Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,424 members, 7,819,532 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:39 PM

Is this Enough Reason to Break up with him? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is this Enough Reason to Break up with him? (42626 Views)

Is This Enough Reason To End This Relationship? I'm Tired Of Talking. / He Lacks Confidence: Is This Enough Reason To Turn Him Down? / This Is Enough Reason For Me To Cheat (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is this Enough Reason to Break up with him? by Ubdavis(m): 5:13pm On Dec 29, 2023
Leave that idiotic entity and advice him to go for mental evaluation.

I love football so much, I feel sad when my team loses, but I must move on!. Even the team players with huge wages, do not display this level of stupidity.

4 Likes

Re: Is this Enough Reason to Break up with him? by vickydevoka(m): 5:17pm On Dec 29, 2023
FeliciaOja:
How can someone lock door refuse to talk or eat his food just because of a football match??
Even threaten to throw padlock at me for disturbing him because his team lost
I'm done!! Can't be dealing with a child that calls himself a man. Very childish attitude
Things are really happening. I have not seen such before
Re: Is this Enough Reason to Break up with him? by vickydevoka(m): 5:18pm On Dec 29, 2023
owiko:
Perhaps, he plays sports bet.
I'm a supporter of Arsenal, but it doesn't bother me if we win, lose or draw.
I don't worry myself over things I can't control
Ladies don't leave like that, unless they have better options.

1 Like

Re: Is this Enough Reason to Break up with him? by rhames(m): 5:18pm On Dec 29, 2023
placeofallure:

I am a staunch Arsenal fan. I've been following Arsenal since the time of Dennis Bergkamp, Ray Parlor, Jeremie Aladiere, Julio Baptista, Antonio Reyes, Kanu Nwakwo and the likes and by now, I've gotten used to Arsenal's inconsistency. How old is he? He should get a hold of himself and get a life outside of football. There will be good days and awful days like last night. Why should he take out his frustration on you? As a man, he should have a grasp over his emotions and treat you right. You're not responsible for his woes. Sit him down and tell him all these, if he's unflinchingly adamant, dump him! He cannot head a home! He's a disaster waiting to erupt.

Na you gangan bẹ the real Arsenal fan.

1 Like

Re: Is this Enough Reason to Break up with him? by allabig(m): 5:20pm On Dec 29, 2023
Make una pack una self commot

1 Like

Re: Is this Enough Reason to Break up with him? by BabaHenry(m): 5:20pm On Dec 29, 2023
ezegenigbonine:

You want to take away his passion because he want to marry you? Bullshit
Why are you this senseless ?
Passion over marriage ?
Passion affecting your way of life or what ?
Can you even hear yourself, did you read the part where she said, he sometimes get aggressive and depressed before giving this stupid opinion ?
All Arsenal Players and board has their own life to leave so is he, I don't see a reason why someone will be super obsessed like that..
That's a total red flag and might cause a lifetime damage if not controlled on time.

2 Likes

Re: Is this Enough Reason to Break up with him? by DARLINGTON869(m): 5:22pm On Dec 29, 2023
Op, sorry to disappoint you. You are dating a man with a child's mentality. If mundane things like football can make him lose his mind, what then happens if he is hit with serious life issues or challenges?
Better look yourself in the mirror and tell yourself the bitter truth if he is worth spending the rest of your precious life with. Lest I forget, tell him not to stress himself too much cos arsenal will not win the league this season.

1 Like

Re: Is this Enough Reason to Break up with him? by DARLINGTON869(m): 5:27pm On Dec 29, 2023
jumokeadele:
Its a red flag my sister, he probably gambles even , you should check that too. Run as far as you can, if a man truly loves a woman , we are always ready to change and bend our rules , if he's not changing for you , then he doesn't love you well enough. Run o
Very true. Won't be surprised if Such a person is also a chronic gambler.

1 Like

Re: Is this Enough Reason to Break up with him? by DaTruths: 5:28pm On Dec 29, 2023
FeliciaOja:
I meet him July this year, everything about him is cool. My only worry is his fanatical support for arsenal which I consider the worst club on earth.

He keeps disturbing me of how his club will win the league, but whenever they lose he becomes super depressed and aggressive.

We have talked about this many times and he has sworn to change.
But this night he came back very late and was making so much noise, shouting and yelling
Then I googled scores and saw that his club lost today

I can't take it anymore
He is not the first guy I have dated that loved football. His own is that when his club loss it affects him very bad.

I have even suggested he should stop supporting arsenal but he won't listen.
After this night rubbish he just displayed I'm thinking of calling it quits.

Am I overreacting??

I'm a Chelsea fan, but i only feel that way when sporty bet chop my money.

Anytime arsenal loses, just allow him ventilate, after some hours he would calm down grin

One thing with people like him is thay whatever they love, they love it with all their heart and that's a good omen if you are actually looking for a lasting love.

