Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,122 members, 7,814,939 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:22 AM

Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? (14704 Views)

Giving Your Tithe To The Church Or To The Needy: What The Bible Really Says / Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) / I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? by Orathird: 9:27am On Feb 25
Expanse2020:
I think it's not necessary to give pastor but rather give to the needy..it's just an embezzling process for all these pastors.

And you think the needy does not embezzle too?

The way you see the pastors are also the way some needy too.

They are fake needy too ooooo.
Re: Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? by BigDawsNet: 9:27am On Feb 25
Both
Re: Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? by tctrills: 9:28am On Feb 25
Corrections:

Is human body (that consists of spirit and soul) no longer the temple/house of God according to 1 cor6:19-20 where God dwells? If it is, then your point is off focus.

1Corinthians 6:19-20 (ESV),

He asks, “Or do you not know that your body is
a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body.”
The Lord was clearly not referring to the human body when he gave that commandment. Do not modify it for him.
If dashing money is not the same as paying tithe let's not mix things up.
There is order in the house of God. Again, paying tithe should not stop you from doing good to all men.
Let us stop bending God's command with our modern interpretations.
Re: Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? by efeteb: 9:28am On Feb 25
See your sense! na the one wey concern church dey pain you? Give your tithe to the place chosen and remove your eyes. 90% in your hand can go for that. If you want to give tithe give and remove your mind.
Re: Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? by GenFunction: 9:31am On Feb 25
sambass:
99% of Nigerian pastors are fraud....know this and know peace.
..ITS NT 4 U TO JUDGE,LEAVE THAT TO GOD,o ye assistant god.jus find 1 pastor insyd that ur 1% nd be with.
Re: Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? by Chikel20000(m): 9:33am On Feb 25
EreluRoz:
Yes, tithes are for people in need and not all these pastors who are now using it as a means of survival
very wrong....titthe is not for pastors or those in need....it is for God....God commands u to give to ur church....giving alms is not giving titthe
Re: Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? by GenFunction: 9:33am On Feb 25
Orathird:

LOL,like that fake needy dem see for wuse 2 with a huge amount of money,dollar inclusive o.
Re: Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? by Kingosytex(m): 9:36am On Feb 25
Corrections:
In Christianity, the importance of tithing can not be ignored. God instructed Christians to bring 10th of their total income to his storehouse or temple.

However, in today's modern world, people no longer give animals or material things as Tithe (not that it is forbidden) but instead all have been monetized.

One may wonder and ask the following questions:

* Why do Christians have to bring their TITHES to God's storehouse or temple?

* What is God's understanding of a store house or temple?

* Can one give his/her TITHE to parents or people if they are in need?

WHY DO CHRISTIANS HAVE to bring their TITHE to God's storehouse/ temple?

Malachi 3:10

New Living Translation
Bring all the tithes into the storehouse so there will be enough food in my Temple. If you do,” says the LORD of Heaven’s Armies, “I will open the windows of heaven for you. I will pour out a blessing so great you won’t have enough room to take it in! Try it! Put me to the test.

Just as it is written in the scripture, we give TITHE so that there will be enough in the temple or store house of God.

WHAT IS GOD'S UNDERSTANDING OF STOREHOUSE/ TEMPLE?

The scripture gives us a clear idea of God's understanding on what a storehouse/ temple is. In the scripture we can classify God's understanding of a storehouse/ temple as the following:

* Store house/ temple view by God as a Physical man made structures.

* Store house/ temple view by God as a human body (that is spirit with a soul)

STOREHOUSE/TEMPLE VIEW BY GOD AS A "PHYSICAL MAN MADE STRUCTURE"

Here God views a temple or storehouse as a structure built by man. It is always physical in nature.

Ezra 1: 3

New International Version
Any of his people among you may go up to Jerusalem in Judah and build the temple of the LORD, the God of Israel, the God who is in Jerusalem, and may their God be with them.

1Chronicles 28:3
But God said to me, ‘You are not to build a house for my Name, because you are a warrior and have shed blood.’

