823,485 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:45 AM

Without The Intervention Of Young Igbo Men, I Would Be A Dead Man - Moyo Okediji - Crime (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Without The Intervention Of Young Igbo Men, I Would Be A Dead Man - Moyo Okediji (33036 Views)

Woman Found Dead, Man Unconscious Inside Office In Aba (Video) / Deborah Samuel's Murder: A Case Of Social Injustice - Okediji Prosper / NDLEA, DSS Burst Abuja Cannabis Party, Stop Launch Of 'Dead Man's Fingers' Drink (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Without The Intervention Of Young Igbo Men, I Would Be A Dead Man - Moyo Okediji by Realtruth2023: 3:02am On Dec 18, 2023
Omoawoke:
Of course there are wonderful igbos out there, good and hardworking people. But some are miscreants tarnishing their images especially online

It is a lie, it is people like you paid to sell an ethnic agenda during elections that do this. Please stop playing Ostrich.
Re: Without The Intervention Of Young Igbo Men, I Would Be A Dead Man - Moyo Okediji by Realtruth2023: 3:04am On Dec 18, 2023
flokii:
I find some loopholes in this Professor's story.. how come he had noone to meet him up on entry into Nigeria?. no loved ones or friends or what??.

The same way the Igbo boys protected him from unruly policemen is the same way Yorubas would have stood up for any Igbo man in danger.. It's like the ideal thing to do for those with their senses intact.

What causes rancour is politics and land.. we won't cede an inch of Yorubaland to anyone and won't tolerate external influence in our politics.

So why didn't the Yoruba around stick their necks for the guy? You keep trying to play Ostrich just to downplay the role the Igbo guys made in the narrative because of you tribalistic sentiments which you display always in this forum.

2 Likes

Re: Without The Intervention Of Young Igbo Men, I Would Be A Dead Man - Moyo Okediji by Realtruth2023: 3:05am On Dec 18, 2023
Antivirus92:
so u have forged another story immediately. E no dey hard una Yoruba people.

You sabi them very well.
Re: Without The Intervention Of Young Igbo Men, I Would Be A Dead Man - Moyo Okediji by Realtruth2023: 3:06am On Dec 18, 2023
Zico5:

Go and ask the Notherners why they did not vote for ur fraudster Peter Obi.

Stop this unintelligent statement abeg.
Re: Without The Intervention Of Young Igbo Men, I Would Be A Dead Man - Moyo Okediji by Realtruth2023: 3:07am On Dec 18, 2023
emerged01:
There are thousands of Igbo will say same of Yorubas. It is silly to think all Igbos are nice.

This statement of yours is a typical of an ethnic bigot. What if I tell you that it is silly to trust a Yoruba man, how will you feel?
Re: Without The Intervention Of Young Igbo Men, I Would Be A Dead Man - Moyo Okediji by Realtruth2023: 3:11am On Dec 18, 2023
Reussite:
God must have used those Igbo guys on purpose for him to realise how wrongly tribalistic he has been especially during the last elections. I want to believe he would have a different mindset going forward.

You think!!! Please save that his post, because the next elections watch he will start the same bigotry again. It is always during elections they do this rubbish.
Re: Without The Intervention Of Young Igbo Men, I Would Be A Dead Man - Moyo Okediji by banku: 3:13am On Dec 18, 2023
Nobody should be harassed, humiliated or intimidated because he wants to vote anywhere in Nigeria.

It is unfortunate that people were maimed and kill all over Nigeria during the Election and Lagos was more peaceful compared to other places especially the East.

Though I detest violence, you did not show anyone killed in Lagos.

Except at Ago Palace where a Yoruba man labelled thug was shot to death by Igbo thugs or just activists!

Who is the loudest crier?

JohnVianney:

It's interesting how effortlessly individuals twist narratives to suit their campaign of calumny. Mr. Ziko, please can you provide the video of the man who was beaten for voting Tinubu.

To the best of my knowledge, earlier this year during the elections i saw a video of a man in one of the south eastern states of Nigeria (Anambra to be precise) leaving the voting ground amidst jeers from a handful of people. Nobody laid hands on him or came close to him.

He was allowed to leave the voting venue on his own peacefully without any harm whatsoever although with jeers from a handful of people. That's the highest level of incident that happened in the entire SE against an opposition.

