Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,490 members, 7,819,778 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:05 PM

Is this Enough Reason to Break up with him? - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is this Enough Reason to Break up with him? (42628 Views)

Is This Enough Reason To End This Relationship? I'm Tired Of Talking. / He Lacks Confidence: Is This Enough Reason To Turn Him Down? / This Is Enough Reason For Me To Cheat (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is this Enough Reason to Break up with him? by 22just: 9:44pm On Dec 29, 2023
FeliciaOja:
I meet him July this year, everything about him is cool. My only worry is his fanatical support for arsenal which I consider the worst club on earth.

He keeps disturbing me of how his club will win the league, but whenever they lose he becomes super depressed and aggressive.

We have talked about this many times and he has sworn to change.
But this night he came back very late and was making so much noise, shouting and yelling
Then I googled scores and saw that his club lost today

I can't take it anymore
He is not the first guy I have dated that loved football. His own is that when his club loss it affects him very bad.

I have even suggested he should stop supporting arsenal but he won't listen.
After this night rubbish he just displayed I'm thinking of calling it quits.

Am I overreacting??

Perhaps he stakes money and just can't deal with his loss
Re: Is this Enough Reason to Break up with him? by Deogratiasfx: 9:56pm On Dec 29, 2023
ezegenigbonine:

Do you want to take away his passion because he wants to marry you? Bullshit

If you want to help him, join him and support Arsenal, then see how he feels when two of you loose a game together, then he will have someone to talk to and then you both have players or coach to blame then he will feel better, try it and see.

It is normal to to have passion for sth but when the passion makes u to misbehave if u don't have it then it is no longer normal.
Sis, pls sit down and count the cost, if u can't cope pls quit the rship now. It is very difficult to stop supporting any club u like.
Disclaimer:
Pls before u quit: Remember it is not always greener on other side

1 Like

Re: Is this Enough Reason to Break up with him? by dnawah(m): 9:58pm On Dec 29, 2023
FeliciaOja:
I meet him July this year, everything about him is cool. My only worry is his fanatical support for arsenal which I consider the worst club on earth.

He keeps disturbing me of how his club will win the league, but whenever they lose he becomes super depressed and aggressive.

But this night he came back very late and was making so much noise, shouting and yelling

I can't take it anymore
He is not the first guy I have dated that loved football. His own is that when his club loss it affects him very bad.

Am I overreacting??
on the arsenal log there is canon,he will soon bomb u grin grin
Re: Is this Enough Reason to Break up with him? by ezegenigbonine: 10:01pm On Dec 29, 2023
Deogratiasfx:

It is normal to to have passion for sth but when the passion makes u to misbehave if u don't have it then it is no longer normal.
Sis, pls sit down and count the cost, if u can't cope pls quit the rship now. It is very difficult to stop supporting any club u like.
Disclaimer:

True, it happened to me severally supporting a club, sometime I feel like I will not support this club again but later the passion will still bring me back, now that am married, my wife support my club too, so whenever we loose, we just blame it on a player, god of soccer, coach or ref and move on

3 Likes

Re: Is this Enough Reason to Break up with him? by Anijay1212(m): 10:13pm On Dec 29, 2023
ahnie:

I played good football with Pepsi academy and delta queens ...I still watch football till date and I m pretty good with football analysis.

My league of interest now is serie A...my support stands with the old lady aka Juventus FC.
wink
Wow

1 Like

Re: Is this Enough Reason to Break up with him? by neyopompin2023: 10:14pm On Dec 29, 2023
There is more to this I guess this is gambling at work. He must have staked arsenal to win with a lot of money, you know how painful that will be to him

1 Like

Re: Is this Enough Reason to Break up with him? by olayinka63: 10:14pm On Dec 29, 2023
Had it mean you have married him, I will also say you should join him in watching as others suggested. And this is like a a management approach. However, you have not yet married, don't go ahead with already forseen problem that require management. Red flag

1 Like

Re: Is this Enough Reason to Break up with him? by Gandrova: 10:30pm On Dec 29, 2023
ezegenigbonine:

If you want to help him, join him and support Arsenal, then see how he feels when two of you loose a game together, then he will have someone to talk to and then you both have players or coach to blame then he will feel better, try it and see.
Must she joined him in his stupidity?
Am very sure he is one of the new fan of O2 !

