Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,785 members, 7,820,751 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:47 PM

What Passage In The Bible Keeps You Going? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Passage In The Bible Keeps You Going? (10375 Views)

Pls This Verse Of The Bible Keeps Confusing Me,,,,, / 1 Corinthians 1:17-31 The Worst Passage In The Bible / Tithing: Isn't This Passage In Hebrews Clear Enough On This Issue? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Passage In The Bible Keeps You Going? by nilla(f): 9:32pm On Aug 27, 2006
I love this thread

mine is Eccl 3:1
To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
Re: What Passage In The Bible Keeps You Going? by Remmzy(m): 2:56am On Aug 28, 2006
Ezekiel 18:31
Rid yourselves of all the offenses you have committed, and get a new heart and a new spirit. Why will you die, O house of Israel?
Re: What Passage In The Bible Keeps You Going? by boladonas(m): 6:46am On Nov 08, 2006
These are the scriptures that keeps me going always folks:

Psa 119:165 Great peace have they which love thy law: and nothing shall offend them.

Exd 15:11 Who [is] like unto thee, O LORD, among the gods? who [is] like thee, glorious in holiness, fearful [in] praises, doing wonders?
Re: What Passage In The Bible Keeps You Going? by lafile(m): 9:02am On Nov 08, 2006
"It is of the LORD's mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness."Lam 3:22-23

"My grace is sufficient for thee" 2Cor12:9

"The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?" Ps 27:1
Re: What Passage In The Bible Keeps You Going? by Geolalisa(f): 9:12am On Nov 08, 2006
mine is psalms 27:14 Wait on Lord; be of good courage, and He shall surely strenghten your heart;wait, i say, on the Lord!.no matter how rough our road to success is we should wait on Him cos He knows the best for us all.
Re: What Passage In The Bible Keeps You Going? by Nobody: 11:54am On Nov 25, 2006
it is not of him who wills, neither is it of him who runs, but of god that has mercy
Re: What Passage In The Bible Keeps You Going? by ThoniaSlim(f): 10:09pm On Dec 11, 2006
so many,but i love all passages in proverbs smiley
Re: What Passage In The Bible Keeps You Going? by Free(f): 10:25pm On Jan 19, 2007
psalm 27
Re: What Passage In The Bible Keeps You Going? by kachisxd: 6:37pm On Jan 21, 2007
For we know that all things work together to them that love God, to them that work accordin 2 his purpose
Re: What Passage In The Bible Keeps You Going? by Free(f): 5:08am On Mar 21, 2007
psalm 64
Re: What Passage In The Bible Keeps You Going? by Backslider(m): 9:30am On Mar 21, 2007
Oh Beloved of God The Beautitude

Mathew 5
Re: What Passage In The Bible Keeps You Going? by Papashira(m): 9:52pm On Mar 21, 2007
This one of the best topic i ever read on nairaland, God bless u

mine is "Eyes hath not seen, nor hear heard,
neither have entered into heart of man
the things which God hath prepared for them that love Him"---------1Cor 2:9
Re: What Passage In The Bible Keeps You Going? by brownbaby(f): 2:25pm On Mar 22, 2007
Many passages keeps me going, some:

"I have put the Lord always before me, He is at my right hand , I shall not be moved."

"The Name of the Lord, a strong tower, the righteous runs into it and they are saved."

"Trust in the Lord and He will grant your heart desires."
Re: What Passage In The Bible Keeps You Going? by egetz(m): 2:42pm On Mar 22, 2007
PHILLIPIAN 4.8

Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things
Re: What Passage In The Bible Keeps You Going? by egetz(m): 2:58pm On Mar 22, 2007
2nd SAMUEL CHAPTER 22 is my best portion of the Bible. David wrote this passage after God had delivered him from all his enemies. i am still fighting though but i take inspiration from this passage.

excerpts

22:30 For by you I run on a troop; By my God do I leap over a wall.

22:33 God is my strong fortress; He guides the perfect in his way.

22:34 He makes his feet like hinds' feet, Sets me on my high places

22:36 You have also given me the shield of your salvation; Your gentleness has made me great

22:44 You also have delivered me from the strivings of my people; You have kept me to be the head of the nations: A people whom I have not known shall serve me.

22:45 The foreigners shall submit themselves to me: As soon as they hear of me, they shall obey me.

22:46 The foreigners shall fade away, Shall come trembling out of their close places.

