Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,723 members, 7,813,387 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:40 AM

Can A Man And A Woman Be Friends - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can A Man And A Woman Be Friends (27491 Views)

Should A Woman Be Bothered About Not Being Good In Bed? / We Broke Up And She Still Wants Us To Be Friends / I Asked Her Out, But She Said Let's Just Be Friends (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be Friends by Safola45: 4:38am On Dec 31, 2023
There is nothing wrong to have a female best friend u we gain alot if you do it with sense
Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be Friends by casualobserver: 4:41am On Dec 31, 2023
DanielsParker:

I have one and she recently got a man, but she won’t stop calling me. I’ve turned to relationship counselor.

With due respect she is not acting right and you are not acting properly. Think to yourself, would you like your wife running to a man with all your marital problems, would you not feel disrespected? So why do that to another man?

The only male a wife should take her marital problems to (if she must her problems outside) are a male relative or her husband’s closest friend. Note I use singular. A good wife has one, no more than 2 male relatives or her husbands’ confidants that she can trust with her marital problems, if they are such that need external intervention. Her marital problems are not your business and again I repeat you are disrespecting her husband. What goes around comes around.

If she had any sense as a woman she wouldn’t bring her marital problems to you, if you had any wisdom as a man, and we’re truly her friend, you would tell her she is disrespecting her marriage and her husband by bringing her marital affairs to you. That is the acid test of your so called friendship. The minute you do she will stop calling you, but it is the right thing to tell her. So you see now that you really are not friends. Because you should be able to tell the truth to a friend without the relationship ending.

As a man you have no business in another woman’s marital affairs, the only women that should ever come to you are the wives of your best friend/brother/s or your sister/relative.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be Friends by kunle75(m): 4:55am On Dec 31, 2023
rabankonchas:
Very thoughtful answers.....

Yes from distance but No Because it's just a matter of time before they Bleep

1 Like

Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be Friends by mrblessed(m): 4:58am On Dec 31, 2023
Never. It's not possible. They only deceive themselves for some time.

2 Likes

Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be Friends by Frankcallys(m): 5:00am On Dec 31, 2023
The truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth!!! A man...

3 Likes

Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be Friends by modernWays: 5:13am On Dec 31, 2023
Ireportlive:

You are still young, just look at your moniker sef, you are not worth arguing with Mr bigdick

He is telling you an obvious truth, no age limit for a man who truly like sex. Try going out more and see older people carrying fresh young girls up and down.

Except you are deceiving yourself, you can't be a good friend to an opposite sex withiout setting a strict boundaries, and it becomes impossible if the person has a jealous partner. No sain man or woman will allow too much closeness of opposite sex to their partner, even if they are doing business together.

3 Likes

Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be Friends by dangotesmummy: 5:25am On Dec 31, 2023
Can Yam and goat be friends?

3 Likes

Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be Friends by Vinnie2000(m): 5:27am On Dec 31, 2023
Chienex24:

Because you forgot you where never in a relationship with her in the first place!! So where is the dumping?

I don't understand why we can have true love for brothers and sisters but when it comes to opposite sex of another different family, we start listing criteria of impossibilities

Ogbeni, Catching of FEELINGS must creep in from either the Guy or Lady. undecided

Anyone in a BestieShip, who believes otherwise is Deceiving his/her self. sad sad

1 Like

Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be Friends by Vinnie2000(m): 5:34am On Dec 31, 2023
Farid24224:
I don't really know about older men and women but as a 21 year old, I have a female friend and I never felt anything for her until recently 😢

It is so hard because you have to hide it from her

Lol,😄

Female BestieShip DEFENDERS should come and see your Post.😏

I did The Stuff with a Lady for 3 years. But she caught Feelings and I didn't Reciprocate her Love,
She Ghosted me and HATED me like Madt, thereafter. embarassed embarassed

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be Friends by Vinnie2000(m): 5:42am On Dec 31, 2023
jimpix11:
Yes,

I used to have a very close friend in my uni days. We never f*ucked but did all other sheri sheri.

It's been 12years now, she's happily married but I still regret not gbanshing that pussy.

Terrible terrible mate. Those nights when I fingered her deep down still hunts me.

Ere kini Aja ba ekun se grin

Hehehe,

See Weyrey.😄

And you said Yes, a Male and Female can be Best friends? 😏😏

1 Like

Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be Friends by eallstar: 5:46am On Dec 31, 2023
Can a GOAT and a LION be friends?