Here's the video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_CVh6csijg?feature=shared

Now compare this with the outright threats, killings, maiming, injuries inflicted by touts, tyranny, insubordination, burning down and looting of businesses and even outright disenfranchisement metted out by Yorubas to anyone who looked like an Igbo person irrespective of the candidate one wished to vote out of the three major contenders (Atiku, Tinubu or Obi). The hardcore hatred was in full glare for all to see.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BG92Ax__t0?feature=shared

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rx4iMblOVg?feature=shared

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzT5bSIGL9g?feature=shared

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bKXchM1Rxo?feature=shared

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnS97AQlvMU?feature=shared
And you stand here complaining about a handful of people jeering at one who was allowed to vote peacefully and go home without harm. You should be ashamed of yourself, you are EVIL !!! Even after elections the Yorubas of Nigeria are the only ones who go about demolishing the real estate of their opponents, yet they cry to be the victims. You lots love to tell lies and twist narratives to suit your agenda and gaslight others into mob actions.

Overtime, i have learnt a lot from Nairaland about the recurring individual attitudes of the three major Nigerian tribes and i must say from what i have seen, a lot of Yorubas are not wonderful in terms of overall character.

Whatever a yoruba man accuses another of, look closely he is committing a far much 100x more grevious offence than that.
Re: Without The Intervention Of Young Igbo Men, I Would Be A Dead Man - Moyo Okediji by Realtruth2023: 3:21am On Dec 18, 2023
banku:
Nobody should be harassed, humiliated or intimidated because he wants to vote anywhere in Nigeria.

It is unfortunate that people were maimed and kill all over Nigeria during the Election and Lagos was more peaceful compared to other places especially the East.

Though I detest violence, you did not show anyone killed in Lagos.

Except at Ago Palace where a Yoruba man labelled thug was shot to death by Igbo thugs or just activists!

Who is the loudest crier?

Did you really take a second look at what you wrote. That elections in Lagos was more peaceful than places in the east. Please show us where in the east that there was violence and ballot snatching and voter violence. Haaa!!!! You people should for once fear God and stop this gaslighting and playing Ostrich. Be bold enough to admit that what you guys did is wrong, there is no shame in it.

2 Likes

Re: Without The Intervention Of Young Igbo Men, I Would Be A Dead Man - Moyo Okediji by banku: 3:25am On Dec 18, 2023
You want graphic video of Yoruba killers at Ago Palace, abi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26HI9Q7EKTM

[url]

[/url]

Realtruth2023:

Did you really take a second look at what you wrote. That elections in Lagos was more peaceful than places in the east. Please show us where in the east that there was violence and ballot snatching and voter violence. Haaa!!!! You people should for once fear God and stop this gaslighting and playing Ostrich. Be bold enough to admit that what you guys did is wrong, there is no shame in it.
Re: Without The Intervention Of Young Igbo Men, I Would Be A Dead Man - Moyo Okediji by Realtruth2023: 3:31am On Dec 18, 2023
banku:
You want graphic video of Yoruba killers at Ago Palace, abi

[url]

[/url]

Wait bros stop trying to twist the narrative. You said in the South east, so please mention one area in the South east where there was electoral violence. Now back to Ago Palace, you use the same hands to twist the narrative with the Ago killers in this your comment. You had earlier stated that these guys attempted to snatch ballot boxes and cause violence in Ago that was why they were killed. So bros look for some other lie that can stick this attempt to gaslight has failed.
Re: Without The Intervention Of Young Igbo Men, I Would Be A Dead Man - Moyo Okediji by banku: 3:37am On Dec 18, 2023
Congratulations!

One of the Igbo men that does not know daily killing is a ritual in the East, not just during Elections.

Just imagine a mob of Yoruba killing an Igbo man in the East. Oh, I forgot, Yoruba are cowards.

Realtruth2023:

Wait bros stop trying to twist the narrative. You said in the South east, so please mention one area in the South east where there was electoral violence. Now back to Ago Palace, you use the same hands to twist the narrative with the Ago killers in this your comment. You had earlier stated that these guys attempted to snatch ballot boxes and cause violence in Ago that was why they were killed. So bros look for some other lie that can stick this attempt to gaslight has failed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Without The Intervention Of Young Igbo Men, I Would Be A Dead Man - Moyo Okediji by Realtruth2023: 3:41am On Dec 18, 2023
banku:
Congratulations!

One of the Igbo men that does not know daily killing is a ritual in the East, not just during Elections.

