Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,012 members, 7,810,805 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:50 PM

2 Spoons: Wife Who Demonstrated Loyalty To Husband Gets Over ₦2M Cash Gift - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 2 Spoons: Wife Who Demonstrated Loyalty To Husband Gets Over ₦2M Cash Gift (36040 Views)

A Woman Brought 2 Spoons For My Husband At Work / Wife To Husband; Yes I Slept With Another Man. What Should He Do? / My Husband Gets Drunk, Defecates In My Pots, Woman Tells Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2 Spoons: Wife Who Demonstrated Loyalty To Husband Gets Over ₦2M Cash Gift by Classcaptain1(m): 10:30pm On Jan 06
SAMBARRY:
Nice one.i am really happy for her cheesy
SAMBARRY-BHOE BHOE, I agree with you.
Re: 2 Spoons: Wife Who Demonstrated Loyalty To Husband Gets Over ₦2M Cash Gift by cococandy(f): 10:39pm On Jan 06
So she wasn’t working and was still not making lunch for the man to begin with? She needed a reminder before she could start. What was she doing the whole time?

1 Like

Re: 2 Spoons: Wife Who Demonstrated Loyalty To Husband Gets Over ₦2M Cash Gift by NewDea4: 10:41pm On Jan 06
DesChyko:
A woman, Debbie OA, has been on the spotlight for the better part of over 24 hours and counting.

This fame and recognition came after she reacted to a post made by another social media user, supposedly having pity on a lady who had to wake up at 5 AM to cook lunch which her husband takes to work. In response, Debbie said "I've always been too lazy to wake up and get his lunch ready. But the day he told me a colleague brought two spoons so he'll eat with her, was the day I set my alarm for 4:50am." as a way of enlightening fellow women that it is a call to duty.

While this attracted praise from a lot of people, and smart remarks from others who sees it as if she is defending her territory, a number of feminists came hard on her for seemingly being a slave to the husband, insisting that he should be able to make his own meals himself. This resulted in a furore on social media with Debbie smartly and consistently defending her view point, insisting that she will keep doing that, even if she gets a job (she currently isn't working), much to the admiration of most people on social media.

A social media user who went through her profile shared one post she made on social media, saying her Christmas wish was to own a fridge, and her newfound admirers, took it upon themselves to fund that dream. Her account was requested for and when she provided it, social media users took it upon themselves to send in different sums. Within 12 hours, she came online to share her account balance in shock, which according to her, is more than she had ever gotten.

Precious thread: https://www.nairaland.com/7959501/woman-brought-2-spoons-husband

She demonstrated insecurity NOT loyalty

You guys need to learn how to think

3 Likes

Re: 2 Spoons: Wife Who Demonstrated Loyalty To Husband Gets Over ₦2M Cash Gift by rollywise(m): 10:45pm On Jan 06
When it's your time to be blessed, even if na hole, people go notice you. Imagine the owner of the post got nothing, but she that responded to a post that's not hers is getting all the blessings. My time dey come. If e come, na only sneeze I go sneeze and e go begin yield breakthroughs 🙏

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2 Spoons: Wife Who Demonstrated Loyalty To Husband Gets Over ₦2M Cash Gift by Angelfrost(m): 10:46pm On Jan 06
bentenny:

It's a way of encouraging her because feminist made it look as if she was being dumb or a slave to her hubby due to her actions!
If you also notice....there has been of recent some sort of scarcity in decent ladies due to the influx of feminist!
Hence in a bid to pepper the feminist who flooded her post with insults,X users esp guys filled up her account with enough cash!
Just confirming that her account kuda is about doubling the 2milluon she currently has in her account!
Her year has been made all because of one noble and voluntary action!

That makes so much sense... I never knew this.

Thanks Chief.

2 Likes

Re: 2 Spoons: Wife Who Demonstrated Loyalty To Husband Gets Over ₦2M Cash Gift by DesChyko: 10:49pm On Jan 06
NewDea4:

She demonstrated insecurity NOT loyalty

You guys need to learn how to think

I have some things to share with you, but the fact that you used 'guys' instead of 'men' in this case, makes me think you're likely not into the marriage business and is talking from a single man's point of view. 😎

In which case it is better to let you learn your own way.

4 Likes

Re: 2 Spoons: Wife Who Demonstrated Loyalty To Husband Gets Over ₦2M Cash Gift by OdefaGirl(f): 11:43pm On Jan 06
She's a "Nigerian girl" oo.....

