Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,713 members, 7,831,232 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:53 PM

Can A Man And A Woman Be Friends - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can A Man And A Woman Be Friends (27598 Views)

Should A Woman Be Bothered About Not Being Good In Bed? / We Broke Up And She Still Wants Us To Be Friends / I Asked Her Out, But She Said Let's Just Be Friends (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be Friends by Blueace247(f): 8:56am On Dec 31, 2023
rabankonchas:
Very thoughtful answers.....

What's the relationship between cat and dog..
Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be Friends by iamtardey: 8:59am On Dec 31, 2023
Scholace:
mumu talk.
embarassed tongue
Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be Friends by maasoap(m): 9:00am On Dec 31, 2023
Fiscus105:

If she can't see a single man from husband family and no single man from her own family to be discussing her marital issueS with but unrelated male friend, such woman is nothing but rag. She is olosho in making who wouldn't think twice to bed her so called bestie.

That's your opinion and how you feel, it doesn't have to be the way she also see things.
And let me add: now that you're talking about them having sex, I must remind you that you're way off what you started.

Ask urself honest question, if ur wife is fun of discussing ur marital issueS with her male friend, how would you feel?
One: as long as the advice doesn't mislead her, why would anyone take offence from where the advice is coming from?
Two: will she tell you or anyone for that matter where she's taking advice? Lol
Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be Friends by Benzemma(m): 9:06am On Dec 31, 2023
Yes! If the girl, is not the type that always see friendship of opposite sex as means of income. In a relationship between a boy and a girl, once the starts demanding for money from the guy, the guy will also start to demand for sex as a compensation. But I do tell my fellow guys that counting sex as your benefits after spending on a girl, is a stupid thinking.
If sex is the only thing you get after spending on your girlfriend, then such a guy is double Lossing, because you are financially and nutritiously at loss, especially if you cannot marry the girl.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be Friends by Segzy19: 9:17am On Dec 31, 2023
Yes
Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be Friends by Chienex24(m): 9:28am On Dec 31, 2023
Vinnie2000:

Ogbeni, Catching of FEELINGS must creep in from either the Guy or Lady. undecided

Anyone in a BestieShip, who believes otherwise is Deceiving his/her self. sad sad

Exactly!! I totally agree with the bolded and I can tell you with total conviction that just as you discipline yourself, and make sacrifices to hussle and achieve in this life, so also is relationships where you just don't respond to every feelings that comes in btw relationships you have with the opposite sex, or else we are no different from animals that are wired that way.

1 Like

Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be Friends by LUCASC(m): 9:33am On Dec 31, 2023
Fiscus105:

U see many of proponents of female besties don't know the different between CLOSE FRIEND AND (NEIGHBOURS, CO-WORKERS, SAME-CHURCH, SCH-MATES even ACQUITTANCE.)

That's why as a man it's absurd to say you
Have female friends, I detest that language.
Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be Friends by kay29000(m): 9:46am On Dec 31, 2023
Ireportlive:
Yes. Depending on your age and maturity

From your teenage years to perhaps 36years your libidos are high, you have high testosterone and you want more sex...

sometimes after 36 you have probably fvcked black white, yellow, green, fat , slim, girls.. and sex isn't your priorities

When sex is no longer your priorities you set a realistic goal of relationship

Increase that age to 56.
Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be Friends by Honestfrend: 9:49am On Dec 31, 2023
If they are both single...

1 Like

Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be Friends by Honestfrend: 9:57am On Dec 31, 2023
Quality20:
Why can't they be? Haven't u seen many girls on campuses who have guys as best friends n they remain cool

See u... They re deceiving u.. The bestie I have have 4 kids and in her husband's house

Still wanted to Bleep me.. I have 2 run..

Girls that u see n believe that re responsible re worse..

