Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,817 members, 7,820,882 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:33 AM

Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? (33230 Views)

See The Condition Of Roads In Igbogbo Ikorodu / The Condition Of Nekede/Ihiagwa Road In Imo State (Death Trap) / Present Condition Of The New Lagos Marcopolo BRT Bus. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? by Gerrard59(m): 4:16pm On Feb 17
Procashtips:

Na Buhari cause wetin we dey go through now or why are we always good at looking for others to blame when the person to be blamed is someone we 'like'?

Buhari closed borders; allowed his Fulani brothers to wreck people's investments and destroy lives; didn't stop oil theft; permitted brazen printing of the naira and corruption and many more.

Why do you Buharists find it hard to accept your darling incompetent ret@rd was a colossal failure?!

7 Likes

Re: Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? by Gerrard59(m): 4:18pm On Feb 17
Kobicove:

Does Nigeria still produce enough cocoa for export? undecided

Nigeria currently exports more cocoa than Ghana. Ivory Coast and Ghana had serious weather disruptions, thus pushing buyers to move to Nigeria. As I write, Nigerian cocoa farmers and exporters are making a lot of money.

2 Likes

Re: Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? by Rejoice28(f): 4:22pm On Feb 17
Friends Jesus Christ loves y'all and he want you to accept him as your personal lord and saviour by giving your life to Christ, believing in him and repenting of your sins.remember tomorrow might be too late. Shalom

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? by abba190: 4:24pm On Feb 17
na who get money dey think of japa
Re: Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? by Suicideboy: 4:25pm On Feb 17
tensazangetsu20:

It's no more easy to get a remote work from Nigeria again.

Depends on the work

I've dudes job hopping multiple web3 jobs from nigeria

1 Like

Re: Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? by Difrent: 4:38pm On Feb 17
Karleb:

Funny, why then do you think politicians are buying seconds citizenship for themselves and their families when they are the top 5 richest in the country.

If I had plenty of money, Nigeria wouldn't be the place I'd want to endure enjoy it.

Nigeiran remains the best place for Nigerian Politicians to live
Tax free
Break traffic rules at. Will
Break country's laws without consequences......
That's why Most of them live in Nigeria and only travel to friendly countries for vacation or child's graduation and when they are there they behave
Re: Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? by tishbite43: 4:47pm On Feb 17
Guydre:
I want to apply for Canada via study route, the last time I applied for Manitoba, I was rejected because I used neco result, I have bsc , I just think that route will cost me less. I don't know what school to apply and I have less than 3 meter
Less than 3 meter
Canada?!

You must be a stand-up comedian
😂😂😂😂😂

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? by Proudlyomonna: 4:57pm On Feb 17
ednut1:
There are over 220m people in Nigeria. Everyone cant japa. Which country will absorb them all Nothing strange there.

People wey neva chop money wey dey their Country finish wan go slave master land grin
Re: Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? by lastkingsman: 4:58pm On Feb 17
Gerrard59:

Buhari closed borders; allowed his Fulani brothers to wreck people's investments and destroy lives; didn't stop oil theft; permitted brazen printing of the naira and corruption and many more.

Why do you Buharists find it hard to accept your darling incompetent ret@rd was a colossal failure?!

Depleted our foreign reserve

https://www.thecable.ng/nigerias-net-fx-reserves-likely-fell-to-3-7bn-at-end-of-2022-says-jp-morgan/amp
Re: Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? by IbeOkehie: 5:01pm On Feb 17
Gerrard59:

The majority of a country's wealthy always reside in the country they come from. It is their dominant environment. Nothing about creating wealth. It is simple mathematics. There are more wealthy Nigerians living in Nigeria than elsewhere.

Depends on what level of wealth you classify as wealthy and what you mean by "living" in Nigeria.

The vast majority of Nigerians earning over $1K per month live in Western Europe and North America, probably just in UK & USA. The vast majority of Nigerians who own cars or have access to clean efficient transportation, use flush toilets and have access to stable energy supplies also live in those countries.

