Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,828 members, 7,820,908 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:00 AM

What Passage In The Bible Keeps You Going? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Passage In The Bible Keeps You Going? (10376 Views)

Pls This Verse Of The Bible Keeps Confusing Me,,,,, / 1 Corinthians 1:17-31 The Worst Passage In The Bible / Tithing: Isn't This Passage In Hebrews Clear Enough On This Issue? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Passage In The Bible Keeps You Going? by Cayon(f): 4:13pm On Sep 01, 2008
Two Kinds of Wisdom

Who is wise and understanding among you? Let him show it by his good life, by deeds done in the humility that comes from wisdom. But if you harbor bitter envy and selfish ambition in your hearts, do not boast about it or deny the truth. Such "wisdom" does not come down from heaven but is earthly, unspiritual, of the devil. For where you have envy and selfish ambition, there you find disorder and every evil practice.
But the wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure; then peace-loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial and sincere. Peacemakers who sow in peace raise a harvest of righteousness.

James 3:13-18
Re: What Passage In The Bible Keeps You Going? by kolaoloye(m): 3:10pm On Sep 02, 2008
John 14:1
Let not let your heart be troubled. Trust in God and also in me.
Re: What Passage In The Bible Keeps You Going? by Pepeye(f): 7:51pm On Sep 02, 2008
LUKE 10-19

Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.
Re: What Passage In The Bible Keeps You Going? by kolaoloye(m): 8:39am On Sep 03, 2008
Hebrews 12:2

Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him
endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.
Re: What Passage In The Bible Keeps You Going? by Pepeye(f): 7:56pm On Sep 04, 2008
2CORINTHIANS 2-14
Now thanks be unto God, which always causeth us to triumph in Christ and maketh manifest the savour of his knowledge by us in every place
Re: What Passage In The Bible Keeps You Going? by kolaoloye(m): 8:59am On Sep 05, 2008
Luke 1:37
"For nothing is impossible with God."
Re: What Passage In The Bible Keeps You Going? by kolaoloye(m): 8:32am On Sep 08, 2008
Mark 11:24-25

Jesus on the Importance of Believing in the Power of Prayer

Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.
And when you stand praying, if you hold anything against anyone, forgive him, so that your Father in heaven
may forgive you your sins.
Re: What Passage In The Bible Keeps You Going? by arak4love(m): 8:51am On Sep 08, 2008
HELLO

Re: What Passage In The Bible Keeps You Going? by chessguru(m): 7:36am On Sep 22, 2008
since the days of john the baptist the kingdom of God sufereth violence, and the violent take it by force
Re: What Passage In The Bible Keeps You Going? by pilgrim1(f): 8:08am On Sep 22, 2008
John 16:3
And these things will they do unto you, because they have not known the Father, nor me.
Re: What Passage In The Bible Keeps You Going? by obinna5000(m): 12:10pm On Sep 22, 2008
MATTHEW 19:26 - ", With men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible."
Re: What Passage In The Bible Keeps You Going? by grandjedi(m): 2:59pm On Sep 22, 2008
ROMANS 8 :28
"And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose."
Re: What Passage In The Bible Keeps You Going? by kolaoloye(m): 1:31pm On Sep 24, 2008
Ezekiel 36:11
I will multiply upon you man and beast; and they shall increase and bear young; I will make you inhabited as in former times,
and do better for you than at your beginnings. Then you shall know that I am the LORD.
Re: What Passage In The Bible Keeps You Going? by pilgrim1(f): 11:35pm On Oct 08, 2008
Romans 8:37

Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.
Re: What Passage In The Bible Keeps You Going? by bettes(f): 2:54am On Oct 09, 2008
luke 1:37

For nothing is impossible with God
Re: What Passage In The Bible Keeps You Going? by kolaoloye(m): 7:51am On Oct 09, 2008
Hebrews 12:2
Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,
despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.
Re: What Passage In The Bible Keeps You Going? by Obalende: 11:17am On Oct 09, 2008
It is of God that ye are in Christ Jesus (1 Cor 1:30)

This means that God willed your salvation to come to pass. Born not of the will of man (and his wife) but of the will of God.
Re: What Passage In The Bible Keeps You Going? by drlawng(m): 1:41pm On Oct 09, 2008
"For i am crucified with Christ, Nevertheless i live, yet not i but the life i live now i llive by the faith of the Son of God who loved me and gave himself for me"

