Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,867 members, 7,810,305 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:31 AM

Banker, Amarachi Ugochukwu Commits Suicide In Lagos (Pics, Suicide Note) - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Banker, Amarachi Ugochukwu Commits Suicide In Lagos (Pics, Suicide Note) (81554 Views)

Beautiful Lady Drops Suicide Note On Facebook (Photos) / Man Found Dead Alongside His Girlfriend In Delta Left 'Suicide Note' / Missing Dele Bandele Commits Suicide Over Depression (Suicide Note) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Banker, Amarachi Ugochukwu Commits Suicide In Lagos (Pics, Suicide Note) by Solofresh2: 9:40am On Jan 11
TheBTCinvestor:
My God...I remember when I used to work In the Diamond bank now Access bank in 2013 as a full staff marketer....I was bashed because of low figures, disgraced during MPR, talked down on my colleagues, my salary was poor and I felt my future was bleak. It was a long struggle till I left for keystone bank and the harassment to meet deposit and risk asset continued...Imagine being told to raise 400m in 6month
I was always responding to queries stating why i havent met 60percent of my target..this affected me in many ways and I still have PTSD. Omo thank God....My Jehova came thru and gave me a good oil and gas offer that disgraced my enemies...They thought they had won by kicking me out..little did they know God had a better plan. Bank job is not for the weak!!!..I totally understand her frustration. cry
I understand your struggle. Only bankers will understand especially marketers

4 Likes

Re: Banker, Amarachi Ugochukwu Commits Suicide In Lagos (Pics, Suicide Note) by Southwestidiot: 9:40am On Jan 11
officialwdhtv:
Reports reaching us are that a certain Amarachi, who is a staff of Globus Bank, Ikorodu, Lagos committed suicide yesterday

Very sad!!!

#wetindeyhappentv

https://www.instagram.com/p/C187Xxornv9/?igsh=cjA0b2FoMnZhaWVu

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid0re4joj7tk6KCx3JCAQdQPUBmB32RryzQNF6bSq8683wpk5oxuZzj6FR11ZDcKP23l&id=100055509911912&mibextid=2JQ9oc
I know this girl, I saw her when I visited the ikorodu branch for enquiry. A very calm and pretty girl. Chai lord have mercy

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Banker, Amarachi Ugochukwu Commits Suicide In Lagos (Pics, Suicide Note) by YesGodcan(m): 9:41am On Jan 11
May God in his infinate mercy grant her soul eternal rest and give her relations the fortitude to bear the lose.. Amen🙏

Please my dear friends and NLanders, we are living in perilous times and the works of the wicked ones is in its highest. Ytwo days ago, I was talking to two friends, one of them has been in Germany for over 7years while the other just left Germany to Italy and their stories are the same. They are both nearly in depression with no money, no work, and no proper documentations.

I offered to pray for them since then and I have been sending them prayers and advice till this morning.

I want you to know that this problem is not limited to Nigeria or africa alone, it is worldwide and in every category.

I am pastor domenico and you can find my contact in my signature. I am always available to pray for you and also give you the best advice you may ever need especially in this very critical moment.

Happy 2024 🍾

4 Likes

Re: Banker, Amarachi Ugochukwu Commits Suicide In Lagos (Pics, Suicide Note) by KINGKUTTER55: 9:42am On Jan 11
the federal Govt should ban this SNIPER , it has been hacked !!!!
Re: Banker, Amarachi Ugochukwu Commits Suicide In Lagos (Pics, Suicide Note) by blowjohn(m): 9:42am On Jan 11
play5050:
Suicide is never an option.
If suicide is they way out
I could have been long gone already.

Like this am on the run for a debt of about 500k and I dnt have a job or a means of paying back.

I was doing a nice job before I mistakenly invest someone money into forex that is killing me slowly

The man is looking for me everywhere in lagos, the guy that connects me with the man is looking for me

I have no where to go, am just a dead man walking around lagos streets.

My son is to resume school, what should I do, am even looking for a security job, just to get a safe place to stay while I think of how am going to get out of this problem.

I cannot kill myself, las las na to arrest me, lock me up for months or days.

At this point I don't even mind to steal if I know where I can get this money from.

Easy buy are disturbing me for their loan, life is just too hard for me at this moment.

Only God can help me but suicide is never an option.

