Stats: 3,152,956 members, 7,817,809 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:08 PM

Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. (7670 Views)

Biafra: Southsouth And Southeast Are One And Indivisible - Akwa-ibomite / Congratulations To Southwest And South South. / Warri South, Southwest And North Belongs To Yoruba. Oodua Man Claims (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. by FatherOfJesus: 8:04am On Dec 22, 2023
tsdarkside:
is this a joke....??

you cant compare south west to south east....
makes no sense....

if south east was realy like south west or even near,would soo many igbos be relocatin to south west....??

I think it's natural for people to relocate closer to the economic hub of a country which is Lagos. It's the same reason why many Yorubas also relocate to Lagos.
If you remove Lagos, I don't see any difference because I have toured both places

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. by tsdarkside(m): 8:05am On Dec 22, 2023
bhella10:
Why Always measuring DK with the West? Try North sometimes and please don't exclude Kano or Abuja. They are North just as Lagos is West but continue grin

its realy strange....their are other regions to compare south east with than only south west....

Re: Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. by FatherOfJesus: 8:05am On Dec 22, 2023
skj1377:
The reason people migrate to a region is for better prospects . This simply means lack of satisfaction in their region for one reason or the other. How many Nigerians have migrated to Somalia or Afghanistan or Yemen. Now imagine some funny guy from Yemen telling you Ibadan is underdeveloped or has zinc rusted roofs then backs up his claim with pictures from a city in Yemen.
the reason people migrate to southwest is because of lagos, it's the same reason why Segun in ado-Ekiti will prefer to move to Lagos

Re: Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. by Goodday90(m): 8:06am On Dec 22, 2023
The standard of living in most south west region is low,you can still take 20 naira bike in Ibadan,and a colleague of mine bought half plot of land for 200,000,where can you find such in igboland,not even in Ebonyi state

And 300 can make a full pot of soup in Yoruba land,just buy 100 ewedu,100 pepper,100 naira tomato and then maggi 200 naira

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. by tsdarkside(m): 8:07am On Dec 22, 2023
FatherOfJesus:
I think it's natural for people to relocate closer to the economic hub of a country which is Lagos. It's the same reason why many Yorubas also relocate to Lagos.
If you remove Lagos, I don't see any difference because I have toured both places

you call their yourself economic hub....

but you cant stop talkin down on them....

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. by jude79(m): 8:07am On Dec 22, 2023
spagettiluv:
lmao
The amount of fl@tties in Ibadan should times two that of Kano.
They now found Ibadan as their new home

Shut it, I have traveled to all parts of Nigeria, southeast has the highest standard of living, most live in decent modern apartment with modern toilet facilities, they are closely followed by South South, Southwest tends to shy away from individual structures, so they tends to live in old structures, without toilet facilities,
What Southwest lack in structures is compensated by more federal government presence, with southeast and northeast lagging behind, but the lack of federal government and foreign industries and investment in southeast had made them more able to survive without the input of government, also their indigenous industries is second to none in Nigeria.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. by Tmb78(m): 8:07am On Dec 22, 2023
spagettiluv:
you dey mind the ignorant mofo who sit in his hut to Dey type rubbish.
He should try visit iwo road alone to see how ibos keep alighting from bus every seconds
And to make matters worse, some of those writing rubbish are the ones on our streets and traffics selling key holders, gala, lacasera and movie discs

Yet, they are big business men and women, importers and exporters online

Our Lord is indeed wonderful😂😂😂😂

I mostly leave them to their delusions sha!
Since they are not hurting anyone but themselves by living in fools paradise😁😁

9 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. by tsdarkside(m): 8:09am On Dec 22, 2023
jude79:

Shut it, I have traveled to all parts of Nigeria, southeast has the highest standard of living, most live in decent modern apartment with modern toilet facilities, they are closely followed by South South, Southwest tends to shy away from individual structures, so they tends to live in old structures, without toilet facilities.

prove it by stayin their....

and dont dare add us south southerners to you....
we dont go around beatin our chests....

