Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,704 members, 7,851,400 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 06:35 PM

Atheists Debate Religionists * - Religion (29) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheists Debate Religionists * (8957 Views)

Einstein On Freewill; Atheists & Religionists Respond * / Can you prove that your God is the real God? - A challenge to all religionists / You Non-religionists, What reasons have You for Forfeiting Religion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (36) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by budaatum: 3:30pm On Mar 20
PoliteActivist:

My people when I say Dr. Reed is not all there, there is a reason for it.
Please study the postings below and decide for yourself if someone who's OK and has been on this thread from the beginning (like he has), will still ask this question!

No one with a brain will study only what you've posted.

What they'd do is read the entire thread and conclude it's pointless trying to converse with you who is not certain you yourself exist and claims to know nothing since it's like discussing with a flatearther.
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by PoliteActivist: 6:53pm On Mar 20
budaatum:

No one with a brain will study only what you've posted.

What they'd do is read the entire thread and conclude it's pointless trying to converse with you who is not certain you yourself exist and claims to know nothing since it's like discussing with a flatearther.

I got better things to do than debate people who won't acknowledge reality.
REALITY is that you have NO WAY of being SURE anything exists outside you. And "you" consists entirely of thoughts and memories. And since we are NOT SURE the true nature of thoughts and memories, their existence doesn't necessarily mean you exist!
This ought be obvious even to people who are not too smart, like our buddies LordReed and Francistown😆
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by budaatum: 6:59pm On Mar 20
PoliteActivist:

REALITY is that you have NO WAY of being SURE anything exists outside you. And "you" consists entirely of thoughts and memories. And since we are NOT SURE the true nature of thoughts and memories, their existence doesn't necessarily mean you exist!

The food you ate today did not exist outside you before you put it inside your mouth because neither you nor your mouth actually exist.

My Lord, I blame you for repeatedly entertaining this non-existing individual.
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by PoliteActivist: 7:18pm On Mar 20
budaatum:

The food you ate today did not exist outside you before you put it inside your mouth because neither you nor your mouth actually exist.

The whole process occurred IN THOUGHTS (I don't want to say "in your brain" because I know you'd then ask dumb questions). ANYTHING you can do in "real life" you can also do in a dream or a matrix!
You ought really know this as a matter of course!
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by LordReed(m): 7:44pm On Mar 20
PoliteActivist:

This ought be obvious even to people who are not too smart, like our buddies LordReed and Francistown😆

Look at this Elon Musk fanboi talking about being smart. Bwahahahahahaha!

I don't Bleep with hard solipsism, if that's your jam good for you. What I know is here and now I have tools to investigate the universe around me with a high degree of confidence.
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by LordReed(m): 7:46pm On Mar 20
PoliteActivist:

The whole process occurred IN THOUGHTS (I don't want to say "in your brain" because I know you'd then ask dumb questions). ANYTHING you can do in "real life" you can also do in a dream or a matrix!

Except the reverse is not the case (Not that it is even true that you can do everything from real life in a dream). Not everything you can do in a dream can be done in real life which even Elon Musk fanbois like you can appreciate delineates reality from dreams.
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by HellVictorinho6(m): 8:45pm On Mar 20
PoliteActivist:

Except sending murny

Mtchew
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by budaatum: 11:38pm On Mar 20
PoliteActivist:

The whole process occurred IN THOUGHTS ......

The food you ate was in your thought, and no on a plate and put into your mouth?

Trust me when I say am delighted i that HellVictorinho6 is bothering to engage with you.
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by LordReed(m): 12:46am On Mar 21
budaatum:

Yes, my dear buda, even if they think they don't exist we know they do. Let's bitchslap their brain a bit more.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by PoliteActivist: 7:35am On Mar 21
budaatum:
The food you ate was in your thought, and no on a plate and put into your mouth?

Trust me when I say am delighted i that HellVictorinho6 is bothering to engage with you.

LordReed:
Except the reverse is not the case (Not that it is even true that you can do everything from real life in a dream). Not everything you can do in a dream can be done in real life which even Elon Musk fanbois like you can appreciate delineates reality from dreams.

I give up. I don't know why something so simple is hard for u folks to grasp. I'll let the experts below explain it to you

Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by PoliteActivist: 7:47am On Mar 21
LordReed:

Look at this Elon Musk fanboi talking about being smart. Bwahahahahahaha!

I don't Bleep with hard solipsism, if that's your jam good for you. What I know is here and now I have tools to investigate the universe around me with a high degree of confidence.

