Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,741 members, 7,824,139 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:09 AM

Why Do Ladies Shy Away From Politics & Political Discussions? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Do Ladies Shy Away From Politics & Political Discussions? (13583 Views)

Obanikoro Takes A Break From Politics / Tribunal Sacks Vincent Bulus In Plateau, Bans Him From Politics For Life / PDP Leaders Who May Retire From Politics Following Buhari’s Emergence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Ladies Shy Away From Politics & Political Discussions? by OAM4J: 2:30pm On Nov 10, 2011
manny4life:

TRUE, The politic section is a SERIOUS WAR ZONE, at times I just get on to make a comment but seriously get discouraged after hearing statements from most people. I think women are more calm when it comes to politics and not everyone has the headache; like someone said, politics is NOT being discussed here, what I see is constant bickering and internet yelling and shouting. On a few occasions, I've been caught up in the midst of the shenanigans, but on the most part, I try to avoid all the rubbish.

Manny, it takes 2 to fight/war. All I do is to express my POV to any topic I found interesting, if someone disagree nicely I respond but if he/she uses gutter words I simply ignore. You can never win a fight with a pig in the mud.
Re: Why Do Ladies Shy Away From Politics & Political Discussions? by Kobojunkie: 2:31pm On Nov 10, 2011
Johndoe100:

I thought everyone knows that the women who post on the politics section do so cos they can't get laid. Most havie not been laid  for years, people like kobo can't remember what it's for. They only exception is Ileke, - idi, I wonder why she posts her? All the other women on the forum are afraid to end up like these ones, so they keep away in case it's contagious.

In other-words, the capacity of your brain to produce intelligent discuss is tied to the number of times your penal muscles gets a chance to get off? Is there a frequency to this as well? You actually believe that your brain power is tied to the blood flow to your penal muscles?? UNBEWEAVABLE!

OK!! And I am guessing you were raised to believe this to be the only way one can think critically, even when one's life depends on it? Or it could be the case that you picked this up from those around you . This is some ground breaking revelation here. sex workers, who are estimated to get more sex than the average must be considered the most brilliant in your world?  

Are you like the most intelligent in your compound or something then since your level of understanding of political issues does seem tied to your penal muscles??
Re: Why Do Ladies Shy Away From Politics & Political Discussions? by yme1(f): 2:35pm On Nov 10, 2011
OAM4J:

In other words, you and many females like you are not tough enough to withstand the heat?  undecided

manny4life:

TRUE, The politic section is a SERIOUS WAR ZONE, at times I just get on to make a comment but seriously get discouraged after hearing statements from most people. I think women are more calm when it comes to politics and not everyone has the headache; like someone said, politics is NOT being discussed here, what I see is constant bickering and internet yelling and shouting. On a few occasions, I've been caught up in the midst of the shenanigans, but on the most part, I try to avoid all the rubbish.

Just to add to it not wanting to contribute to a section one has low interest for and coupled with the fact that most political topics are turned into War Zone thread does not make it tough
Tough in my definition is putting together constructive facts or reason for another person with different opinion to thrash out in a modest and sensible form
but unlike here ones opinion is ruled out with insults. Not every one has time for that diminishing act undecided
Re: Why Do Ladies Shy Away From Politics & Political Discussions? by Kobojunkie: 2:39pm On Nov 10, 2011
y me:

Just to add to it not wanting to contribute to a section one has low interest for and coupled with the [size=13pt]fact that most political topics are turned into War Zone thread does not make it tough
Tough in my definition is putting together constructive facts or reason for another person with different opinion to thrash out in a modest and sensible form but unlike here ones opinion is ruled out with insults
[/size]. Not every one has time for that diminishing act undecided

Thanks for taking time to explain that which is simple to some of our resident village champions! grin grin grin

grin
Re: Why Do Ladies Shy Away From Politics & Political Discussions? by OAM4J: 2:47pm On Nov 10, 2011
y me:

Just to add to it not wanting to contribute to a section one has low interest for and coupled with the fact that most political topics are turned into War Zone thread does not make it tough
Tough in my definition is putting together constructive facts or reason for another person with different opinion to thrash out in a modest and sensible form
but unlike here ones opinion is ruled out with insults. Not every one has time for that diminishing act undecided

I get your point, makes lot of sense. But is this peculiar only to Politics section debates? I thought such insulting habit from posters exists in most high traffic prone sections. undecided
Re: Why Do Ladies Shy Away From Politics & Political Discussions? by manny4life(m): 2:48pm On Nov 10, 2011
OAM4J:

Manny, it takes 2 to fight/war. All I do is to express my POV to any topic I found interesting, if someone disagree nicely I respond but if he/she uses gutter words I simply ignore. You can never win a fight with a pig in the mud.

