Stats: 3,157,900 members, 7,834,993 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:08 AM

Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. (7863 Views)

Biafra: Southsouth And Southeast Are One And Indivisible - Akwa-ibomite / Congratulations To Southwest And South South. / Warri South, Southwest And North Belongs To Yoruba. Oodua Man Claims (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. by Nice2023(m): 12:57pm On Dec 22, 2023
flokii:
Trash..

1. Standard of living in South West is far far better than South East, reason the Igbos flock into SW en masse. Cost of food and other basic commodities are cheaper and affordable in SW than SE where most commodities are sold at ridiculous prices.

2. Cost of Lands in SW is relatively affordable for most people to buy regardless of ethnicity provided they make judicious use of the land whereas a tiny piece of land in SE can sell for 30 - 40 million, is that not
greed?.. Who will go and drop 30 million for one thief in SE when the same money will buy lands in SW and complete choice investments.

3. Last but not least.. South West no be South East mate in anyway.. Oyo State is the same size as all 5 South East States put together, Ibadan is bigger than 3 South East States combined, so what are we saying?.
If Oyo is industrialized and SE isn't.. then why compare?

U need to travel and stop being too local.
Re: Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. by Omoawoke2(m): 12:59pm On Dec 22, 2023
FatherOfJesus:
Well, if you post a pictotial landscape of a town in southeast and southwest, you will see sharp differences in the standard of living.

Maybe you haven’t seen Ebonyi, Enugu and Onitsha slums

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKVAq9uSwXU

Re: Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. by Omoawoke2(m): 1:01pm On Dec 22, 2023
skj1377:
The reason people migrate to a region is for better prospects . This simply means lack of satisfaction in their region for one reason or the other. How many Nigerians have migrated to Somalia or Afghanistan or Yemen. Now imagine some funny guy from Yemen telling you Ibadan is underdeveloped or has zinc rusted roofs then backs up his claim with pictures from a city in Yemen.

Anybody comparing southeast to southwest is mad

There’s nothing to compare. The only reason igbos hate southwesterners is because they see southwest as far ahead thus very bitter and envious

Southwest is not the mate of southeast in any ramification

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. by Omoawoke2(m): 1:02pm On Dec 22, 2023
FatherOfJesus:
I think it's natural for people to relocate closer to the economic hub of a country which is Lagos. It's the same reason why many Yorubas also relocate to Lagos.
If you remove Lagos, I don't see any difference because I have toured both places

Removing Lagos from the list already disrupted the balance. Lagos is a southwestern state and the majority tribe in Lagos is Yoruba. So the work of all the Yorubas in Lagos should be discarded to please igbos? Is Lagos in the southeast?

Re: Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. by Omoawoke2(m): 1:10pm On Dec 22, 2023
Workch:
this is ibaban. Although not the whole of Ibadan, from this picture, you can see a typical example of what we are talking about. 80% of people in this picture are probably living under a pitiatble situations.

you can see the cocoa house and its environ not taking up to 20% of the total area, you cannot tell me that people dont live in 80% remainder in this picture, if so where is the about 5million population of Ibadan coming from?

I am from Umuahia, Ibadan is larger and obviously has better road and public infrastructure than Umuahia but 80% of Umuahia people dont live under rustic roof and muddy houses. I am not saying that these kind of buliding dont exist in Umuahia but it is about 20%.

This the issue i have with cities in southwest, the people dont live fine.

The first picture is Ibadan, the other is Umuahia. You can hardly find people living in conglomerate of rustic dead houses in southeast

See people living fine in Enugu

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKVAq9uSwXU

Re: Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. by Omoawoke2(m): 1:13pm On Dec 22, 2023
spagettiluv:
dude he thinking Ibadan starts and ends in BEREE

The ipob cannibals know, they pretend they don’t.

We have shown them even drone videos of Ibadan.

We have shown them a tour round Ibadan with your tube videos, yet they rather lie to themselves that their filthy region is doing better

Re: Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. by BeautifulMind2: 1:14pm On Dec 22, 2023
spagettiluv:
Ogun state economy is bigger than the whole SE.
Are you ibos the ones behind it too ?
Empty 🧠 please can you mention sectors that contributes to economy in Nigeria let start from there, I want you to prove to me how Ogun economy is bigger than all Southeast
Re: Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. by Omoawoke2(m): 1:15pm On Dec 22, 2023
BeautifulMind2:

Empty 🧠 please can you mention sectors that contributes to economy in Nigeria let start from there, I want you to prove to me how Ogun economy is bigger than all Southeast

Go and argue with facts and figures.