1 Like

Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be Friends by candelahria(f): 10:15am On Dec 31, 2023
Only if they're not attracted to each other

1 Like

Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be Friends by Babaalajo(m): 10:41am On Dec 31, 2023
Someone said a responsible lady should cut off all her male friends once she get married,but nigerian girls are wired with freebies and that is what makes it hard for them to let go of their male friend even after they got married...once your girlfriend or fiancée is having many male friends than female friends trust me you'll always have issues,women don't make Friends with man they are not benefiting anything from👂

1 Like

Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be Friends by eepeepook: 10:48am On Dec 31, 2023
Keep asking. Una don ask this question since 2005 and earlier.
Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be Friends by Badmashii(m): 11:16am On Dec 31, 2023
Olatara:
You want to sleep with everything that comes your way abii?

Feel free, in my world friends are friends, boundaries should be set.

If i should remain just friend with a girl then the benefits should be huge and obvious. If not then she have to pay with her pussy.
Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be Friends by Farid24224(m): 1:21pm On Dec 31, 2023
Vinnie2000:

Lol,😄

Female BestieShip DEFENDERS should come and see your Post.😏

I did The Stuff with a Lady for 3 years. But she caught Feelings and I didn't Reciprocate her Love,
She Ghosted me and HATED me like Madt, thereafter. embarassed embarassed

Me am not scare that she wouldn't reciprocate my love. But I am scared she would ghost me for loving her..

1 Like

Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be Friends by Illegal1(m): 2:36pm On Dec 31, 2023
iamtardey:
when you dey plan fxck her wotowoto New year eve is tomorrow sha sharp

omoh..........bahd guy
Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be Friends by ifinger: 2:44pm On Dec 31, 2023
All the once I fkd started off as bestie even though a few came for the pipe

1 Like

Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be Friends by BigDickProblems: 5:41pm On Dec 31, 2023
WINDSOW:

Guy, you s!ck o.
S3x kill u there. Ewu

You don't have sense since you couldn't read meaning to my post. Olukwu.
Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be Friends by BigDickProblems: 5:44pm On Dec 31, 2023
Eriokanmi:
After seeing your moniker, I didn't bother to speak my mind. Be civil little boy. Not everyone is a dog

Some of you just don't have sense.
Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be Friends by egopersonified(f): 6:04pm On Dec 31, 2023
I have 4 people I call friends, closer than siblings. 2 are men. We all respect each other. We are all rising together. They are my happy places without pressure to impress or hide our increase. I love all 4 of them.
Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be Friends by GABRIEL6036: 6:27pm On Dec 31, 2023
Only for friends with benefit😉😀😀😇🤪🤪🤪
Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be Friends by Nobody: 6:48pm On Dec 31, 2023
noun
plural noun: friends; plural noun: Friends
a person with whom one has a bond of mutual affection, typically one exclusive of sexual or family relations.
Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be Friends by Osuwoigwe(m): 9:32pm On Dec 31, 2023
Both leave in different worlds of life, there is a saying that goes like this “let the rat avoid the cat and let the cat avoid the rat”
Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be Friends by MrCork: 9:50pm On Dec 31, 2023
rabankonchas:
Very thoughtful answers.....

why not? i fukk my friends & i no longer truss them!!(no oofeincse) angry
Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be Friends by casualobserver: 11:43am On Jan 01
maasoap:

They're friends and he's a man who she thinks would probably understand the mind of another man and she trusts him not to mislead her. Must she take advice from her family members even when she feels that she doesn't want family members involved?

You clearly do not understand. They are not supposed to be friends in the first place. How can you as a wife have a male friend that is not also a friend to your husband? Plus the wife, plus the so called friend are daft.

The reason why a married woman is seeking advice from you a male whp is neither a friend of the husband or a relative is because she is daft or a poorly brought up woman without self respect to start with. If she had any self respect, you would not friends. So it is no surprise she has problems at home. Again if you were well brought up and had any self respect, you would distance yourself from married women. The only business a man has with a married woman is professional or as a friend of the family. Family means you are a friend to both the husband and the wife.