1 Like

Re: Is this Enough Reason to Break up with him? by Gandrova: 10:33pm On Dec 29, 2023
placeofallure:

I am a staunch Arsenal fan. I've been following Arsenal since the time of Dennis Bergkamp, Ray Parlor, Jeremie Aladiere, Julio Baptista, Antonio Reyes, Kanu Nwakwo and the likes and by now, I've gotten used to Arsenal's inconsistency. How old is he? He should get a hold of himself and get a life outside of football. There will be good days and awful days like last night. Why should he take out his frustration on you? As a man, he should have a grasp over his emotions and treat you right. You're not responsible for his woes. Sit him down and tell him all these, if he's unflinchingly adamant, dump him! He cannot head a home! He's a disaster waiting to erupt.
May Almighty God bless you

1 Like

Re: Is this Enough Reason to Break up with him? by jerobua: 10:40pm On Dec 29, 2023
Yes it's enough reason to break up with him because he is not a fan but a fanatic, from the way you described his situation,he is only gonna get worse. Also try and find out if he bets on Arsenal matches, losing all the time may be frustrating for him. I too I am a fan of Man United, I have sat down to watch other clubs beat Man United mercilessly but never for once had any impact on my behaviour or relationship with my friends, family and loved ones, we just talk, laugh about it most times and that's all.
This is a really RED FLAG for domestic violence.
Re: Is this Enough Reason to Break up with him? by Gandrova: 10:45pm On Dec 29, 2023
My spouse she is a die hard Manchester United fan, and I support Chelsea with the same strong passion.
But that doesn't mean if we lose a match I will now transfer aggression on my wife or kids never.
I used to be Die hard supporter of Juventus Fc
When the likes Del Pierro, Antonio Conte, Paul Gascoigne were their top shot.
I left the club due to their failure in Champion league in finals twice.
Re: Is this Enough Reason to Break up with him? by Gandrova: 10:48pm On Dec 29, 2023
Deogratiasfx:

Disclaimer:
You wants her to be injured before she moves on

1 Like

Re: Is this Enough Reason to Break up with him? by KrisUc(m): 11:00pm On Dec 29, 2023
The first question should be why are you sleeping in his house over the night. He hasn't married you yet.

1 Like

Re: Is this Enough Reason to Break up with him? by anthonioo(m): 11:06pm On Dec 29, 2023
If U breakup make u send me dm I no like ball @ all
Re: Is this Enough Reason to Break up with him? by McStoic(m): 11:21pm On Dec 29, 2023
FeliciaOja:

I can't take it anymore

Am I overreacting??

This thread is really funny tbh
Re: Is this Enough Reason to Break up with him? by 247man: 11:24pm On Dec 29, 2023
ezegenigbonine:

Like seriously
Re: Is this Enough Reason to Break up with him? by Manuel91(m): 11:27pm On Dec 29, 2023
This is beyond a fan issue, observe your partner closely this sounds like a SPORTYBET Issue… I’m an Arsenal fan and for no reason will their loss affect my personal life..

1 Like

Re: Is this Enough Reason to Break up with him? by saintnegroid(m): 11:32pm On Dec 29, 2023
ezegenigbonine:

Simp, that's what you are. Woman wey never enter house, e don dey bring rules and regulation.
why would you want to stone someone with phone just because arsenal lose match.... Your head correct so? People are playing the ball making money and you are here killing your self for what? Abeg change this your brain.... It's a dead brain bro

2 Likes

Re: Is this Enough Reason to Break up with him? by sgtponzihater1(m): 11:42pm On Dec 29, 2023
Do whatever you want. You are not there to be a teacher to a man, but a wife and a help. If you feel you need to teach him or correct him frequently, because you believe you are wiser, then leave him alone, as he will have more peace. If whichever team he supports is biting you up and you can even go to the extent of asking him to change club then call it quit, as you will end up with another child at home that you think you can instruct and influence his decisions.

All the best you and him.

1 Like

Re: Is this Enough Reason to Break up with him? by Deogratiasfx: 12:48am On Dec 30, 2023
Gandrova:
You wants her to be injured before she moves on

Read my comments well before u quote

1 Like

Re: Is this Enough Reason to Break up with him? by Ororocelemi(m): 1:16am On Dec 30, 2023
Pls listen to me, don't break up with him. Talk to him about it on a good day when there's no game and you already understand him by now. Let him be whenever he loses try to manage the situation pls.
I'm a man utd fan and I can relate, whenever I lose, I try to be by myself, sometimes I accept defeat even before the game starts just so I won't feel too bad.