You don't have to bleep with anything. It is just something you have at the back of your mind while you "investigate the universe around me" - you don't know what this reality really is (example, you don't know what is water, or why) and you don't know if any of it actually physically exists!
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by HellVictorinho6(m): 9:14am On Mar 21
PoliteActivist:

I give up. I don't know why something so simple is hard for u folks to grasp. I'll let the experts below explain it to you

They dont see you as someone that understands whatever they mean too
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by LordReed(m): 9:17am On Mar 21
PoliteActivist:

Always runs to authority once stumped. LoLz. Pitiful.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by LordReed(m): 9:19am On Mar 21
PoliteActivist:

You don't have to bleep with anything. It is just something you have at the back of your mind while you "investigate the universe around me" - you don't know what this reality really is (example, you don't know what is water, or why) and you don't know if any of it actually physically exists!

Nope, sorry not sorry, it has no place in my mind, I leave such to Musk fanbois who love chasing their own tails. LoLz.
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by PoliteActivist: 9:56am On Mar 21
LordReed:

Always runs to authority once stumped. LoLz. Pitiful.

Since you don't want to listen to your own common sense, what choice do I have? Something so obvious but you refuse to grasp it. It is not whether you like it or want to bleep with it - it is just a FACT of our reality!
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by PoliteActivist: 9:59am On Mar 21
HellVictorinho6:

They dont see you as someone that understands whatever they mean too

Irrelevant what they see me as. Simply acknowledge the fact you don't know what this reality really is, neither do you know if it actually exists physically!
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by LordReed(m): 10:06am On Mar 21
PoliteActivist:

Since you don't want to listen to your own common sense, what choice do I have? Something so obvious but you refuse to grasp it. It is not whether you like it or want to bleep with it - it is just a FACT of our reality!

The fact is stupid people like you always want to feel you have secret knowledge so you deny what is clearly evident in favor of stupid tales you tell yourself. If you want to believe you live in a lalaland that's your prerogative, you don't get to tell the rest of us that the twinges, aches and pains we feel are not real.

It's just so funny how people like you and other religious people switch to solipsism once the facts slap you in the face. Must be some kind of defense mechanism.
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by HellVictorinho6(m): 10:08am On Mar 21
PoliteActivist:

Irrelevant what they see me as. Simply acknowledge the fact you don't know what this reality really is, neither do you know if it actually exists physically!

The way u see them is also irrelevant to them cry
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by HellVictorinho6(m): 10:10am On Mar 21
PoliteActivist:

Which reality again nah?
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by budaatum: 12:36pm On Mar 21
PoliteActivist:

You don't understand your so called experts.

The first line in your post says "it is a reasonable assumption that we do exist".

Or should we assume that you that doesn't exist would not feel pain nor be annoyed if I kick your ass that doesn't exist and slap your face that doesn't exist or just call you that doesn't exist dumb?
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by budaatum: 10:57pm On Mar 21
LordReed:

Yes, my dear buda, even if they think they don't exist we know they do. Let's bitchslap their brain a bit more.

His senses must so not exist that he that doesn't exist can not feel his pain.

He reminds me.
https://www.nairaland.com/5133617/beans-not-beans#77534517
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by PoliteActivist: 11:10pm On Mar 21
LordReed:

The fact is stupid people like you always want to feel you have secret knowledge so you deny what is clearly evident in favor of stupid tales you tell yourself. If you want to believe you live in a lalaland that's your prerogative, you don't get to tell the rest of us that the twinges, aches and pains we feel are not real.

It's just so funny how people like you and other religious people switch to solipsism once the facts slap you in the face. Must be some kind of defense mechanism.

See you and your stupid assumptions. What makes me religious? Saying something Descartes said centuries ago?? What do you think is the context of Cogito ergo sum?
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by PoliteActivist: 11:17pm On Mar 21
budaatum:
You don't understand your so called experts.

The first line in your post says "it is a reasonable assumption that we do exist".

Or should we assume that you that doesn't exist would not feel pain nor be annoyed if I kick your ass that doesn't exist and slap your face that doesn't exist or just call you that doesn't exist dumb?

BUT I TOLD YOU THAT!!! Told you it is highly probable reality is approximately as we experience it. BUT we have no way of being sure!
What do you think is the context of Cogito ergo sum??
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by PoliteActivist: 11:28pm On Mar 21
LordReed:

Who is "they"?? Budaatum please help me explain to him that the LAST THING a religious person would agree to is that it is possible reality does not exist EXACTLY as he experiences it!
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by PoliteActivist: 11:40pm On Mar 21
budaatum:

He reminds me.