Just imagine a mob of Yoruba killing an Igbo man in the East. Oh, I forgot, Yoruba are cowards.

Oga you made an allegation that elections was not peaceful in the east. Okay I have asked you Oya show me evidence of electoral violence in the east, and you have now tried to spin it that killing is a daily ritual, as if killing in South West is not a daily ritual abi.
Bros go and rest stop this bigotry and lies, e no dey sell again.

1 Like

Re: Without The Intervention Of Young Igbo Men, I Would Be A Dead Man - Moyo Okediji by emerged01(m): 4:07am On Dec 18, 2023
Realtruth2023:

This statement of yours is a typical of an ethnic bigot. What if I tell you that it is silly to trust a Yoruba man, how will you feel?
I dont feel shit. It is your opinion, like anus everyone get am.

1 Like

Re: Without The Intervention Of Young Igbo Men, I Would Be A Dead Man - Moyo Okediji by banku: 4:19am On Dec 18, 2023
Back to the topic.

What was done to this Prof. was and is abhorrent regardless of his ethnicity. The Police and Army that extorted him are members of many ethnic groups like the politicians that loot the hell out of us while we fight over crumbs

Even FESTAC despite claim that it is Igbo city, is actually made up of all Nigerians. The Agbero or Area boys that saved him could have been a mixture of Nigerians. If some of them speak Igbo, it does not mean there are no other Nigerians with them.

Indeed, they came to his rescue spontaneously without caring or knowing of his ethnic group from a distance. If they were tormenting him, they could have been called Owomida.

Let me make this clear as I have many times. We grew up with decent, hardworking and honest Igbo men and ladies. But these honorable Igbo are too scared to challenge their fellow men. Though more of them are finally calling out their excesses.

Just to take credit for everything because the Prof. thought these area boys were only Igbo.

I missed my dear Igbo brothers and sisters I grew up with.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Without The Intervention Of Young Igbo Men, I Would Be A Dead Man - Moyo Okediji by Goalnaldo(m): 4:30am On Dec 18, 2023
Maybe the attack was the manifestation of your swear in 1992. Remember you said "If you see me in this god-forsaken country again, cut off my neck"
Words especially negative ones can be powerful.

To you reading this, may helpers appear from nowhere to come through for you in your difficult moments.
Re: Without The Intervention Of Young Igbo Men, I Would Be A Dead Man - Moyo Okediji by SonofGod231: 4:31am On Dec 18, 2023
And their motto say's "Police is your friend". cry
Re: Without The Intervention Of Young Igbo Men, I Would Be A Dead Man - Moyo Okediji by tiwatomi(m): 4:50am On Dec 18, 2023
So many bad eggs in police force.
The people in herms of affairs of police are trying to flush out the bad eggs but it seems like the "more you look the less you see"
Pls Mr. Muyiwa Adejobi and Mr, Benjamin Hundeyin ( the police PRO on federal and state level respectfully) I know you are trying your best, please I will be so glad if you can investigate this case.
I wonder when will our police will be professionals in discharging their duties.
Re: Without The Intervention Of Young Igbo Men, I Would Be A Dead Man - Moyo Okediji by DoxxAnon: 5:02am On Dec 18, 2023
Edited the story so that it could look like positive PR but left out the bit where the same professor supported the disenfranchisement of non-Yoruba voters in the last election and make bigoted statements!

Last last white hair isn’t a sign of wisdom!
Re: Without The Intervention Of Young Igbo Men, I Would Be A Dead Man - Moyo Okediji by MondayOsunbor(m): 5:05am On Dec 18, 2023
DesChyko:
US-based don recounts ordeal at hands of Nigerian immigration, police officers on Facebook, which made him cut short his visit and went back to Ghana

Moyo Okediji is an art historian, painter and artist whose works contains a number of icons and signifiers of the deep aspects of Yoruba culture. He is currently an academic staff of the University of Texas, Austin.

https://web.facebook.com/moyo.okediji/posts/pfbid0eGS1UUHbZbbFCeJHrBfzPrMBBH1X4mZu6HqscA7C9VeR4SWNX4SmBSE88H4p2Ujbl?_rdc=1&_rdr

lucky it is ibo park if na yoruba park
Re: Without The Intervention Of Young Igbo Men, I Would Be A Dead Man - Moyo Okediji by MondayOsunbor(m): 5:12am On Dec 18, 2023
vivalavida:
It will take a miracle for this man to set foot in Nigeria again.