The ultra wealthy Nigerians have most of their assets abroad. The Pandora Files made that clear. Assets owned by Nigerians abroad is likely worth more than assets owned by Nigerians inside Nigeria, it's just that the assets inside Nigeria are mostly owned by a tiny number of people. The exclusivity of that class is what makes their life in Nigeria so enjoyable, especially for people with a tinge of sadism in their being. But their number is very, very small. Probably a few tens of thousands people, definitely not up to 200,000 individuals.

So in a sense most wealth held by Nigerians is located abroad. Most of the owners commute from abroad. I know this for a fact. It's like saying a dollar billionaire like Muhammadu Buhari lives in Nigeria. No he doesn't and neither do most of his peers.

PARADIZEPRIEST:
Why are naija people not seeing opportunities in naija.
Common shoe polish you important despite studying chemistry,naija youth can't produce polish

Candle you import,despite having graduates of science every corner unemployed doing fraud

Apple and exotic fruits you import despite having grades of botany

Dairy cattle you import ,despite having animal science grades over without them maning a simple poultry farm.
These are jobs you japa to do as second citizens.

Simple, simple reason. How many times must it be explained?

The major reason is the fixed and regulated price of naira. The governments of Nigeria have ALWAYS kept the naira stronger than it should be. This policy makes imported products & services cheaper and more competitive against locally produced alternatives.

This means the JOBS that produce goods & services used in Nigeria are located abroad. All those factories producing our imported stuff should be located in Nigeria, but the REGULATED NAIRA makes it impossible to do that. Other factors that disadvantage local productivity are lack of property rights, government ownership of commercial entities and regulated prices

Good Luck to Nigeria.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? by PARADIZEPRIEST: 5:01pm On Feb 17
Why are naija people not seeing opportunities in naija.
Common shoe polish you import despite studying chemistry,naija youth can't produce polish

Candle you import,despite having graduates of science every corner unemployed doing fraud

Apple and exotic fruits you import despite having grades of botany

Dairy cattle you import ,despite having animal science grads all over without them maning a simple poultry farm.
These are jobs you japa to do as second citizens. angrysomething is fundermentally wrong with naija youths of today. angryIS TERRIBLE UPBRINGING AND THE GET RICH QUICK SYNDROME OF JUDASLIFE PREACHERS.

2 Likes

Re: Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? by online4business: 5:55pm On Feb 17
banku:
Your deep inferiority complex and resignation to second class citizenship are the same reasons you desert your village to where you and people like you call the land you escape to derogatory names.

People like you claim you do it for your family especially your children. Since you have no culture you appreciate or any Value System in your culture, you live for the day and worship money for happiness.

At the end of the day, your dual citizenship will not benefit you personally or your family. Your children will ridicule you and your culture the way you did. Even worse you will never gain anything from your investment on them..

Those children and your wife would ignore or desert you in your own house because your adopted culture and country give you no respect at home..

Enjoy your misery as you get older. An agent hustling for money pushing others to disaster.

This is hilarious.

Culture and religion are the bane of Nigeria and Mr what me to follow culture.

Culture of tiwa tiwa na my own na wa own push Nigeria to where it's and Mr what me to follow culture.

Your president governor and politicians who stole your money and improvised you all have dual citizenship and Mr what me who makes his money legitimately to follow culture and religion.

How stupid does that sounds?

I've shown you how I made my money go and make your own and tell me if you'd prefer to stay in Nigeria.

Elections of religion and politics have consequences.

Hustle hard my brother see I leave like the next messiah here in Uganda.

My 13 year old daughter has a striving business here (impossible in Nigeria)

Oga banku life is too short to live like a prisoner in your own country.

The country was not designed to function period.

My father and your father didn't do enough to give us the best because he believes in culture and religion and see where it has gotten us.