Here we can clearly see that God is referring a house/temple as a man made structure.

STOREHOUSE/TEMPLE VIEW BY GOD AS A HUMAN BODY (THAT IS SPIRIT WITH A SOUL)

Here, God does not view a storehouse or temple as a physical man made structure but rather he views it as a human body that has a soul and a spirit.

He asks, “Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body.”

John 4: 21-23

21 “Woman,” Jesus replied, “believe me, a time is coming when you will worship the Father neither on this mountain nor in Jerusalem. 22 You Samaritans worship what you do not know; we worship what we do know, for salvation is from the Jews. 23 Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in the Spirit (the spirit is inside the body) and in truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks.

Here Jesus was trying to tell us that our body will be the temple where God will be worshipped which confirms that God also sees our body as a storehouse/ temple.

Matthew 12:43-45

43 “When an impure spirit comes out of a person, it goes through arid places seeking rest and does not find it. 44 Then it says[b], ‘I will return to the house I left[/b].’ When it arrives, it finds the house unoccupied, swept clean and put in order. 45 Then it goes and takes with it seven other spirits more wicked than itself, and they go in and live there (because they see it just as God sees it as a house too) And the final condition of that person is worse than the first. That is how it will be with this wicked generation.”

Here, Jesus is referring to human's body (that has a spirit and a soul) to be a house where demons could dwell or live. It opens our eye to the fact that God who is a spirit also sees our human physical body as a temple/house.

CAN ONE GIVE HIS/ HER TITHE TO PARENTS OR PEOPLE IF THEY ARE IN NEED?

Now, that we understand how God sees or defines a " storehouse or temple", we can now proceed to answering the question. The following are the 3 reasons why you can give your TITHE to your parents or people if they are in need.

* Jesus says in mark7:11-12

Mark7:11-12
New international Version
11 But you say that if anyone declares that what might have been used to help their father or mother is Corban (that is, devoted to God)— 12 then you no longer let them do anything for their father or mother. 13 Thus you nullify the word of God by your tradition that you have handed down. And you do many things like that.”

Here, Jesus was telling the people how wrong they were when they refused to help their parents with things (including tithe) they had dedicated to give God when they were seriously in need. If your parents are in serious need of money and you could help them with your tithe (because that is what is left to help) but told them "you rather give the money to God as tithe than them", Jesus says you are wrong.

* Your parents/ people are temple or storehouse (spirits that live in body with soul) of God by scriptures.

Corinthians 6:19-20 (ESV),

He asks, “Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body.”

IMPORTANT NOTE!!!!!

This article is written to let us see from scriptures (bible) view that while it good to take our tithe to physical house of God we should not also condem the fact that humans body is also seen by God as a temple or storehouse in which we can invest our tithe in if they are in need of it after we have given every other things.

Meanwhile,, Jesus is waiting for you because jesus is the messiah the world is waiting so connect with him today! !!!

HOW TO CONNECT WITH JESUS

Your body is the house of God is it clean or dirty? You can make it clean by connecting to Jesus today.

John14:6
Jesus told him ' I am the way-
Yes, and the truth and the life. No one can GET to the father (GOD) except by means of me (JESUS ).

Say lord Jesus am sorry for the sins have committed and today I accept you as the son of God and as my lord and personal savior. Help me to follow you now and for ever more. Amen!!!

God never instructed the Christian to give any tithes to anyone.
I think you don't even understand the difference between Judaism and Christianity.
The questions here are: Who gave your pastor the right to collect tithes?
Is your pastor a levite?
If old things passed away with Christ's death that there's no more peace offering, atonement offering, and all other rituals, why then didn't the issue of tithes pass away too? 😂

1 Like

Re: Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? by Agugbadin: 9:43am On Feb 25
Can someone on this platform explain to me whether it is correct for a pastor in Nigeria to ask members to sponsor a crusade that will be held in London.
Re: Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? by ssogundele(m): 9:43am On Feb 25
Corrections:

Not all of them please!!! I believe majority of them are great givers that give to the poor.

