Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,957 members, 7,835,190 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:50 AM

Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. (7874 Views)

Biafra: Southsouth And Southeast Are One And Indivisible - Akwa-ibomite / Congratulations To Southwest And South South. / Warri South, Southwest And North Belongs To Yoruba. Oodua Man Claims (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. by Omoawoke2(m): 4:49pm On Dec 22, 2023
BeautifulMind2:

Your people full my state see one of your sister, may God continue to bless her hustle, let the ignorant ones continue deceiving themselves on Nairaland

I talk am say na gala you dey sell for road grin

How market bros

See as he seat down cross leg for street

Onye billionaire, manufacturer of fake drugs and foods

Btw, there’s no single proof they are Yorubas. Anybody can snap anybody and claim anything

2 Likes

Re: Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. by McStoic(m): 4:53pm On Dec 22, 2023
FatherOfJesus:
The dick measurement between southeast and southwest is not new to anyone here in nairaland and as someone who has toured both regions extensively, I have some observations to make so both parties can relate to it.
Kindly note that in this analysis, I'm not including Lagos state, Lagos is miles ahead of any state in southeast or southwest, hence I will focus more on the other 5 states in southwest.

1. Foreign large-scale Industrialization:
My observation is that southwest is more industrialized that southeast in general, particularly the states of Oyo nd Ogun hold more industries than any state in southeast. However, states like Abia, Anambra and Enugu are more industrialized than Osun, Ekiti and Ondo.

2. Local industrialization:
There's seem to be more of industries that are locally owned in southeast than southwest, particularly in Anambra and Abia. However, in Ogun nd Oyo, many local production are also taking place.

3. Agriculture:
Southwest is far ahead of southeast when it comes to agricultural production including livestocks etc. I'm of the knowledge that southeast is more of a consumer market when it comes to agriculture except from Local rice production happening in Ebonyi state.

4. Standard of living:
I will give this to southeast, southeastern usually don't like living in rickette and old looking houses as much as people from southwest. It is why when you look at the landscape of a town from southeast compared to that of southwest, southeast will most likely look better. Southeasterner invest a lot in buildings than southwest.

5. Commerce:
We have more commercial activity in southeast than southwest, Abia and Anambra are more commercialized than any state in southwest. This is not to say that Oyo and Ogun are not doing well here as well. After Lagos and probably Kano, no state in Nigeria compares to Abia and Anambra when it comes to commercial activity.

6. Federal government presence:
Southwest has more federal government impact than southeast. Southeasterner seem to be more independent of the government in whatever they do.

This is a decent overview and it should help us reach a common ground on this dick measurement.

Not a bad assessment if you ask me. The assessment simply shows that Federal Government has helped South West more than South East in developments. For a zone that was destroyed for 3 years of Civil War to still come out of the rubbles without external efforts, it's very commendable.

4 Likes

Re: Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. by McStoic(m): 4:57pm On Dec 22, 2023
itsIYKE:

Oga Zuzout from here

Standard of living in the east is way ahead of what is is in the west, Igbo people coming to do business in Lagos is what you interpret as “Flocking”, where ever there is an opportunity for business the Igbo man will be there even if it be the devils backyard.

Land is expensive in the east because of high demand, when you have a high number of indigenes with a serious purchasing power that is what you get, simple economics, rotten dilapidated villages littered all over the southwest is of no use to anybody reason real estate goes for Pennies

There the dimwit goes again using landmass to beat chest, the whole of southwest minus Lagos will fit into Niger state now go and cry by the corner, if you don’t know what real development indexes are.

Aptly fixed. No mind the slowpoke. Does he know how small Israel is when compared to other larger countries they dominate technologically? Him think say na by size...
Re: Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. by emerged01(m): 5:05pm On Dec 22, 2023
kettykin:

.are igbos flocking south west or Lagos, the number of igbos in Niger delta is almost 50 times the number of igbos in south west aside Lagos
Go and see your people in ogun state and Oyo state,even those in ibadan are losing their identity seriously. No wonder Reno said your language is fading away.
Re: Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. by leksite120(m): 5:20pm On Dec 22, 2023
itsIYKE:
So how does this your long irrelevant jargon change the fact that Igbos are also seeking out new opportunities because of high competition at home?