Oga cry your cry alone.

Musk should have moved back to south Africa to follow culture and religion or stayed in Canada.

Don't be a loser everyone but people without means have dual citizenship smell the coffee.

Light
Insecurities
Bad road
Poor business culture

Make I stay dey fix am while the people who are supposed to fixed it embezzle it.

You'll be a big loser to give your family that type of culture and religion.

Pastor and iman don scam ona.
Culture of emiloka don scam ona and you want me to follow you.

Abeg shine your eye elections have consequences.

Read reply to the other guy.

You can make excuses and make money.

What are your excuses?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? by kushe: 5:56pm On Feb 17
If you have japad,congratulations, but can you pls stop bashing the country and advertising your adopted country.
The pull effect has made many families run into debt,and some marriages ending because they are chasing eldorado.
Leave people alone to find their peace no matter the location. This is our home and running away will never change that. Nigeria's DNA is in you if you like relocate to the moon or Uranus.
If everybody ran from where you are running to who would have made it a sane society?
People like me will stay and make Nigeria better.
Money is not everything.

9 Likes

Re: Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? by oaugraduate1234(m): 6:09pm On Feb 17
Jennysplash:
Please my Canada work visa got denied 19th January even though it was LMIA approved job I got through an agency. Please I need advice and help of when and how to re-apply but this time using the student route. This are the reasons the officer gave:
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by
paragraph 200(1)(b) of the IRPR (https://laws.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/
section-200.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will
leave Canada, based on the following factors:
• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the
details you have provided in your application.
• You were not able to demonstrate that you will be able to adequately perform the work you seek.
This is my first time ever applying for any visa in my life and this agency ruined my first chance because am beginning to doubt if the job was real because I submitted all they asked me to.

Hello Friend,

Do You Intend To Relocate To Canada With A Genuine Work Permit And Become A Permanent Resident Without Loosing Your Hard Earned Money To Any Fake Agent??

If YES, one of the best ways to achieve that goal is the Seyi Obasi's E-Book On Canada Relocation Using Work Permit.

Please note that this E-book comprises of all Important Information On How To Get Genuine Jobs In Canada, Relocate And Become A Permanent Resident Without Been Scammed By Any Agent.

You Can Click The link below to watch the introductory video and you can click on the e-book button to purchase the full package and training materials, if interested

https:///1do7r
Re: Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? by RickyJesus: 6:23pm On Feb 17
NuCypher:

I tell people this. Your best option is to find remote work in Nigeria where you earn in dollars or euro. That's your best option. And preferably move to a country like Rwanda eventually that may be able to accommodate you under a work visa.
Of course remote Job na the way out, na to land am be the thing. You get update? Make I follow you crawl.
Re: Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? by Procashtips(m): 6:28pm On Feb 17
Gerrard59:

And were these issues happening before he became president or it happened after he became president?

Secondly, he printed new naira note, how did that cause any inflation or you're just looking for something to hang on?

Are you saying these are the reasons spaghetti went from ₦180 during his time to ₦950 under Tinubu within 9 months?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? by smasher1(m): 6:28pm On Feb 17
ikorodureporta:
Despite the jappa tide flowing allover, there are some people who don't have jappa in their agenda even though they are not doing well...
Some reasons may include weather, culture, food, caring for loved ones here, lack of strict laws here, etc.
They've decided to remain in their "comfort zone"...

Are you one of dem

The end would soon come and God's kingdom would replace all human government. So why run away from one problem to another.
Re: Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? by 247man: 6:30pm On Feb 17
ikorodureporta:
Despite the jappa tide flowing allover, there are some people who don't have jappa in their agenda even though they are not doing well...
Some reasons may include weather, culture, food, caring for loved ones here, lack of strict laws here, etc.
They've decided to remain in their "comfort zone"...

