Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,373 members, 7,836,510 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:08 AM

What Passage In The Bible Keeps You Going? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Passage In The Bible Keeps You Going? (10396 Views)

Pls This Verse Of The Bible Keeps Confusing Me,,,,, / 1 Corinthians 1:17-31 The Worst Passage In The Bible / Tithing: Isn't This Passage In Hebrews Clear Enough On This Issue? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Passage In The Bible Keeps You Going? by Nobody: 5:24am On Aug 14, 2008
Thor:

I use my bible to keep my bed level as one of the legs has broken. You could say that the bible is supporting me in a fashion (and sometimes my girlfriend as well) grin grin grin
As to the question as to what passage keeps me going, that has to be my girlfriends passage (both of them, amen) grin grin grin
So not funny.

@topic,
When I’m confused and need to make decisions
Psalm 32:8
I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go;
I will guide you with My eye.

When I do something wrong and I feel guilty
1 John 1:9
If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

When I just need that reassurance
Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.
Matthew 11:28
Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest

When I need something
Matthew 7:7
Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.

Philippians 4:19
And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.

Others:
Isaiah 45:2
I will go before you and make the crooked places[a] straight;
I will break in pieces the gates of bronze and cut the bars of iron.

Psalm 23:6
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life;
And I will dwell[a] in the house of the Lord forever.
Re: What Passage In The Bible Keeps You Going? by ifyalways(f): 6:00am On Aug 14, 2008
Proverbs 24v3
"Through wisdomis a house built and by understanding is it established."
Re: What Passage In The Bible Keeps You Going? by ifyalways(f): 7:22am On Aug 15, 2008
Romans 6v1-2
what shall we say then?shall we continue in sin, that grace abound?God forbid.how shall we that are dead to sin live any longer therein?
Re: What Passage In The Bible Keeps You Going? by kolaoloye(m): 9:19am On Aug 15, 2008
Romans 8:18
For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.
Re: What Passage In The Bible Keeps You Going? by ifyalways(f): 12:10am On Aug 16, 2008
"Psalm 27v14.
Wait on the lord,be of good courage and he shall strenghten thine heart.
Re: What Passage In The Bible Keeps You Going? by Cayon(f): 12:21am On Aug 16, 2008
God Is Our Refuge and Strength Psalm 46

http://gbgm-umc.org/umcor/emergency/psalm46.stm
Re: What Passage In The Bible Keeps You Going? by fyneboye(m): 9:10am On Aug 16, 2008
The scriptures that keeps me going are;Ephesians 1v1-23,1corinthians 2v9-16;9v24.
Re: What Passage In The Bible Keeps You Going? by ifyalways(f): 7:02pm On Aug 16, 2008
John 14v18
I will not leave you comfortless,i will come to you.
Re: What Passage In The Bible Keeps You Going? by Pepeye(f): 7:43pm On Aug 16, 2008
But the paths of a just is as a shinning light, that shines brighter and brighter unto the perfect day
PROVERBS 4-18
Re: What Passage In The Bible Keeps You Going? by ifyalways(f): 7:48pm On Aug 16, 2008
Psalm 30v5
weeping May endure for the night but Joy comes in the morning.
Re: What Passage In The Bible Keeps You Going? by Pepeye(f): 7:51pm On Aug 16, 2008
Then saith he unto his disciples, The harvest truly is Plenteous, but the Labourers are Few
MATTHEW 9-37
Re: What Passage In The Bible Keeps You Going? by ifyalways(f): 6:32am On Aug 17, 2008
Psalm 27v14
wait on the Lord,be of good courage,he shall strenghten thine heart.
Re: What Passage In The Bible Keeps You Going? by kolaoloye(m): 11:56am On Aug 18, 2008
Psalm 48:14
For this God is our God for ever and ever: he will be our guide even unto death
Re: What Passage In The Bible Keeps You Going? by rubi(f): 3:23pm On Aug 18, 2008
Hebrew 1 vs 9 Thou hast loved righteousness and hated iniquity therefore God even thy God hath annointed thee with th oil of gladness above thy fellows
Re: What Passage In The Bible Keeps You Going? by ifyalways(f): 6:49pm On Aug 20, 2008
Psalm 139v12
"Even the darkness will not be dark to you;the night will shine like the day,for the darkness is as light to you."
Re: What Passage In The Bible Keeps You Going? by Pepeye(f): 7:53pm On Aug 20, 2008
2CORINTHIANS 4-17
For our light affliction, which is but for a moment worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory
Re: What Passage In The Bible Keeps You Going? by Pepeye(f): 6:36am On Aug 24, 2008
ROMANS 10-17

