Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,771 members, 7,820,703 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:53 PM

What Passage In The Bible Keeps You Going? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Passage In The Bible Keeps You Going? (10374 Views)

Pls This Verse Of The Bible Keeps Confusing Me,,,,, / 1 Corinthians 1:17-31 The Worst Passage In The Bible / Tithing: Isn't This Passage In Hebrews Clear Enough On This Issue? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Passage In The Bible Keeps You Going? by nikinash(f): 5:09pm On Mar 13, 2006
babymine:

Definitely Romans 8:28 -:
"And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them that are the called according to his purpose."
i really love that one too
Re: What Passage In The Bible Keeps You Going? by TYPOP(m): 6:22pm On Mar 13, 2006
This passage came at a time when I was so down I needed encouragement and it just made me see the love of Jesus for me. Enjoy it in other translations.

Col 2:14-15
Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;  And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a show of them openly, triumphing over them in it.

Re: What Passage In The Bible Keeps You Going? by nikinash(f): 6:29pm On Mar 13, 2006
that too is really nice
Re: What Passage In The Bible Keeps You Going? by jayvinnie(m): 8:19pm On Mar 13, 2006
Very many verses of the bible are soooo inspiring to me,but my best is Pslams 121
Re: What Passage In The Bible Keeps You Going? by TESS75(f): 3:33am On Mar 14, 2006
Thanks kaygirl cheesy cheesy
Re: What Passage In The Bible Keeps You Going? by nicetohave(m): 10:38pm On Mar 14, 2006
For this God is our God for ever and ever: he will be our guide even unto death Psalm 48:14
Re: What Passage In The Bible Keeps You Going? by reniks(f): 9:51pm On Mar 18, 2006
The Lord will continually satisfy my needs in desert places and make my bones strong.I will be like a watered garden,like a spring of water that never fails. Isaiah 58:11 and They that wait on the Lord shall renew their strenght like d eagles,they shall run and not be weary,they shall walk and not faint Isaiah 40:31
Re: What Passage In The Bible Keeps You Going? by Free(f): 3:36pm On Mar 19, 2006
philipian 4:13 i can do all things through christ which strengthens me

mattew 6:33 seek ye first the kingdom of God and his righteousness and all these things shall be added onto you

proverbs 3:5-6 trust in the lord with all your heart and lean not on your won understanding in all thy way acknowledge him and he will make you path straight
Re: What Passage In The Bible Keeps You Going? by mlksbaby(f): 12:53pm On May 21, 2006
John 16:33 - These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
Re: What Passage In The Bible Keeps You Going? by Nosu(m): 2:21am On May 23, 2006
heb 11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please and be satisfactory to Him. For whoever would come near to God must [necessarily] believe that God exists and that He is the rewarder of those who earnestly and diligently seek Him [out].
Re: What Passage In The Bible Keeps You Going? by SandyRocks1(f): 4:55pm On May 28, 2006
What can seperate us from the love of God!

He has loved us with an everlasting love.

these two always spell out that i cant be seperated with/from God ever & thats great.
Re: What Passage In The Bible Keeps You Going? by TayoD(m): 2:02am On May 29, 2006
This scripture almost certainly brings tears to my eyes each time I read it. Y'all should check out:
1 John 3:2 "Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is."
I can't wait to see my Lord, I can't wait to be with Him forever.
Now check out the entire context of that verse: 1 John 1:1-3  "1 Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not. 2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. 3 And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure."
Doesn't this make you wanna shout??!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: What Passage In The Bible Keeps You Going? by nancyekpoh(f): 9:08am On Jun 01, 2006
The passage that keeps me going is Philippians 1:20 which says:

" According to my earnest expectation and my hope that in nothing I shall be ashamed but that with all boldness as always so now also Christ shall be magnify in my body whether it be by life or by death" smiley
Re: What Passage In The Bible Keeps You Going? by mlksbaby(f): 9:37am On Jun 01, 2006
@nancyekpoh, I say amen to that. . . TayoD (always calling you T-D, hope you don't mind too much), yours, too, blessed me.

This one has helped me often, especially in times of making decisions:

1Thes. 5:21 - Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.
Re: What Passage In The Bible Keeps You Going? by donnie(m): 5:40pm On Jun 01, 2006
i got so many, but i'll give one sweet one:

Passage Romans 5:17:

17For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.)
Re: What Passage In The Bible Keeps You Going? by dominobaby(f): 5:57pm On Jun 01, 2006
Eph. 3:20 NOW unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us.

This is one of d numerous passages that keep me going.
Re: What Passage In The Bible Keeps You Going? by nancyekpoh(f): 8:24am On Jun 02, 2006
mlks_baby

Cool, be bless.
Re: What Passage In The Bible Keeps You Going? by babaibadan(m): 6:42am On Aug 08, 2006
2 Samuel 22:38
"I pursued my enemies and crushed them; I did not turn back till they were destroyed.
Re: What Passage In The Bible Keeps You Going? by alheri(f): 9:24am On Aug 08, 2006
Well right now I cant do without my halleluyah psalms everyday! They are Psalms 113-118. Its like an everyday tonic which keeps me going everyday!
Re: What Passage In The Bible Keeps You Going? by dollypee1(f): 9:35am On Aug 08, 2006
in every situatn   give thax to God.don't no where it is in d bible.