Are you one of dem

This japa thing is just like mmm… they thrive when economy gets bad and people just want to do it cos everyone is doing it. No exit plan. Many people japa finish after selling all their lives savings and get there to realise it’s not as easy as it seems.
Japa is good for youths who are just starting life ( you no really get investments to lose or sell), but where to get the money involved in d japa is d limiting factor. While those with d money ( after working good job for 15-20yrs) will get there and start all over again all because they want to give their kids a better chance in future.
Best of luck to any decision you make. One thing you should not live with is regretting your decisions.
Re: Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? by smasher1(m): 6:35pm On Feb 17
pansophist:

When people say there is enjoyment in nigeria, it's about the communality, food, being the default, lack of civic responsibilitiee, and "freedom in chaos" such as hook up, bribery, abusing others ( eg sales girl, house boy) etc

Apart from these, I don't know exactly how Nigeria is fun. If one have adapted to their new home, it's far better fun than what's obtainable in naija

How can you enjoy a place with no light, dirty beaches that's not free, no free museum, architecture, library, etc?

And a preventable situation such as bad roads, dumb police officers and bad medical care can kill you in an instant?

Also, your money can only go far in a functioning society. It takes me about 20euros to fly from Amsterdam to the Spanish islands in Africa (Gran Canaria) , but can same amount take you from Lagos to Abuja by flight?

If I dump you in the desert with a million usd suitcase, your money becomee useless, just because the desert can't convert your cash to value.

It's the same thing with being wealthy in Nigeria. Hopefully the drugs you bought for headache is not fake. Imagine paying for your death.

So no, there is no enjoyment in a dysfunctional system. Just that human natures will adapt to bad situations and create fun in it. Just as the kids in the ghetto are having fun, but it's not good life.

I concur with all your points and it's painful especially on healthcare.

But I still like Nigerian soil like that.
Re: Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? by smasher1(m): 6:38pm On Feb 17
Gerrard59:

Fair analysis. Which is why this thread exists: https://www.nairaland.com/7496716/what-exactly-does-one-enjoy

But I am surprised, your comments have changed overtime regarding relocation and living in a place where the majority don't look like you.

P.S. We must acknowledge one thing: The majority of wealthy Nigerians live in Nigeria.

The fact is the majority of wealthy Nigerians spend almost 365 days in the country and in the place where they make their money outside their state of origin irrespective of whether they like the state/country or not.

1 Like

Re: Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? by Love800(m): 7:13pm On Feb 17
What do you want to do there?
chiboycue:

I wan relocate to Ghana
Re: Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? by Love800(m): 7:17pm On Feb 17
Bros make dem reason my side small na. 1k will do.
ritux:
Why should I japa when my monthly income here is over 3million.
Re: Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? by SAdock: 7:49pm On Feb 17
if I can get to make millions in Nigeria.. I have no any reason to japa..if I have a job or work that give me up to 5 or 10 millions in Nigeria..i will just stay here and plan on how to make more money with that. but the problem is that what I make on monthly basis is not even enough to feed me and my family . God help us. we are far behind in the world of the living
Re: Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? by Forta(m): 7:56pm On Feb 17
pansophist:

When people say there is enjoyment in nigeria, it's about the communality, food, being the default, lack of civic responsibilitiee, and "freedom in chaos" such as hook up, bribery, abusing others ( eg sales girl, house boy) etc

Apart from these, I don't know exactly how Nigeria is fun. If one have adapted to their new home, it's far better fun than what's obtainable in Naija
How can you enjoy a place with no light, dirty beaches that's not free, no free museum, architecture, library, etc?

And a preventable situation such as bad roads, dumb police officers and bad medical care can kill you in an instant?

Also, your money can only go far in a functioning society. It takes me about 20euros to fly from Amsterdam to the Spanish islands in Africa (Gran Canaria) , but can same amount take you from Lagos to Abuja by flight?

If I dump you in the desert with a million usd suitcase, your money becomee useless, just because the desert can't convert your cash to value.