22:51 Great deliverance gives he to his king, Shows loving kindness to his anointed, To David and to his seed, forevermore.

22:51 Great deliverance gives he to his king, Shows loving kindness to his anointed, To David and to his seed, forevermore.
Re: What Passage In The Bible Keeps You Going? by Belinice(f): 12:03am On Mar 24, 2007
PHIL 4 :13
I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST WHO STRENTHENS ME.

WITH GOD ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE.

COLL 4:6
LET YOUR SPEECH BE ALWAYS WITH GRACE, SEASONED WITH SALT, THAT YE MAY KNOW HOW TO ANSWER EVERY MAN.

PHIL 4:6
BUT IN EVERYTHING BY PRAYER AND SUPPLICATION LET YOUR REQUESTS BE MADE KNOWN UNTO GOD.
Re: What Passage In The Bible Keeps You Going? by brownbaby(f): 9:56am On May 03, 2007
@TYDOP This is another version of that verse, what an assurance from God!!!

Col. 2:14-15

HAVING WIPED OUT THE HANDWRITING OF REQUIREMENTS THAT WAS AGAINST US, WHICH WETE CONTRARY TO US AND HE HAS TAKEN IT OUT OF THE WAY, HAVING NAILED IT TO THE CROSS.

HAVING DISARMED PRINCIPALITIES AND POWERS, HE MADE A PUBLIC SPECTACLE OF THEM, TRIUMPHING OVER THEM IN IT.
Re: What Passage In The Bible Keeps You Going? by jeshua(m): 1:40pm On May 03, 2007
THIS IS GREAT-MY FAVOURITE IS JOHN 14: 14; "WHATEVER YOU ASK IN MY NAME, I WILL DO IT" . IT READILY CONNECTS ME WITH GREATNESS OF "I AM THAT I AM"
BUT FOR THIS YEAR IT HAS BEEN :
DEUT. 6:10-12 When God, your God, ushers you into the land he promised through your ancestors Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob to give you, you're going to walk into large, bustling cities you didn't build, well-furnished houses you didn't buy, come upon wells you didn't dig, vineyards and olive orchards you didn't plant. When you take it all in and settle down, pleased and content, make sure you don't forget how you got there—God brought you out of slavery in Egypt.
Re: What Passage In The Bible Keeps You Going? by bqueen: 5:32pm On May 04, 2007
Mine is in jeremiah 29 verses 11 , deut 28 verses 28 :3 - 6, isaiah 62 verse 4 and 12
i love all dis verses
Re: What Passage In The Bible Keeps You Going? by manoy(m): 9:56pm On May 06, 2007
Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
Re: What Passage In The Bible Keeps You Going? by pilgrim1(f): 4:26pm On Aug 08, 2007
Acts 17:28 -- "For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring."
Re: What Passage In The Bible Keeps You Going? by ademudus: 2:57pm On Aug 09, 2007
mine are:
for He that is in me is greater than he that is in the world,
for whosoever trust in the Lord shall be like mount Zion that can not be moved
Re: What Passage In The Bible Keeps You Going? by pilgrim1(f): 8:17am On Aug 11, 2007
Proverbs 1:2, 3 & 7

"To know wisdom and instruction; to perceive the words of understanding; To receive the instruction of wisdom, justice, and judgment, and equity;. . The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction."
Re: What Passage In The Bible Keeps You Going? by bisibaby(f): 8:04pm On Jul 28, 2008
Beloveth i wish you above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health even as your soul prospereth

My word shall not come back to me void until it has accomplished that which i have sent it.

Surely, only goodness and Mercy shall follow me all the days of my life (Amen)

Those that knows their God shall be strong and do exploits
Re: What Passage In The Bible Keeps You Going? by Pepeye(f): 8:59pm On Jul 28, 2008
2CORINTHIANS 5-17
Therefore if any man Be In Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold All Things Are Become New[/b]I

[b]PETER 1-23

Being Born Again not of Corruptible seed, but of[b] Incorruptible[/b], by the WORD of God, which liveth and abideth forever

JAMES 1-18
Of his own will begat he us with the WORD of truth, that we should be a kind of First fruit of His Creatures.

JOHN 1-3
Which were born not of Blood, Nor Of The Will Of The Flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God

1JOHN 5-11
And this is the record that God hath given to us[b] Eternal life [/b] and THIS LIFE is in HIS Son.