Is Igboland empty?…….halfsmart dimwit
I'm telling you that they're seeking out opportunities in a better environment. Not just seeking out opportunities.
Re: Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. by AK481(m): 5:20pm On Dec 22, 2023
kettykin:

.are igbos flocking south west or Lagos, the number of igbos in Niger delta is almost 50 times the number of igbos in south west aside Lagos

Igbos are not flocking SW, how many igbos can you find in ekiti ,ondo ,osun ,oyo?

4 Likes

Re: Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. by SSFeedsNigeria: 5:35pm On Dec 22, 2023
Poor education is why agbero and 💀 mining is now the most popular activity in SW. I’m talking about Saudi Arabia you’re mentioning Thailand. Go to Saudi prisons and see lots of Yoruba women waiting for the hangman or already hanged for doing drugs. That’s a fact you can’t deny.

spagettiluv:
is the bolded a joke?
You don’t even need google search to tell you those on execution list in ASIA.
The Tai police even confirmed it “ibos are the only cursed tribe in Africa “

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dASnWhwzL-Y
Re: Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. by BeautifulMind2: 5:43pm On Dec 22, 2023
spagettiluv:
this one don take it personal to Dey take pictures of those hustling.
How do we knw they are Yorubas when local Herb is been sold by all tribes.
Dey there Dey play.
They're Yorubas, if you doubt I will interview one of them and post the video on YouTube

2 Likes

Re: Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. by spagettiluv: 5:44pm On Dec 22, 2023
SSFeedsNigeria:
Poor education is why agbero and 💀 mining is now the most popular activity in SW. I’m talking about Saudi Arabia you’re mentioning Thailand. Go to Saudi prisons and see lots of Yoruba women waiting for the hangman or already hanged for doing drugs. That’s a fact you can’t deny.

we are yet to read news of your imagery “Yoruba women awaiting beheading” bullshit.

You don’t even need to search too much online before you see images of “Emeka and shibuso” awaiting execution in Cambodia
Re: Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. by spagettiluv: 5:46pm On Dec 22, 2023
AK481:

Igbos are not flocking SW, how many igbos can you find in ekiti ,ondo ,osun ,oyo?
visit ojoo,iwo road,you gonna see them in masses
alighting from God is good motor
Re: Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. by CSTRR: 6:04pm On Dec 22, 2023
nedu666:

Millions of lgbos in Ibadan, Millions in ogun. Every one is claiming Millions of lgbos in their state, then how many lgbos are there in Nigeria. Don’t you see how stupid you sound
When elections come, these same people will tell us that igbos are not many and can be overlooked.

Yeye people.
Re: Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. by Raskimonojendor: 6:10pm On Dec 22, 2023
spagettiluv:
is the bolded a joke?
You don’t even need google search to tell you those on execution list in ASIA.
The Tai police even confirmed it “ibos are the only cursed tribe in Africa “

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dASnWhwzL-Y
Ibo men are endangered species. They are littered on jails all over the world awaiting execution.

Re: Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. by Raskimonojendor: 6:11pm On Dec 22, 2023
More:

Re: Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. by Raskimonojendor: 6:11pm On Dec 22, 2023
Dem again

As at 2015, whopping over two thousand Ibo men had already been executed in Indonesia and 21 more were awaiting execution!

1 Like

Re: Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. by HBB1(m): 6:15pm On Dec 22, 2023
Goodnewsforlife:
let’s post pictures of estates in south west n south east

U igbos don’t understand that in Yoruba land there is enough land so nobody dare touch house that are family monuments n they have been built since 1960’s

U igbos will pick pictures of old settlements built in d 1960’s n compare it to houses built recently in d east

Those houses were built in the 1800s actually.