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. by itsIYKE(m): 8:09am On Dec 22, 2023
Tmb78:
The lies you all tell yourselves sha😂😂

You all like to talk as if igbos in west are mostly importers and exporters of goods and spare parts alone
Of course, we have igbos doing businesses like that
Even some sell wares in our markets in the West

But a good number of igbos too are doing menial jobs like farming, vigilantes in our estates and some are teachers too.

I know some who are wine tappers in ondo villages

What is happening in reality is very far from what you all write here and it's funny and pathetic as hell

The lies here are all from you, yours is also mixed with delusions.

What percentage of Igbos are doing menial jobs anywhere in the SW compared to the ones into serious trading in Lagos?

You know a palm wine tapper in ondo, I know multiple dozens of Agbo-selling Yoruba women roaming the streets of Onitsha and other parts of Anambra.

Igbos are scattered everywhere in Nigeria and the world in general seeking new opportunities, you can keep swimming in your delusion that there is something special about your dusty rickety SW.

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. by spagettiluv: 8:09am On Dec 22, 2023
Workch:
first picture is ogbomoso, the other is nsukka, they are the second largest towns in their respective states. you dont need to be told which has the higher standard of living
there you go again,SW towns,cities always have the ancient part and the new part.

Why Pull drone view of areas with ancients buildings in ogbomosho compare with areas developed less than 5yrs ago just to deceive his gullible people?
Do not forget same Nsukka as ancient part as well.

I know ogbomosho well,next time,show views of estates,new sites,GRAs,beautiful areas in ogbomosho

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. by spagettiluv: 8:12am On Dec 22, 2023
Goodday90:
The standard of living in most south west region is low,you can still take 20 naira bike in Ibadan,and a colleague of mine bought half plot of land for 200,000,where can you find such in igboland,not even in Ebonyi state

And 300 can make a full pot of soup in Yoruba land,just buy 100 ewedu,100 pepper,100 naira tomato and then maggi 200 naira
maybe not the Ibadan in Nigeria
At least,If you wan lie,lie with sense

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. by Armaggedon: 8:12am On Dec 22, 2023
spagettiluv:
trash.
Stop listening to radio Biafra

Don’t tell me the nwa boy boy who sells gala and lacasera in hold up are part of what yoh listed up there
they are!

They're the ones that end up taking over the economy of Lagos.

Re: Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. by Brenbentondiaz: 8:13am On Dec 22, 2023
nedu666:

Millions of lgbos in Ibadan, Millions in ogun. Every one is claiming Millions of lgbos in their state, then how many lgbos are there in Nigeria. Don’t you see how stupid you sound

It's possible that there are millions of ibos in those states, if you consider the fact that ibos left in those backward villages in the 5 plots of land region can't be up to 200k in population. Basically 90% of hawkers in traffic and wheelbarrow hawkers in all regions are ibos (yeah I know they're all billionaires that are hawking just to be busy).

14 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. by Tmb78(m): 8:13am On Dec 22, 2023
Goodday90:

Pls, what about someone like me who doesn't eat ewedu, how much will my own cost?
Yeyenatu😂

To Igbo, all Yoruba's are ewedu eaters😁😁

And bro, please lie small, there is nowhere you will take bike of #20 in the whole of southwest.

At least, lie reasonably na!

13 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. by spagettiluv: 8:13am On Dec 22, 2023
Armaggedon:
they are!

They're the ones that end up taking over the economy of Lagos.
Ogun state economy is bigger than the whole SE.
Are you ibos the ones behind it too ?

11 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. by itsIYKE(m): 8:13am On Dec 22, 2023
Tmb78:
And to make matters worse, some of those writing rubbish are the ones on our streets and traffics selling key holders, gala, lacasera and movie discs

Yet, they are big business men and women, importers and exporters online

Our Lord is indeed wonderful😂😂😂😂

I mostly leave them to their delusions sha!
Since they are not hurting anyone but themselves by living in fools paradise😁😁
You can focus on the ones on your level, I guess those hawkers are the ones you meet daily because you are most likely hawking in traffic too😂😂

They one’s erecting houses everywhere that give you envy eye gobs sleepless nights are in the majority and they are not your class so you don’t know them

Re: Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. by Tmb78(m): 8:14am On Dec 22, 2023
spagettiluv:
maybe not the Ibadan in Nigeria
I wonder o
The same Ibadan, kai!