Is pain you?? Define you
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by PoliteActivist: 11:57pm On Mar 21
budaatum:

He reminds me.

😂😅Lewis Carroll is craaazy!

Words do not mean certain things because of the way in which they are used; words are used because they mean certain things. Any new or ‘invented’ term must be defined by pre-existing and meaningful terms.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by budaatum: 11:59pm On Mar 21
PoliteActivist:

BUT I TOLD YOU THAT!!! Told you it is highly probable reality is approximately as we experience it.

You, told me that, lol. Guess that might be true if your postulate of you knowing nothing were not true in the first place, but since you claim you know nothing, can you see how hard it might he to be told anything by you?

For your information, reality is reality, whether it is experienced or not. A real tree falls in the real forest whether anyone experiences it or not. And a person's experience of a particular reality does not necessarily "highly probable reality is approximately as we experience it".

And what a nonsense sentence too!

Everyone has heard of the experience of those who grabbed parts of an elephant. And there's lots of record of our experience being so wrong it approximates to lies. There's even you here experiencing buda yet claiming you don't exist to experience!

People experience ghosts and demons. Do their "highly probable reality is approximately as we experience it" too?

PoliteActivist:

What do you think is the context of Cogito ergo sum??
He thinks therefore he is, in it's basic form.

So tell me. Is all you write the product of your thought or not and therefore evidence of your non-existence?

And I do ask despite my, "you exist, therefore you think", since there'd be no you to respond if you don't exist.

PoliteActivist:

BUT we have no way of being sure!
This, here, is my fundamental disagreement with you who would then say "highly probable reality is approximately as we experience it". It's like you just like jumbling words together without considering what you might mean.

If you are not sure, how can your experience highly anyhow be reality if you have not bothered to train your senses to better know whether you exist or not?
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by budaatum: 12:01am On Mar 22
PoliteActivist:

😂😅Lewis Carroll is craaazy!

Words do not mean certain things because of the way in which they are used; words are used because they mean certain things. Any new or ‘invented’ term must be defined by pre-existing and meaningful terms.

I'm glad you agree.

Now apply it to you and exist, if both words mean what they mean, or define them if they don't.
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by budaatum: 12:06am On Mar 22
PoliteActivist:

Is pain you??
Did I say it was?

PoliteActivist:
Define you

You are the entity that registered on Nairaland on June 15, 2019, thereby coming into existence as PoliteActivist.
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by PoliteActivist: 2:32am On Mar 22
budaatum:

You, told me that, lol. Guess that might be true if your postulate of you knowing nothing were not true in the first place, but since you claim you know nothing, can you see how hard it might he to be told anything by you?

For your information, reality is reality, whether it is experienced or not. A real tree falls in the real forest whether anyone experiences it or not. And a person's experience of a particular reality does not necessarily "highly probable reality is approximately as we experience it".

And what a nonsense sentence too!

Everyone has heard of the experience of those who grabbed parts of an elephant. And there's lots of record of our experience being so wrong it approximates to lies. There's even you here experiencing buda yet claiming you don't exist to experience!

People experience ghosts and demons. Do their "highly probable reality is approximately as we experience it" too?

He thinks therefore he is, in it's basic form.

So tell me. Is all you write the product of your thought or not and therefore evidence of your non-existence?

And I do ask despite my, "you exist, therefore you think", since there'd be no you to respond if you don't exist.

This, here, is my fundamental disagreement with you who would then say "highly probable reality is approximately as we experience it". It's like you just like jumbling words together without considering what you might mean.

If you are not sure, how can your experience highly anyhow be reality if you have not bothered to train your senses to better know whether you exist or not?

Do you agree that ALL we are SURE exist are thoughts and that we don't know the true nature of thoughts?
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by PoliteActivist: 2:40am On Mar 22
budaatum:

Did I say it was?

You are the entity that registered on Nairaland on June 15, 2019, thereby coming into existence as PoliteActivist.

And how are you sure that actually happened? I think it's time I trot out my Last Thursdayism again (see below)
Do you agree that all we are SURE exist are thoughts and that we don't know the true nature of thoughts?

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (36) (Reply)

Synagogue Building Was Attacked By US - Russian Intelligence / 8 Important Ways To Grow In Faith As Christians / Should Pastors And Their Family Members Tithe?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.