2 Likes

Re: Is this Enough Reason to Break up with him? by bizhop01: 5:28pm On Dec 29, 2023
First of all ask him how much Arsenal fc paid him for every match they won,

I think Arsenal co-owner supposed to killed people worldwide when their billions dollar club loose any match, or maybe the players that earning hundreds thousands of pound's every week supposed to fight dirty in streets of London.
I think he's a fool, Any grown up man that can't control his emotion is not man enough cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is this Enough Reason to Break up with him? by BabaHenry(m): 5:28pm On Dec 29, 2023
royalfly:

Wrong, this girl is wrong for him simple. Stop that talk. We seem to come from same Era. She exaggerated the story. Please people should learn to read BTW the lines. She said bullshit. She never loved the guy nd the guy nor get bar like that if she wld b ordering an arsenal jearsy
Don't judge that way....
I have a very close friend of mine that behave exactly as what the op is describing right there...
He is also an Arsenal fan, his wife and kids has complained several times about his irrational behavior anytime his team loses...
There was a time he took out his aggression on one of his friends, Sir, we had to gang up to beat the hell out of him that day and it took the intervention of his elderly family members before we could settle the case because we had to tell him to go his way because he can't move with us....
Things are happening cry cry cry
Re: Is this Enough Reason to Break up with him? by BouquiLake: 5:28pm On Dec 29, 2023
1st confirm he is not into betting... Then you can decide.

FeliciaOja:
I meet him July this year, everything about him is cool. My only worry is his fanatical support for arsenal which I consider the worst club on earth.

He keeps disturbing me of how his club will win the league, but whenever they lose he becomes super depressed and aggressive.

But this night he came back very late and was making so much noise, shouting and yelling

I can't take it anymore
He is not the first guy I have dated that loved football. His own is that when his club loss it affects him very bad.

Am I overreacting??
Re: Is this Enough Reason to Break up with him? by Mandate1: 5:29pm On Dec 29, 2023
FeliciaOja:

God knows how much I tried to overlook this behavior. Thanks I think I will break up tomorrow
if something as tender as football support can make a man go this strange, then there's problem.
Re: Is this Enough Reason to Break up with him? by Streetmovement(m): 5:29pm On Dec 29, 2023
Wotoporiously cool speaking

Na before wey be say if my team lose I go lose my mind but this days I just go about my business, eversince i discover say them no dey pay me to support them, it's out of my own free will and it shouldn't let me go insane.

I dey watch football now with maturity and sense, I'm a die hard Chelsea fans by birth.

Your nigga suppose let go of those negative emotions by now unless he's new to football or he's just too attached. Make he no Sha kill you one day cuz of anger from football match...too much of every thing no good Sha.

1 Like

Re: Is this Enough Reason to Break up with him? by Eloquency001: 5:29pm On Dec 29, 2023
FeliciaOja:

God knows how much I tried to overlook this behavior. Thanks I think I will break up tomorrow

Please, don't do that. It is not enough for you to call it quits with him. You can still continue with him if he's not violent in character, but try to bear your mind to him at his sobered moment that you might likely call it if he's not displaying enough maturity as a football fan.
Re: Is this Enough Reason to Break up with him? by DaTruths: 5:30pm On Dec 29, 2023
FeliciaOja:
How can someone lock door refuse to talk or eat his food just because of a football match??
I'm done!! Can't be dealing with a child that calls himself a man. Very childish attitude

Him ticket cut grin

Maybe he stook more than he could afford to lose grin

1 Like

Re: Is this Enough Reason to Break up with him? by Mandate1: 5:31pm On Dec 29, 2023
FeliciaOja:
you better run for your life.

1 Like

Re: Is this Enough Reason to Break up with him? by DARLINGTON869(m): 5:32pm On Dec 29, 2023
VIKTO83:
There's no reason big enough or small enough to warrant divorce.
All that matters is our temperament. Our individual tolerance parameter varies so what's enough reason for u to get angry may not be a reason at all for another to get angry.
No wonder christ taught Christians to learn to forgive and endure 77x77 times before sunset.

This is not about forgiving and enduring. This is about forgiving and separating oneself from idiocy and foolishness. Such a person with poor self control lacks the mental frame to head a home. What then happens if Arsenal loses a champions league final? Next thing that will hit nairaland front page is dat...A man stabs his wife to death over football issues

2 Likes

Re: Is this Enough Reason to Break up with him? by LordBoffin2(m): 5:32pm On Dec 29, 2023
Well, I think it's something you may need to consider. I am an Arsenal fan. Following our history of chronic inconsistency of wins when needed most, I've always expected the best and worst at the same time which helps my dear sanity. Players are there eating their money it's now me a Nigerian plus all these economic shege that would make me transfer aggression? Mba nu... He needs to work on his emotions

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is this Enough Reason to Break up with him? by Biglittlelois(f): 5:33pm On Dec 29, 2023
I'm a man u fan for 15 years and I think I'm starting to have high BP on their matter, their inconsistency is so annoying I think I have to let them go at this point, so in a way I understand your bf.