Where do they get those things they are giving to the poor from? From their personal hustle or from the remnants of the loots of tithes and offering? Many are just after the goodies that comes from the congregation. Read that Malachi from chapter 1 to the last chapter and come back with better understanding
Re: Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? by comrChris(m): 9:45am On Feb 25
Before opening the thread, I thought Op was confused about this and needed clarification but I see he's busy arguing with people who are saying things contrary to what he believes.

I see you quoting many scriptures but unknowing to you, you're quoting them out of context to suit your narrative, you're only deceiving yourself.

Tithe is one tenth of your income, what it means is that out of 100k you make for an instance, your tithe is only 10k and you're to bring it to God's storehouse (Church), so the question is what happens to the remaining 90k?. You can still give your parents and help the needy with the remaining 90% if you wish to.

So tithe, offering and giving are different things and have different blessings, so when you give your parents your tithe, you're only deceiving yourself unless in a case where your father has a church, you can pay the tithe there.
Re: Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? by Iamzik: 9:46am On Feb 25
Righthussle:
No, you must give it to your pastor.

Support this with scriptures. Where did the apostles collect Tithes in the Bible?

Those who sold land and houses in the new testament brought into church and the money was used to meet the need of the needy people in church.

Does your pastor distribute offering and tithe to church members after service?
Re: Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? by skuribeebo: 9:51am On Feb 25
It is not necessary ,but we need to donate normal money to church for maintenance, also for pastor to get his /her salary for his/ her service.
Re: Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? by Yankee101: 9:56am On Feb 25
Yeah absolutely

Yoo o u can even y him use it you’ and your family

Deuteronomy 14:22-29

That’s why it’s good to know the Bible yourself and not pack your money and give someone when your parents and hungry. In equal measure you should not neglect the true Levite. But it’s clear love others as yourself, not more than yourself and your family
Re: Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? by Iamzik: 9:56am On Feb 25
MaxInDHouse:

The young man is suggesting that anyone who wants to pay tithes can give it to the needy and still count it as tithe paying when it wasn't deposited in the temple. smiley

You still don't understand that the temple in the new testament is not physical buildings. That brother who is in need is God's temple. True religion is to give to the needy around you.

Why are you so eager to give to God that you cannot see while neglecting the temple of God beside you who you can see?

Many Christians are stuck in the old testament and have refused to move on. At this rate we will soon go back to animal sacrifices!

1 Like

Re: Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? by Orathird: 9:59am On Feb 25
GenFunction:
LOL,like that fake needy dem see for wuse 2 with a huge amount of money,dollar inclusive o.

I have seen so many fake needy. When I was in Lagos, I goto these beggars to help me change money. They will take 10% of any amount I give them.

These are people you dash money. I goto them to help me change money and they will take 10% from the money.
Re: Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? by fetrillion(m): 9:59am On Feb 25
Corrections:

I don't get your point bro you mixing things up here.......I ask again what makes up the congregation? Trees, mansions titles (mr/ Mrs or pastor or reverend) or human beings?

If I may ask, who are the Christians that Jesus Christ heads?
A. Goats B. Ram C. Tree D. Human-beings.

What is your answer? Are the disciples of Christ trees? Are they not human beings?
So, when you keep saying....... congregation!! Congregation!!! Are congregations trees?

Haba.....this is very clear!!

You also ignored all the Bible passages I stated there that clearly buttressed the topic.

I don't really understand you.
Be humble and be teachable. The guy had already answered your question. READ IN BTW and youbwill get your answer.

Godd bless you.
Re: Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? by Shurtman79(m): 10:01am On Feb 25
Why Christian's are so confused undecided to extent they don't know the right things to do grin
Re: Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? by Orathird: 10:01am On Feb 25
ssogundele:

Where do they get those things they are giving to the poor from? From their personal hustle or from the remnants of the loots of tithes and offering? Many are just after the goodies that comes from the congregation. Read that Malachi from chapter 1 to the last chapter and come back with better understanding

There are Pastors that are far rich. There are many that are into business or working in a reputable company. Been a pastor does not mean you will be poor.
Re: Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? by Iamzik: 10:02am On Feb 25
Orathird:

That's why Stephen and others were selected to handle that part. Infact even the apostles themselves made request to Stephen when they are in need. The way and manner that offerings were collected and spent was transparent to all.