FeliciaOja:
How can someone lock door refuse to talk or eat his food just because of a football match??
Even threaten to throw padlock at me for disturbing him because his team lost
I'm done!! Can't be dealing with a child that calls himself a man. Very childish attitude
Re: Is this Enough Reason to Break up with him? by MasterTeeUSA: 1:46am On Dec 30, 2023
I am a guy and people don't understand sport is both entertainment and business..I am too focused to be distracted by another person's business or to pause my life for this degree of support for entertainment. The best you will get from me is watching highlights...win or lose, players get paid full salaries. Be Smart folks and focus

FeliciaOja:

I just don't get how a football make guys lose their minds.. sometimes I feel it is satanic

1 Like

Re: Is this Enough Reason to Break up with him? by BluntCrazeMan: 1:49am On Dec 30, 2023
Vinnie2000:

Helinius
Seunmsg
And plenty APC Agbadorian DingBATS are Arsenal fans. sad sad

Are you finding it difficult to understand things??

Or you want me to start all-over again to teach you about the “sets and sub-sets” which we were taught during our elementary mathematics??

Ok naa..

Here below is what my earlier comment actually meant in simple “sets and sub-sets” language..

About 70% of Obidients are a sub-set of a bigger set called “Arsenal Fans”..

I didn't say that “ALL ARSENAL FANS are a sub-set of Obidients”.

But for you to even rush and understand the second statement from my earlier clear comment,, your brain is really not functioning properly.
Re: Is this Enough Reason to Break up with him? by holyfather(m): 2:06am On Dec 30, 2023
FeliciaOja:

I can't take it anymore

Am I overreacting??

No you're not!
Dump his sorry ass!
He's so immature and irresponsible.
Re: Is this Enough Reason to Break up with him? by Asswipemod: 2:26am On Dec 30, 2023
FeliciaOja:

I can't take it anymore

Am I overreacting??

You're not. You are in a relationship with an immature person. Your boy is emotionally, mentally and psychologically stunted. Spiritually, he is an idolater whose god is soccer. The ball is in your court.
Re: Is this Enough Reason to Break up with him? by placeofallure(f): 3:07am On Dec 30, 2023
Gandrova:
May Almighty God bless you

Amen and you too. Gracias!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is this Enough Reason to Break up with him? by cybergawd: 3:29am On Dec 30, 2023
Arsenal fans dey carry weapons o....like 2 by 2, olden days coca cola bottle, schnapps bottle and catapults. Better start running, not in a straight line, but zigzag.
Re: Is this Enough Reason to Break up with him? by placeofallure(f): 3:33am On Dec 30, 2023
VinnyBaba:

Just Shut up and STOP TELLING LIES Plz! undecided

Why will a Fan not eat because his Team lost? sad

Every Football Club has Their Good and Bad Days and Sensible fans knows this.! smiley

Yes! Every club has its down moments. Look at Chelsea and Man U, even Liverpool, they're top teams but their fortunes have been on a downward plunge for some time now. Arsenal's win probability is better than theirs and all their fans will not kill themselves over that. I support Arsenal and it's painful whenever we lose, really painful. My husband knows and taunts me each time we lose, friends and family call and taunt me or sympathise with me, but you know what? Heaven will not fall. Life goes on, we move and prepare for the next match.

My resolve is to always support Arsenal; even if Arsenal relegates, I'll still support!

Not eating or throwing tantrums is just being childish and inconsiderate.

1 Like

Re: Is this Enough Reason to Break up with him? by TheRareGem1(f): 3:54am On Dec 30, 2023
He's a typical EPL obidient
Re: Is this Enough Reason to Break up with him? by Moniya4Real(m): 5:02am On Dec 30, 2023
My dear. I indeed you truly love him, pretend like you are sad as well whenever Arsenal loses . When he, has recovered from the loss, act like your own sad moment just begins and act exactly the way he used to in the same situation. Then, he will know and realize how you have been feeling.
Re: Is this Enough Reason to Break up with him? by zedegit: 5:26am On Dec 30, 2023
FeliciaOja:

I can't take it anymore

Am I overreacting??

He is still childish. He fit even dey gamble on code.
Very soon him go dey use you as punching bag.
Aggressive na no no.
Coming home very late na another red flag.
How una wan marry on top plenty red flag?
Naim be say you go dey do night vigil for him, las las na big slap go be your reward because alcohol go come board.

Flee if you still get leg.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

How Much Should I Consider Safe To Have In My Bank Before Thinking On Wedding? / Why Do Guys Turn Good Young Girls To Sex Machines / Why You Shouldn't Marry Man Who Cannot Afford The Thing You Can Do For Yourself

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.