I couldn't agree more with your thoughts,  It's just that the nature of things on here has taken a serious toll on some of the folks on here.

y me:

Hey, you're right. I guess it all depends on the mentality of folks on here. Most people often believe that insults must be followed in other to make their point which IMO it's very demeaning. If care isn't taken, it's bring me down rather than improving me; I've often engaged in public debates and coming here (unlike toast maters club that helps with public speaking),  I would imagine that this forum will enlighten me, but more likely than NOT, it's opposite. That's why I often just stay out of the nonsense on here and rather OBSERVE than COMMENT.
Re: Why Do Ladies Shy Away From Politics & Political Discussions? by Kilode1: 2:49pm On Nov 10, 2011
gestapo:

Ouch, down boy, atta boy, lol, didn't know you had it in you, lol grin cheesy

I remember this lady! Gestapo!

OAM4J, you also have:

Desola
Kokojunkie
Isale_gan2
Jenifa
Ileke_idi
AlmondJoy (bootyonme ?)
Naijababe
Edo.girl

And other interesting female characters on here. Those ladies can hold their own anywhere here. You still want more?

You be Oliver twist tongue
Re: Why Do Ladies Shy Away From Politics & Political Discussions? by firestar(f): 2:52pm On Nov 10, 2011
Is that what it seems like?
Good.
Re: Why Do Ladies Shy Away From Politics & Political Discussions? by Nebulae: 2:56pm On Nov 10, 2011
Hm.
Re: Why Do Ladies Shy Away From Politics & Political Discussions? by OAM4J: 2:57pm On Nov 10, 2011
Kilode?!:

I remember this lady! Gestapo!

OAM4J, you also have:

Desola
Kokojunkie
Isale_gan2
Jenifa
Ileke_idi
AlmondJoy (bootyonme ?)
Naijababe
Edo.girl

And other interesting female characters on here. Those ladies can hold their own anywhere here. You still want more?

You be Oliver twist tongue

I know, not also forgetting tpia and our newest mum Enyojo. The more the merrier jare.  cheesy

Maybe most of these warriors will calm down realizing there are many females around. Most men put up there best behaviors with females around.
Re: Why Do Ladies Shy Away From Politics & Political Discussions? by OAM4J: 3:00pm On Nov 10, 2011
firestar:

Is that what it seems like?
Good.

Welcome to politics section. Hope to see more of your 'fire stars' around here wink
Re: Why Do Ladies Shy Away From Politics & Political Discussions? by yme1(f): 3:07pm On Nov 10, 2011
OAM4J:

I get your point, makes lot of sense. But is this peculiar only to Politics section debates? I thought such insulting habit from posters exists in most high traffic prone sections. undecided
Not just in the politics section but also the romance and culture section
But what differentiate both is that politics relates with the world and needs to be handled and discussed with care and intense intelligence unlike the romance section whereby any one including nitwits can contribute senselessly to it but few times sense could be derived from it  shocked cheesy
There is insults in every thread on NL but if there is one section I think that should be brought down is the politic section
From most of the thread on here its handled like Nigeria politics which is a do or die affair (oh I forgot its NAIRALAND=NAIJA cheesy)
One acting like a high tech insulting male guard idio, t does not show how intelligent your views are but how much of a coward one is that can't back up his fact without raining insults
At the same time some peeps on here deserve to be cursed with most of their big headed post but maturity is what counts so. . . . . . .  wink
Re: Why Do Ladies Shy Away From Politics & Political Discussions? by OAM4J: 3:28pm On Nov 10, 2011
y me:

Not just in the politics section but also the romance and culture section
But what differentiate both is that politics relates with the world and needs to be handled and discussed with care and intense intelligence unlike the romance section whereby any one including nitwits can contribute senselessly to it but few times sense could be derived from it  shocked cheesy
There is insults in every thread on NL but if there is one section I think that should be brought down is the politic section
From most of the thread on here its handled like Nigeria politics which is a do or die affair (oh I forgot its NAIRALAND=NAIJA cheesy)
One acting like a high tech insulting male guard idio, t does not show how intelligent your views are but how much of a coward one is that can't back up his fact without raining insults
At the same time some peeps on here deserve to be cursed with most of their big headed post but maturity is what counts so. . . . . . .  wink