Where are the team "Nigerian girls are useless"?... Na una dey collect aza dey send money oo.

Confused people.... In as much as there are bad eggs, there are good ones too.

2 Likes

Re: 2 Spoons: Wife Who Demonstrated Loyalty To Husband Gets Over ₦2M Cash Gift by DND069: 11:50pm On Jan 06
leisuretym:

Joyce of Nigeria info has misled a lot of women with her feminist programmes, I told my wife she will eventually move in with Joyce the day she started acting like the man in my house, if you want to be like Joyce , pack your load to Nigeria info, not asking for anything from you apart from peace of mind

Joyce is too masculine for my liking. I will pick Sandra over her.
Re: 2 Spoons: Wife Who Demonstrated Loyalty To Husband Gets Over ₦2M Cash Gift by yahoodetector: 12:01am On Jan 07
saphiere:
WOMEN ARE HEROS.....

But I am sure you would be against her waking up by 4:30am to cook for her husband just like those miserable feminists

1 Like

Re: 2 Spoons: Wife Who Demonstrated Loyalty To Husband Gets Over ₦2M Cash Gift by yahoodetector: 12:06am On Jan 07
lesson44:
Nigerians are very funny people. What are they sending money for? Is it for doing her job or for defending her territory?

They did that because when she made that comment, bitter feminists were talking her down but she stood her ground and still defended her stance. That alone won the admiration of some guys in X and they checked a past tweet she made about getting a fridge before December which she couldn't get and someone gave her the money to buy the fridge and that was how the cash donations started pouring in.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2 Spoons: Wife Who Demonstrated Loyalty To Husband Gets Over ₦2M Cash Gift by yahoodetector: 12:08am On Jan 07
lexy2014:

it is also a big shame to the men because it is a misplacement of priority. many Nigerians are fond of supporting nonsense and they will be shouting that the country is hard. from the look of things, the country is not hard. some people have money they dont need

Why are you in pains? grin grin

4 Likes

Re: 2 Spoons: Wife Who Demonstrated Loyalty To Husband Gets Over ₦2M Cash Gift by MightySparrow: 12:21am On Jan 07
The woman is such a beautiful girl with a beautiful heart.

1 Like

Re: 2 Spoons: Wife Who Demonstrated Loyalty To Husband Gets Over ₦2M Cash Gift by Babaken(m): 1:08am On Jan 07
saphiere:
WOMEN ARE HEROS.....
You can say that again and again
Re: 2 Spoons: Wife Who Demonstrated Loyalty To Husband Gets Over ₦2M Cash Gift by Enemyofpeace: 1:44am On Jan 07
Mtcheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew
Re: 2 Spoons: Wife Who Demonstrated Loyalty To Husband Gets Over ₦2M Cash Gift by Ikemba007: 6:10am On Jan 07
DesChyko:

Thanks for your insight. Can you please help us with the true version of things so we will not be misled?

God bless you!
Amen!

2 Likes

Re: 2 Spoons: Wife Who Demonstrated Loyalty To Husband Gets Over ₦2M Cash Gift by Vinnie2000(m): 6:30am On Jan 07
We4all:

Cooking is a female oriented chore assigned to women by men just to feel superior. Cooking is done by both hands and what stops a man from cooking if he isn't disabled?

So it's Adam that told Eve to start cooking for him,
before she started to?
Or Jacob that told his wives Leah and Rachael to start cooking,
before they agreed to?

Even Esau that was an Expert cook did so, because there was no Girl in their Family.
If Jacob had a Grown up Daughter, Esau wouldn't have been cooking. sad

You feminists are LAZY, PROUD and UNINTELLIGENT. undecided undecided
hat's why ur Gang is filled with Old Spinsters, Divorcees and Bitter Heart Broken ladies. embarassed cry

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2 Spoons: Wife Who Demonstrated Loyalty To Husband Gets Over ₦2M Cash Gift by Oladhips(m): 7:41am On Jan 07
Annahh:
She's doing her work though, not a new thing, our mothers did more. Feminism has made it look as if it's a sin to perform wifely duties.

No doubt.. Our parents did more than that.. Buh tbh in this today’s world such lady are really scarce..