I cannot die because of 500k

sulakishop:
The economy is frustrating, I swear but not the best option especially when employed. What should those unemployed do?

U won't understand.
Mental illness is something Nigerians underrate a lot.

What will make a man kill another man cos of 20k?

Do u understand what depression is?

Do u know anything about psychiatry?

Do u know there is only a thing line between sanity and insanity?

Do u know how chemicals in the brain work?

Why is addiction difficult to stop?

See let me tell u something: what ur going thru is not what that Lady went thru.

Medically, if u know what depression and anxiety can cause u will be shocked to ur bones.

Spiritually if u understand that they can be connected, u will thank God for ur life every minute.

Mental illness is no joke. It's scary, eerie, complex, strange yet the society pays no mind.

U said 500k cannot make u commit suicide. Am happy for u.

Cos av met many in my line of work that had suicidal thoughts cos of less than 100k die to loan sharks.

U see the mind eh? Don't joke with it o.

No wonder Nas, the greatest lyricist of all time said in his song:

Let's take three brothers and put them in the bing or something
Who's gon' survive, the wise man, the fool or the warrior?
Well if all of their minds are chisel, then all of them

1 Like

Re: Banker, Amarachi Ugochukwu Commits Suicide In Lagos (Pics, Suicide Note) by stacyadams: 9:43am On Jan 11
Solofresh2:
I understand your struggle. Only bankers will understand especially marketers

Are you a banker bro?
Re: Banker, Amarachi Ugochukwu Commits Suicide In Lagos (Pics, Suicide Note) by Web2020: 9:43am On Jan 11
Another blood on Prof. Mahmud and Tinubu's heads. God will judge all of you all.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Banker, Amarachi Ugochukwu Commits Suicide In Lagos (Pics, Suicide Note) by ThierryJay: 9:44am On Jan 11
blkmum700:
RIP to her. Am I the only person with a contrary view on this? I believed the whole thing was staged; someone probably killed her inside that toilet and had it staged as suicide; she could have just committed suicide in her house. Why the bank toilet?

She must have used the bank premises so as to clearly implicate the bank as the primary cause of her decision.

If she committed suicide at home, people might attribute it to relationship issues or some other remote causes.

It's her way of telling the bank, "this is on you", and by extension she's brought the plight of other hapless bank marketers to limelight for others to fight their cause.

16 Likes

Re: Banker, Amarachi Ugochukwu Commits Suicide In Lagos (Pics, Suicide Note) by lexy2014: 9:44am On Jan 11
These are the people that have made sniper expensive making cockroaches to be having a field day
Re: Banker, Amarachi Ugochukwu Commits Suicide In Lagos (Pics, Suicide Note) by Golan007: 9:45am On Jan 11
crackhouse:
The country failed u

Country didn't fail her.

She simply didn't have the willpower.

Others have had it worse and either accepted their plight or had the doggedness to see it through with many coming out victorious.

Even abroad, you will face challenges that seem insurmountable.

There's always hope.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Banker, Amarachi Ugochukwu Commits Suicide In Lagos (Pics, Suicide Note) by toms55(m): 9:45am On Jan 11
sulakishop:
The economy is frustrating, I swear but not the best option especially when employed. What should those unemployed do?

They may be threatening her with her job due to the low figures, one of the downsides of bank marketing job

5 Likes

Re: Banker, Amarachi Ugochukwu Commits Suicide In Lagos (Pics, Suicide Note) by Pineapplelove: 9:45am On Jan 11
I'm passed through the same last December. I made some posts about it on nairaland and some called me different names. Some even called me a scammer
So many insensitive posts

5 Likes

Re: Banker, Amarachi Ugochukwu Commits Suicide In Lagos (Pics, Suicide Note) by Danielomisco(m): 9:46am On Jan 11
1Alex:
I think it's time influencial people started campaigning against bank marketing job to deter people from taking up the job.
The thing is that kind of job elevates from unemployed state which is more depressing.
Re: Banker, Amarachi Ugochukwu Commits Suicide In Lagos (Pics, Suicide Note) by Autobot05: 9:46am On Jan 11
I don’t blame her because many of we young ones are caught up with this decision because the future looks bleak

Many Employers are shitty
Tinubu is shitty
Buhari is shitty

Life isn’t fair

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Banker, Amarachi Ugochukwu Commits Suicide In Lagos (Pics, Suicide Note) by lexy2014: 9:46am On Jan 11
blkmum700:
RIP to her. Am I the only person with a contrary view on this? I believed the whole thing was staged; someone probably killed her inside that toilet and had it staged as suicide; she could have just committed suicide in her house. Why the bank toilet?