@ baba ibadan u makn me laugh,that passage just  made me remember agbala itura owned by prophet abiara.u no d church rite? do worship @ u cac,that your passage is too strong.
Re: What Passage In The Bible Keeps You Going? by babaibadan(m): 1:58pm On Aug 08, 2006
@dolly pee
yes o my sister make God crush all my enemies. I have been to the church several times where u pray till u feel like fainting, and those are the churches that have the highest number of witches though. whenever my old folks take me there, i consider it a punishment cus u mite pray and stand 2 hours non stop and all u will pray about is your enemies.

Psalm 35
Of David.
1 Contend, O LORD, with those who contend with me;
fight against those who fight against me.

2 Take up shield and buckler;
arise and come to my aid.

3 Brandish spear and javelin [a]
against those who pursue me.
Say to my soul,
"I am your salvation."

4 May those who seek my life
be disgraced and put to shame;
may those who plot my ruin
be turned back in dismay.

5 May they be like chaff before the wind,
with the angel of the LORD driving them away;

6 may their path be dark and slippery,
with the angel of the LORD pursuing them.

7 Since they hid their net for me without cause
and without cause dug a pit for me,

8 may ruin overtake them by surprise—
may the net they hid entangle them,
may they fall into the pit, to their ruin.

9 Then my soul will rejoice in the LORD
and delight in his salvation.
Re: What Passage In The Bible Keeps You Going? by dollypee1(f): 2:06pm On Aug 08, 2006
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

u are one funny person.have u ever been to thier vigil?gawd!just one woman wld use "ora or iro" to cover bout seven benches,shout at u dat some one already occopied them,most of em old women there behave like witches even when they are not,i try as much as possible to avoid them.
Re: What Passage In The Bible Keeps You Going? by Choco(f): 4:10pm On Aug 08, 2006
I can do all things through Christ that strengthens me
Re: What Passage In The Bible Keeps You Going? by edygirl(f): 4:36pm On Aug 08, 2006
These are just the ones I can remember now but I have a lot:

Jn 14:13 Whatever you ask in my name I will do.

Jn 14:1 Do not let your heart be troubled. Trust in God ,turst also in me.

Obadiah 17 And on this mountain, I shall posses my possession.

Ecclesiasticus1:13 For those who fear the lord, all wil end well on their dying day. They will be blessed.

Eccle7:8 And also give generously to the poor so that your blessing may lack nothing.

Ps 18:16-19 He reached down from on high, snatched me up pulled me from the watery depth
Rescued me from my mighty foe, from my enemies who were stronger than I
They assailed me on my day of disaster but my lord was there to support me
He freed me, set me at large, he resceud me because he loves me.

Also ps 23, 27, 91, 138. and others I can't remember now.
Re: What Passage In The Bible Keeps You Going? by barikade: 5:25pm On Aug 08, 2006
And truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ - 1 John.1:3
Re: What Passage In The Bible Keeps You Going? by TYPOP(m): 11:26am On Aug 10, 2006
@ babaibadan,

Do you attend MFM? ever read where Jesus asked us to love our enemies?
i just wanted to ask.
Re: What Passage In The Bible Keeps You Going? by michy(f): 11:37am On Aug 10, 2006
"Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life, what you shall eat or what you shall drink, nor about your body, what you shall put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing?

Look at the birds of the air: they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they

And which of you by being anxious can add one cubit to his span of life?
And why are you anxious about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they neither toil nor spin;

this place is a source of encouragement

Matthew chapter 6 vs 25-28
Re: What Passage In The Bible Keeps You Going? by babaibadan(m): 4:16pm On Aug 10, 2006
TYPOP:

@ babaibadan,

Do you attend MFM? ever read where Jesus asked us to love our enemies?
i just wanted to ask.
Am not conversant with that part of the bible. I read Old testament most of the time where enemies are dealt with instantly wink I only attend MFM ocassionally.
Re: What Passage In The Bible Keeps You Going? by donnie(m): 4:52pm On Aug 13, 2006
cheesy ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha cheesy ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha cheesy ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha cheesy ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha cheesy ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha cheesy ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha cheesy ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha You are one funny fellow!
Re: What Passage In The Bible Keeps You Going? by under18(f): 1:05pm On Aug 24, 2006
this is the topic
Re: What Passage In The Bible Keeps You Going? by under18(f): 3:49pm On Aug 24, 2006
Psams 107:20 I ent my word to heal your disease I am the Lord your healer
Re: What Passage In The Bible Keeps You Going? by Anniegold: 12:51am On Aug 25, 2006
This keeps me going whenever I'm believing God for a particular thing.
Hab 2:3 For the vision is yet for an appointed time; but at the end it will speak, it will not lie, though it tarries, wait for it; because it will surely come, it will not tarry.

This as well Jer 29:11 For I know the thoughts I think towards u says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give u a future and a hope.

Also 1John 3:22 Whatsoever we ask from him we receive from him, because we keep his commandment and do those things that are pleasing in his sight.

Isaiah 54:14 -15 In righteousness you shall be established; You shall be far from oppression, for you shall not fear; and from terror it shall not come near you.
Indeed they shall surely assemble, but not because of me. Whoever assembles against you shall fall for your sake.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

3 Lessons To Learn From Jesus And The Adulterous Woman / Daily Spiritual Digest: The Forbidden Fruit / Hell Fire, Adam And Eve Are Not Real, Just Fables - Pope Francis.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.