Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,191 members, 7,815,156 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:21 AM

Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? (33151 Views)

See The Condition Of Roads In Igbogbo Ikorodu / The Condition Of Nekede/Ihiagwa Road In Imo State (Death Trap) / Present Condition Of The New Lagos Marcopolo BRT Bus. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? by Procashtips(m): 10:20am On Feb 17
pansophist:
The means to leave is the biggest obstacle for most.

Currency depreciation, can't qualify for any migration/visa category, clueless about the whole process, no guidance/helper, home base responsibilities, and of course, the embassy will mostly not grant you a visa.

The Schengen visa is now very difficult to get. For example, Norway as a rule, wont grant you a visa for tourism even if you overqualify. They do not want Nigerian visitors.

So there you go, leaving Nigeria will keep becoming exceptionally difficult, and close to impossible as the days go by, unless maybe through a family route with a foreign resident/citizen.

It's not a must people leave from Nigeria.

Just go to another African country, stay there for a while, then use that side arrange your movement

11 Likes

Re: Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? by Judolisco(m): 10:20am On Feb 17
lastkingsman:

Australia is denying Nigerians student visa because "the economic situation in the country won't allow you to return after studies".

Nigeria is gone
why uno wan return go your country? Nigeria is truly gone.... During Slave trade, black slaves cry and wail as they are being taken from their home to Europe.... Now na us dey voluntarily go Europe.... Infact d new policy in England for illegal migrants seeking asylum is to ship them down to Rwanda grin regardless of where u are coming from

8 Likes

Re: Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? by Kobicove(m): 10:22am On Feb 17
Gerrard59:
Those making dollars while in Nigeria have no reason to japa.

An instance is the children/close relatives of cocoa farmers and exporters. If I see any such person japa, I will ask hard questions.

Does Nigeria still produce enough cocoa for export? undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? by headboyprince(m): 10:22am On Feb 17
Suicideboy:
Because I earn in euros and hodl crypto for a living
not enough reason you can be accused of being a fraudster. you can go to a nearby african country.

1 Like

Re: Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 10:24am On Feb 17
ikorodureporta:
Despite the jappa tide flowing allover, there are some people who don't have jappa in their agenda even though they are not doing well...
Some reasons may include weather, culture, food, caring for loved ones here, lack of strict laws here, etc.
They've decided to remain in their "comfort zone"... Look

Are you one of dem
Oga money is the reason why 150milion Nigeria still remain here

5 Likes

Re: Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? by ekelebeXstunner: 10:25am On Feb 17
Stupid question.
Re: Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? by Cti28(m): 10:26am On Feb 17
chiiraq802:
If that thing weh belong to ceazer just miss road enter my hand. Ah don leave una for Nigeria.
Moreover I wasn't suppose to be born in Nigeria, ah no no why dat Angel change my nationality.
I'm originally from Japan.
That thing weh belong to Ceaser. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

3 Likes

Re: Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? by Procashtips(m): 10:26am On Feb 17
tensazangetsu20:

Yaradua didn't have good intentions for Nigeria. A lot of what we are suffering today is cause of yaradua. He reversed a lot of Obasanjos policies. Yaradua and buhari are the same stock of people.

Africa and Nigeria will never be great. The black man has been cursed by God to suffer until the world ends.

We can also argue that Obasanjo and Jonathan also didn't mean well for Nigeria.

Infact, all past and present presidents can be said to be in that space.

3 Likes

Re: Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? by omoadeleye(m): 10:27am On Feb 17
I love my country and e dey pain me that i never know what to do to make it better and i don't want to spend my life blaming the government on everything.

5 Likes

Re: Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? by essentialone(m): 10:28am On Feb 17
Jennysplash:
Please my Canada work visa got denied 19th January even though it was LMIA approved job I got through an agency. Please I need advice and help of when and how to re-apply but this time using the student route. This are the reasons the officer gave:
β€’ I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by
paragraph 200(1)(b) of the IRPR (https://laws.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/
section-200.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will
leave Canada, based on the following factors:
β€’ The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the
details you have provided in your application.
β€’ You were not able to demonstrate that you will be able to adequately perform the work you seek.
This is my first time ever applying for any visa in my life and this agency ruined my first chance because am beginning to doubt if the job was real because I submitted all they asked me to.

The Job you applied with was Fake

1 Like

Re: Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? by Suicideboy: 10:28am On Feb 17
headboyprince:
not enough reason you can be accused of being a fraudster. you can go to a nearby african country.

I don't leave my house so police won't see me to arrest

i take vacations and see friends when i want to
Re: Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? by Angelfrost(m): 10:29am On Feb 17
You can't Japa without serious funds...

With the current exchange rate, Proof of Funds alone will humble you, and make you think more realistically about something else.

Then again, there are those who are comfortable enough to live stress-free lives in this same Nigeria... They live in highbrow estates with solar and constant power supply, and earn far above the inflation meter.

For these ones, it makes no sense rocking that boat... Why chase a theoretical good life abroad when you are doing far better than many people abroad?!!