Good! In that case I look forward to your matured posts in this section from now on. Someone like you need to put those boys where they belong and teach them few things on intelligent/civil debate. wink
Re: Why Do Ladies Shy Away From Politics & Political Discussions? by Demdem(m): 3:34pm On Nov 10, 2011
I like desola's posts.saying the truth as it is.
Re: Why Do Ladies Shy Away From Politics & Political Discussions? by OAM4J: 3:38pm On Nov 10, 2011
^. . . and you like desola cheesy
Re: Why Do Ladies Shy Away From Politics & Political Discussions? by Demdem(m): 3:52pm On Nov 10, 2011
Yes ke !!!!  tongue tongue
Infact any lady that regards the retardeen a failure SO FAR, me like.
Re: Why Do Ladies Shy Away From Politics & Political Discussions? by Jenifa1: 4:31pm On Nov 10, 2011
ekt-bear,

you make a good point that it might be partially due to "fundamental gender differences"
but I still think that women could be more involved if gender expectations weren't so rigid. Countries where these expectations are less rigid have more female participation.
Re: Why Do Ladies Shy Away From Politics & Political Discussions? by kelz88(f): 4:35pm On Nov 10, 2011
Some find it boring and sexist.
They would rather talk about footie.

What I don't get is why some males and females say "not interested" or "none" when asked their political views on facebook.
Re: Why Do Ladies Shy Away From Politics & Political Discussions? by firestar(f): 4:40pm On Nov 10, 2011
Like I said, that's what it[i] seems [/i] like.
And oh, Welcome to Nairaland. wink
Re: Why Do Ladies Shy Away From Politics & Political Discussions? by jaybee3(m): 5:14pm On Nov 10, 2011
Ok here is another handle to look at it, It certainly ain't only the females that aren't bothered about the political section as i know quite a few goons that would rather stay on the sideline whilst observing from afar for various reasons i.e.
What's the point in engaging people when most political section posts either have tribalism undertone or just regurgitated arguments with no end insight?

Why engage people whose number one aim is to cause trouble or better still relive their frustrated lives on the WWW?

Could it be that under shoiwng their political savvinness isn't classed as being productive in their respective dictionaries. Afterall most have the hardest job in town. Combining 9-5 jobs with added responsiblity of being a wife and mother in most cases ain't for the faint hearted

Above all, why bother engage, salivate, waste precious time about affairs of a country that's in the hand of the devil and ain't changing anytime soon?

Arguing over Nigerian politics is absolute waste of time and i believe there are other sections on NL where more intelligent discussions are being heard on a daily basis eg Family section
Re: Why Do Ladies Shy Away From Politics & Political Discussions? by dayokanu(m): 5:18pm On Nov 10, 2011
Its only natural and it happens everywhere in the world. Most women dont like Politics.

You want to test it Give your mom, sister, gf or wife a TV remote control and you would never see her watching CNN or any other Political news channel guess where she would be on?

MTV, Fashion TV or some reality shows.

While most guys would watch News, Movies and maybe Sports

But on NL some women are holding it down e.g Ileke-idi, Desola etc
Re: Why Do Ladies Shy Away From Politics & Political Discussions? by Nobody: 5:35pm On Nov 10, 2011
even the few available ones around are nothing to write about like that kobojakie that argues like a mor'on !
Re: Why Do Ladies Shy Away From Politics & Political Discussions? by martinosi: 5:59pm On Nov 10, 2011
OAM4J:

^. . . and you like desola  cheesy

Yo Dude, i saw your Private Message, so i guess u gonna give warnings to all other posters
on here using the word mo.RON?? or as you stated in your own words "Insulting fellow Posters"
or is it becos i'm calling out Kobo-junkie

So you fly to her rescue and in typical Nigerian authoritarian fashion with der power
that you hold as a "MODERATOR" (Going HAM!!!) you send me a warning!

Plus you delete the Post, U guys are sooo full of yourselfs that it beggars belief, its a forum where
people are supposed to express themself and say what "REALLY" on their mind *Go Figures" or
have you not seen the comments on Utube,

Problem with Nigerians most of the time is that they cant face hard truth and they like to be pampered"""

WELL THAT ALOAD OF BULLSH***, People on this forum should develop some "Guts" it seriously needed.

Kobojunkie is in the USA, she can handle a little freedom of speech, so dont let it faze you!!!!