You producers of fake foods and drinks

Re: Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. by BeautifulMind2: 1:19pm On Dec 22, 2023
Omoawoke2:

Some of you are swimming in ignorance do you know Trade contribute more to GDP than industry, Do you know that Anambra have more commercial activities than Ogun and Oyo join together That's the point you guys failed to understand
Re: Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. by BeautifulMind2: 1:20pm On Dec 22, 2023
Omoawoke2:

Anambra and Abia control indigenous industries more than any state in Nigeria
Re: Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. by BeautifulMind2: 1:22pm On Dec 22, 2023
Omoawoke2:

You guys are so empty to think only industries contribute to economy because of foreign companies that dominate in your region, go and check major contributors to economy in Nigeria
Re: Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. by Omoawoke2(m): 1:23pm On Dec 22, 2023
BeautifulMind2:

You guys are so empty to think only industries contribute to economy because of foreign companies that dominate in your region, go and check major contributors to economy in Nigeria

Who says only industries?

You guys are so backward to think selling spare parts and okrika is so important to our economy. You guys contribute nothing. You are lazy and not intelligent

Re: Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. by BeautifulMind2: 1:27pm On Dec 22, 2023
Omoawoke2:

Traders are swimming in money unlike local factory workers earning salaries in your region, that's why there are high concentration of multi storey buildings in Anamabra and Abia, while factory workers in your region are struggling to build bungalow, those making money are companies owners and state government, that's is what is called formal economy, while informal economy enrich traders than government, that's why standard of living is high in Southeast than west

Re: Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. by BeautifulMind2: 1:29pm On Dec 22, 2023
Omoawoke2:

Who says only industries?

You guys are so backward to think selling spare parts and okrika is so important to our economy. You guys contribute nothing. You are lazy and not intelligent
Anambra alone boast of 48 standard markets with many importers, including West African largest market.
Re: Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. by Omoawoke2(m): 1:30pm On Dec 22, 2023
BeautifulMind2:

Anambra and Abia control indigenous industries more than any state in Nigeria

Prove it

The largest indigenous companies in Nigeria, how many are eastern owned?

Go to Lagos, Ogun, Oyo and see thousands of Yoruba owned indigenous companies

For instance, Yorubas control the educational sector with schools like covenant universities, redeemers , Babcock etc

What of finance, Yoruba owned banks like GTBank, Wema bank, union bank

What of tech industry. Yorubas dominate the tech industry by about 95%

Even local manufacturers in southwest are majority Yoruba owned
Thanks to Dangote, Hausas contribute a lot to the economy
What of telecommunications, We have Glo

The list goes on and on

Are these not contributors to economy. You think it’s by selling spare parts??

Re: Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. by Omoawoke2(m): 1:32pm On Dec 22, 2023
BeautifulMind2:

Anambra alone boast of 48 standard markets with many importers, including West African largest market.

I understand the educational gap, you must have studied in one local school in the east and don’t have sound knowledge like that. If not you won’t regard markets and importation like that. Are this what you call indigenous? Importation?? What does importation do to your trade balance as a a nation?

Are you really smart? Please try to upgrade your quality of education

Re: Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. by LeonSaab: 1:34pm On Dec 22, 2023
Armaggedon:
that's why they have the least poverty rate.
That's why they have highest literacy rate.
That's why they have the most productive economy.

Tell me where you are the best without the input of Igbos and foreigners?
most productive economy....lol....if you're economy is that productive shebi it will show in your IGR? Tell me which se state is among the top ten in IGR? and outside of Lagos Ogun is the most Economical viable state in Nigeria so no dey dull yourself
w

Re: Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. by Omoawoke2(m): 1:34pm On Dec 22, 2023
BeautifulMind2:

Traders are swimming in money unlike local factory workers earning salaries in your region, that's why there are high concentration of multi storey buildings in Anamabra and Abia, while factory workers in your region are struggling to build bungalow, those making money are companies owners and state government, that's is what is called formal economy, while informal economy enrich traders than government, that's why standard of living is high in Southeast than west

If we count the total number of the most beautiful houses in southeast. I mean everything all together and have a single number for it. Let’s make an assumption, if we count the most sophisticated properties in the entire southeast including Aba, Imo, Anambra, Ebonyi and Enugu and let’s assume we arrive at 100,000.
That 100,000 is not enough to fit into Ibadan alone.