Once a woman marries, her marital problems are not your business and you as a man should not be in a position where she can come to you. You should be worried that a married woman is confiding in you. I don’t know what kind of upbringing and values we have in society that I even need to explain this to people.

Would you want your own wife sharing details of your relationship with strangers or running to another man every time you have problems? What is wrong with you people?

2 Likes

Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be Friends by casualobserver: 11:49am On Jan 01
brain54:

I live in the moment pls...

You digress a bit. All friendships end eventually for one reason or the other. I have also had very good male friends in the past some we no longer relate with each other. Some we relate just in passing. That bond that make a good friendship no longer there. Not that they were issues but maybe the friendship had served its purpose and we out grew it and moved on. These were guys we were so close we did everything together apart from sleeping with each other's girlfriends.

You think married guys do not end relationships with their unmarried male buddies too? I can tell you a personal story for free of how a guy I was best man for at his wedding started acting up right after the reception of his wedding towards his unmarried buddies and how he will "welcome" them back to the "click" when the become later married.

What is real friendship? Bro I feel everyone- male and female go into friendships for a reason. You are friends with your friends for a reason Dude. Does that mean you are taking advantage of them? Could be companionship or whatever... In the end no intention is truly genuine 100 percent.

Don't make it sound like women are villains for these reasons. Life happens.

It's odd and off you would say "the only friends a guy can ever have are his female relatives"
People do have sincere friendships with the opposite sex. I used my case as an example.

For the records none of My female friends were unattractive or ugly. I remember one in particular being a hottie and well composed/calm person who all the guys wanted.

In the very end we all have our different interpretation of life!

If you have a female friend your wife is not aware of, there is something unwholesome about the relationship. If you are friends with a man’s wife and he is not aware of or fully aware of the nature of your friendship, there is something unwholesome about the relationship. Full stop!

You are not brought up well if you think as a married woman or man you can have platonic friendships with people of different sex that are not also friends to your partner or a relative.

Does your father have female friends that is not also a friend to the family? Does your mother have male friends that are not friends to the father or the family? Nonsense!

If you have a relationship/friendship so close to someone that you share intimate details and your partners are not aware of it, it is a signal, you should not be in that relationship/friendship.

There is nothing like different interpretations of life. There is right and there is wrong, there is moral and there is immoral. “Different interpretations of life” and all that crap is what people say to justify bad immoral and wrong behavior.

2 Likes

Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be Friends by brain54(m): 12:12pm On Jan 01
casualobserver:

If you have a female friend your wife is not aware of, there is something unwholesome about the relationship. If you are friends with a man’s wife and he is not aware of or fully aware of the nature of your friendship, there is something unwholesome about the relationship. Full stop!

You are not brought up well if you think as a married woman or man you can have platonic friendships with people of different sex that are not also friends to your partner or a relative.

Does your father have female friends that is not also a friend to the family? Does your mother have male friends that are not friends to the father or the family? Nonsense!

If you have a relationship/friendship so close to someone that you share intimate details and your partners are not aware of it, it is a signal, you should not be in that relationship/friendship.

There is nothing like different interpretations of life. There is right and there is wrong, there is moral and there is immoral. “Different interpretations of life” and all that crap is what people say to justify bad immoral and wrong behavior.
You have really gone kukuu dude...
Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be Friends by casualobserver: 12:28pm On Jan 01
brain54:

You have really gone kukuu dude...

My friend, if between your parenting, your church or mosque, your school and your friends you became an adult without a firm sense of certain ground rules of life, then there is nothing I can say on Nairaland that will make a difference.

2 Likes

Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be Friends by izibili44: 8:57pm On Jan 01
Yes I have a female friend for about 15 years

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

My (AS) Genotype. A Major Hindrance In Getting Married On Time. / Join An Erotic Whatsapp Group Drop Your Number. For Matured Minds Only / Big Dick, Breast And Butts Naturally Without Side Effects FREE INFO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.