Re: Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. by abdeefggh: 8:14am On Dec 22, 2023
kettykin:

.are igbos flocking south west or Lagos, the number of igbos in Niger delta is almost 50 times the number of igbos in south west aside Lagos

Lol how many igbos are in Lagos? igbos in Ibadan are obviously more than igbos in Lagos, the problem is that they dare not cross their boundary in Ibadan unless they want to leave that day

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. by Workch: 8:14am On Dec 22, 2023
spagettiluv:
there you go again,SW towns,cities always have the ancient part and the new part.

Why Pull drone view of areas with ancients buildings in ogbomosho compare with areas developed less than 5yrs ago just to deceive his gullible people?
Do not forget same Nsukka as ancient part as well.

I know ogbomosho well,next time,show views of estates,new sites,GRAs,beautiful areas in ogbomosho
This is a city called Plovdiv in Bulgaria, it is the oldest city in europe still standing, established in 600BCE.
if your claim about age of southwest cities is true, then when is Plovdiv looking better than Ogbomoso even as Plovdiv is 100 of years older?

The answer is probably that the people of southwest dont have enough resources to renovate their houses. It is a good marker for poverty and the ability to modernize. if money were made available to most yorubas, do you think that they want to keep living in cement-coated mud houses with leaking brown roofs?

There is no excuse for southwest towns to look so godforsaken, it still reinforces the fact that standard of living in better in southeast then any state in southwest outside of Lagos

Re: Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. by Brenbentondiaz: 8:15am On Dec 22, 2023
Tmb78:
The lies you all tell yourselves sha😂😂

You all like to talk as if igbos in west are mostly importers and exporters of goods and spare parts alone
Of course, we have igbos doing businesses like that
Even some sell wares in our markets in the West

But a good number of igbos too are doing menial jobs like farming, vigilantes in our estates and some are teachers too.

I know some who are wine tappers in ondo villages

What is happening in reality is very far from what you all write here and it's funny and pathetic as hell

You can't deliver an ibo from the lies his blodas tell him regularly when they visit him from other regions in his village in December.

Re: Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. by abdeefggh: 8:16am On Dec 22, 2023
itsIYKE:
You can focus on the ones on your level, I guess those hawkers are the ones you meet daily because you are most likely hawking in traffic too😂😂

They one’s erecting houses everywhere that give you envy eye gobs sleepless nights are in the majority and they are not your class so you don’t know them

All the good houses in SW are owned by igbos

Re: Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. by spagettiluv: 8:17am On Dec 22, 2023
Workch:
This is a city called Plovdiv in Bulgaria, it is the oldest city in europe still standing, established in 600BCE.
if you claim about age of southwest cities is true, then when is Plovdiv looking better than Ogbomoso even as Plovdiv is 100 of years older?

The answer is probably than the people of southwest dont have enough resources to renovate their houses.
Re: Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. by skj1377(m): 8:18am On Dec 22, 2023
FatherOfJesus:
the reason people migrate to southwest is because of lagos, it's the same reason why Segun in ado-Ekiti will prefer to move to Lagos
. The economic power house of southwest is Ibadan . Lagos gained prominence due to federal capital status just like Abuja is doing. We have alot of Ibos on my street in Ogun state. They engage in tailoring , selling provisions , drugs etc their children are also here going to schools . Many of them are married to Ibo women . Now imagine several years down the line they start saying their region is better.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. by skj1377(m): 8:18am On Dec 22, 2023
FatherOfJesus:
. The economic power house of southwest is Ibadan . Lagos gained prominence due to federal capital status just like Abuja is doing. We have alot of Ibos on my street in Ogun state. They engage in tailoring , selling provisions , drugs etc their children are also here going to schools . Many of them are married to Ibo women . Now imagine several years down the line they start saying their region is better. Why then did they migrate

Re: Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. by Workch: 8:22am On Dec 22, 2023
spagettiluv:
they don’t renovate,they just neglect the ancient buildings to go build mansion cos land surplus
People live in these houses, there no excuse to have more 70% of a city covered in dilapidated cemented-coated mud houses with leaking brown roofs. The only explanation is that :
1. people abandon these house and move to Lagos.
2. People are living in them in pitiable situation.