1 JOHN 5-12
He that hath the Son hath Life; and he that not the Son of God hath not life

1JOHN 5-13
These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; That ye MAY KNOW that ye have Eternal Life may believe on the Name of the Son of God.
Re: What Passage In The Bible Keeps You Going? by kolaoloye(m): 8:34am On Jul 29, 2008
Ecclesiastes 12

11 The words of the wise are as goads, and as nails fastened by the masters of assemblies, which are given from one shepherd.

12 And further, by these, my son, be admonished: of making many books there is no end; and much study is a weariness of the flesh.

13 Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.

14 For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil.
Re: What Passage In The Bible Keeps You Going? by tybanky(f): 5:40pm On Jul 29, 2008
[b]Proverbs 3
1. My son, forget not my law; but let thine heart keep my commandments:

2. For length of days, and long life, and peace, shall they add to thee.

3. Let not mercy and truth forsake thee: bind them about thy neck; write them upon the table of thine heart:

4. So shalt thou find favour and good understanding in the sight of God and man.

5. Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

6. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

7. Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the LORD, and depart from evil.
8It shall be health to thy navel, and marrow to thy bones.

9. Honour the LORD with thy substance, and with the firstfruits of all thine increase:

10. So shall thy barns be filled with plenty, and thy presses shall burst out with new wine.

11. My son, despise not the chastening of the LORD; neither be weary of his correction:

12. For whom the LORD loveth he correcteth; even as a father the son in whom he delighteth.

13. Happy is the man that findeth wisdom, and the man that getteth understanding.

14. For the merchandise of it is better than the merchandise of silver, and the gain thereof than fine gold.

15. She is more precious than rubies: and all the things thou canst desire are not to be compared unto her.

16. Length of days is in her right hand; and in her left hand riches and honour.

17. Her ways are ways of pleasantness, and all her paths are peace.

18. She is a tree of life to them that lay hold upon her: and happy is every one that retaineth her.

19. The LORD by wisdom hath founded the earth; by understanding hath he established the heavens.

20. By his knowledge the depths are broken up, and the clouds drop down the dew.

21. My son, let not them depart from thine eyes: keep sound wisdom and discretion:

22. So shall they be life unto thy soul, and grace to thy neck.

23. Then shalt thou walk in thy way safely, and thy foot shall not stumble.

24. When thou liest down, thou shalt not be afraid: yea, thou shalt lie down, and thy sleep shall be sweet.

25. Be not afraid of sudden fear, neither of the desolation of the wicked, when it cometh.

26. For the LORD shall be thy confidence, and shall keep thy foot from being taken.

27. Withhold not good from them to whom it is due, when it is in the power of thine hand to do it.

28. Say not unto thy neighbour, Go, and come again, and to morrow I will give; when thou hast it by thee.

29. Devise not evil against thy neighbour, seeing he dwelleth securely by thee.

30. Strive not with a man without cause, if he have done thee no harm.

31. Envy thou not the oppressor, and choose none of his ways.

32. For the froward is abomination to the LORD: but his secret is with the righteous.

33. The curse of the LORD is in the house of the wicked: but he blesseth the habitation of the just.

34. Surely he scorneth the scorners: but he giveth grace unto the lowly.

35. The wise shall inherit glory: but shame shall be the promotion of fools.[/b]
Re: What Passage In The Bible Keeps You Going? by Pepeye(f): 8:36am On Aug 02, 2008
ROMANS 8-11
But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by His Spirit that dwelleth in you
Re: What Passage In The Bible Keeps You Going? by MissyB1(m): 2:52pm On Aug 02, 2008
So many bhut one of dem is

THE RACE IS NOT FOR THE SWIFT NEITHER IS THE BATTLE FOR THE STRONG BHUT IT'S OF THE LORD THAT SHOWETH MERCY.
Re: What Passage In The Bible Keeps You Going? by Pepeye(f): 7:07am On Aug 03, 2008
2CORINTHIANS 3-5

Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiently is of God
Re: What Passage In The Bible Keeps You Going? by Cayon(f): 11:50am On Aug 03, 2008
Psalms 27
Re: What Passage In The Bible Keeps You Going? by Pepeye(f): 4:44pm On Aug 03, 2008
1JOHN 4-17

Because as He is, so are we in this world.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

3 Lessons To Learn From Jesus And The Adulterous Woman / Daily Spiritual Digest: The Forbidden Fruit / Should We Be Praying For Our Enemies To Die In Church?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.