Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,898 members, 7,834,983 topics. Date: Monday, 20 May 2024 at 11:40 PM

Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. (7860 Views)

Biafra: Southsouth And Southeast Are One And Indivisible - Akwa-ibomite / Congratulations To Southwest And South South. / Warri South, Southwest And North Belongs To Yoruba. Oodua Man Claims (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. by spagettiluv: 9:17am On Dec 22, 2023
FatherOfJesus:
You don't live in 1900, everyone has access to Google earth now.

I don't have to be mentioning places when I can see them on Google earth as I am typing to you.
scroll up there,you will see the google image I posted from Ibadan

6 Likes

Re: Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. by spagettiluv: 9:20am On Dec 22, 2023
Tmb78:
I am not from Ibadan o, but I have visited many places there

Have you been to ologuneru
Felele
Oluyole estate
Bodija
Basorun
Ikolaba
Alegongo? Etc

Ibadan has many, many fine areas o but I guess the hate for anything Yoruba is beclouding you people's judgement
you Dey mind those lowl1fe?
Oluyole area which i see as one of the most beautiful areas in Ibadan is bigger than onitsha town
An area oo

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. by skj1377(m): 9:20am On Dec 22, 2023
itsIYKE:
The Chinese are in their thousands in Nigeria.šŸ˜‚

Nigeria is better than China thatā€™s why they migratedā€¦.very sophisticated and smart Yoruba manšŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚
. The Chinese hardly come to Nigeria with their families besides their presence in Nigeria is strictly business. They serve as agents for goods produced in their home country. The Ibos in Lagos come to make a life in Lagos. They don't produce what they are selling in most cases as they import them. Infact their economic activity is not exactly beneficial to the economy of both the region they reside in as well as the country at large.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. by Tmb78(m): 9:21am On Dec 22, 2023
Goodday90:
Last year when I was in Lagos,my friend would beg me to send 700 naira to his wife to cook ā€œSoupā€
I was always suprised because in igboland even Okporoko costs more than that
When you read what these igbos write online, I understand why some yorubas see them as duplicitous.
Haba!
Is it not the same igbos we know on our streets?
The ones we went to secondary and university with?
Or another Igbo?
You see them in remotest villages with their families doing menial jobs
where me a Yoruba can't even live
But they will be here forming billionaires, forming landlords
So pathetic!

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. by Goodday90(m): 9:21am On Dec 22, 2023
Alaigbo:
Is that your friend or hopeless Igbo father selling fan yogo ?!

there is Dignity in selling fan yogo than selling human skull and parts

7 Likes

Re: Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. by Goodnewsforlife: 9:23am On Dec 22, 2023
Nonny95:

Story. As at 2022, I made POS withdrawal in Owo, Ondo state for a fee of 10 naira
expecting sense from igbo is like expecting airplane in a seaport

Where did u withdraw using 10 naira

U igbos are bad liars

U canā€™t even lie honorably

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. by Goodday90(m): 9:23am On Dec 22, 2023
Tmb78:
When you read what these igbos write online, I understand why some yorubas see them as duplicitous.
Haba!
Is it not the same igbos we know on our streets?
The ones we went to secondary and university with?
Or another Igbo?
You see them in remotest villages with their families doing menial jobs
where me a Yoruba can't even live
But they will be here forming billionaires, forming landlords
So pathetic!
I didnā€™t form a millionaire
I am telling you how much the average Yoruba soups costs
Just make stew,with that same stew they will eat rice,eat egusi,ewedu and efo

This should show you I am not making these up
Re: Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. by SSFeedsNigeria: 9:24am On Dec 22, 2023
FatherOfJesus:
The dick measurement between southeast and southwest is not new to anyone here in nairaland and as someone who has toured both regions extensively, I have some observations to make so both parties can relate to it.
Kindly note that in this analysis, I'm not including Lagos state, Lagos is miles ahead of any state in southeast or southwest, hence I will focus more on the other 5 states in southwest.

1. Foreign large-scale Industrialization:
My observation is that southwest is more industrialized that southeast in general, particularly the states of Oyo nd Ogun hold more industries than any state in southeast. However, states like Abia, Anambra and Enugu are more industrialized than Osun, Ekiti and Ondo.

2. Local industrialization:
There's seem to be more of industries that are locally owned in southeast than southwest, particularly in Anambra and Abia. However, in Ogun nd Oyo, many local production are also taking place.

3. Agriculture:
Southwest is far ahead of southeast when it comes to agricultural production including livestocks etc. I'm of the knowledge that southeast is more of a consumer market when it comes to agriculture except from Local rice production happening in Ebonyi state.

4. Standard of living:
I will give this to southeast, southeastern usually don't like living in rickette and old looking houses as much as people from southwest. It is why when you look at the landscape of a town from southeast compared to that of southwest, southeast will most likely look better. Southeasterner invest a lot in buildings than southwest.