Who killed her?
Re: Banker, Amarachi Ugochukwu Commits Suicide In Lagos (Pics, Suicide Note) by SleekyP(m): 9:47am On Jan 11
Danielomisco:
"my figures are low" marketing job damnnn...very depressing work , suicide is not an option tho.sorry dear rip.
Hmmmmm….MPR is not for the fainted heart.

RIP
Re: Banker, Amarachi Ugochukwu Commits Suicide In Lagos (Pics, Suicide Note) by HarunaWest(m): 9:47am On Jan 11
dominique:
The bank has a big hand in her death. The government need to wake up and set up an institution that caters to staff welfare. NLC only fights for government workers' minimum wage and their own pockets. We need a regulatory body where staff can report workplaces with bad working conditions. These banks give their marketers ridiculous targets yet no one is talking about it. Now someone has taken her life due to the pressure, things must not continue like this.
If you can't meet up with targets, you jejely resign. Stop making it look like the bank had a fault in her death. In every organization, marketers are always on target, in the banks, that is their major KPI. Bringing in deposits. When you cant meet up in marketing, you can even ask for reassignment to cash operations or funds transfer unit. The bank has a right to set target, some people perform below par, some are average and others smash their targets. It is from this same target these banks use to pay staff salaries and cater for the bank. Don't blame the bank for anything, rather blame the individual that was already overwhelmed with the responsibilities of being a Nigerian.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Banker, Amarachi Ugochukwu Commits Suicide In Lagos (Pics, Suicide Note) by yewit37486: 9:47am On Jan 11
kingthreat:

Her face was covered.

Makes no difference. Ask yourself, if this was me, would I want my picture displayed online like this?
Re: Banker, Amarachi Ugochukwu Commits Suicide In Lagos (Pics, Suicide Note) by Ashirioluwa: 9:47am On Jan 11
In a normal world, incidents like this will be thoroughly investigated because most cases that we call suicide in this country are actually not. Most of those cases are actually homicides, but we don't have good detective teams that can investigate them.

Anyway, I have watched too many American crime TV shows, and this is making me doubt most things that happen here in Nigeria.

I hope someone in the office is not behind this incident to cover up a big fraud case.

2 Likes

Re: Banker, Amarachi Ugochukwu Commits Suicide In Lagos (Pics, Suicide Note) by emmyN(m): 9:47am On Jan 11
When someone dies by suicide, why do some folks jump in to type "suicide is not an option"? I find it daft, insensitive, and an insult to the victim. You all can do better.

6 Likes

Re: Banker, Amarachi Ugochukwu Commits Suicide In Lagos (Pics, Suicide Note) by fineboynl(m): 9:47am On Jan 11
illicit:
This is why I drink one or two bottles after a very long day...

I buy a chilled beer instead of sniper

🕶️
drunkard don't commit suicide on depression. They only do for health challenges
Re: Banker, Amarachi Ugochukwu Commits Suicide In Lagos (Pics, Suicide Note) by Danielomisco(m): 9:48am On Jan 11
anonymuz:
I tell you. Hmmmm, depression is real. Talk to someone if you're in that state. I'm in that state.
damnn...take it easy and remember time changes everything

1 Like

Re: Banker, Amarachi Ugochukwu Commits Suicide In Lagos (Pics, Suicide Note) by APOPTOSIS: 9:48am On Jan 11
dominique:
The bank has a big hand in her death. The government need to wake up and set up an institution that caters to staff welfare. NLC only fights for government workers' minimum wage and their own pockets. We need a regulatory body where staff can report workplaces with bad working conditions. These banks give their marketers ridiculous targets yet no one is talking about it. Now someone has taken her life due to the pressure, things must not continue like this.
You are correct my dear😭😭
TOPICS of how these Banks and Private SchooLs demean their staff should regularly hit the front pages of Nairaland, Instagram and almost every social media platform, rather we have nudes floating everywhere.
The pressure on such people is just too much.
Unrealistic devilish Targets.