"God forbid that i should glory except in the cross of our Lord Jesus christ for whom i am crucified to the world and the world to me"
Re: What Passage In The Bible Keeps You Going? by JJYOU: 1:48pm On Oct 09, 2008
Joshua 23:14 “Soon I will die, going the way of everything on earth. [b]Deep in your hearts you know that every promise of the Lord your God has come true. Not a single one has failed![/b]

Genesis 50:20  You intended to harm me, but God intended it all for good. He brought me to this position so I could save the lives of many people.
Re: What Passage In The Bible Keeps You Going? by Andyjoy(f): 6:42pm On Oct 09, 2008
This is the thread on this forum
God bless u all

Mine is this

But to them that believe in Him, He gave power to become the sons of God [John 1 :12)

and

Behold what manner of love the father has given unto us, that we should be called the sons of God.
Re: What Passage In The Bible Keeps You Going? by Cayon(f): 3:47am On Oct 10, 2008
1 Corinthians 13

1Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

2And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.

3And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.

4Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,

5Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;

6Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth;

7Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.

8Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.

9For we know in part, and we prophesy in part.

10But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.

11When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.

12For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

13And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.
Re: What Passage In The Bible Keeps You Going? by Ebucca(m): 3:32pm On Oct 10, 2008
Abu Oma 23 and 118:8
Re: What Passage In The Bible Keeps You Going? by fesse(f): 2:22pm On Mar 12, 2009
Psalm 121 (New International Version)

Psalm 121
A song of ascents.
1 I lift up my eyes to the hills—
where does my help come from?
2 My help comes from the LORD,
the Maker of heaven and earth.

3 He will not let your foot slip—
he who watches over you will not slumber;

4 indeed, he who watches over Israel
will neither slumber nor sleep.

5 The LORD watches over you—
the LORD is your shade at your right hand;

6 the sun will not harm you by day,
nor the moon by night.

7 The LORD will keep you from all harm—
he will watch over your life;

8 the LORD will watch over your coming and going
both now and forevermore.
Re: What Passage In The Bible Keeps You Going? by Pepeye(f): 4:51pm On Mar 12, 2009
1 JOHN 5-12
He that hath the Son hath Life; and he that not the Son of God hath not life

1JOHN 5-13
These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; That ye MAY KNOW that ye have Eternal Life may believe on the Name of the Son of God.
Re: What Passage In The Bible Keeps You Going? by Pepeye(f): 1:53pm On Mar 13, 2009
HEBREWS 10-23
Let us hold fast the confession of our faith without wavering; For He is faithful that promised
Re: What Passage In The Bible Keeps You Going? by tnk24: 7:02pm On Mar 13, 2009
Romans 8:28
And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose.
Re: What Passage In The Bible Keeps You Going? by Pepeye(f): 7:35pm On Mar 13, 2009
PROVERBS 10-22
The blessing of the Lord, it maketh rich and addeth no sorrow with it

ROMANS 11-29
For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance.
Re: What Passage In The Bible Keeps You Going? by WarfyBoy(m): 8:55pm On Mar 13, 2009
Upon Me sha no evil fall
Re: What Passage In The Bible Keeps You Going? by Pepeye(f): 6:45am On Mar 14, 2009
PSALM 67-19
Blessed be the Lord, who daily Loadeth us with benefits
Re: What Passage In The Bible Keeps You Going? by tnk24: 2:24pm On Mar 14, 2009
JOB 14:14

IF A MAN DIES, WILL HE LIVE AGAIN? ALL THE DAYS OF MY HARD SERVICE I WILL WAIT FOR MY RENEWAL TO COME.

This verse is my Promise for 2009! Where I'm suppose to medidate daily throughout 2009.
Re: What Passage In The Bible Keeps You Going? by Pepeye(f): 3:11pm On Mar 14, 2009
PROVERBS 4-18

But the paths of a just is as a shinning light

that shines brighter and brighter unto the perfect day
Re: What Passage In The Bible Keeps You Going? by WarfyBoy(m): 5:00pm On Mar 14, 2009
ISAIAH 54 vs 7-8

vs7. For a small moment have I forsaken thee; but with great mercies will I gather thee.

vs8. In a little wrath I hid my face from thee for a moment; but with everlasting kindness will I have mercy on thee, saith the LORD thy Redeemer.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Daily Spiritual Digest: The Forbidden Fruit / Should We Be Praying For Our Enemies To Die In Church? / Seyibrown And Nopuqeater Try To Explain!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.