5. Commerce:
We have more commercial activity in southeast than southwest, Abia and Anambra are more commercialized than any state in southwest. This is not to say that Oyo and Ogun are not doing well here as well. After Lagos and probably Kano, no state in Nigeria compares to Abia and Anambra when it comes to commercial activity.

6. Federal government presence:
Southwest has more federal government impact than southeast. Southeasterner seem to be more independent of the government in whatever they do.

This is a decent overview and it should help us reach a common ground on this dick measurement.

Oyo is not more industrialized than Anambra or Abia. The biscuits factory, BAT, and now proctor and Gamble factories have all shut down. Only greater Lagos (including boundary areas with Ogun state) is industrialized than Abia and Anambra. That's a fact!

If not for Lagos, Ogun would have been as dead as Osun, Ekiti and the rest.

Igbos invest in decent housing simply because they have more disposable income and thus richer per capita than yorubas. I have not seen rich or even comfortable people living in slums. It's poor and wretched people that live in slums. All over SE cities, be it Onitsha, Aba, Enugu, Owerri etc. majority of the residents live in modern flats where they pay from 350,000 and above! Poor people can't afford that in Nigeria! However, compare with SW where majority live in slums and derelict shanties. If majority of their people are comfortable just like Igbos, they won't live in such deplorable conditions and that's simple logic!

5 Likes

Re: Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. by skj1377(m): 9:25am On Dec 22, 2023
Nonny95:

Is Nigeria or Africa better than China?

Lmao. Go and tell this to the Chinese.

Your god has been jumping from one country to another looking for investors. But your fellow country man coming to your state for business is now an issue. You be Mƻmu
. Oga it's not the same thing. The Chinese in Nigeria or Lagos are they trying to be governor or looking for political positions reserved for indigenes If Ibos come to Lagos for strictly business the issues in the last election will not arise . You have your region of the country that belongs to you yet you migrate to another person's region and start struggling political positions with them ! Oga tell your people to face their business while in Lagos just like the Chinese. They can go to their region and play politics

4 Likes

Re: Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. by Tmb78(m): 9:26am On Dec 22, 2023
itsIYKE:
What about the Igbo women leading in tech, or you canā€™t see them?šŸ™‚
You will be fine
Do you see us focusing on the okporoko and garri sellers leaving the ones in tech as if they don't exist?

Unlike you igbos who are always focusing on agbo sellers as if that's all there is to Yoruba women

Can you see the difference now?
I hope hate will allow you see it shašŸ˜‚

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. by Goodnewsforlife: 9:26am On Dec 22, 2023
Goodday90:
Last year when I was in Lagos,my friend would beg me to send 700 naira to his wife to cook ā€œSoupā€
I was always suprised because in igboland even Okporoko costs more than that
another one from igbo

They are always the ones helping the poor yorubas

Suddenly after d election they no longer insult Fulani again na Yoruba now them dey help 247

Igbos are now d ones feeding yorubaa

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. by Goodday90(m): 9:28am On Dec 22, 2023
Goodnewsforlife:
another one from igbo

Suddenly after d election they no longer insult Fulani again na Yoruba now them dey help 247

I didnā€™t say I helped him,I took my 700 cash from him
And why is everything about election to you yoruba,so we Yoruba and igbos loved ourselves and sang kumbaya before the elections?

Abeg go,I am not the cause of your life problems

Go elsewhere
Re: Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. by Antivirus92(m): 9:30am On Dec 22, 2023
spagettiluv:
soludo wasnā€™t lying when he said millions of ibos have escaped to SW
soludo said nothing like that
Re: Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. by jude79(m): 9:31am On Dec 22, 2023
tsdarkside:

prove it by stayin their....

and dont dare add us south southerners to you....
we dont go around beatin our chests....

Again shut it, can't understand the insecurity of a southwesterners always claiming South South and the irony is doing it to a bonafide scion, what kind of craziness is this, imagine the brazen audacity to use the word "dare"
staying in a remote village in oshogbo doesn't equate to knowing Nigeria, I'm in owerri now, precisely in a hotel near akwakuma junction, orlu Rd, last week I stayed in eket akwaibom state, this week monday, I was in ikot ekpene akwaibom, just at the border to abia state, was in Southwest ibadan last year tying up an agricultural deal, thus, emphasizing what the op said about Southwest and superiority in agriculture compared to southeast
Re: Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. by Tmb78(m): 9:33am On Dec 22, 2023
Goodnewsforlife:
another one from igbo

Abi o
In real life, we see them complaining, blaming their woes and hunger on yoruba for voting Tinubu despite the fact that millions like me didn't vote for him

But online, they are very rich, they don't even know what hunger is
Some are even boasting they will stop giving money (money they don't have o) to the yorubas šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