It's the same thing with being wealthy in Nigeria. Hopefully the drugs you bought for headache is not fake. Imagine paying for your death.

So no, there is no enjoyment in a dysfunctional system. Just that human natures will adapt to bad situations and create fun in it. Just as the kids in the ghetto are having fun, but it's not good life.
you could not have spoken better!!! Thank you my king … Naija no be am

1 Like

Re: Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? by writeprof(m): 8:14pm On Feb 17
lastkingsman:

Australia is denying Nigerians student visa because "the economic situation in the country won't allow you to return after studies".

Nigeria is gone

Is this for real
Re: Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? by IbeOkehie: 8:41pm On Feb 17
Very interesting video from a few days ago. Very, very interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2WJs1hrclc?si=rk8yVQfOw_2pyGrT

Good Luck to Nigerians.
Re: Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? by Greenfaces: 8:54pm On Feb 17
sukkot:
it’s common sense na. 25 million Naira is like 13000 pounds. The average British person does not have up to 1000 pounds in their aza. So you spend 13500 pounds to relocate to a place where the average person does not have 1000 in aza. Is that not the definition of madness 😆😆😆😆
Omo!!! I never knew this oo

Wow... so the average British guy doesn't have that much but they live a very comfortable life though. I think most people just need the stability and peace of mind. If you have an online business that can keep you rich, then relocating is okay because this place is quite in threads mehn. Business doesn't thrive, jobs no dey,security issues here and there, depression everywhere. Hatred from tribes and religious difference. Plus this annoying display of mediocrity or even borderline mumu from public office holders. Let's not forget how bad and expensive education is. Omo... watin really remain Bro.....
Re: Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? by tensazangetsu20(m): 8:55pm On Feb 17
IbeOkehie:
Very interesting video from a few days ago. Very, very interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2WJs1hrclc?si=rk8yVQfOw_2pyGrT

Good Luck to Nigerians.

I wish it was possible to kill someone through YouTube. The American lady is gone.

So apparently anto lecky is one of APC core supporters. Demonic beings

1 Like

Re: Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? by mayorkent(m): 9:11pm On Feb 17
Omo, I used to think that one can stay in Nigeria and make funds.
Before that, I started a business in Nigeria last 2 years after school.
Omo these last two years have been the toughest time of my life, (my BP is even above normal range self)...
I am sha thinking of leaving abeg, make over-thinking no kill me.

Problem now na cost of japa day too high ....omo!!!!

1 Like

Re: Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? by sukkot: 9:15pm On Feb 17
Greenfaces:

Omo!!! I never knew this oo

Wow... so the average British guy doesn't have that much but they live a very comfortable life though. I think most people just need the stability and peace of mind. If you have an online business that can keep you rich, then relocating is okay because this place is quite in threads mehn. Business doesn't thrive, jobs no dey,security issues here and there, depression everywhere. Hatred from tribes and religious difference. Plus this annoying display of mediocrity or even borderline mumu from public office holders. Let's not forget how bad and expensive education is. Omo... watin really remain Bro.....
depends on what you call comfortable. Being worked to death is comfortable? 😄

1 Like

Re: Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? by tensazangetsu20(m): 9:15pm On Feb 17
mayorkent:
Omo, I used to think that one can stay in Nigeria and make funds.
Before that, I started a business in Nigeria last 2 years after school.
Omo these last two years have been the toughest time of my life, (my BP is even above normal range self)...
I am sha thinking of leaving abeg, make over-thinking no kill me.

Problem now na cost of japa day too high ....omo!!!!

This was one of the mistakes I made when I graduated. Wasted 3 years of my life running a business.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Water Transportation: Lagos State Govt Acquires New Ferries - Photos / Man Praises Taxi Driver After Seeing,Groundnut, Drinks & Free Wi-fi In The Car / Update On Third Mainland Bridge Repairs (Week 5)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.