Stats: 3,152,824 members, 7,817,408 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:45 AM

Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. (7664 Views)

Biafra: Southsouth And Southeast Are One And Indivisible - Akwa-ibomite / Congratulations To Southwest And South South. / Warri South, Southwest And North Belongs To Yoruba. Oodua Man Claims (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. by spagettiluv: 8:39am On Dec 22, 2023
Jokerman:

Apart from Ibadan, where else in Oyo state is decent?🙂
ohh,ibadan is decent ?
But we thought it’s a city covered with 99% slum

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. by Jokerman(m): 8:39am On Dec 22, 2023
spagettiluv:
lmao
The amount of fl@tties in Ibadan should times two that of Kano.
They now found Ibadan as their new home

Yet they aren't the ones always begging at ShopRite, at Challange Ibadan?

Where else in Oyo state, apart from Ibadan?

Re: Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. by Tmb78(m): 8:39am On Dec 22, 2023
itsIYKE:
The lies here are all from you, yours is also mixed with delusions.

What percentage of Igbos are doing menial jobs anywhere in the SW compared to the ones into serious trading in Lagos?

You know a palm wine tapper in ondo, I know multiple dozens of Agbo-selling Yoruba women roaming the streets of Onitsha and other parts of Anambra.

Igbos are scattered everywhere in Nigeria and the world in general seeking new opportunities, you can keep swimming in your delusion that there something special about your dusty rickety SW.
I said palm wine tappers, not one.

And please leave Lagos for a minute, okay?

I am talking about other southwest states which you igbos like to denigrate at every opportunity

Your people plentyyyyy for there doing menial jobs not serious businesses

Talking about agbo sellers
I don't see why it's a problem if they are working hard to put food on their table
We never said they don't exist, or have we at any time?
That still doesn't mean there are no million Yoruba women doing other stuffs
Many are in Tech, Medicine, Engineering etc

Many of Your women are in our towns and villages too selling okporoko and garri and other local stuffs
we can't begrudge them and rubbish what they do, unlike you

Both set of women are hard workers.
We don't want them doing olosho now, do we?😂

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. by itsIYKE(m): 8:40am On Dec 22, 2023
spagettiluv:
any lie from omo ibo to deceive his gullible ipob members.
No sane Yoruba man/woman will see SE as his or her next destination
Oh yes the denial
You will alright 😂

Re: Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. by spagettiluv: 8:40am On Dec 22, 2023
Workch:
this ibaban. Although not the whole of Ibadan, from this picture, you can see a typical example of what we are talking about. 80% of people in this picture are probably living under a pitiatble situation.

you can see the cocoa house and its environ not taking up to 20% of the total area, you cannot tell me that people dont live in 80% remainder in this picture, if so where is the about 5million population of Ibadan coming from?

I am from Umuahia, Ibadan is larger and obviously has better road and public infrastructure than Umuahia but 80% of Umuahia people dont live under rustic roof and muddy houses. I am not saying that these kind of buliding dont exist in Umuahia but it is about 20%.

This the issue i have with cities in southwest, the people dont live fine.

The first picture is Ibadan, the other is Umuahia. You can hardly find people living in conglomerate of rustic dead houses in southeast
displaying the tiny brown roof areas over and over again,not even half of makoko

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. by Workch: 8:43am On Dec 22, 2023
spagettiluv:
you go just sit in a corner of your hut and start pulling statistics from your anus.
We don’t blame you tho,you are just ignorant

Elebu village,Ibadan
I am not saying that good settlements dont exist in Ibadan, that is impossible. what i am saying is of every 10 building in ibadan, 7 is rustic brown roof with mud but cement-coated.

this is clear to see if we dont cherrypick certain parts in ibadan but post the whole landscape of ibadan.

Re: Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. by spagettiluv: 8:44am On Dec 22, 2023
Workch:
this is ibaban. Although not the whole of Ibadan, from this picture, you can see a typical example of what we are talking about. 80% of people in this picture are probably living under a pitiatble situations.

you can see the cocoa house and its environ not taking up to 20% of the total area, you cannot tell me that people dont live in 80% remainder in this picture, if so where is the about 5million population of Ibadan coming from?

