Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,764 members, 7,851,611 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 12:41 AM

Atheists Debate Religionists * - Religion (30) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheists Debate Religionists * (9022 Views)

Einstein On Freewill; Atheists & Religionists Respond * / Can you prove that your God is the real God? - A challenge to all religionists / You Non-religionists, What reasons have You for Forfeiting Religion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (36) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by PoliteActivist: 2:45am On Mar 22
HellVictorinho6:

The way u see them is also irrelevant to them cry

How do you know?
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by PoliteActivist: 2:46am On Mar 22
HellVictorinho6:

Which reality again nah?

The reality you think you are experiencing
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by LordReed(m): 3:13am On Mar 22
PoliteActivist:

See you and your stupid assumptions. What makes me religious? Saying something Descartes said centuries ago?? What do you think is the context of Cogito ergo sum?

Dumdum I didn't call you religious. Also dumdum Decartes was not a solipsist.
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by LordReed(m): 3:14am On Mar 22
PoliteActivist:

Who is "they"?? Budaatum please help me explain to him that the LAST THING a religious person would agree to is that it is possible reality does not exist EXACTLY as he experiences it!

They is you.

BTW if I took the time I am sure I can find several examples of religious people on NL casting aspersions on reality just to avoid uncomfortable facts.
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by budaatum: 5:26am On Mar 22
PoliteActivist:

And how are you sure that actually happened?
My being sure is not a concern of actual reality provided it actually happened.

An example is the certain fact that the sun rose yesterday and will rise tomorrow even one die before dawn and can never know.

PoliteActivist:

Do you agree that all we are SURE exist are thoughts and that we don't know the true nature of thoughts?
No, I do not agree that all that exists are thoughts.

And I'm not currently interested in discussing the nature of thoughts with you because you don't seem to be aware that the thoughts you may be thinking can only exist because you exist to think them, and that is likely because you don't know you are thinking your own thoughts.
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by budaatum: 5:29am On Mar 22
PoliteActivist:

Do you agree that ALL we are SURE exist are thoughts and that we don't know the true nature of thoughts?

Did you notice how many questions I asked you and that you ignored?

That's what a person who has no regard for the existence of others do. They rudely ignore others' existence.
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by HellVictorinho6(m): 5:58am On Mar 22
PoliteActivist:

The reality you think you are experiencing

Are u not refusing to send murny?
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by PoliteActivist: 11:10am On Mar 22
budaatum:
Did you notice how many questions I asked you and that you ignored?

That's what a person who has no regard for the existence of others do. They rudely ignore others' existence.

I was just in a rush. I'd go see what the questions are and answer them
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by PoliteActivist: 11:20am On Mar 22
budaatum:

My being sure is not a concern of actual reality provided it actually happened.

An example is the certain fact that the sun rose yesterday and will rise tomorrow even one die before dawn and can never know.

No, I do not agree that all that exists are thoughts.

And I'm not currently interested in discussing the nature of thoughts with you because you don't seem to be aware that the thoughts you may be thinking can only exist because you exist to think them, and that is likely because you don't know you are thinking your own thoughts.

Why do you keep intentionally omitting the word SURE? SURE!!!!!!

I refer you to LAST THURSDAYISM again (below).
EVERYTHING can be made to appear to be there or appear to have happened when it never did, except the thoughts themselves.
Who is thinking when a possessed person is thinking. Who is thinking when people who died and came back said they were thinking while dead.
Bottom line: WE ARE NOT SURE THE NATURE OF THOUGHTS!!

Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by HellVictorinho6(m): 11:36am On Mar 22
PoliteActivist:

How do you know?

Since u call theirs irrelevant
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by HellVictorinho6(m): 11:38am On Mar 22
PoliteActivist:

Why do you keep intentionally omitting the word SURE? SURE!!!!!!

I refer you to LAST THURSDAYISM again (below).
EVERYTHING can be made to appear to be there or appear to ahave happened when it never did, except the thoughts themselves.
Who is thinking when a possessed person is thinking. Who is thinking when people who died and came back said they were thinking while dead.

The nature is you refusing to send murny
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by budaatum: 12:23pm On Mar 22
PoliteActivist:

Speak for yourself please.

You are not sure of the nature of your thoughts, or even if you exist to think thoughts, it seems.

1 Like

Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by PoliteActivist: 2:31pm On Mar 22
budaatum:

Speak for yourself please.

You are not sure of the nature of your thoughts, or even if you exist to think thoughts, it seems.

As I've told you, it is very likely things are as we experience them. For us too have a conversation I have to assume certainty that you exist - ignoring the small possibility that you exist only in my head! Just as Einstein believed everything is predetermined but had to pretend it is not in other to functsociety society.
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by PoliteActivist: 2:40pm On Mar 22
LordReed:

Except the reverse is not the case (Not that it is even true that you can do everything from real life in a dream). Not everything you can do in a dream can be done in real life which even Elon Musk fanbois like you can appreciate delineates reality from dreams.