Re: Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. by BeautifulMind2: 1:34pm On Dec 22, 2023
Omoawoke2:

Prove it

The largest indigenous companies in Nigeria, how many are eastern owned?

Go to Lagos, Ogun, Oyo and see thousands of Yoruba owned indigenous companies

For instance, Yorubas control the educational sector with schools like covenant universities, redeemers , Babcock etc

What of finance, Yoruba owned banks like GTBank, Wema bank, union bank

What of tech industry. Yorubas dominate the tech industry by about 95%

Even local manufacturers in southwest are majority Yoruba owned
Thanks to Dangote, Hausas contribute a lot to the economy
What of telecommunications, We have Glo

The list goes on and on

Are these not contributors to economy. You think it’s by selling spare parts??

Every Nigerians even your leaders knows that Igbos dominate indigenous industries, if you are not dumbo Igbos control spare parts motors in Nigeria, not just spare parts, do you know how much they are making Those spare parts sellers can feed you all your life without blinking
Re: Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. by Omoawoke2(m): 1:37pm On Dec 22, 2023
BeautifulMind2:

Every Nigerians even your leaders knows that Igbos dominate indigenous industries, if you are not dumbo Igbos control spare parts motors in Nigeria, not just spare parts, do you know how much they are making Those spare parts sellers can feed you all your life without blinking

Nope, every deluded ipob believes that.
When you ask for indigenous companies, people all over the world will point to southwest Nigeria

I just gave you examples of indigenous companies, you are yet to give me where you dominate

Okay let’s play a game

Yorubas dominate the educational sector with private schools like covenant, redeemers university

Oya your turn, give me one and I’ll reply you with another

Re: Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. by BeautifulMind2: 1:38pm On Dec 22, 2023
Omoawoke2:

I understand the educational gap, you must have studied in one local school in the east and don’t have sound knowledge like that. If not you won’t regard markets and importation like that. Are this what you call indigenous? Importation?? What does importation do to your trade balance as a a nation?

Are you really smart? Please try to upgrade your quality of education
Trade contribute 15.7% to Nigeria economy Industrial sector contribute 9% I hope you know that
Re: Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. by BeautifulMind2: 1:40pm On Dec 22, 2023
Omoawoke2:

When you ask for indigenous companies, people all over the world will point to southwest Nigeria

I just gave you examples of indigenous companies, you are yet to give me where you dominate

Okay let’s play a game

Yorubas dominate the educational sector with private schools like covenant, redeemers university

Service sector which all those institutions you listed belong Anambra top all the states in Southwest in service sector

Re: Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. by Omoawoke2(m): 1:43pm On Dec 22, 2023
BeautifulMind2:

Trade contribute 15.7% to Nigeria economy Industrial sector contribute 9% I hope you know that

When they say trade, what do you mean by trade?

I can sense that you are one local Igbo boy who lacks sophisticated education, so let me help you to your standard of education

The word trade doesn’t mean selling and buying physical products like okrika and spare parts
Trade is very complex for instance when normal people in finance use the word trade, they refer to the stock market. Selling and buying of securities and assets and that’s a very huge market. That’s where billionaires play.

So whenever you see trade, a local Igbo boy like you think it’s the one you do in Alaba. No that’s not it

Re: Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. by BeautifulMind2: 1:43pm On Dec 22, 2023
Omoawoke2:

Okay let’s play a game

Service sector

Re: Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. by BeautifulMind2: 1:44pm On Dec 22, 2023
Omoawoke2:

I can sense that you are one local Igbo boy who lacks sophisticated education, so let me help you to your standard of education

The word trade doesn’t mean selling and buying physical products like okrika and spare parts
Trade is very complex for instance when normal people in finance use the word trade, they refer to the stock market. Selling and buying of securities and assets and that’s a very huge market. That’s where billionaires play.