1 Like

Re: 2 Spoons: Wife Who Demonstrated Loyalty To Husband Gets Over ₦2M Cash Gift by lendahand(m): 7:52am On Jan 07
lexy2014:

what is good about what these donors have done?
as days go by, women tend to make a big deal out of being a wife thereby depriving married men the real benefits of being married, and this women are the ones marriage favour the most as their time say tick tock just before a man proposes. Wherever extra efforts like the one mummy zee put in to rekindle the marriage pattern of our patriarchs surfaces, people rejoice and throw their weight behind it. Feminism and pressing-phone laziness will always be frowned at, get it into your head.
Re: 2 Spoons: Wife Who Demonstrated Loyalty To Husband Gets Over ₦2M Cash Gift by lendahand(m): 7:54am On Jan 07
Vinnie2000:

before she started to?
before they agreed to?

Even Esau that was an Expert cook did so, because there was no Girl in their Family.

hat's why ur Gang is filled with Old Spinsters, Divorcees and Bitter Heart Broken ladies. embarassed cry
Isaac rather

2 Likes

Re: 2 Spoons: Wife Who Demonstrated Loyalty To Husband Gets Over ₦2M Cash Gift by lendahand(m): 7:58am On Jan 07
OdefaGirl:
She's a "Nigerian girl" oo.....

Where are the team "Nigerian girls are useless"?... Na una dey collect aza dey send money oo.

Confused people.... In as much as there are bad eggs, there are good ones too.
good ones are becoming scarcer by the day. You see these African version of feminism will end up destroying most African women leaving them bitter and miserable.

1 Like

Re: 2 Spoons: Wife Who Demonstrated Loyalty To Husband Gets Over ₦2M Cash Gift by bukatyne(f): 8:02am On Jan 07
We4all:

If chores ain't stress, then what is it? Who wouldn't want to have maids do the chores?

I wonder o!
Re: 2 Spoons: Wife Who Demonstrated Loyalty To Husband Gets Over ₦2M Cash Gift by bukatyne(f): 8:03am On Jan 07
Vinnie2000:

Anyone who sees Chores as Stress is LAZY!😕😕

If you are staying ALONE in a Self contained for instance,
won't you wash or Clean your Dishes, clothes, Bathroom, Kitchen, etc by yourself? 😒

Now you are just trolling undecided
Re: 2 Spoons: Wife Who Demonstrated Loyalty To Husband Gets Over ₦2M Cash Gift by lexy2014: 8:05am On Jan 07
lendahand:
as days go by, women tend to make a big deal out of being a wife thereby depriving married men the real benefits of being married, and this women are the ones marriage favour the most as their time say tick tock just before a man proposes. Wherever extra efforts like the one mummy zee put in to rekindle the marriage pattern of our patriarchs surfaces, people rejoice and throw their weight behind it. Feminism and pressing-phone laziness will always be frowned at, get it into your head.

that is a good take but when you look at this whole thing, the lady in question is a lazy wife. in the first place, she is a housewife and has no other job but to sit at home while her husband goes out to hustle and provide shelter, clothing and food for her. but she felt too lazy or should we say too big to prepare his lunch. its only she felt that her security was threatened by her husbands colleague that she now said she will turn a new leaf. which means if the husband had no one feeding him in the office, then she would have gone one living her life as if her husband's welfare did not matter.

its great that givers want to make a point as you said, but for me, the woman had a bad character all along, the same feminist mentality

1 Like

Re: 2 Spoons: Wife Who Demonstrated Loyalty To Husband Gets Over ₦2M Cash Gift by bukatyne(f): 8:07am On Jan 07
Fidecoo:
I don search up and down this post to see jeon comment.
Men and women can never be equals.
A man is a man
And a woman should be a woman.

It pays to know your stand and status.

Humbleness pays.

What has equality got to do with this?

Or how is the woman 'inferior because she wakes up early to cook for her husband?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2 Spoons: Wife Who Demonstrated Loyalty To Husband Gets Over ₦2M Cash Gift by We4all: 8:20am On Jan 07
Vinnie2000:

before she started to?
before they agreed to?

You are intelligent but was quick to assign me a gender and tag me a feminist for saying that anyone can cook.

You are intelligent but unable to decipher that if cooking was a female oriented chore, Esau's mother could have handled it exclusively. Or one of their female servants could have done so. There was no need for Esau to cook since his father (Isaac) and not Jacob as stated by you was rich and had both male and female servants.