let God set me free from this country wetin i dey find here again
Re: Without The Intervention Of Young Igbo Men, I Would Be A Dead Man - Moyo Okediji by firearcher: 5:29am On Dec 18, 2023
There are only good and bad people, and you will find them in every tribe and race.
All these pissing contests among the readers are unnecessary and signs of mental immaturity.
Re: Without The Intervention Of Young Igbo Men, I Would Be A Dead Man - Moyo Okediji by epainos: 5:32am On Dec 18, 2023
When people are united, there is nothing that can stand in their way. Igbo should unite themselves and stop letting Nigeria (Hausa, Fulani and Yoruba especially) use few of them against others. Put away greediness and the love of money you are known for and embrace unity. Everyone knows Igbo too like money. And when you jokingly say it to their faces, they don't get angry. They accept it and even reply jokingly "who no like money?". But little do they know that Hausa, Fulani, and Yoruba are teasing them with their greatest weakness. If you can unite like these men, you will become a power base again. But as you are presently...you are all just social media noise makers grin

See eh...I don't see Igbo getting out of this mess because the love of money is a strong weakness that will not allow one to shine.

Get your sh.it together.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Without The Intervention Of Young Igbo Men, I Would Be A Dead Man - Moyo Okediji by firearcher: 5:38am On Dec 18, 2023
Yankee101:
Nigeria is stronger together
When abroad you’ll appreciate the need to be one country

The division is not by tribes but by elites who divide by tribes and religion to steal

It worked for politicians because they know their people and how they think.
Re: Without The Intervention Of Young Igbo Men, I Would Be A Dead Man - Moyo Okediji by Agugbadin: 5:54am On Dec 18, 2023
We thank God for your safety, many Nigerians have disappeared in this manner without traces. We also thank God for the Igbo boys whom God used to save your life.
Re: Without The Intervention Of Young Igbo Men, I Would Be A Dead Man - Moyo Okediji by VEHINTOLAR: 5:58am On Dec 18, 2023
Bullcraps,Yoruba won't fall for this nonsense ! Even if you like,you can portray Igbo as those beautiful angels from the heaven,ko kan Aye ! All these nonsense will never change other Nigerians' perceptions of who Igbo truly are and it won't make Yoruba people to hand over an inch of their territories to Igbo or any other non Yoruba from anywhere ! Ipob are killing and maiming defenceless Igbo people on a daily basis in Alaigbo,those "super Igbo boys" in Festac or wherever they may be living in any parts of Lagos/Yoruba land should go and rescue their people from the claws of Ipob's death in Igbo land !

Una go explain tire, Igbos have been cancelled in Lagos and all other parts of Yoruba land. All these stories won't change anything ! Even as you Igbo promised to die in Lagos,we will still make your deadbodies suffer for your crimes against the Yoruba ! You Igbos are no longer welcome here,go back to your erosion ravaged
land of primitive cannibals where you belong. Go and develop your own land too as you've developed Lagos, Johannesburg,Accra,Kano, etc. You can't be developing everywhere while your land remains a terrible eyesore filled with filths and blood sucking cannibals !

Mtchew,bunch of primitive hinterland bushmen from hell !

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Without The Intervention Of Young Igbo Men, I Would Be A Dead Man - Moyo Okediji by Workch: 5:59am On Dec 18, 2023
PDPdestroyer:
All these gaslighting from Igbos just because you want us to see you as allies, loose guard, and hand over Lagos to you, or to vote your pandorã Obi. Una go explain tire grin
you are just a very stupid person, you Will think that you are making sense but you won't know that you don't have a life.
A earlier you realize this, the better for you. I have never seen an online tribal e-warrior who does well in life
Re: Without The Intervention Of Young Igbo Men, I Would Be A Dead Man - Moyo Okediji by Mrtaye: 6:11am On Dec 18, 2023
Lovelyn451:
Abeg abeg abeg...make we hear word
Mugu pray you don't find yourself in that position
Re: Without The Intervention Of Young Igbo Men, I Would Be A Dead Man - Moyo Okediji by Mrtaye: 6:15am On Dec 18, 2023
PDPdestroyer:
All these gaslighting from Igbos just because you want us to see you as allies, loose guard, and hand over Lagos to you, or to vote your pandorã Obi. Una go explain tire grin
I'm Yoruba but igbos are dependable allies while we yorubas and hypocrites you sycophants
Re: Without The Intervention Of Young Igbo Men, I Would Be A Dead Man - Moyo Okediji by Hotice085: 6:19am On Dec 18, 2023
DamnnNiggarr:
shocked

reading this writeup reminded me of a certain video of group of some young Igbo men daring one Asian country police like that, I've forgotten the name of the country.