So then faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God
Re: What Passage In The Bible Keeps You Going? by Cayon(f): 6:32pm On Aug 24, 2008
1 JOHN 4:18-21 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves torment. But he who fears has not been made perfect in love. We love Him because He first loved us. If someone says, "I love God," and hates his brother, he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother whom he has seen, how can he love God whom he has not seen? And this commandment we have from Him: that he who loves God [must] love his brother also
Re: What Passage In The Bible Keeps You Going? by lekeleke(m): 12:36am On Aug 25, 2008
I have so many passages of the bible that keeps me going; one of them is Ecclesiastes 9:4- "To him that is joined to the living, there is hope, "
Re: What Passage In The Bible Keeps You Going? by Pepeye(f): 9:53am On Aug 25, 2008
GALATIANS 4-3
Even so we, when we were children, were in Bondage under the elements of the world
Re: What Passage In The Bible Keeps You Going? by ifyalways(f): 8:52pm On Aug 25, 2008
Titus 1v15
Unto the pure all things are pure but unto them that are defiled and unbelieving is NOTHING pure but even their mind and conscience is defiled.
Re: What Passage In The Bible Keeps You Going? by Pepeye(f): 11:43am On Aug 26, 2008
1JOHN 4-17
Because as He is, so are we in this world.
Re: What Passage In The Bible Keeps You Going? by kolaoloye(m): 10:06am On Aug 27, 2008
Proverbs 3:5-6

Trust in the lord with all your heart  and lean not on your own understanding,
in all thy way acknowledge him and he will make you path straight.
Re: What Passage In The Bible Keeps You Going? by Pepeye(f): 6:39pm On Aug 27, 2008
PSALM 118-17
I shall not die, but live and declare the works of the Lord

PSALM 119-105
Thy word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path
Re: What Passage In The Bible Keeps You Going? by ifyalways(f): 12:19am On Aug 28, 2008
Philippians 2v 14
Do all things without murmurings and disputings.
Re: What Passage In The Bible Keeps You Going? by Pepeye(f): 6:37am On Aug 28, 2008
2CORINTHIANS 4-17

For our light affliction, which is but for a moment worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory
Re: What Passage In The Bible Keeps You Going? by kolaoloye(m): 8:46am On Aug 29, 2008
1 john 1; 5-7

5 This is the message we have heard from him and declare to you: God is light; in him there is no darkness at all.
6 If we claim to have fellowship with him yet walk in the darkness, we lie and do not live by the truth.
7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus,
his Son, purifies us from all sin.
Re: What Passage In The Bible Keeps You Going? by Pepeye(f): 8:14pm On Aug 29, 2008
ZECHARIAH 4-6

Not by might, nor by power, but by My Spirit, saith the Lord of Host
Re: What Passage In The Bible Keeps You Going? by Pepeye(f): 6:11pm On Aug 31, 2008
2 CORINTIANS 5:17

Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creation; old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new
Re: What Passage In The Bible Keeps You Going? by TPS360: 8:44am On Sep 01, 2008
1 John, chapter 4
Re: What Passage In The Bible Keeps You Going? by kolaoloye(m): 1:12pm On Sep 01, 2008
philipian 4:13
I can do all things through christ who strengthens me
Re: What Passage In The Bible Keeps You Going? by Pepeye(f): 3:10pm On Sep 01, 2008
I PETER 1-23

Being Born Again not of Corruptible seed, but of Incorruptible, by the WORD of God, which liveth and abideth forever

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Invitation To A Bible-based Discussion On The Tithing Ordinance & Christianity / My Time To Judge The World Is Near - Olumba Olumba Obu / Can God Lead You To Someone You Don't Love In Marriage?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.