So whenever you see trade, a local Igbo boy like you think it’s the one you do in Alaba. No that’s not it
O.d...e when you say industrial sector you forgot that oil and gas play the major role Otondo
Re: Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. by Nigercity: 1:45pm On Dec 22, 2023
Omoawoke2:

If we count the total number of the most beautiful houses in southeast. I mean everything all together and have a single number for it. Let’s make an assumption, if we count the most sophisticated properties in the entire southeast including Aba, Imo, Anambra, Ebonyi and Enugu and let’s assume we arrive at 100,000.
That 100,000 is not enough to fit into Ibadan alone.
grin grin grin your are such a f grin angry >:l
This foolishness of a thing no body sabi am pass you😂🤣😂🤣
You first said that Yoruba owns manufacturing companies in Nigeria 🤣😂I even rolled on the floor reading that, even Hausa pipo get manufacturing company pass Una
Even one of your Yoruba kings was complaining about it, openly few Years ago! Saying that your people are lacking behind in manufacturing! I know you Saw the letter he wrote angry
It trended!

Now you said counting all fine fine House, in a region dominated with exotic houses should be 100,000 (do you mean Nnewi alone or oba alone) because the last time I checked onistha is almost being built up down to Owerri and in less than 20 years from now, the would be classified as one city! (Use Google map and verify! Technology has made things easier) The distance of that metropolis is more than 3 times the size of Lagos landmass!
Anyway continue the augrement
Please don't quote me
I won't reply 😂😃
I like you biko grin grin
Your stupidity dey entertain me for here!
Re: Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. by BeautifulMind2: 1:46pm On Dec 22, 2023
Omoawoke2:

Anu those traders control majority of containers that enter the country
Re: Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. by Omoawoke2(m): 1:49pm On Dec 22, 2023
BeautifulMind2:

Service sector

I though we were mentioning who had the most indigenous companies, you don fly go another topic again? grin

So in your list, why is Anambra not leading in Industry?

Re: Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. by BeautifulMind2: 1:50pm On Dec 22, 2023
Empty brains you believe only industrial sector contribute to economy because Foreigners dominate in your region and you rule out other sectors and indigenous industries because that's areas Igbos control
Re: Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. by BeautifulMind2: 1:51pm On Dec 22, 2023
Omoawoke2:

I though we were mentioning who had the most indigenous companies, you don fly go another topic again? grin

So in your list, why is Anambra not leading in Industry?
Otondo that sectors that contribute to economy so stop wasting your time mentioning those institutions they all belong to service sector, how about transportation sector
Re: Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. by Omoawoke2(m): 1:53pm On Dec 22, 2023
Nigercity:

grin grin grin your are such a f grin angry >:l
This foolishness of a thing no body sabi am pass you😂🤣😂🤣
You first said that Yoruba owns manufacturing companies in Nigeria 🤣😂I even rolled on the floor reading that, even Hausa pipo get manufacturing company pass Una
Even one of your Yoruba kings was complaining about openly few ago! Saying that your people are lacking behind in manufacturing! I know you later he wrote
It trended!

Now you said counting all fine fine House, in a region dominated with exotic houses should be 100,000 (do you mean Nnewi alone or oba alone) because the last time I checked onistha is almost being built up down to Owerri and in less than 20 years from now, the would be classified as one city! (Use Google map and verify! Technology has made things easier) The distance of that metropolis is more than 3 times the size of Lagos landmass!
Anyway continue the augrement
Please don't quote me
I won't reply 😂😃
I like you biko grin grin
Your stupidity dey entertain me for here!

I can imagine you speaking with your thick igbotic accent, with that Igbotic mannerism, talking from the sides of the mouth

Don’t blame me for your low comprehension.

Have you heard of making an assumption and giving it a figure before?
Nigeria educational system is in terrible condition seriously. This is what a 15 year old kid will read and understand easily in developed world.

When we say assume and give it a single figure, it is done for easier estimates. I could have said any figure, I could have said 1,000. Illiterates everywhere

Re: Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. by Omoawoke2(m): 1:54pm On Dec 22, 2023
BeautifulMind2:

Anu those traders control majority of containers that enter the country

Don’t lie to me, you know go school. It’s not a shame, just talk truth

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Hon. Abdullateef, Lagos Ex-lawmaker Marries Two Friends As 3rd And 4tl / Aisha Buhari Travelling To US With Diplomatic Passport / Council Polls Deepen Rivers APC Crisis

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61