Has your pastor ever distributed offering and tithes to church members in need after service?
Re: Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? by Feldie: 10:03am On Feb 25
MaxInDHouse:
According to God you're not to determine what happens to your tithes God said bring it to His house and not to the needy.
So if you don't bring it to His house you're still owing Him the tithe!undecided
na him house abi na your pastor place of work? So if I build small church inside my compound now e don turn God house? Wetin God wan use your Naira do? Someone who supposedly created the universe
Re: Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? by Iamzik: 10:04am On Feb 25
Orathird:

There are Pastors that are far rich. They many that are into business or working in a reputable company. Been a pastor does not mean you will be poor.

Don't be deceived. All the business and investment came from the church and by virtue of being a pastor
Re: Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? by Lomprico2: 10:05am On Feb 25
Dtruthspeaker:

You are the one who is wrong.

Christ Said "give to ceaser what belomgs to ceaset;to God, what belongs to God; to your parents what belongs to your parents."

God does not need nor want your fuckiing money
Re: Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? by gabicon: 10:09am On Feb 25
Corrections:
In Christianity, the importance of tithing can not be ignored. God instructed Christians to bring 10th of their total income to his storehouse or temple.

However, in today's modern world, people no longer give animals or material things as Tithe (not that it is forbidden) but instead all have been monetized.

One may wonder and ask the following questions:

* Why do Christians have to bring their TITHES to God's storehouse or temple?

* What is God's understanding of a store house or temple?

* Can one give his/her TITHE to parents or people if they are in need?

WHY DO CHRISTIANS HAVE to bring their TITHE to God's storehouse/ temple?

Malachi 3:10

New Living Translation
Bring all the tithes into the storehouse so there will be enough food in my Temple. If you do,” says the LORD of Heaven’s Armies, “I will open the windows of heaven for you. I will pour out a blessing so great you won’t have enough room to take it in! Try it! Put me to the test.

Just as it is written in the scripture, we give TITHE so that there will be enough in the temple or store house of God.

WHAT IS GOD'S UNDERSTANDING OF STOREHOUSE/ TEMPLE?

The scripture gives us a clear idea of God's understanding on what a storehouse/ temple is. In the scripture we can classify God's understanding of a storehouse/ temple as the following:

* Store house/ temple view by God as a Physical man made structures.

* Store house/ temple view by God as a human body (that is spirit with a soul)

STOREHOUSE/TEMPLE VIEW BY GOD AS A "PHYSICAL MAN MADE STRUCTURE"

Here God views a temple or storehouse as a structure built by man. It is always physical in nature.

Ezra 1: 3

Any of his people among you may go up to Jerusalem in Judah and build the temple of the LORD, the God of Israel, the God who is in Jerusalem, and may their God be with them.

1Chronicles 28:3
But God said to me, ‘You are not to build a house for my Name, because you are a warrior and have shed blood.’

Here we can clearly see that God is referring a house/temple as a man made structure.

STOREHOUSE/TEMPLE VIEW BY GOD AS A HUMAN BODY (THAT IS SPIRIT WITH A SOUL)

Here, God does not view a storehouse or temple as a physical man made structure but rather he views it as a human body that has a soul and a spirit.

John 4: 21-23

21 “Woman,” Jesus replied, “believe me, a time is coming when you will worship the Father neither on this mountain nor in Jerusalem. 22 You Samaritans worship what you do not know; we worship what we do know, for salvation is from the Jews. 23 Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in the Spirit (the spirit is inside the body) and in truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks.

Here Jesus was trying to tell us that our body will be the temple where God will be worshipped which confirms that God also sees our body as a storehouse/ temple.