2 Likes

Re: Banker, Amarachi Ugochukwu Commits Suicide In Lagos (Pics, Suicide Note) by Realdeals(m): 9:48am On Jan 11
We should be careful of the kind of information we consume.
Re: Banker, Amarachi Ugochukwu Commits Suicide In Lagos (Pics, Suicide Note) by Danielomisco(m): 9:48am On Jan 11
SleekyP:

Hmmmmm….MPR is not for the fainted heart.

RIP
I swear bro,I hated Monday's

1 Like

Re: Banker, Amarachi Ugochukwu Commits Suicide In Lagos (Pics, Suicide Note) by yewit37486: 9:48am On Jan 11
Firstorderwizard:
Like this eeh, no be the country dey even tire me, na people I dey share the same country with dey weak me pass.
Stone hearted, uncivilized animal beings who called themselves Nigerians. embarassed

Honestly, e tire person.
Other countries, when such happens, the body is immediately covered up, but here na to snap and post. Very senseless animalistic act.
Re: Banker, Amarachi Ugochukwu Commits Suicide In Lagos (Pics, Suicide Note) by Pineapplelove: 9:49am On Jan 11
TheBTCinvestor:
My God...I remember when I used to work In the Diamond bank now Access bank in 2013 as a full staff marketer....I was bashed because of low figures, disgraced during MPR, talked down on my colleagues, my salary was poor and I felt my future was bleak. It was a long struggle till I left for keystone bank and the harassment to meet deposit and risk asset continued...Imagine being told to raise 400m in 6month
I was always responding to queries stating why i havent met 60percent of my target..this affected me in many ways and I still have PTSD. Omo thank God....My Jehova came thru and gave me a good oil and gas offer that disgraced my enemies...They thought they had won by kicking me out..little did they know God had a better plan. Bank job is not for the weak!!!..I totally understand her frustration. cry

You are lucky
Re: Banker, Amarachi Ugochukwu Commits Suicide In Lagos (Pics, Suicide Note) by bonnyhope: 9:49am On Jan 11
illicit:
This is why I drink one or two bottles after a very long day...

I buy a chilled beer instead of sniper

🕶️

Na the same thing just that beer kills slowly while snipper kills instantly
Re: Banker, Amarachi Ugochukwu Commits Suicide In Lagos (Pics, Suicide Note) by Focusmind: 9:50am On Jan 11
......And she must have celebrated the day she got the offer letter from the bank. Depression is just too wicked. Mental health and strength is very necessary. Rest in peace, young lady. Your support system seemed to have failed you. Please, speak up if you are passing through any form of stress or mental imbalance. A friend whose wife was in Canada, called that she had broken down from hectic school work, assignments and no support system to cope with and needed to come back home. Omo, my guy refused but I had to talk to him, which he later agreed.

She had to defer her studies to return back to Nigeria this last Christmas pending when she is mentally strong to continue with her studies...... this was someone that had not been in school for the past 11 years, selling baby clothing online and knew no jack again about studies. Going to school with her two kids was so overwhelming, which I understood, but the husband was looking at the money he had committed in the program. Thank God, good wisdom prevailed. Sometimes, it is good to speak up about your challenges and difficulties so that help could come. Don't mind those that may not like your decision or action. Mental health is real!

10 Likes

Re: Banker, Amarachi Ugochukwu Commits Suicide In Lagos (Pics, Suicide Note) by Ahnii(f): 9:50am On Jan 11
Ile aye!!!!.
If you're depressed please kindly speak out,there re people willing to listen to you.
Re: Banker, Amarachi Ugochukwu Commits Suicide In Lagos (Pics, Suicide Note) by spiSeyi: 9:50am On Jan 11
hopeforcharles:
Hmmm, very strange a lady with atleast job prospects and income is this depressed what about those without any prospects at all? Life is not balanced, May God have Mercy on her Soul.
Money, job, wife, husband, and material things can't give real happiness bro, happiness is found within us by appreciating little things in life, taking every challenge as they come as an opportunity to become better, and letting go of what we can't change. Finally, make Christ your only friend because he is the only true friend who can share and bear our pains. Peace ✌️

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Woman Plays Violin As Surgeons Operate On Her Brain In London Hospital / Charles Oben: GSK Drug Turned A Healthy Banker Into A Monster / Ekiti Government Speaks On Coronavirus In The State As American Man Dies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.