So they are even older
Re: Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. by maivd: 6:58pm On Dec 22, 2023
SSFeedsNigeria:

There are more Yoruba women in prison or already executed in Saudi Arabia for doing drugs. But hypocritical and delusional folks like you will keep deceiving themselves.
And you will never see them brag unlike your able bodied men who open tyre shops and cocaine business along side then open there gutter mouth and start claiming what you are not. We see through and beyond you phoney ant brains. You ain't shit.
Re: Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. by Emetex22(m): 6:59pm On Dec 22, 2023
Omoawoke2:

If we count the total number of the most beautiful houses in southeast. I mean everything all together and have a single number for it. Let’s make an assumption, if we count the most sophisticated properties in the entire southeast including Aba, Imo, Anambra, Ebonyi and Enugu and let’s assume we arrive at 100,000.
That 100,000 is not enough to fit into Ibadan alone.
You mean shit hole Ibadan 😆 🤣 😂, I love that Igbos are hated and jeered, it means they are doing something good, they are a pain in your ass, your bitterness and envy gives us energy to keep dominating

2 Likes

Re: Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. by Jcoleworld911: 7:08pm On Dec 22, 2023
BeautifulMind2:

Go to Areas dominated by Igbos in Lagos and areas dominated by Yorubas you will see the difference, even during presidential election once you guys sight well feed guys you assume he's Omo Igbo grin grin

We have the evidence 🤣
See below 👇

1 Like

Re: Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. by kenny160: 7:18pm On Dec 22, 2023
kettykin:

oga, if you have never been there before, dnt say u know...igbo are all over south west not only Lagos even many of them are my friends I am sure Yoruba are at your place too but to say they are only many in Lagos u are 100% wrong sir.
Re: Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. by kenny160: 7:20pm On Dec 22, 2023
flokii:

Go to Ogun State and Oyo State and see your people there in their millions.. Noone can pinpoint exactly what is driving Igbos away from South East.
don't mind him I don't knw you have replied him before I dropped mine
Re: Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. by kenny160: 7:21pm On Dec 22, 2023
flokii:

Go to Ogun State and Oyo State and see your people there in their millions.. Noone can pinpoint exactly what is driving Igbos away from South East.
don't mind him I don't knw you have replied him before I dro,pped mine
Re: Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. by itsIYKE(m): 7:28pm On Dec 22, 2023
leksite120:

I'm telling you that they're seeking out opportunities in a better environment. Not just seeking out opportunities.
Again being smart by half
How did you arrive this analysis? Dumb skull…better environment indeed 😂
Re: Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. by kenny160: 7:34pm On Dec 22, 2023
nedu666:

Millions of lgbos in Ibadan, Millions in ogun. Every one is claiming Millions of lgbos in their state, then how many lgbos are there in Nigeria. Don’t you see how stupid you sound
atleast you should be mature enough to talk without insult bro, no one mentioned million but know the fact that igbo are everywhere in southwest many of them and we are not fighting and let me give you what will make u angry as you have shifted your hatred from Northerners to Westerners....yoruba are accomodating than you guys even democratic.
Re: Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. by kenny160: 7:35pm On Dec 22, 2023
nedu666:

atleast you should be mature enough to talk without insult bro, no one mentioned million but know the fact that igbo are everywhere in southwest many of them and we are not fighting and let me give you what will make u angry as you have shifted your hat,red from Northerners to Westerners....yoruba are accomodating than you guys even democratic.
Re: Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. by dominic17: 8:08pm On Dec 22, 2023
Go to SE and see how Yorubas are hawking Agbor and order herbal drugs in every nook and crany in the SE, the place you will see Igbo in large numbers is Lagos which is as results of it being formal capital Just the way we have Yorubas flocking into Abuja now.
flokii:

Re: Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. by Abagworo(m): 8:54pm On Dec 22, 2023
The largest city in Nigeria isn't Lagos but Igbo heartland covering Asaba/Onitsha to Awka and Owerri. That's the largest built up area in Nigeria.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. by Antivirus92(m): 9:40pm On Dec 22, 2023
spagettiluv:
stop spewing rubbish,no sane Yoruba man or woman will wake up and decide SE is the next destination,what is the joy in going to places where the indigenes are running away in masses.
The amount of Yorubas in alaibo are not half the numbers of ibos in Ogbomosho let alone the entire SW.
meaning that millions of Yorubas in the south east are "INSANE"