The latter is more probable because of the population figures coming out of these states. If people are not living in these rustic roofs, where are the figures coming from?

Re: Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. by Tmb78(m): 8:22am On Dec 22, 2023
itsIYKE:

Oh, thank God for small favours
We are getting somewhere
So you finally admit you hawk in traffic?

igbos always claim they ALL have big companies and have yorubas as their employees😂

Thank you Jesus for this wonderful confession!😂😂

Re: Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. by spagettiluv: 8:32am On Dec 22, 2023
Workch:
People live in these houses, there no excuse to have more 70% of a city covered in dilapidated cemented-coated mud houses with leaking brown roofs. The only explanation is that :
1. people abandon these house and move to Lagos.
2. People are living in them in pitiable situation.

The latter is more probable because of the population figures coming out of these states. If people are not living in these rustic roofs, where are the figures coming from?
you go just sit in a corner of your hut and start pulling statistics from your anus.
We don’t blame you tho,you are just ignorant

Elebu village,Ibadan

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. by itsIYKE(m): 8:36am On Dec 22, 2023
Tmb78:
Oh, thank God for small favours
We are getting somewhere
So you finally admit you hawk in traffic?

igbos always claim they ALL have big companies and have yorubas as their employees😂

Thank you Jesus for this wonderful confession!😂😂

Yoruba claims of sophistication is very well manifested in multitudes of your women and girls hawking agbo all over the streets of Onitsha and Aba😂😂
The lord is good

Re: Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. by spagettiluv: 8:37am On Dec 22, 2023
itsIYKE:
Yoruba claims of sophistication is very well manifested in multitudes of your women and girls hawking agbo all over the streets of Onitsha and Aba😂😂
The lord is good
anothet lie from omo ibo to deceive his gullible ipob members.
No sane Yoruba man/woman will see SE as his or her next destination

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. by Jokerman(m): 8:37am On Dec 22, 2023
Armaggedon:
Oyo is industrialised?

Your write-up sounds so insecure and defensive that one cannot think twice in concluding you're a ronu.

Apart from Ibadan, where else in Oyo state is decent?🙂

Re: Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. by itsIYKE(m): 8:38am On Dec 22, 2023
skj1377:
. The economic power house of southwest is Ibadan . Lagos gained prominence due to federal capital status just like Abuja is doing. We have alot of Ibos on my street in Ogun state. They engage in tailoring , selling provisions , drugs etc their children are also here going to schools . Many of them are married to Ibo women . Now imagine several years down the line they start saying their region is better. Why then did they migrate
The Chinese are in their thousands in Nigeria.😂

Nigeria is better than China that’s why they migrated….very sophisticated and smart Yoruba man😂😂

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. by Workch: 8:39am On Dec 22, 2023
[quote author=spagettiluv post=127568783][/quote]this is ibaban. Although not the whole of Ibadan, from this picture, you can see a typical example of what we are talking about. 80% of people in this picture are probably living under a pitiatble situations.

you can see the cocoa house and its environ not taking up to 20% of the total area, you cannot tell me that people dont live in 80% remainder in this picture, if so where is the about 5million population of Ibadan coming from?

I am from Umuahia, Ibadan is larger and obviously has better road and public infrastructure than Umuahia but 80% of Umuahia people dont live under rustic roof and muddy houses. I am not saying that these kind of buliding dont exist in Umuahia but it is about 20%.

This the issue i have with cities in southwest, the people dont live fine.

The first picture is Ibadan, the other is Umuahia. You can hardly find people living in conglomerate of rustic dead houses in southeast

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Nigeria Nears OPEC’s Renegotiated 1.5 Million BPD Quota / 2027: I’m Not Desperate To Be President — Peter Obi / Why Oyo-roba Muslims Are In Total Support Of Emir Akanbi

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80