You are intelligent but didn't know that Jesus cooked bread and fish, Lot cooked, Gideon cooked, but they all had females surrounding them.

Lastly, you are intelligent but too dumb to admit that most female divorcees left their marriages because their husbands were abusers and philanderers who slept with their maids, daughters and everything with a hole. This is 2024, just try and have sense.

1 Like

Re: 2 Spoons: Wife Who Demonstrated Loyalty To Husband Gets Over ₦2M Cash Gift by lexy2014: 8:22am On Jan 07
yahoodetector:

Why are you in pains? grin grin

which pains is that?
Re: 2 Spoons: Wife Who Demonstrated Loyalty To Husband Gets Over ₦2M Cash Gift by bizzibodi(m): 8:29am On Jan 07
saphiere:
WOMEN ARE HEROS.....
99.9% of the contributions came men.
Re: 2 Spoons: Wife Who Demonstrated Loyalty To Husband Gets Over ₦2M Cash Gift by lexy2014: 8:30am On Jan 07
We4all:

You are intelligent but was quick to assign me a gender and tag me a feminist for saying that anyone can cook.

You are intelligent but unable to decipher that if cooking was a female oriented chore, Esau's mother could have handled it exclusively. Or one of their female servants could have done so. There was no need for Esau to cook since his father (Isaac) and not Jacob as stated by you was rich and had both male and female servants.

You are intelligent but didn't know that Jesus cooked bread and fish, Lot cooked, Gideon cooked, but they all had females surrounding them.

Lastly, you are intelligent but too dumb to admit that most female divorcees left their marriages because their husbands were abusers and philanderers who slept with their maids, daughters and everything with a hole. This is 2024, just try and have sense.
when did Jesus cook bread and fish?

even in the case of Jacob and Esau, was it not Rebekah who eventually cooked for Jacob and asked him to take to his father?

by the way, was Esau cooking for his father a routine or a one off?
Re: 2 Spoons: Wife Who Demonstrated Loyalty To Husband Gets Over ₦2M Cash Gift by lexy2014: 8:31am On Jan 07
bukatyne:

Now you are just trolling undecided
how is he trolling? is there anything he said that is not true?
Re: 2 Spoons: Wife Who Demonstrated Loyalty To Husband Gets Over ₦2M Cash Gift by HellVictorinho6(m): 8:49am On Jan 07
They must do transfer 4 sucking his dick too undecided
Re: 2 Spoons: Wife Who Demonstrated Loyalty To Husband Gets Over ₦2M Cash Gift by victorDanladi: 9:12am On Jan 07
Annahh:
She's doing her work though, not a new thing, our mothers did more. Feminism has made it look as if it's a sin to perform wifely duties.
Its even stupidity.

He was not even doing it out of loyalty or respect for her husband but for the fear of her husband been stolen.

Nigerians pay attention to unnecessary frivolities!

1 Like

Re: 2 Spoons: Wife Who Demonstrated Loyalty To Husband Gets Over ₦2M Cash Gift by We4all: 9:13am On Jan 07
lexy2014:

when did Jesus cook bread and fish?

even in the case of Jacob and Esau, was it not Rebekah who eventually cooked for Jacob and asked him to take to his father?

by the way, was Esau cooking for his father a routine or a one off?

Go and read John 21:1-14. It was stated that Jesus cooked bread and fish.

In the case of Jacob and Esau, it was stated that Jacob always did the cooking. He cooked beans, vegetables, stew, while Esau was always hunting. The question is, why didn't his mother or female servants handle the cooking?

In addition, you just shot yourself in the foot by saying Rebecca prepared the meal he took to his dad. That means, if Rebecca was strong enough to cook, why was Jacob always cooking as stated in the bible?

And for your digestion, Rebecca cooked that last meal for Jacob as a favor because she wanted it to have a special taste so that Jacob could get his father's blessings.

It's obvious you are ignorant of stuffs you argue about just to sound woke. Cooking is a skill and anyone can handle it. But unrefined Nigerian men are always quick to assign it to women. Cooking doesn't make you less of a man. Know this and have peace.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Banned From Speaking My Language To My Baby / White SA Mother Loses 5 Kids In Massive Gas Explosion (PICS) / Man Celebrates As His Wife Gives Birth After 17 Years Of Trying (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.