Matthew 12:43-45

43 “When an impure spirit comes out of a person, it goes through arid places seeking rest and does not find it. 44 Then it says[b], ‘I will return to the house I left[/b].’ When it arrives, it finds the house unoccupied, swept clean and put in order. 45 Then it goes and takes with it seven other spirits more wicked than itself, and they go in and live there (because they see it just as God sees it as a house too) And the final condition of that person is worse than the first. That is how it will be with this wicked generation.”

Here, Jesus is referring to human's body (that has a spirit and a soul) to be a house where demons could dwell or live. It opens our eye to the fact that God who is a spirit also sees our human physical body as a temple/house.

CAN ONE GIVE HIS/ HER TITHE TO PARENTS OR PEOPLE IF THEY ARE IN NEED?

Now, that we understand how God sees or defines a " storehouse or temple", we can now proceed to answering the question. The following are the 3 reasons why you can give your TITHE to your parents or people if they are in need.

* Jesus says in mark7:11-12

Mark7:11-12
New international Version
11 But you say that if anyone declares that what might have been used to help their father or mother is Corban (that is, devoted to God)— 12 then you no longer let them do anything for their father or mother. 13 Thus you nullify the word of God by your tradition that you have handed down. And you do many things like that.”

Here, Jesus was telling the people how wrong they were when they refused to help their parents with things (including tithe) they had dedicated to give God when they were seriously in need. If your parents are in serious need of money and you could help them with your tithe (because that is what is left to help) but told them "you rather give the money to God as tithe than them", Jesus says you are wrong.

* Your parents/ people are temple or storehouse (spirits that live in body with soul) of God by scriptures.

Corinthians 6:19-20 (ESV),

IMPORTANT NOTE!!!!!

This article is written to let us see from scriptures (bible) view that while it good to take our tithe to physical house of God we should not also condem the fact that humans body is also seen by God as a temple or storehouse in which we can invest our tithe in if they are in need of it after we have given every other things.

Meanwhile,, Jesus is waiting for you because jesus is the messiah the world is waiting so connect with him today! !!!

HOW TO CONNECT WITH JESUS

Your body is the house of God is it clean or dirty? You can make it clean by connecting to Jesus today.

John14:6
Jesus told him ' I am the way-
Yes, and the truth and the life. No one can GET to the father (GOD) except by means of me (JESUS ).

Say lord Jesus am sorry for the sins have committed and today I accept you as the son of God and as my lord and personal savior. Help me to follow you now and for ever more. Amen!!!

Your submission is incorrect, God never instructed Christians to pay tithe. You are mistaking Jewish law with Christianity. The law given to Christian is cheerful generous giving.

I think the biggest issue that has brought about the whole tithe arguement is the inability to understand that the church operates as a spiritual house and an organisation at the same time.

Proponent of the spiritual house refuse every structure to giving and expect God to provide for his church while proponents of church organisation believe that some form of giving structure has to be put in place to ensure planning and smooth running of the church.

Every organisation requires some form of fixed income or cash flow to run seamlessly, what the church has done is to incorporate a system that worked for the Jewish community to help the church run smoothly. If you commit to be a part of this system, you can't in anyway give your tithe to another cause because the church is depending on it to get things done. Give the church what you have commited to giving it and your parents what you have commited to giving them.

TITHEING is not by force! The biggest gift God has given mankind is salvation and it is far greater than tithe, that same salvation is not by force it is a choice so is tithe. However, God loves a cheerful giver, and we are encouraged to give to all especially to those of the household of faith which is the church.
Re: Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? by Iamzik: 10:10am On Feb 25
comrChris:
Before opening the thread, I thought Op was confused about this and needed clarification but I see he's busy arguing with people who are saying things contrary to what he believes.

I see you quoting many scriptures but unknowing to you, you're quoting them out of context to suit your narrative, you're only deceiving yourself.

