Stats: 3,153,653 members, 7,820,266 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:19 PM

Can A Man And A Woman Be Friends - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can A Man And A Woman Be Friends (27536 Views)

Should A Woman Be Bothered About Not Being Good In Bed? / We Broke Up And She Still Wants Us To Be Friends / I Asked Her Out, But She Said Let's Just Be Friends (2) (3) (4)

Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be Friends by doneback04: 12:46am On Dec 31, 2023
ItisWell22:
Them no dey keep goat and yam together; according to my mpa. šŸ˜®ā€šŸ’Ø

Spartacus grin

Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be Friends by Mayorwer: 12:49am On Dec 31, 2023
Absolutely No , there must be feelings attached at long run.There is nothing like that.

Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be Friends by PoliteActivist: 12:52am On Dec 31, 2023
rabankonchas:
Very thoughtful answers.....

*Politeness*
Malformed question. Old folks are friends all the time without sex. So are gays and opposite sex. So are asexuals, low libido, nuns and priests, etc. I have guy friends, no thought of sex. So you have to give the conditions of the question
Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be Friends by NovusHomo(m): 1:08am On Dec 31, 2023
Olatara:
I have two male friends and I can't have sex with them. They more beneficial to me as friends.

Sometimes, I have the thoughts like if I sleep with so and so, how do we continue being friends?

Nah!!!

I reject am!

USER!
Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be Friends by loswhite(m): 1:26am On Dec 31, 2023
brain54:
Some of the best friendships I ever had...

Have actually been with women!
Lol of course
Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be Friends by Fcwilly: 1:26am On Dec 31, 2023
No, the can be enemies
Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be Friends by Okechinwadike: 1:47am On Dec 31, 2023
a man and woman can be friends, I have a female friend I absolutely have no feelings for her same thing to she
Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be Friends by IbeOkehie: 1:48am On Dec 31, 2023
Mass Poverty makes friendship between man and woman impossible in Nigeria, especially among university graduates.

Sorry, but that's the hard truth. In Nigeria everyone is a tiger looking for whom they will devour. Everyone knows this. Poverty has destroyed EVERYTHING in the country.

Good Luck to Nigerians.

Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be Friends by Emma09(m): 1:48am On Dec 31, 2023
Yes. My childhood friend was a girl. We were so close to the extent that people thought we were dating. We both lived in face me I slap u building back in the day in Mushin. We were so fond of each other to the extent that I thought I would fall in love with her. But that wasn't the case. Alas, she got pregnant and people thought I was the one responsible and I knew I my mind that i had never seen her pant before. So i wasn't bothered at all then. till now we are still very best friends.

Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be Friends by jimpix11: 1:49am On Dec 31, 2023
Yes,

I used to have a very close friend in my uni days. We never f*ucked but did all other sheri sheri.

It's been 12years now, she's happily married but I still regret not gbanshing that pussy.

Terrible terrible mate. Those nights when I fingered her deep down still hunts me.

Ere kini Aja ba ekun se grin

Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be Friends by IbeOkehie: 1:49am On Dec 31, 2023
Mass Poverty makes friendship between man and woman impossible in Nigeria, especially among university graduates.

Sorry, but that's the hard truth. In Nigeria everyone is a tiger looking for whom they will devour. Everyone knows this. Poverty...even worse, FEAR OF POVERTY.... has destroyed EVERYTHING in the country.

Good Luck to Nigerians.
Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be Friends by ItisHi: 1:57am On Dec 31, 2023
Yes but they must find way bill you

Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be Friends by Dididrumz(m): 2:22am On Dec 31, 2023
Many years ago, after introducing. After introducing a female friend as my best friend, an older man man said to me; a man and a woman can never be friends, talk more of best of friends.

Those words ringed in my ears for a very long time, even till date.

Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be Friends by Roger3D(m): 2:39am On Dec 31, 2023
rabankonchas:
Very thoughtful answers.....
No

Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be Friends by Juoflife1(f): 2:45am On Dec 31, 2023
Yes. My best friend is an elderly man.
Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be Friends by LOVEGINO(m): 2:58am On Dec 31, 2023
Natbrowny:
A man and a woman relationship includes

Business Partnership
F*ck Buddies
Dating relationship
Neighbours - Just neighbors (not friends)

Once friendship don dey involve without dating/Kpenshing.