If you want to really know who they are, go to twitter and instagram, you will see them begging for as little as #1k
You know, they will drop their acct NosšŸ˜‚

Like I always say, the day the Igbo man will face reality and speak the truth is the day they will get their Biafra grin

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. by SSFeedsNigeria: 9:33am On Dec 22, 2023
spagettiluv:
you Dey mind those lowl1fe?
Oluyole area which i see as one of the most beautiful areas in Ibadan is bigger than onitsha town
An area oo

One funny thing about yorubas is how they lie to themselves and also believe it. Most of you reason without common sense and it can be quite disturbing. You claim oluyole area is bigger than Onitsha, yet reputable global rating agencies keeps reporting that greater Onitsha is the most built up area in Nigeria after Lagos. You think littering everywhere with shanties while Igbos build blocks of 5 stories stretching as far as the eyes can see, makes your city huge?

You people are utterly deluded with a touch of narcissism.

Spit.

4 Likes

Re: Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. by Goodnewsforlife: 9:34am On Dec 22, 2023
Goodday90:
And why is everything about election to you yoruba,so we Yoruba and igbos loved ourselves and sang kumbaya before the elections?

Go elsewhere
y d sudden attack on yorubas after d election?

At least we know all you igbos problem are fulanis but how come suddenly after d election yorubas started becoming d problem?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. by Antivirus92(m): 9:35am On Dec 22, 2023
tsdarkside:

This insecure Osun man will now like to involve south south because his south west people hardly achieve anything standing alone

3 Likes

Re: Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. by tsdarkside(m): 9:35am On Dec 22, 2023
jude79:

Again shut it, can't understand the insecurity of a southwesterners always claiming South South and the irony is doing it to a bonafide scion, what kind of craziness is this, imagine the brazen audacity to use the word "dare"
staying in a remote village in oshogbo doesn't equate to knowing Nigeria, I'm in owerri now, precisely in a hotel near akwakuma junction, orlu Rd, last week I stayed in eket akwaibom state, this week monday, I was in ikot ekpene akwaibom, just at the border to abia state, was in Southwest ibadan last year tying up an agricultural deal, thus, emphasizing what the op said about Southwest and superiority in agriculture compared to southeast

bwahaha....and the bashins continues....
you realy think you have the right to deny me my identity....??

who you think you be....??

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. by Tmb78(m): 9:39am On Dec 22, 2023
Goodday90:

Go elsewhere
You igbos are always linking everything
and I mean everything to the elections
Every news totally unrelated to the yorubas, you people will relate it to how we yorubas voted for Tinubu
So we should face the music

When in reality there are millions like me who didn't even vote for him.

So, stop asking such a question, your people are the ones doing that, so yorubas are responding in like manner and you know it deep down in your heart!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. by Goodday90(m): 9:40am On Dec 22, 2023
Goodnewsforlife:
y d sudden attack on yorubas after d election?

At least we know all you igbos problem are fulanis but how come suddenly after d election yorubas started becoming d problem?
so in your mind,Yoruba are folding their hands doing nothing and igbos are just attacking them,you donā€™t see your brothers attacking Igbo too here and on X?
Your people even have dedicated accounts on x for attacking Igbo people

Dey there make pant dey wear you?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. by Goodday90(m): 9:41am On Dec 22, 2023
Tmb78:
You igbos are always linking everything
and I mean everything to the elections
Every news totally unrelated to the yorubas, you people will relate it to how we yorubas voted for Tinubu
So we should face the music

When in reality there are millions like me who didn't even vote for him.

So, stop asking such a question, your people are the ones doing that, so yorubas are responding in like manner and you know it deep down in your heart!
here we go again,like the government feeds me
See,You can vote buahri again if you wish
None of my business

As far I am still eating and alive,good
Re: Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. by spagettiluv: 9:42am On Dec 22, 2023
SSFeedsNigeria:

One funny thing about yorubas is how they lie to themselves and also believe it. Most of you reason without common sense and it can be quite disturbing. You claim oluyole area is bigger than Onitsha, yet reputable global rating agencies keeps reporting that greater Onitsha is the most built up area in Nigeria after Lagos. You think littering everywhere with shanties while Igbos build blocks of 5 stories stretching as far as the eyes can see, makes your city huge?

You people are utterly deluded with a touch of narcissism.

Spit.
you are right,only ibos build houses,others lives in hut

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. by Goodnewsforlife: 9:43am On Dec 22, 2023
Goodday90:
so in your mind,Yoruba are folding their hands doing nothing and igbos are just attacking them,you donā€™t see your brothers attacking Igbo too here and on X?
Your people even have dedicated accounts on x for attacking Igbo people

Dey there make pans dey wear you?
tell me what yorubas offense is?

Y did yorubas suddenly become d problem after d election?