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? by blaise26abj(m): 10:29am On Feb 17
ikorodureporta:
Despite the jappa tide flowing allover, there are some people who don't have jappa in their agenda even though they are not doing well...
Some reasons may include weather, culture, food, caring for loved ones here, lack of strict laws here, etc.
They've decided to remain in their "comfort zone"...

Are you one of dem

There is money and wealth to be made in Nigeria . At the point of good money , japa will be a vacation term

We tend to focus so much on the negatives that we don’t see the positives of living in Nigeria .

5 Likes

Re: Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? by Adakintroy: 10:29am On Feb 17
Because am a MAN.

Men don't abandon territory. They fight to the death.

Aside I no see anything wrong with Nigeria. If Nigeria is tough am slightly tougher.

So when Nigeria is busy running his mouth about how tough she/he is. Am saying shut up! ..and just bring it bitchhh.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? by Kobicove(m): 10:30am On Feb 17
Karleb:

Funny, why then do you think politicians are buying seconds citizenship for themselves and their families when they are the top 5 richest in the country.

If I had plenty of money, Nigeria wouldn't be the place I'd want to endure enjoy it.

Trust me, if you are wealthy and you made your money here in Nigeria nothing would make you want to emigrate to another country cos doing so means you will have to go and start life from ground zero!

9 Likes

Re: Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? by Johnjustice: 10:30am On Feb 17
Try dey use your brain, everyone can't japa, and you gave examples yourself why others like here. Everyone is not you, not wired as you, you don't know their aims and what they live for...seems like an unreasonable topic to me. Ask yourself, why are the wealthy people here?

7 Likes

Re: Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? by ToyozzieTohSwt: 10:31am On Feb 17
Whether you japa or not, you can't even japa to a well-to-do nation if you don't have enough funds for your travel expenses
secondly, life in those places seems to be worst when compared to Nigeria

Anyways, I buy/sell coins, swap giftcards and e-wallet funds to Naira at the best rates only on XPM Exchange. LINK IN SIGNATURE to begin

That's all

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? by chiboycue: 10:31am On Feb 17
ikorodureporta:
They've decided to remain in their "comfort zone"...

Are you one of dem

Give me 2million and I would japa. Unavailability of funds is preventing me from jappaing

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? by Osidazz19: 10:31am On Feb 17
Shallowness and irrational thinking. How can anyone with common sense think that everyone will ever want to leave any country no matter the situation.
There are many many worse countries around the world than Nigeria and millions of people are still living in those countries with no plans of ever leaving.
Only young impressionable person will think that leaving their country is the only solution to all their problems.
After leaving then you will realize that it's better for some to stay in Nigeria and make it.
Tough times don't last, tough people do.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? by Procashtips(m): 10:32am On Feb 17
Gerrard59:

grin grin grin

Guilty conscience grin

I didn't mention any ethnic group. I only said, "those who campaigned and voted for Buhari in 2015".

After sweating under intense heat and inhaling generator fumes which was powered by petrol you struggled to buy at over N700 per litre (which is never accurate) and groaning under blood-sucking mosquitos, you log into Nairaland to dey bant with me. grin grin grin

I remember your username: Just to pain you the more, those who campaigned and voted for the incompetent feudalist by name Buhari in 2015 are very unintelligent, cruel and disgusting folks!

Go and sweat the more! grin

Na Buhari cause wetin we dey go through now or why are we always good at looking for others to blame when the person to be blamed is someone we 'like'?

1 Like

Re: Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? by tnerro1(m): 10:32am On Feb 17
Doing well here, have my house, have 2 cars and I have property I am renting out for income, why will I want to japa?

8 Likes

Re: Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? by Johnjustice: 10:32am On Feb 17
Kobicove:

Trust me, if you are wealthy and you made your money here in Nigeria nothing would make you want to emigrate to another country cos doing so means you will have to go and start life from ground zero!
Exactly...ask yourself why are they still wealthy people living here, the richest Nigerians are still in Nigeria. Most immigrants abroad are still getting by, not wealthy. I don't understand the foolishness the topic is trying to prove.

4 Likes

Re: Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? by Princedapace(m): 10:33am On Feb 17
pansophist:

When people say there is enjoyment in nigeria, it's about the communality, food, being the default, lack of civic responsibilitiee, and "freedom in chaos" such as hook up, bribery, abusing others ( eg sales girl, house boy) etc

Apart from these, I don't know exactly how Nigeria is fun. If one have adapted to their new home, it's far better fun than what's obtainable in naija

How can you enjoy a place with no light, dirty beaches that's not free, no free museum, architecture, library, etc?

And a preventable situation such as bad roads, dumb police officers and bad medical care can kill you in an instant?

Also, your money can only go far in a functioning society. It takes me about 20euros to fly from Amsterdam to the Spanish islands in Africa (Gran Canaria) , but can same amount take you from Lagos to Abuja by flight?

If I dump you in the desert with a million usd suitcase, your money becomee useless, just because the desert can't convert your cash to value.

It's the same thing with being wealthy in Nigeria. Hopefully the drugs you bought for headache is not fake. Imagine paying for your death.