I am from Umuahia, Ibadan is larger and obviously has better road and public infrastructure than Umuahia but 80% of Umuahia people dont live under rustic roof and muddy houses. I am not saying that these kind of buliding dont exist in Umuahia but it is about 20%.

The first picture is Ibadan, the other is Umuahia. You can hardly find people living in conglomerate of rustic dead houses in southeast
That area is where Ibadan starts and ends .
Ignorant mofo

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. by Jokerman(m): 8:44am On Dec 22, 2023
spagettiluv:
ohh,ibadan is decent ?
But we thought it’s a city covered with 99% slum

I'm not among those that tell lies to promote agenda, being someone that has travelled round about 25/26 states in Nigeria
Re: Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. by itsIYKE(m): 8:44am On Dec 22, 2023
Tmb78:
I said palm wine tappers, not one.

And please leave Lagos for a minute, okay?

I am talking about other southwest states which you igbos like to denigrate at every opportunity

Your people plentyyyyy for there doing menial jobs not serious businesses

Talking about agbo sellers
I don't see why it's a problem if they are working hard to put food on their table
We never said they don't exist, or have we at any time?
That still doesn't mean there are no million Yoruba women doing other stuffs
Many are in Tech, Medicine, Engineering etc

Many of Your women are in our towns and villages too selling okporoko and garri and other local stuffs
we can't begrudge them and rubbish what they do, unlike you

Both set of women are hard workers.
We don't want them doing olosho now, do we?😂

The fact still remains that outside Lagos the SW is a dilapidated brown roof hot mess, that you have few igbos trading here and there does not improve its status😂😂

Re: Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. by Tmb78(m): 8:44am On Dec 22, 2023
itsIYKE:
Yoruba claims of sophistication is very well manifested in multitudes of your women and girls hawking agbo all over the streets of Onitsha and Aba😂😂
The lord is good
What about the ones leading in tech in Nigeria right about now?
Are they not yoruba women too?

So because we see Igbo women selling okporoko in our towns and villages all Igbo women are into such?

You will be alright some day!

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. by Workch: 8:45am On Dec 22, 2023
spagettiluv:

That area is where Ibadan starts and ends .
Ignorant mofo
Should post a broader landscape of Ibadan using google earth?

Technology eixst, its is hard to hide things nowadays

Re: Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. by spagettiluv: 8:46am On Dec 22, 2023
Workch:
this is ibaban. Although not the whole of Ibadan, from this picture, you can see a typical example of what we are talking about. 80% of people in this picture are probably living under a pitiatble situations.

Re: Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. by Jokerman(m): 8:47am On Dec 22, 2023
Goodday90:
The standard of living in most south west region is low,you can still take 20 naira bike in Ibadan,and a colleague of mine bought half plot of land for 200,000,where can you find such in igboland,not even in Ebonyi state

And 300 can make a full pot of soup in Yoruba land,just buy 100 ewedu,100 pepper,100 naira tomato and then maggi 200 naira

Lies. As at 2017, even before COVID... This your theory is not true .....

Re: Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. by spagettiluv: 8:47am On Dec 22, 2023
Workch:

have it

Re: Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. by Nonny95: 8:47am On Dec 22, 2023
skj1377:
The reason people migrate to a region is for better prospects . This simply means lack of satisfaction in their region for one reason or the other. How many Nigerians have migrated to Somalia or Afghanistan or Yemen. Now imagine some funny guy from Yemen telling you Ibadan is underdeveloped or has zinc rusted roofs then backs up his claim with pictures from a city in Yemen.

Is Nigeria or Africa better than China?

Lmao. Go and tell this to the Chinese.

Your god has been jumping from one country to another looking for investors. But your fellow country man coming to your state for business is now an issue. You be Mûmu

Re: Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. by Goodnewsforlife: 8:47am On Dec 22, 2023
itsIYKE:

Oga Zuzout from here

Standard of living in the east is way ahead of what is is in the west, Igbo people coming to do business in Lagos is what you interpret as “Flocking”, where ever there is an opportunity for business the Igbo man will be there even if it be the devils backyard.