We know u igbos attack Fulani at will before but how come yorubas suddenly became d problem

At least we donā€™t have Fulani herdsmen
We donā€™t claim your land

Then what did yorubas suddenly do wrong?
U igbos have now move your usual attack from fulanis to yorubas

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. by jude79(m): 9:43am On Dec 22, 2023
tsdarkside:

bwahaha....and the bashins continues....
you realy think you have the right to deny me my identity....??

who you think you be....??

You really don't have identity, you abandoned the topic and started claiming what you are not, just to sale a lie and misinform the public, what you gain is still a mystery to me, seun put a lot of work work to setup this forum, but your likes are bent on killing it with tribalistic inputs.
Re: Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. by SSFeedsNigeria: 9:45am On Dec 22, 2023
tsdarkside:

You yorubas know next to nothing about economics. Why should Igbos remain in their region and compete with each other when the world is big enough to exploit? Traveling out is even the basic reason why Igboland both in SE and SS has the highest standard of living in Nigeria. Do you even understand the power of remittances?

Majority of the houses you see being built in Igboland is through remittances. Houses, schools etc too. Igbos have locked down their capital by ensuing there is no capital flight while at the same time sending huge remittances to their region. With more factories being built in the region by Igbos, profits and capital remain at home unlike SW.

4 Likes

Re: Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. by ariesbull: 9:47am On Dec 22, 2023
itsIYKE:

Oga Zuzout from here

Standard of living in the east is way ahead of what is is in the west, Igbo people coming to do business in Lagos is what you interpret as ā€œFlockingā€, where ever there is an opportunity for business the Igbo man will be there even if it be the devils backyard.

Land is expensive in the east because of high demand, when you have a high number of indigenes with a serious purchasing power that is what you get, simple economics, rotten dilapidated villages littered all over the southwest is of no use to anybody reason real estate goes for Pennies

There the dimwit goes again using landmass to beat chest, the whole of southwest minus Lagos will fit into Niger state now go and cry by the corner, if you donā€™t know what real development indexes are.
you did fantastic analysis

4 Likes

Re: Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. by Tmb78(m): 9:47am On Dec 22, 2023
Goodday90:
here we go again,like the government feeds me
See,You can vote buahri again if you wish
None of my business

As far I am still eating and alive,good
And here we go again, you all claim you don't care but the social media is agog with your people writing stuffs, derogatory things everyday about it
What you all say and do are two parallel lines that we all know can never meet.

Assuming as usual, so you knew I voted for Buhari?
Chai!
Whatever man!
Shalom!
Re: Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. by ariesbull: 9:48am On Dec 22, 2023
SSFeedsNigeria:

You yorubas know next to nothing about economics. Why should Igbos remain in their region and compete with each other when the world is big enough to exploit? Traveling out is even the basic reason why Igboland both in SE and SS has the highest standard of living in Nigeria. Do you even understand the power of remittances?

Majority of the houses you see being built in Igboland is through remittances. Houses, schools etc too. Igbos have locked down their capital by ensuing there is no capital flight while at the same time sending huge remittances to their region. With more factories being built in the region by Igbos, profits and capital remain at home unlike SW.

Why teach him the basics of capital flight and repatriation

2 Likes

Re: Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. by Goodday90(m): 9:49am On Dec 22, 2023
Tmb78:
And here we go again, you all claim you don't care but the social media is agog with your people writing stuffs, derogatory things everyday about it
What you all say and do are two parallel lines that we all know can never meet.

Assuming as usual, so you knew I voted for Buhari?
Chai!
Whatever man!
Shalom!
No problem
Do whatever is on your mind
Re: Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. by Goodday90(m): 9:50am On Dec 22, 2023
Goodnewsforlife:
tell me what yorubas offense is?

Y did yorubas suddenly become d problem after d election?

We know u igbos attack Fulani at will before but how come yorubas suddenly became d problem

At least we donā€™t have Fulani herdsmen
We donā€™t claim your land

Then what did yorubas suddenly do wrong?
U igbos have now move your usual attack from fulanis to yorubas
I should be asking your and your fellow Yoruba the same thing
Re: Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. by FatherOfJesus: 9:51am On Dec 22, 2023
spagettiluv:
oyo state is bigger than the whole SE
3 states in SE are same size with ibadan.
If 60% of Ibadan is slum,donā€™t you think the remaining beautiful 40% should be bigger than any of your tiny cities ?.
You shouldnā€™t forget oluyole,an area in Ibadan is bigger than a city In alaibo
everything you are saying, I'm seeing otherwise here.

According to Google earth, Ibadan is just about 3 times the size of owerri.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Can APC Leverage On The Edo Governorship Win To Claim Ondo State? / Toll Gates Reintroduction: No Policy Statement Yet ā€“ FG / NGX Group Names Temi Popoola As Gmd/CEO Designate, Chiemeka As Acting CEO Of NGX

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.