2 Likes

Re: Is this Enough Reason to Break up with him? by yahoodetector: 5:33pm On Dec 29, 2023
FeliciaOja:

I can't take it anymore

Am I overreacting??

Dump him fast.

A person who allows the loss of a mere football club to affect his interaction with other people including his loved ones is not psychologically and emotionally ready for relationship talk more of marriage.

His type might murder you one day when Arsenal doesn't win the EPL!

2 Likes

Re: Is this Enough Reason to Break up with him? by Mom007(f): 5:34pm On Dec 29, 2023
Maybe he gambles as well...
Re: Is this Enough Reason to Break up with him? by abc115: 5:34pm On Dec 29, 2023
EPL Obidients
Re: Is this Enough Reason to Break up with him? by DARLINGTON869(m): 5:35pm On Dec 29, 2023
Streetmovement:

Na before wey be say if my team lose I go lose my mind but this days I just go about my business, eversince i discover say them no dey pay me to support them, it's out of my own free will and it shouldn't let me go insane.

I dey watch football now with maturity and sense, I'm a die hard Chelsea fans by birth.

Your nigga suppose let go of those negative emotions by now unless he's new to football or he's just too attached. Make he no Sha kill you one day cuz of anger from football match...too much of every thing no good Sha.

Very true...I am also a Chelsea fan, but Eva since them pursue Abrahimovic commit for Chelsea, everything come scatter. I gats readjust my expectations from the club. That's why even if they lose 5-0 to any small team, I don't let it affect me. I no dey even carry am for mind atal.

1 Like

Re: Is this Enough Reason to Break up with him? by VIKTO83(m): 5:36pm On Dec 29, 2023
DARLINGTON869:

This is not about forgiving and enduring. This is about forgiving and separating oneself from idiocy and foolishness. Such a person with poor self control lacks the mental frame to head a home. What then happens if Arsenal loses a champions league final? Next thing that will hit nairaland front page is dat...A man stabs his wife to death over football issues

Yes another will dust his butts and leave football for footballers while he recoils to his home.
That's why I say no reason is too much and none is too small. I'd depends on mental maturity and mental maturity too varies from person to person.
Nobody has d best of it
Re: Is this Enough Reason to Break up with him? by Neddyogu(m): 5:36pm On Dec 29, 2023
FeliciaOja:

Give urself brain. U know what to do, do it and stop looking for validation.

2 Likes

Re: Is this Enough Reason to Break up with him? by Chioma1989: 5:37pm On Dec 29, 2023
ahnie:

I played good football with Pepsi academy and delta queens ...I still watch football till date and I m pretty good with football analysis.

My league of interest now is serie A...my support stands with the old lady aka Juventus FC.

grin grin grin
But why is Juventus FC referred to as the " Old Lady "? I heard that from a commentator when Ronaldo first joined the club. It was reported that Ronaldo has joined the "Old Lady" in Italy. Then, I thought that they meant that Ronaldo moved in with an old woman in Italy. grin

1 Like

Re: Is this Enough Reason to Break up with him? by Azazyel: 5:37pm On Dec 29, 2023
FeliciaOja:

I can't take it anymore

Am I overreacting??

Please break up with him ASAP. The guy is just an overgrown baby. This time around don't listen to his plea. Just let him go
Re: Is this Enough Reason to Break up with him? by JustPowerApps(m): 5:37pm On Dec 29, 2023
He is probably betting, try find out if he is into sports betting, may be why he is so obsessed
Re: Is this Enough Reason to Break up with him? by Streetmovement(m): 5:40pm On Dec 29, 2023
DARLINGTON869:

Very true...I am also a Chelsea fan, but Eva since them pursue Abrahimovic commit for Chelsea, everything come scatter. I gats readjust my expectations from the club. That's why even if they lose 5-0 to any small team, I don't let it affect me. I no dey even carry am for mind atal.

I swear bro, I just gaz give the club and myself time to adjust and adapt to the new development, nothing to kill myself for, not worth my existence.

1 Like

Re: Is this Enough Reason to Break up with him? by Alphiegabe: 5:40pm On Dec 29, 2023
Studies have shown that men who supports Asernal are faithful men

1 Like

Re: Is this Enough Reason to Break up with him? by Gucciswaz: 5:43pm On Dec 29, 2023
FeliciaOja:

I can't take it anymore

Am I overreacting??
if an arsenal fan can be behaving like this when arsenal losses a match,I wonder wetin Chelsea fan go dy do.. grin grin grin grin the baba go don turn hamas terrorist by now.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Nigerian Guy Busts Girlfriend Who Tried To Con Him Of N50,000 Wit Fake Pregnancy / Nana Kwaku Bonsam: I Look Young And Strong Because I Sleep With Young Girls / How Much Should I Consider Safe To Have In My Bank Before Thinking On Wedding?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.