1 Like

Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be Friends by Juliearth(f): 5:48am On Dec 31, 2023
rabankonchas:

Why not? There is more to life and friendship and toxicity that is promoted on social media.
Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be Friends by tete7000(m): 5:54am On Dec 31, 2023
Of course, if you are not a reprobate or a scoun_drel like Playmaker14 who have no sense but yet attribute so much importance to himself despite having an empty skull.
Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be Friends by Emmanuel30a: 6:07am On Dec 31, 2023
rabankonchas:
No!
Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be Friends by Breadnote: 6:16am On Dec 31, 2023
Talk to a guidance counselor psychologist.(for counseling). depression.addiction.low self esteem.how to recover from heartbreak.how to be successful in life.how to be focused in life.suicidal thoughts.how to find a life partner.how to. Be fullfilled in life.phone-07062106186
Whatsapp-07062106186.
Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be Friends by Fiscus105(m): 6:19am On Dec 31, 2023
Tranquility2345:
Never ever trust a girl that has male besties or that prefers to hang with guys. In most cases, she’s fukking them.

Those friendships occur because one person is attracted to the other that may not find them desirable at the moment. The undesired one accepts to be friend zoned with the hope of something happening in the future. And in many cases, something go happen. Una go fight and that bestie go take advantage to shine Congo. Infact, Bestie go dey pray say make una dey fight well well grin

Infact, girls that do write, "love you", "react in love emoji", "my boo", "my dear" for random guys on Facebook, in which they would say it's just for fun of it and thr is nothing btw them.

Beware of them, these girls/women fucck several of such guys , if u can get into their private chat, it will shock u.
Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be Friends by GVTAsiwaju(m): 6:20am On Dec 31, 2023
Why do you want to put yourself in a complicated position? People sha like wahala

What kind of friendship is that?
Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be Friends by sumomoh101: 6:23am On Dec 31, 2023
A man and woman can be friends. It only depends on what the relationship will be like.
Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be Friends by PureNigerDeltan(m): 6:26am On Dec 31, 2023
Yes but one olorib*ruku will goan catch feelings and spoil it🤦🏾‍♂️
Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be Friends by Crumbian: 6:34am On Dec 31, 2023
malaria:
Yes full time. Not all men want sex from women , not all women want money from men ..If you ever find a genuine friendship of the opposite sex .you will know life is not all about sex. The main thing they should all draw their boundaries when necessary.

Even malaria dey give advice. We are, truly, at the end of days. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be Friends by Fiscus105(m): 6:35am On Dec 31, 2023
Invest4growth:
What is bad in it. Sex is mutually agreed but everything is not sex. There are women that you can use to your advantage to grow your business to the benefit of both of you. Take my case, I have female friend that I have not seen since year 2020 but we chat regularly. She is happily married. She brings business from her and we share profit. We are not dating no assistance sex no sext chats, no nude pictures nothing romantic. But we chat nearly everyday. Even if it is to drop a sticker. When my wife is nagging and moody, what I do is I just book a call to her and we discuss other issues to allow my woman to cool off. We don't discuss family issues. I don't discuss my wife. She does not discuss her husband. It was her status that revealed she was the second wife of her husband and I never asked her but I know. But if there is money to be made, I am.her first contact.

First, the scenario you narrated is business partner and not friendship, but let say it's even friendship

If it's ur wife that is in your shoe, will you allow her? infact, will you give her opportunity to invite the man for discussion? Even when the man comes out clear that nothing more than business, will you still biliv and allow ur wife to continue friendship?

If ur wife chatting with a male friend deep into 2pm, how will you feel?

That's how marriage do crack and crash, if ur own wife strat chatting and having male friends, how will you chastise her when you urself is guilty of it?

If you leave her to be having friend just because you have, if her own now degenerate to ammouros, who will u blame?

Oga, I will advise you to reduce the friendship to bare minimum in which ur wife will even notice, don't let devil crack ur marriage because of things u think are not significant.
WE SHOULD LEARN HOW TO PLAY THE GAME OF MARRIAGE ACCORDING TO DICTATE OF ITS RULES.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be Friends by Uchenna10(m): 6:39am On Dec 31, 2023
Olatara:
I have two male friends and I can't have sex with them. They more beneficial to me as friends.

Sometimes, I have the thoughts like if I sleep with so and so, how do we continue being friends?

Nah!!!

I reject am!

De play, they're also thinking the same way

Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be Friends by Crumbian: 6:41am On Dec 31, 2023
PureNigerDeltan:
Yes but one olorib*ruku will goan catch feelings and spoil it

Face fine, voice sexy, breast stand, booty fat and soft, skin fresh and smoof. How oloriburuku not go catch feelings? Tell me.