Oh yeah, i wanna see if you delete this post or step up your "HAM MOVES",
Re: Why Do Ladies Shy Away From Politics & Political Discussions? by martinosi: 6:08pm On Nov 10, 2011
OAM4J:

Good! In that case I look forward to your matured posts in this section from now on. Someone like you need to put those boys where they belong and teach them few things on intelligent/civil debate.  wink

Hmm i see so it appears u  got a "Glass-Chin" 4 der ladies, *GTFOOH* Jeezzzzz!!!
Re: Why Do Ladies Shy Away From Politics & Political Discussions? by Odunnu: 6:10pm On Nov 10, 2011
Rolling.:

even the few available ones around are nothing to write about like that kobojakie that argues like a mor'on !
No! She doesnt argue like one. She's one smart and intelligent gurl, you only cant keep up with her pace
Re: Why Do Ladies Shy Away From Politics & Political Discussions? by OAM4J: 7:02pm On Nov 10, 2011
jay bee:

Ok here is another handle to look at it, It certainly ain't only the females that aren't bothered about the political section as i know quite a few goons that would rather stay on the sideline whilst observing from afar for various reasons i.e.
What's the point in engaging people when most political section posts either have tribalism undertone or just regurgitated arguments with no end insight?

Why engage people whose number one aim is to cause trouble or better still relive their frustrated lives on the WWW?

Could it be that under shoiwng their political savvinness isn't classed as being productive in their respective dictionaries. Afterall most have the hardest job in town. Combining 9-5 jobs with added responsiblity of being a wife and mother in most cases ain't for the faint hearted

Above all, why bother engage, salivate, waste precious time about affairs of a country that's in the hand of the devil and ain't changing anytime soon?

Arguing over Nigerian politics is absolute waste of time and i believe there are other sections on NL where more intelligent discussions are being heard on a daily basis eg Family section

I get your points. But rather than ignoring the threads totally, you can make your point and ignore the trolls. Any discerning mind reading can always separate the shafts from the wheat.

dayokanu:

Its only natural and it happens everywhere in the world. Most women dont like Politics.

You want to test it Give your mom, sister, gf or wife a TV remote control and you would never see her watching CNN or any other Political news channel guess where she would be on?

But on NL some women are holding it down e.g Ileke-idi, Desola etc

I want more of them jare plus including the pretty cool 'odunnus' cheesy
Re: Why Do Ladies Shy Away From Politics & Political Discussions? by Jenifa1: 7:07pm On Nov 10, 2011
dayokanu:

something I notice is if more women are hosting serious type shows, women will watch it.
ex funmi iyanda, oprah etc.

yeah men are more into sports while women are more into fashion lol
Re: Why Do Ladies Shy Away From Politics & Political Discussions? by dayokanu(m): 7:14pm On Nov 10, 2011
Its not about the trolls thats making them stay away

There are worse trolls in romance section where they visit.

Which troll on NL on politics is worse than MrCork, lefulefu , mobo444 , 190 etc yet the women still flood to Romance section
Re: Why Do Ladies Shy Away From Politics & Political Discussions? by Demdem(m): 7:14pm On Nov 10, 2011
OAM4J:

I get your points. But rather than ignoring the threads totally, you can make your point and ignore the trolls. Any discerning mind reading can always separate the shafts from the wheat.

I want more of them jare plus including the pretty cool 'odunnus'  cheesy

Odunwhat? Honestly don't want more of her. She is for the Retardeen. She's sweet though.
Re: Why Do Ladies Shy Away From Politics & Political Discussions? by Demdem(m): 7:18pm On Nov 10, 2011
dayokanu:

Its not about the trolls thats making them stay away

There are worse trolls in romance section where they visit.

Which troll on NL on politics is worse than MrCork, lefulefu , mobo444 , 190 etc yet the women still flood to Romance section

Interesting. Are u saying that our ladies are attracted to trolls?
Re: Why Do Ladies Shy Away From Politics & Political Discussions? by Kobojunkie: 7:36pm On Nov 10, 2011
Confusing Freedom of Speech with Freedom to INSULT others who do not see things as you do is evidence of how ill-mannered some entities really are. grin grin grin

Some of us have learnt to accept that the fault is likely from those who raised these person's while others have chosen to avoid confronting these beings entirely. grin
Re: Why Do Ladies Shy Away From Politics & Political Discussions? by coogar: 7:38pm On Nov 10, 2011
Demdem:

Interesting. Are u saying that our ladies are attracted to trolls?

far from it.
he's saying your ladies are attracted to romance trolls. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Fawehinmi To Jonathan: Show Competence Or Resign In A Month / Breaking: Adamawa Council Chairmen Defect To Pdp / LASTMA To Adopt New System Of Booking Offenders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.