Land is expensive in the east because of high demand, when you have a high number of indigenes with a serious purchasing power that is what you get, simple economics, rotten dilapidated villages littered all over the southwest is of no use to anybody reason real estate goes for Pennies

There the dimwit goes again using landmass to beat chest, the whole of southwest minus Lagos will fit into Niger state now go and cry by the corner, if you don’t know what real development indexes are.
a typical igbo

Pure illiterate

If south east has a better standard of living, y run from there to south west?
U are talking as if igbos are only in Lagos, go to d remotest village of osun n u will find igbos as palm wine tappers

Compare d rate of igbos that migrate to south west to the numbers of yorubas that move to south east

As regards d issue of land, u should know this is pure economics, there are very few lands available in d whole of south east so the competition is high for land purchase compared to only oyo state that is almost d same size as south east

In oyo state u can see a full plot for 500k

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. by itsIYKE(m): 8:48am On Dec 22, 2023
Tmb78:
What about the ones leading in tech in Nigeria right about now?
Are they not yoruba women too?

So because we see Igbo women selling okporoko in our towns and villages all Igbo women are into such?

You will be alright some day!
What about the Igbo women leading in tech, or you can’t see them?🙂
You will be fine

Re: Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. by spagettiluv: 8:48am On Dec 22, 2023
Workch:

here is the google earth image

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. by Christistruth00: 8:48am On Dec 22, 2023
SW leaders are bad but SE leaders are a Plague
They can sacrifice their people for as little as a a Trailer load of Hennessy

That was why Ojukwu was able to sacrifice 3 Million Precious Souls without battering an eyelid

Even Kanu like Ojukwu also announced on live Radio Broadcast that he was willing to Sacrifice all his People to the last man

It is obvious that people have not really processed what he said

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. by Jokerman(m): 8:49am On Dec 22, 2023
itsIYKE:
You can focus on the ones on your level, I guess those hawkers are the ones you meet daily because you are most likely hawking in traffic too😂😂

They one’s erecting houses everywhere that give you envy eye gobs sleepless nights are in the majority and they are not your class so you don’t know them

Ask if those hawkers or even the abokis that push wheelbarrow don't make more money than those that chase after Keke Marwa to collect owoda or teachers earning 5K per month iseyin 😂

Re: Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. by spagettiluv: 8:49am On Dec 22, 2023
Workch:

dude he thinking Ibadan starts and ends in BEREE

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. by Jokerman(m): 8:50am On Dec 22, 2023
abdeefggh:

All the good houses in SW are owned by igbos

No.
Re: Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. by Goodnewsforlife: 8:50am On Dec 22, 2023
FatherOfJesus:
Well, if you post a pictotial landscape of a town in southeast and southwest, you will see sharp differences in the standard of living.
let’s post pictures of estates in south west n south east

U igbos don’t understand that in Yoruba land there is enough land so nobody dare touch house that are family monuments n they have been built since 1960’s

U igbos will pick pictures of old settlements built in d 1960’s n compare it to houses built recently in d east

Re: Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. by Alaigbo(m): 8:50am On Dec 22, 2023
Foolish Igbo creating foolish n senseless thread daily to exhibit their foolish. How anyone can think any city in wretched Alaigbo is comparable to the SW is unfathomable.

How many houses in the East even make sense in you 2 by 2 land. Just imagine developing a 2 by 2 land ipob land with several hectares of land Yorubas as to develop.

Note that the entire 5 wretched Igbo state is not even as big as only Oyo state.

FatherOfJesus:
The dick measurement between southeast and southwest is not new to anyone here in nairaland and as someone who has toured both regions extensively, I have some observations to make so both parties can relate to it.
Kindly note that in this analysis, I'm not including Lagos state, Lagos is miles ahead of any state in southeast or southwest, hence I will focus more on the other 5 states in southwest.

1. Foreign large-scale Industrialization:
My observation is that southwest is more industrialized that southeast in general, particularly the states of Oyo nd Ogun hold more industries than any state in southeast. However, states like Abia, Anambra and Enugu are more industrialized than Osun, Ekiti and Ondo.