1 Like

Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be Friends by gassbee: 6:43am On Dec 31, 2023
Sexc is a very strong thing o, e go shock u
Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be Friends by Kay25(m): 6:52am On Dec 31, 2023
Yes you can be friends without any other attachments with it
Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be Friends by brain54(m): 6:53am On Dec 31, 2023
casualobserver:

I am glad you said “had” because all friendships with women end. That is ultimately why you cannot invest in a friendship with a woman…it ends the minute she marries. If it doesn’t then she is not a good woman and you are not a good man. It is disrespectful of you as a man to carry on a friendship with another man’s wife, so the minute she marries your friendship ends. This is assuming you actually had a real friendship in the beginning because she was most likely using you and you most likely were harbouring plans to get between her legs. Ask yourself, how many of your so called female friends were unattractive?

Women have men “friends” for different reasons, the one who helps her with her car problems, the one who takes her to club, the one who helps her with this the one who helps her with that. When a good woman marries, all her male related problems become her husbands responsibility and if she is well brought up and has any respect for herself and her husband, you will find out she stops calling you.

The only female friends a man can ever have are his female relatives. Otherwise you don’t know the meaning of friendship.
I live in the moment pls...

You digress a bit. All friendships end eventually for one reason or the other. I have also had very good male friends in the past some we no longer relate with each other. Some we relate just in passing. That bond that make a good friendship no longer there. Not that they were issues but maybe the friendship had served its purpose and we out grew it and moved on. These were guys we were so close we did everything together apart from sleeping with each other's girlfriends.

You think married guys do not end relationships with their unmarried male buddies too? I can tell you a personal story for free of how a guy I was best man for at his wedding started acting up right after the reception of his wedding towards his unmarried buddies and how he will "welcome" them back to the "click" when the become later married.

What is real friendship? Bro I feel everyone- male and female go into friendships for a reason. You are friends with your friends for a reason Dude. Does that mean you are taking advantage of them? Could be companionship or whatever... In the end no intention is truly genuine 100 percent.

Don't make it sound like women are villains for these reasons. Life happens.

It's odd and off you would say "the only friends a guy can ever have are his female relatives"
People do have sincere friendships with the opposite sex. I used my case as an example.

For the records none of My female friends were unattractive or ugly. I remember one in particular being a hottie and well composed/calm person who all the guys wanted.

In the very end we all have our different interpretation of life!

1 Like

Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be Friends by TemmyT002(m): 6:55am On Dec 31, 2023
Yeah, very possible, as long as they don't see each other often and don't see each other's unclothedness and neither of them has feelings for the other.

1 Like

Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be Friends by maasoap(m): 6:56am On Dec 31, 2023
rabankonchas:
Yes. And it is usually a cool friendship. But the thing can scatter the moment one of you have a partner who doesn't like you guys being friends as opposite genders.
I had one since year 2000 and we're still friends today despite being married for years.
Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be Friends by hotklasicboi: 6:57am On Dec 31, 2023
Well wel

It's so possible..

At times feelings may develop

And if not properly checked by them

It will be a time of coitus ...
Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be Friends by atiku4President(m): 6:58am On Dec 31, 2023
malaria:
Yes full time. Not all men want sex from women , not all women want money from men ..If you ever find a genuine friendship of the opposite sex .you will know life is not all about sex. The main thing they should all draw their boundaries when necessary.
No one can draw boundaries. Even you know you cannot. Stop saying what is not possible. The answer is capital NO.
Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be Friends by ifinger: 6:59am On Dec 31, 2023
If they are far from each other ! If they are close they will pipe themselves it's natural! And once u pipe d piping continues
Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be Friends by maasoap(m): 7:00am On Dec 31, 2023
rabankonchas:
malaria:
Yes. And it is usually a cool friendship. But the thing can scatter the moment one of you have a partner who doesn't like you guys being friends as opposite genders.
I had one since year 2000 and we're still friends today despite being married for years.

atiku4President:

No one can draw boundaries. Even you know you cannot. Stop saying what is not possible. The answer is capital NO.
Have you ever been there because I was there?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Can You Surgically Kill Your Sexual Urge To Please Your Partner? / "Marriage Is Not For Everyone": Words Of Single Aged Nigerian Ladies Today / Why Are Most Tattooed Nigerian Ladies Aggressively Rude, Unreliable&Promiscuous?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.