So no, there is no enjoyment in a dysfunctional system. Just that human natures will adapt to bad situations and create fun in it. Just as the kids in the ghetto are having fun, but it's not good life.

Everyone can not leave Nigeria, if everyone leaves even u out there in Spain would be in danger. So, leave people for what they wish to term enjoyment.
Just as u are moving away to Europe, I can count how many Black Americans that I know who have moved to Ghana to live fulltime. The same Ghana we all will reject in jesus name to relocate to.
Everyone have their own peace as they describe it.
I for once would gladly relocate to Ghana than living in Spain.
I mean, the US company that I work for, has helped many move to Ghana and I speak with some of them and they are so happy with their choice.
My point is, everyoen can not relocate to Europe which is what many here tag as the real abroad. I earn in $ and I am okay here, I have solar installed and I am okay the way it is becus what I may tag enjoyment may not be what u may tag enjoyment. Flying up and down with flight is not my thing, neighther is going from one museum to the other my thing. So, humans are different. For me, the only thing I really dont like in Nigeria is healthcare. Aside that, I can cope with every other thing becus life it self is vanity in the first place.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? by tollyboy5(m): 10:35am On Feb 17
Because I love my con3. Lol cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? by Procashtips(m): 10:35am On Feb 17
tensazangetsu20:

Bros what kind of life are black people living. All over the world, majority of black people are suffering from birth to death. Cursed race.

And you're also a 'black' man?

You look like that elevated 'black' slave who because of his position given to him by his slave master started looking down on other people of his color and talking bad against his people with the hopes that he's going to miraculously stop being one of them.

3 Likes

Re: Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? by Nitabb: 10:37am On Feb 17
chiboycue:

Give me 2million and I would japa. Unavailability of funds is preventing me from jappaing
Japa with 2 million??

3 Likes

Re: Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? by Ventura1: 10:37am On Feb 17
Well, it because I understand Nigeria is an evolving society, and some of the characteristics of such evolving society is what we are witnessing, and it will take the citizens to work it out.

2 Likes

Re: Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? by OluwaSegun0509(m): 10:37am On Feb 17
The opportunity never show.
Re: Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? by SuccessfulRichi: 10:38am On Feb 17
Nigeria is a huge crime scene
Re: Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? by Johnjustice: 10:38am On Feb 17
ALLNIGERIANSMAD:
Oga money is the reason why 150milion Nigeria still remain here
A lot of very rich people live here, abroad is for vacation, business, shopping. What's the fun in living in a cold region, shitty weather, shitty food, not everyone even like living around white people, different strokes for different folks. Those big men in Nigeria are here because of the good weather, good food, freedom, no discrimination, less taxes, ease of life, if you are abroad you go work till your old age, dey serve white people up and down. Abroad is overrated...it's mainly struggling people or poor people that japa, wealthy people travel, for business, tourism or shopping. Don't brag with that shit, people have been going abroad since BC, nothing new.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? by Procashtips(m): 10:38am On Feb 17
CaveAdullam:

1. People voted en mass in 2015 for Buhari because the country at that time was still a mess based on the current condition. We only think it was good because now we're in a more pertinent state.

2. Nigerians wanted a change in the status quo in 2015. However, the problem was that the masses were too fast, too myopic, and too dumb to select Buhari as their president.

That's where Gerrard59 anger lies. Even my dad knew Buhari to be a monumental failure. He never for once liked him because he experienced his government as a head of state.

Nigerians thought that the war against indiscipline (WAI) was an idea of Buhari. Meanwhile, it was the brainchild of Tunde Idiagbon his deputy. They thought that will transcend into a tool that will be used by Buhari to take Nigeria to the promised land.

3. The painful thing about Buhari's government is that you can't confidently point out one significant thing he did in 8 years. No significant project. No significant bilateral engagement. No significant improvement in any sector of the economy.

The man was busy chewing gworo and groundnut in the spirit of the "Do I Look Like Give a fvck by Phyno" for complete 8 years.

4. Average APC voters didn't vote along tribal sentiment in 2015 except the Muslims and northerners. However, the southerners were largely in support of APC.

But in 2019 and 2023 elections, proved the stack illiteracy of Nigerians. It was during these elections that tribalism and religious affiliation shone like the sun that rose in the West.

5. I understand where both of you are coming from and driving at. However, continuing like this isn't any ounce of contribution to the solution to the current problem.

The nation is doomed! Such exchanges even make the whole doomsday happen faster.

Sigh.

Some are trying to make it look like people opted for Buhari not because Nigeria wasn't doing well in the midst of extreme windfall of extra dollars we were earning then.

Majority agreed Jonathan was a failure, hence electing Buhari who also didn't fair well. (Though I made money under his rule)

I also don't agree he did nothing, that would be a lie stretched too far. What he did, we can still see them today but compared to what was expected, they're far apart.

We must go back to regional system of government.

4 Likes

Re: Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? by Franking: 10:38am On Feb 17
US or no Japa.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Ghastly Accident Happen Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Picture) / Pictures From The Ebute Metta Rail Station / Trailer Kills Conductor In Lagos This Morning (Graphic Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.