It is not chest-beating, I've encountered many daredevil Igbos, who would stand their ground against their oppressors, without minding what it might result in. That's one thing I respect about the Igbo man.

You don't have anything to worry about, if you're fighting side-by-side with an Igbo man in the face of terror.

Okoro no go try this nonsense for Russia China Argentina or bad ass Islamic countries, make u know where u de do nonsense
Re: Without The Intervention Of Young Igbo Men, I Would Be A Dead Man - Moyo Okediji by Hotice085: 6:23am On Dec 18, 2023
VEHINTOLAR:
Bullcraps,Yoruba won't fall for this nonsense ! Even if you like,you can portray Igbo as those beautiful angels from the heaven,ko kan Aye ! All these nonsense will never change other Nigerians' perceptions of who Igbo truly are and it won't make Yoruba people to hand over an inch of their territories to Igbo or any other non Yoruba from anywhere ! Ipob are killing and maiming defenceless Igbo people on a daily basis in Alaigbo,those "super Igbo boys" in Festac or wherever they may be living in any parts of Lagos/Yoruba land should go and rescue their people from the claws of Ipob's death in Igbo land !

Una go explain tire, Igbos have been cancelled in Lagos and all other parts of Yoruba land. All these stories won't change anything ! Even as you Igbo promised to die in Lagos,we will still make your deadbodies suffer for your crimes against the Yoruba ! You Igbos are no longer welcome here,go back to your erosion ravaged
land of primitive cannibals where you belong. Go and develop your own land too as you've developed Lagos, Johannesburg,Accra,Kano, etc. You can't be developing everywhere while your land remains a terrible eyesore filled with filths and blood sucking cannibals !

Mtchew,bunch of primitive hinterland bushmen from hell !

Mr man shut up, aside Lagos wetin de SW wey de make you kpariwo oshi
Shey na Oyo osun abi ekiti or ondo abi the world #1 cultist ritualist and criminals Ogun state
Ogbeni I say close ya dirty mouth
Re: Without The Intervention Of Young Igbo Men, I Would Be A Dead Man - Moyo Okediji by erniok(m): 6:25am On Dec 18, 2023
chidiakwari:
This is the same professor who wrote a now deleted Facebook post taunting Ndigbo during the recent Nigerian elections?

Read:

—///——

Lessons From Lagos

Four lessons from Lagos.

One: teach your children to speak very properly your indigenous languages, if you want your children to be accepted as leaders in the community.

You cannot think in English or French, and speak pidgin Yoruba, yet expect Yoruba people to accept you wholeheartedly as their leader.

They will see through you and reject your elitism.

Second: when you see a calm beehive, do not poke it with a stick.

The bees are protecting their queen.

That is why they are so calm.

If you poke the beehive with a stick, those calm bees will surely react.

Third: because the surface of the water is still and calm doesn’t mean that the water is shallow; or that is not the abode of ferocious crocodiles.

Four: Yoruba people do not eat with the left hand.

When they learn a lesson, they hold the lesson inside their left fist so they don’t use that hand to eat dodo.

We are taking serious lessons from Lagos.

__
Picture shows the painting I was doing when the elections were going on in Lagos.

It shows a ballet dancer.

Afẹ́fẹ́ ti fẹ́.

You may complete the proverb

- Professor Moyo Okediji March 15, 2023
-
Moyo Okediji is a professor of Art History at the University of Texas, Houston , United States of America.

https://www.facebook.com/100000080640719/posts/6425657140780244/?mibextid=SaVZm5

A classical case of what I heard vs what I witnessed. Now that reality has set in, he had to delete the post.
Re: Without The Intervention Of Young Igbo Men, I Would Be A Dead Man - Moyo Okediji by Juniorangel(m): 6:26am On Dec 18, 2023
The day Igbo man hand go touch this country that's when this country will start to work because Igbo man always stands up against injustice, but for now let them enjoy the criminals the installed .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

How An 8-year-old Girl Was Deflowered And Abused By 70-year-old Man In Lagos / Policeman's Son Absconds With Lady's Benz, $700 Bitcoin / Man Commits Suicide By Hanging In Ondo (Disturbing Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.