Tithe is one tenth of your income, what it means is that out of 100k you make for an instance, your tithe is only 10k and you're to bring it to God's storehouse (Church), so the question is what happens to the remaining 90k?. You can still give your parents and help the needy with the remaining 90% if you wish to.

So tithe, offering and giving are different things and have different blessings, so when you give your parents your tithe, you're only deceiving yourself unless in a case where your father has a church, you can pay the tithe there.

You started on a wrong premise altogether.

The real question is whether the legalistic 10% tithing is still relevant in the new testament.

The answer is no. There is no mention of percentage anywhere in the new testament. Giving is voluntary and not by compulsion or matter of fulfilling any law.
Re: Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? by Urgent1Million: 10:13am On Feb 25
GenFunction:
...Im nt here to advertise any Man of God but genuine ones dey,enuf to count sef...so make pastor no get school or be succesful because hes a pastor?This ur angle go bring premium dragging,this i have seen.
No one is saying a pastor should not be successful. If he's successful before becoming a pastor, great. It means he has a source of income and an inheritance.
Even if tithing is a requirement in Christianity, which is not, anyone who has a source of income has no business collecting tithes. I'm not going to include any bible reference because everyone already knows that tithes were instituted to be collected by the Levites who had no inheritance so they can take care of their needs.
So why would a pastor gather people, collect their money, establish schools and hospitals that those members cannot even afford, and keep on collecting their money with threats of robbing God blah blah blah!!
Isn't that daylight robbery?
Re: Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? by valentineuwakwe(m): 10:14am On Feb 25
Dats what i do monthly.....
I identify those in dare needs and hand them my "brown envelop"
Re: Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? by WINDSOW(m): 10:15am On Feb 25
The instruction is bring your tithes into the storehouse that there might be meat in my house. Malachi 3:10.

I advise you use the remaining for charity or probably from your savings. Mind you, whatever usage the Church uses the tithes for is btw him n God.
Re: Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:19am On Feb 25
Feldie:
na him house abi na your pastor place of work? So if I build small church inside my compound now e don turn God house? Wetin God wan use your Naira do? Someone who supposedly created the universe
Tithe has nothing to do with church setting we are talking about what God commanded the Israelites in the Old Testament which has nothing to do with Christianity!
Re: Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? by Orathird: 10:25am On Feb 25
Iamzik:

That's why Stephen and others were selected to handle that part. Infact even the apostles themselves made request to Stephen when they are in need. The way and manner that offerings were collected and spent was transparent to all.

Has your pastor ever distributed offering and tithes to church members in need after service?

Thank you for asking about my pastor.

He is very rich. My church is a small one. I am very close to the church and I have seen my pastor share his personal resources to church members.

I have seen him credit many members account with his personal money. I have seen him distribute food items from his personal account.

I have a travel agency business and my pastor is my major customer. He buys flight tickets from me and refer people to me too. If I book for him, he does not say God bless you, He pays.

He is making Enquiry about one member school fee.

I can go on and on to tell you all he is doing for the church from his personal money.

I have seen him spend his own money. He has his own personal business and he is doing marvelously well.
Re: Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? by naija4life247: 10:28am On Feb 25
MaxInDHouse:
According to God you're not to determine what happens to your tithes God said bring it to His house and not to the needy.
So if you don't bring it to His house you're still owing Him the tithe!undecided

Watch out, make Ogun no kee you very soon.
Re: Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? by Procashtips(m): 10:29am On Feb 25
To be entitled to tithe as a priest, you must be:

(1) From the tribe of Levi
(2) Must be a complete Levite
(3) Must live in the temple (Church premise)
(4) Must not involve in any other profession
(5) Must not earn income from other sources
(6) Must not own any property as a individual

Is there any pastor, priest, Apostle, Bishop, Evangelist, Prophet in Nigeria that can pass the conditions above?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

COZA Port Harcourt OutReach Programme To The Less Privileged (Pictures) / Christianity Fast Facts: 8 Things Christians Believe In / Private Christian Universities: Faith In Deception?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.