Most likely - One person will be using the other psychological, physically, mentally, without one knowing whats up until things becomes clear

Other Possible scenarios
šŸ‘‰ One person keeps the other by d side incase their plans fail. They have a fall back plan
šŸ‘‰ One person or both will develop feelings (which wont look like friends anymore)
šŸ‘‰ If that feeling develops and they r both friendzoned. One or both partners becomes jealous of the person's real mate.

Other people shud come with points sha o.

As a rule for me. As a man to woman strollzz.
Its either we are doing business or we r f*cking.
4 chill bottles of beer for u with dog meat pepper soup grin

Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be Friends by WINDSOW(m): 2:58am On Dec 31, 2023
BigDickProblems:

So if your wife of 36 tells you she has a a very good male friend, you'll assume she is matured? And at 36, as a guy, you start practicing celibacy because you are matured?

Most of you just open your mouth waaaaa, and spew rubbish. I wonder the mumus that liked your post sad

Guy, you s!ck o.
S3x kill u there. Ewu
Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be Friends by October1960: 3:01am On Dec 31, 2023
NO

Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be Friends by spiceadole: 3:06am On Dec 31, 2023
malaria:
Yes full time. Not all men want sex from women , not all women want money from men ..If you ever find a genuine friendship of the opposite sex .you will know life is not all about sex. The main thing they should all draw their boundaries when necessary.

Obviously,you are suffering from severe malaria.

A normal healthy man will want sex from a woman he is friendly with...
They always do.
Esp Nigerian men...
It's a way of humiliating the woman

Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be Friends by Invest4growth: 3:12am On Dec 31, 2023
What is bad in it. Sex is mutually agreed but everything is not sex. There are women that you can use to your advantage to grow your business to the benefit of both of you. Take my case, I have female friend that I have not seen since year 2020 but we chat regularly. She is happily married. She brings business from her and we share profit. We are not dating no assistance sex no sext chats, no nude pictures nothing romantic. But we chat nearly everyday. Even if it is to drop a sticker. When my wife is nagging and moody, what I do is I just book a call to her and we discuss other issues to allow my woman to cool off. We don't discuss family issues. I don't discuss my wife. She does not discuss her husband. It was her status that revealed she was the second wife of her husband and I never asked her but I know. But if there is money to be made, I am.her first contact.

Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be Friends by Yankee101: 3:33am On Dec 31, 2023
Itā€™s possible if you treat all women with purity

Treat older women as you would your mother, and treat younger women with all purity as you would your own sisters.
1 Timothy 5:2

Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be Friends by Aguilar(m): 3:37am On Dec 31, 2023
Very well

I'm in a platonic relationship with a lot of them
Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be Friends by Nornate: 3:38am On Dec 31, 2023
Most times, it ends with either of them developing feelings for each other.. or one having feelings for the other.

Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be Friends by Amg63: 3:43am On Dec 31, 2023
Natbrowny:
A man and a woman relationship includes

Business Partnership
F*ck Buddies
Dating relationship
Neighbours - Just neighbors (not friends)

Once friendship don dey involve without dating/Kpenshing.

Most likely - One person will be using the other psychological, physically, mentally, without one knowing whats up until things becomes clear

Other Possible scenarios
šŸ‘‰ One person keeps the other by d side incase their plans fail. They have a fall back plan
šŸ‘‰ One person or both will develop feelings (which wont look like friends anymore)
šŸ‘‰ If that feeling develops and they r both friendzoned. One or both partners becomes jealous of the person's real mate.

Other people shud come with points sha o.