2. Local industrialization:
There's seem to be more of industries that are locally owned in southeast than southwest, particularly in Anambra and Abia. However, in Ogun nd Oyo, many local production are also taking place.

3. Agriculture:
Southwest is far ahead of southeast when it comes to agricultural production including livestocks etc. I'm of the knowledge that southeast is more of a consumer market when it comes to agriculture except from Local rice production happening in Ebonyi state.

4. Standard of living:
I will give this to southeast, southeastern usually don't like living in rickette and old looking houses as much as people from southwest. It is why when you look at the landscape of a town from southeast compared to that of southwest, southeast will most likely look better. Southeasterner invest a lot in buildings than southwest.

5. Commerce:
We have more commercial activity in southeast than southwest, Abia and Anambra are more commercialized than any state in southwest. This is not to say that Oyo and Ogun are not doing well here as well. After Lagos and probably Kano, no state in Nigeria compares to Abia and Anambra when it comes to commercial activity.

6. Federal government presence:
Southwest has more federal government impact than southeast. Southeasterner seem to be more independent of the government in whatever they do.

This is a decent overview and it should help us reach a common ground on this dick measurement.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. by Nonny95: 8:51am On Dec 22, 2023
Jokerman:

Lies. As at 2017, even before COVID... This your theory is not true .....

Story. As at 2022, I made POS withdrawal in Owo, Ondo state for a fee of 10 naira
Re: Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. by spagettiluv: 8:51am On Dec 22, 2023
Workch:

Re: Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. by Jokerman(m): 8:52am On Dec 22, 2023
Nonny95:

Story. As at 2022, I made POS withdrawal in Owo, Ondo state for a fee of 10 naira

Is Owo the same as Ibadan?

Even Akure is not the same level as Ibadan, you are mentioning Owo... Lol..

Even Dugbe in Ibadan is bigger and better than Owo... Mtcheew

Re: Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. by itsIYKE(m): 8:54am On Dec 22, 2023
Goodnewsforlife:
a typical igbo

Pure illiterate

If south east has a better standard of living, y run from there to south west?
U are talking as if igbos are only in Lagos, go to d remotest village of osun n u will find igbos as palm wine tappers

Compare d rate of igbos that migrate to south west to the numbers of yorubas that move to south east

As regards d issue of land, u should know this is pure economics, there are very few lands available in d whole of south east so the competition is high for land purchase compared to only oyo state that is almost d same size as south east

In oyo state u can see a full plot for 500k
Your generation is obviously cursed with Illiteracy since you believe the sole determinant of migration is standard of living, the Chinese, Indians and even Europeans scattered around the country are here because we have a better standard of living compared to their country?😂 what a gob

There is no fee land available in the south East, massive forests all parts of the east, The people just have a lot of disposable income I.e high purchasing power😂 the south west does not have this and even the ones that have are not interested in anywhere that is not Lagos…….leaving the towns and villages to rot with little or no investment

Re: Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. by Workch: 8:54am On Dec 22, 2023
spagettiluv:
have it
lol, this is it https://earth.google.com/web/@7.33713141,3.93927238,193.80724733a,3712.36053955d,35y,0h,0t,0r/data=OgMKATA

The link shows that Ibadan is a land of brown roofs

Re: Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. by spagettiluv: 8:54am On Dec 22, 2023
Workch:

google image has you have requested

Re: Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. by Workch: 8:55am On Dec 22, 2023
[quote author=spagettiluv post=127569344][/quote]You deceiving yourself grin

Re: Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. by ElSudani: 8:55am On Dec 22, 2023
On what basis would you exclude Lagos from the SW? Dumb analysis here, if you are going to compare both regions on what basis would you exclude a part of one region and still come to a fair comparison?
All these harebrained analysis on Nairaland.

11 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Obasanjo Visits Oshiomhole, Keeps Reporters Guessing On Mission / Yoruba People Won't Like This (photo) / Remember the ESN arrested yesterday. See them eating human being again VIDEO

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63