Stats: 3,152,176 members, 7,815,109 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:27 AM

Can A Man And A Woman Be Friends - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can A Man And A Woman Be Friends (27500 Views)

Should A Woman Be Bothered About Not Being Good In Bed? / We Broke Up And She Still Wants Us To Be Friends / I Asked Her Out, But She Said Let's Just Be Friends (2) (3) (4)

Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be Friends by cybergawd: 10:48pm On Dec 30, 2023
Sure.. definitely
Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be Friends by tuzle(m): 10:49pm On Dec 30, 2023
Yes they can be friends. One may have feeling for the other but the person maybe scared of coming out as that may lead to the end of the friendship. So they just remain close friends instead. We all have that one person of the opposite sex that we can't get sexually attracted no matter what they do, yeah I can keep such kind of girl as a close friend. But bestie is a no no for me. I don't even do best friend with my fellow guy, it is now girl I want to keep as bestie. Just friend is enough abeg

Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be Friends by Farid24224(m): 10:49pm On Dec 30, 2023
I don't really know about older men and women but as a 21 year old, I have a female friend and I never felt anything for her until recently 😢

It is so hard because you have to hide it from her

Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be Friends by flokii: 10:50pm On Dec 30, 2023
Why not?..
Though creepy thoughts might come in once in a while but you can stay as just friends if you want.

Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be Friends by DrAda(f): 10:51pm On Dec 30, 2023
No
Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be Friends by Eriokanmi: 10:54pm On Dec 30, 2023
Yes.There's nothing bad about it. Only in Nigeria are we seeing it as a big deal. I had 2 female friends with whom there are no strings attached. I met the first one on a journey. We travelled on same bus from Abuja to lagos. On the way, bus had an issue which took hours to fix. We had to stop in Ibadan around mid night.

I told the driver who insisted he must proceed to lagos that I'd not risk it and that instant, the lady too alighted. We picked the only available bike which took us to a nearby hotel. The lady wanted paying for the room but I insisted on paying so we checked in. We passed the night in same room, nothing happend. Till today, she holds me in high esteem. She's married with a daughter already.

I invited the other lady for a medical outreach. We agreed to share same hotel room and we were there for 4 days after which she left for her location. All it requires is discipline. We're best friends today

Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be Friends by Ladymillion(f): 10:55pm On Dec 30, 2023
Can goat and yam be friends?

Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be Friends by Polynek(m): 10:55pm On Dec 30, 2023
Of course
Am currently a friend to one of my childhood female friend and no sex involved

Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be Friends by Usmanovic95(m): 10:56pm On Dec 30, 2023
Olatara:
I have two male friends and I can't have sex with them. They more beneficial to me as friends.

Sometimes, I have the thoughts like if I sleep with so and so, how do we continue being friends?

Nah!!!

I reject am!

Lol,as long as you are not his father's daughter and he is not your mother's son, nothing concerns a man with a functioning prick, he can go downtown and still remain beneficial.That's how my gender roll✌️

Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be Friends by VaginaAcademic: 10:58pm On Dec 30, 2023
Yes its called boy friend and girl friend
Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be Friends by JustPowerApps(m): 10:59pm On Dec 30, 2023
No doubt the worst question of the year. Where are these SIMPS getting friendship vibes with females from?

Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be Friends by UncleKoboko: 11:00pm On Dec 30, 2023
malaria:
Yes full time. Not all men want sex from women , not all women want money from men ..If you ever find a genuine friendship of the opposite sex .you will know life is not all about sex. The main thing they should all draw their boundaries when necessary.
Maybe a friendship relationship with your family members though...

Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be Friends by Oluwomonext212(m): 11:00pm On Dec 30, 2023
The selfishness of human I have seen is, those who like to keep opposite sex as their best friends are also ones who hate seeing their partners with opposite sex most. Very selfish creatures !

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be Friends by iamtardey: 11:01pm On Dec 30, 2023
Ere wo gangan ni Aja ati ekun ni lati shey together

Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be Friends by Tallesty1(m): 11:01pm On Dec 30, 2023
malaria:
Yes full time. Not all men want sex from women , not all women want money from men ..If you ever find a genuine friendship of the opposite sex .you will know life is not all about sex. The main thing they should all draw their boundaries when necessary.
Abeg, die the matter. Men and women can only claim to be friends when a man desires a woman who doesn't reciprocate but decides to keep him because he is useful to her. They maintain such friendships because they use the friendship to get men to do things for them. Such women hardly sustain friendships with other women because their female peers understand their game.