As a rule for me. As a man to woman strollzz.
Its either we are doing business or we r f*cking.
Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be Friends by deniguy05: 3:58am On Dec 31, 2023
oofjm:
Have a female friend getting to 6 yrsā€¦.is one of the best friend both male and female i ever had since I was bornā€¦.i love her die like sisterly loveā€¦.but no romantic love at allā€¦.she fine die but still no romantic feelingsā€¦.she has never ask me for moneyā€¦.even when I try to give her she is always refusingā€¦.she never allow me to pay t-fair if we r to enter the same carā€¦.she has assist me financially when I needed helpā€¦.they is no guy in her life for the past 6 Yrs I donā€™t and non donā€™t me tooā€¦..is just maturity
Pls let me know her. Im well to do and she looks like the girl of my dreams

Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be Friends by DanielsParker(m): 4:09am On Dec 31, 2023
In my opinion, yes a man and a woman can be friends only if itā€™s tagged- business partners, colleagues, neighbors. And they should not have constant communication. Once there is constant communication and interaction believe me feelings must creep in.
Just say hi to me once in a blue moon and Iā€™ll ask you howā€™s life . Thatā€™s all. Donā€™t call me in the night asking how my day was or chatting me up constantly. I donā€™t want to know how your day went either , your man should ask you that .

In some cases, friendships with Nigerian girls is always parasitic, if theyā€™re not having anything sexual with you but still keep you as a close friend, this means they are benefiting from you heavily in form of Favours or monetary gifts. They can freely request stuffs they canā€™t request from their female friends from you .

Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be Friends by primeache: 4:23am On Dec 31, 2023
Some people think that if they are weak, then everyone is
Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be Friends by BABANGBALI: 4:26am On Dec 31, 2023
Why not? Mynd44 and myself are friends. She is a femail and I'm a mail

Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be Friends by ubimagos: 4:28am On Dec 31, 2023
Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed
Yes....But it depends on who they are and the kind of mentality they both have..

Currently,my bestie is a female........and we've been like that for years...Tho feelings were coming along the way at a certain time,but I had to control mine...
You dey whine me, abi!

Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be Friends by casualobserver: 4:28am On Dec 31, 2023
brain54:
Some of the best friendships I ever had...

Have actually been with women!

I am glad you said ā€œhadā€ because all friendships with women end. That is ultimately why you cannot invest in a friendship with a womanā€¦it ends the minute she marries. If it doesnā€™t then she is not a good woman and you are not a good man. It is disrespectful of you as a man to carry on a friendship with another manā€™s wife, so the minute she marries your friendship ends. This is assuming you actually had a real friendship in the beginning because she was most likely using you and you most likely were harbouring plans to get between her legs. Ask yourself, how many of your so called female friends were unattractive?

Women have men ā€œfriendsā€ for different reasons, the one who helps her with her car problems, the one who takes her to club, the one who helps her with this the one who helps her with that. When a good woman marries, all her male related problems become her husbands responsibility and if she is well brought up and has any respect for herself and her husband, you will find out she stops calling you.

The only female friends a man can ever have are his female relatives. Otherwise you donā€™t know the meaning of friendship.

Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be Friends by Brushstrokes20: 4:33am On Dec 31, 2023
Can a cat and fish be friends?... IMPOSSICANT āœ…šŸ’Æ
One must be ultimately devoured by the other!

Most of the responses here reeks of lies, half truth and insincerity!
Enough of the hypocrisy undecided

Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be Friends by DanielsParker(m): 4:33am On Dec 31, 2023
casualobserver:

I am glad you said ā€œhadā€ because all friendships with women end. That is ultimately why you cannot invest in a friendship with a womanā€¦it ends the minute she marries. If it doesnā€™t then she is not a good woman and you are not a good man. It is disrespectful of you as a man to carry on a friendship with another manā€™s wife, so the minute she marries your friendship ends. This is assuming you actually had a real friendship in the beginning because she was most likely using you and you most likely were harbouring plans to get between her legs. Ask yourself, how many of your so called female friends were unattractive?

Women have men ā€œfriendsā€ for different reasons, the one who helps her with her car problems, the one who takes her to club, the one who helps her with this the one who helps her with that. When a good woman marries, all her male related problems become her husbands responsibility and if she is well brought up and has any respect for herself and her husband, you will find out she stops calling you.

I have one and she recently got a man, but she wonā€™t stop calling me. Iā€™ve turned to relationship counselor.

It Gives Me Pleasure When A Woman Makes Me Her Slave-nigerian Man Cries For Help / Why Are Most Tattooed Nigerian Ladies Aggressively Rude, Unreliable&Promiscuous? / Should I Tell His Wife That He Is Having An Affair With Me?