You said it yourself
Re: Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. by ProblemChild1: 12:56am On Dec 23, 2023
spagettiluv:
oyo state is bigger than the whole SE
3 states in SE are same size with ibadan.
If 60% of Ibadan is slum,don’t you think the remaining beautiful 40% should be bigger than any of your tiny cities ?.
You shouldn’t forget oluyole,an area in Ibadan is bigger than a city In alaibo
Anambra alone Is bigger than Ibadan. Stop lying
Re: Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. by Alexis11: 1:27am On Dec 23, 2023
Tmb78:
And to make matters worse, some of those writing rubbish are the ones on our streets and traffics selling key holders, gala, lacasera and movie discs

Yet, they are big business men and women, importers and exporters online

Our Lord is indeed wonderful😂😂😂😂

I mostly leave them to their delusions sha!
Since they are not hurting anyone but themselves by living in fools paradise😁😁

You get it broo grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. by Alexis11: 1:55am On Dec 23, 2023
FatherOfJesus:
The dick measurement between southeast and southwest is not new to anyone here in nairaland and as someone who has toured both regions extensively, I have some observations to make so both parties can relate to it.
Kindly note that in this analysis, I'm not including Lagos state, Lagos is miles ahead of any state in southeast or southwest, hence I will focus more on the other 5 states in southwest.

1. Foreign large-scale Industrialization:
My observation is that southwest is more industrialized that southeast in general, particularly the states of Oyo nd Ogun hold more industries than any state in southeast. However, states like Abia, Anambra and Enugu are more industrialized than Osun, Ekiti and Ondo.

2. Local industrialization:
There's seem to be more of industries that are locally owned in southeast than southwest, particularly in Anambra and Abia. However, in Ogun nd Oyo, many local production are also taking place.

3. Agriculture:
Southwest is far ahead of southeast when it comes to agricultural production including livestocks etc. I'm of the knowledge that southeast is more of a consumer market when it comes to agriculture except from Local rice production happening in Ebonyi state.

4. Standard of living:
I will give this to southeast, southeastern usually don't like living in rickette and old looking houses as much as people from southwest. It is why when you look at the landscape of a town from southeast compared to that of southwest, southeast will most likely look better. Southeasterner invest a lot in buildings than southwest.

5. Commerce:
We have more commercial activity in southeast than southwest, Abia and Anambra are more commercialized than any state in southwest. This is not to say that Oyo and Ogun are not doing well here as well. After Lagos and probably Kano, no state in Nigeria compares to Abia and Anambra when it comes to commercial activity.

6. Federal government presence:
Southwest has more federal government impact than southeast. Southeasterner seem to be more independent of the government in whatever they do.

This is a decent overview and it should help us reach a common ground on this dick measurement.

This your post is influenced by Anambrafirst son pictures and other clowns pictures of Igbo land in comparison to brown roof areas in SW that made up less than 10% of SW land mass. grin
Re: Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. by Alexis11: 1:57am On Dec 23, 2023
Jokerman:

Is Owo the same as Ibadan?

Even Akure is not the same level as Ibadan, you are mentioning Owo... Lol..

Even Dugbe in Ibadan is bigger and better than Owo... Mtcheew

Stop talking about owo that way pls.
Re: Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. by Alexis11: 2:08am On Dec 23, 2023
Goodnewsforlife:
this is the same thing I keep telling u, I can bet u have never been to Ibadan before

My customer at dugbe who is igbo can’t say this cos he know there are 2 types of settlements in Ibadan n he knows nobody dare demolish family house

Let me burst your brain, every governor every senator every big man from Ibadan can trace their root to those same brown roof , so are u telling me none of them have money to rebuild d house?

My grandfather get houses for there n I don’t even know the location they just tell me, see in Ibadan u can have 500 houses all built on virgin land without demolishing any house

U igbos who have never been to d south west before are very easy to spot with this your brown roof rubbish

Many of u igbos who haven’t been here even believe we are typing from inside d brown roof

God bless you. Immediately I finish reading the op's comparison I confirmed that the guy has never been to Ibadan as claimed in his post.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (19) (Reply)

The Brain Box Of Nigeria: Anambra Or Ekiti? / Oyo Assembly Bans Smoking In Public Places / President Buhari's Major Achievements In The South East

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.