Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,835 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:44 PM

Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? (33187 Views)

See The Condition Of Roads In Igbogbo Ikorodu / The Condition Of Nekede/Ihiagwa Road In Imo State (Death Trap) / Present Condition Of The New Lagos Marcopolo BRT Bus. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? by DeepSight(m): 11:28am On Feb 17
RickyJesus:

When I called you tribalist, I meant you as an Igbo (I later figure that out). I always have a feeling that your gibberish on Buhari has nothing to do with logical and reasonable analysis but simply coming from an emotional standpoint from a tribalistic bigot.

At the bolded; that's just a low blow and a demented view on painting a picture with zero idea of what the person is offline while hoping those word will on some way have any effect on the person, very pathetic.

From the foregoing you are the tribalistic one, and you make presumptions. You presume for example, that Igbo people who didnt vote Buhari are tribalistic.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? by DeepSight(m): 11:31am On Feb 17
tensazangetsu20:

Bros what kind of life are black people living. All over the world, majority of black people are suffering from birth to death. Cursed race.

As someone said, everything is in phases. Romans would have considered Germans and Brits cursed. It's all a matter of time.

2 Likes

Re: Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? by DeepSight(m): 11:33am On Feb 17
Suicideboy:

Niggers are sub humans including you

Not a surprising comment coming from one with your moniker. Self hatred is obviously a problem for you.

You had better see a shrink before it's too late. If you can't afford one, please find a friend and start thinking positively. Urgently.

2 Likes

Re: Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? by EEIA: 11:33am On Feb 17
Jennysplash:
Please my Canada work visa got denied 19th January even though it was LMIA approved job I got through an agency. Please I need advice and help of when and how to re-apply but this time using the student route. This are the reasons the officer gave:
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by
paragraph 200(1)(b) of the IRPR (https://laws.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/
section-200.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will
leave Canada, based on the following factors:
• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the
details you have provided in your application.
• You were not able to demonstrate that you will be able to adequately perform the work you seek.
This is my first time ever applying for any visa in my life and this agency ruined my first chance because am beginning to doubt if the job was real because I submitted all they asked me to.
there is not enough proof to show that you will leave canada if your purpose for going there happens to terminate.

Even though legit, you are classified under the group of people moving for greener pastures.

You have nothing to hold back on in Nigeria to show when things change.

as long as you can’t prove, you will apply 100 times and be rejected the same number of times.
Re: Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? by Drone95(m): 11:36am On Feb 17
Jennysplash:
Please my Canada work visa got denied 19th January even though it was LMIA approved job I got through an agency. Please I need advice and help of when and how to re-apply but this time using the student route. This are the reasons the officer gave:
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by
paragraph 200(1)(b) of the IRPR (https://laws.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/
section-200.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will
leave Canada, based on the following factors:
• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the
details you have provided in your application.
• You were not able to demonstrate that you will be able to adequately perform the work you seek.
This is my first time ever applying for any visa in my life and this agency ruined my first chance because am beginning to doubt if the job was real because I submitted all they asked me to.
seems your experience doesn't match the job you are going for, probably you hold a bsc in engineering and u are going for personal support worker or healthcare assistant.
Re: Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? by DeepSight(m): 11:39am On Feb 17
ahmedio2017:

Haha which kind of statement is this? Were you there when God was coursing Africa?

Yaradua and buhari had good intentions but the system was too corrupt for them to thrive. Let me tell you the honest truth, no matter how trustworthy you are you cannot rule Nigeria so far we are still practicing this useless democracy.

Buhari, an inert, lazy, illiterate provincial man, could never be a good ruler of even a village.

3 Likes

Re: Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? by LagBlogger(m): 11:42am On Feb 17
pansophist:

When people say there is enjoyment in nigeria, it's about the communality, food, being the default, lack of civic responsibilitiee, and "freedom in chaos" such as hook up, bribery, abusing others ( eg sales girl, house boy) etc

Apart from these, I don't know exactly how Nigeria is fun. If one have adapted to their new home, it's far better fun than what's obtainable in naija

How can you enjoy a place with no light, dirty beaches that's not free, no free museum, architecture, library, etc?

And a preventable situation such as bad roads, dumb police officers and bad medical care can kill you in an instant?

Also, your money can only go far in a functioning society. It takes me about 20euros to fly from Amsterdam to the Spanish islands in Africa (Gran Canaria) , but can same amount take you from Lagos to Abuja by flight?