In most male-female friendships, it is the woman who is benefiting

Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be Friends by Fryx: 11:02pm On Dec 30, 2023
rabankonchas:
Very thoughtful answers.....

I have two female acquaintances that I will rather regard as friends. But they both told me “we are not friends” - the feelings are usually too deep that they will feel cheated as “just friends”

I don’t mind keeping a female friend if she is not billing me and we are not seeing each other (online stuff)

But if we are always together or she is billing me. It will graduate to friends with sexual benefits. But still friends, cause most women today aren’t women I can make my woman. Too liberal. The unliberal ones are too dull for my liking.

Verdict - Me and Woman can’t be friends. Don’t trust me if I said your woman is just my friend. I will rather avoid your woman than make her a friend.

Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be Friends by Juniorangel(m): 11:02pm On Dec 30, 2023
Nooooo

Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be Friends by Emma1Oj(m): 11:02pm On Dec 30, 2023
CandidAdmin:
Yeah. Currently with one.

She's a childhood friend tho!
so if she open legs for you, you no go browse Internet abi?

Dey play.

Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be Friends by DiskJokeyManic: 11:02pm On Dec 30, 2023
Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be Friends by MrFly(m): 11:02pm On Dec 30, 2023
Nope

Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be Friends by ObalendeCMS: 11:03pm On Dec 30, 2023
happney65:
Nibo, Sibo.
I can only be your friend if I want to fvck you.
Ere kini aja ba ekun shey?
Nibo sibo?
Woro siworo..
Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be Friends by bobbiiee: 11:03pm On Dec 30, 2023
Ore kini aja nba ekun se?
What type of frienship exists between a dog and lion?
You can be friends if you are not sextually attracted to each other.

You can be friends if you don't see each other.

You can be friends if the friendship is well-defined.

Usually, friendship betwen a man and a lady will end in Marakana.

You won't know when you will shift the boundaries, ie your goal post.

From what I have seen & known over 3 decades besties don't say no to sex. They may start with you took advantage of a friend. One thing is sure she will come back asking for the same. Flee from all apprearances of evil.

One is likely to enter the place when you have a female as a close friend. It's what i call friends without BORDERS.

Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be Friends by iamtardey: 11:03pm On Dec 30, 2023
Illegal1:
omoh..........my current bestie is a female
when you dey plan fxck her wotowoto New year eve is tomorrow sha sharp

Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be Friends by MrFly(m): 11:04pm On Dec 30, 2023
tuzle:
Yes they can be friends. One may have feeling for the other but the person maybe scared of coming out as that may lead to the end of the friendship. So they just remain close friends instead. We all have that one person of the opposite sex that we can't get sexually attracted no matter what they do, yeah I can keep such kind of girl as a close friend. But bestie is a no no for me. I don't even do best friend with my fellow guy, it is now girl I want to keep as bestie. Just friend is enough abeg
gibberish

Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be Friends by Lanre1st(m): 11:05pm On Dec 30, 2023
You mean close friend without benefits, it hard

Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be Friends by donmik: 11:07pm On Dec 30, 2023
[quote author=MrPresident1 post=127703043]Pre-puberty boy and girl[/quote

With them, no question and no answer!
Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be Friends by Burgerlomo: 11:08pm On Dec 30, 2023
For some yes, but for me it's a capital NO NO most especially if the female fine well well and carry front and back even if she no carry front and back but looks pretty I go still reason am

Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be Friends by Lanre1st(m): 11:09pm On Dec 30, 2023
bobbiiee:
Ore kini aja nba ekun se?
What type of frienship exist between a dog and lion?

Any relationship that is not well-defined betwen a man and a lady will end in Marakana.

You get it.

Which relationship do you expect between Monkey and Banana? Is it not to smack it

Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be Friends by Iceberg3: 11:09pm On Dec 30, 2023
Well Fella said when a man meet a woman......na poi! grin

Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be Friends by adioolayi(m): 11:09pm On Dec 30, 2023
Absolutely yes.

To say there won't be a time when you will mostlikely crush on eachother is a lie...if you have that grace to cross this stage without any ill feelings...you will be best of friends.

Although, only few man and woman friendship cross this line unscratched...it's takes loads of grace and maturity from either or both of the party to overcome this tempting phase.

Why Are Most Tattooed Nigerian Ladies Aggressively Rude, Unreliable&Promiscuous? / Even Pretty Girls Cry At Night / "Marriage Is Not For Everyone": Words Of Single Aged Nigerian Ladies Today