If I dump you in the desert with a million usd suitcase, your money becomee useless, just because the desert can't convert your cash to value.

It's the same thing with being wealthy in Nigeria. Hopefully the drugs you bought for headache is not fake. Imagine paying for your death.

So no, there is no enjoyment in a dysfunctional system. Just that human natures will adapt to bad situations and create fun in it. Just as the kids in the ghetto are having fun, but it's not good life.

This is still your opinion.

Some people relocated from abroad to settle down in Nigeria because they prefer Nigeria.

There are Nigerians with dual citizenship who only travel out on holidays

2 Likes

Re: Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? by dlordy100: 11:43am On Feb 17
Even to japa is costly now....

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? by Natbrowny: 11:43am On Feb 17
Alphamentips:

No be comfort zone matter. Na 10 to 20 meter matter

No mind am.
Nigerians always mis-defining what comfort zone is.
Re: Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? by ogbonti: 11:46am On Feb 17
ikorodureporta:
Despite the jappa tide flowing allover, there are some people who don't have jappa in their agenda even though they are not doing well...
Some reasons may include weather, culture, food, caring for loved ones here, lack of strict laws here, etc.
They've decided to remain in their "comfort zone"...

Are you one of dem

not everyone has a slave mentality like you, some people will rather die standing than live on their knees - and thanks for helping to propagate the second phase of slave trade on Nigeria and Africa… thanks for working for those foreign agents who want the best brains drained out of Africa so they can re-conquer whatever is left of our ancestral home while you are busy slaving overseas

2 Likes

Re: Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? by BigBashiru: 11:47am On Feb 17
tensazangetsu20:

Bros what kind of life are black people living. All over the world, majority of black people are suffering from birth to death. Cursed race.

The British are the cursed ones. The history books are your friend.

1 Like

Re: Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? by Kingbuhari(m): 11:50am On Feb 17
They no tell you just from Lagos to London is 3m .... Nah person wey get money dey japa
Re: Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? by Samdaresd(m): 11:52am On Feb 17
ednut1:
There are over 220m people in Nigeria. Everyone cant japa. Which country will absorb them all Nothing there.
Re: Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? by ogbonti: 11:54am On Feb 17
BigBashiru:

The British are the cursed ones. The history books are your friend.

you see - he is already saying his race is cursed because he cant see the reason why japa sundrome has been so weaponized against Nigerians - first the white man will make him
hate himself so that he feels worthless enough - to resist being controlled —- then he will be used as a slave in then western world 🌎-

Nigerians wake up and fight for your country, you are so willing to be a slave elsewhere than be a prince in your own land once you get it right

Make it happen, confront the establishment that has rendered the country poor and desolate, that fight will be easier than the fight you will encounter overseas where at best you will remain a third class citizen, only to be seen and not heard-

All that glitters abroad is not gold, wake up and fight for your country Nigeria 🇳🇬

We Nigerians are the ONLY hope of the black race, IF we give up on Nigeria, the black race is conquered finally -

Look at the jews, they were successful in Europe and America but after the holocaust- they realized the need to reestablish their homeland because they can not be worth half of their capacity in a foreign land - wake up Nigerians - the foreign powers are promoting the japa syndrome by their agents in Nigeria so they come recolonize Nigeria economically in your absence

3 Likes

Re: Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? by Tayorshd87: 11:55am On Feb 17
ednut1:
There are over 220m people in Nigeria. Everyone cant japa. Which country will absorb them all Nothing strange there.

God bless
Re: Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? by EnterpriseMan: 11:58am On Feb 17
Because they don't have money simple as that. Broke man no get were e wan japa go
Re: Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? by kabanayol9(m): 11:58am On Feb 17
ikorodureporta:
Despite the jappa tide flowing allover, there are some people who don't have jappa in their agenda even though they are not doing well...
Some reasons may include weather, culture, food, caring for loved ones here, lack of strict laws here, etc.

Are you one of dem
Not for me, nah money 💰 i never get, anytime GOD bless me, i am already in London.
Re: Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? by AngelicBeing: 11:59am On Feb 17
wink
Re: Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? by omoluka: 12:01pm On Feb 17
pansophist:

When people say there is enjoyment in nigeria, it's about the communality, food, being the default, lack of civic responsibilitiee, and "freedom in chaos" such as hook up, bribery, abusing others ( eg sales girl, house boy) etc

Apart from these, I don't know exactly how Nigeria is fun. If one have adapted to their new home, it's far better fun than what's obtainable in naija

How can you enjoy a place with no light, dirty beaches that's not free, no free museum, architecture, library, etc?

And a preventable situation such as bad roads, dumb police officers and bad medical care can kill you in an instant?

Also, your money can only go far in a functioning society. It takes me about 20euros to fly from Amsterdam to the Spanish islands in Africa (Gran Canaria) , but can same amount take you from Lagos to Abuja by flight?

If I dump you in the desert with a million usd suitcase, your money becomee useless, just because the desert can't convert your cash to value.

It's the same thing with being wealthy in Nigeria. Hopefully the drugs you bought for headache is not fake. Imagine paying for your death.

So no, there is no enjoyment in a dysfunctional system. Just that human natures will adapt to bad situations and create fun in it. Just as the kids in the ghetto are having fun, but it's not good life.
You can't be more correct grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? by sukkot: 12:01pm On Feb 17
Bridget95:
The world is coming to an end. The hardship is world .
Whether you japa or not you will surely suffer.
hmmm wisdom

1 Like

Re: Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? by zionstaar75: 12:02pm On Feb 17
ikorodureporta:

Are you one of dem
it's lazy, idle and unproductive people that japa.i hate the word

2 Likes

Re: Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? by femicyrus(m): 12:03pm On Feb 17
Assuming all European countries are visa free for Nigerians and transportation is a free one way ticket.

If tinubu still has anyone left in Nigeria to govern after 48hours then it has to be dangote and the likes

Poverty is the only reason we are still plenty here.
Government knew this truth and they prefer Nigerians to remain poor for them to remain relevant

4 Likes

Re: Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? by kay29000(m): 12:05pm On Feb 17
ednut1:
There are over 220m people in Nigeria. Everyone cant japa. Which country will absorb them all Nothing strange there.

Gbam! Everyone can't leave.
Re: Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? by faceland: 12:08pm On Feb 17
99% of Nigerians, it is unattainable to move to a First World County.

Out of that 1% (which 20 million people), half of them are old, it doesn't make sense to start allover again overseas.

There many people who would get their visa the very week they apply, they are matured, their bank account has been healthy for the past 30 years, have properties in Nigeria but they are not interested. They have fulfilled their dreams here.

1 Like

Re: Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? by TheGift: 12:11pm On Feb 17
ikorodureporta:

Are you one of dem

Because the condition does not determine my orientation

Because the entire world is going through various crisis conditions

Because In every challenging condition , solution minded entrepreneurs like me only see opportunity

Because I don’t want to be a second or third class citizen in my resident country.

Because Dangote and Elumelu with all their money have not Japa’d.

I can go on and on

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? by Agunesinjaweola: 12:12pm On Feb 17
It cost about N25Milion to UK now through the COS by a known agent...

How many people can afford that
Re: Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? by 2Radii: 12:14pm On Feb 17
Gerrard59:
Those making dollars while in Nigeria have no reason to japa.

An instance is the children/close relatives of cocoa farmers and exporters. If I see any such person japa, I will ask hard questions.

I swear bro, it's because of that cocoa work that I am into I am not japa yet....if not a fo don go since..

But I am not an exporter and I want to be an exporter as well grin

1 Like

Re: Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? by faceland: 12:20pm On Feb 17
porthouse7:
Japa go where? Only lazy people run and they realize it not better anywhere

Better to pay ransom to kidnappers (after rapping mother, wife and daughters) than japa.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? by faceland: 12:22pm On Feb 17
Agunesinjaweola:
It cost about N25Milion to UK now through the COS by a known agent...

How many people can afford that

Anyone one burning that amount to go to UK have made the wrong decision.

4 Likes

Re: Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? by Greenfaces: 12:25pm On Feb 17
Is there a free flight and visa and residence permit Do you think japa is cheap

1 Like

Re: Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? by faceland: 12:25pm On Feb 17
fasbat:
before Tinubu came in,you might need between 10m/15m to Japa but with this quagmire on ground,one will need 20m/25m today, the exchange rate have dealt a big blow

8 million would take you to Europe before... Now, it is unattainable.
Re: Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? by MamaletASO: 12:25pm On Feb 17
You are very Stoopid ...

The major reason was not mentioned in your list..

Money to Japa no dey... dazzol

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Truck Rams Into Building In Ijebu-Ode: Mum, Daughter, 1 Other Crushed To Death / Rider Fixes An Umbrella To His Motorcycle In Lagos / CBN Police Blocked Owerri-mbaise Road For 3hours To Fix Spoilt Vehicle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.