See Last Thursdayism above. EVERYTHING can be faked except the thoughts themselves
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by budaatum: 2:45pm On Mar 22
PoliteActivist:

As I've told you, it is very likely things are as we experience them. For us too have a conversation I have to assume certainty that you exist - ignoring the small possibility that you exist only in my head! Just as Einstein believed everything is predetermined but had to pretend it is not in other to functsociety society.

So, you assume certainty that I might exist, but you doubt that you yourself exist, or that you might only exist in your head that might not exist?

I wonder if it's predetermined that you will tie yourself in knots.
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by budaatum: 2:46pm On Mar 22
PoliteActivist:

See Last Thursdayism above. EVERYTHING can be faked except the thoughts themselves

What you mean is you can easily be deceived!
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by PoliteActivist: 2:52pm On Mar 22
LordReed:

They is you.

BTW if I took the time I am sure I can find several examples of religious people on NL casting aspersions on reality just to avoid uncomfortable facts.

How can a religious person believe that our senses were based on lies - that they were intentionally created to deceive us?? Answer that
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by PoliteActivist: 2:55pm On Mar 22
budaatum:

So, you assume certainty that I might exist, but you doubt that you yourself exist, or that you might only exist in your head that might not exist?

I wonder if it's predetermined that you will tie yourself in knots.

of course I assume even more certainty that I exist because there are CERTAINLY thoughts and I assume I'm the one thinking them - in reality I don't know where they come from
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by PoliteActivist: 3:01pm On Mar 22
budaatum:

What you mean is you can easily be deceived!

Our senses are that way - they can totally fool us
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by PoliteActivist: 3:12pm On Mar 22
LordReed:

Dumdum I didn't call you religious. Also dumdum Decartes was not a solipsist.

See the circled below.
Yet another QED

As for Descartes, he started out by doubting EVERYTHING he could possibly doubt (what do you call that?), and realized one thing he couldn't doubt was that he was thinking.
He also convinced himself that God exists (see below)

Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by budaatum: 3:37pm On Mar 22
PoliteActivist:

Our senses are that way - they can totally fool us

Your senses can totally fool you, you mean, while many are smart enough to question what they perceive with their senses so as not to so easily be fooled.

It's like you trying to fool yourself here that you don't exist because you are not sure that you exist, while we are smart enough to know that an entity exists that registered on this site and calls itself PoliteActivist and has been posting in this thread.
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by budaatum: 3:40pm On Mar 22
PoliteActivist:

As for Descartes, he started out by doubting EVERYTHING ......

Wrong! He did not seem to have doubted that an "I" existed that thought, and literally put his cart before his horse.

Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by LordReed(m): 3:50pm On Mar 22
PoliteActivist:

See the circled below.
Yet another QED

As for Descartes, he started out by doubting EVERYTHING he could possibly doubt (what do you call that?), and realized one thing he couldn't doubt was that he was thinking.
He also convinced himself that God exists (see below)

Dumdum people like you is a different class from religious people.

Still Descartes WAS NOT A SOLIPSIST.
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by PoliteActivist: 3:56pm On Mar 22
budaatum:

Your senses can totally fool you, you mean, while many are smart enough to question what they perceive with their senses so as not to so easily be fooled.

It's like you trying to fool yourself here that you don't exist because you are not sure that you exist, while we are smart enough to know that an entity exists that registered on this site and calls itself PoliteActivist and has been posting in this thread.

I'm really surprised you can't grasp this simple concept: something needn't actually happen for you to perceive it happened! In The Matrix thoughts were fed to a person hooked to a machine and he was living a full life - but in reality he was hooked to a machine, non of it was actually happening
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by PoliteActivist: 4:01pm On Mar 22
LordReed:

Dumdum people like you is a different class from religious people.

Still Descartes WAS NOT A SOLIPSIST.

You don't know the meaning of solipsist. It does not mean what you think it does. Look it up
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by LordReed(m): 4:49pm On Mar 22
PoliteActivist:

You don't know the meaning of solipsist. It does not mean what you think it does. Look it up

It's you who doesn't know what it means. While you look it up also look up hard solipsism.
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by LordReed(m): 4:52pm On Mar 22
PoliteActivist:

Again if you want to believe live in a lalaland that's your prerogative, I am not interested.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by LordReed(m): 4:53pm On Mar 22
PoliteActivist:

How can a religious person believe that our senses were based on lies - that they were intentionally created to deceive us?? Answer that

Why would ask me? Ask the religious person who does that.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by budaatum: 6:32pm On Mar 22
PoliteActivist:

I'm really surprised you can't grasp this simple concept: something needn't actually happen for you to perceive it happened!
I think it is English that is your problem.

If one claims to be perceiving something that is not actually happening, would you not say that person is stupid and tripping and maybe high on bad weed or just plain lying?

if I perceive, as in register with my own senses something actually happening, then something must actually be happening for me to perceive it.

For example, if I perceive, as in register with my senses, a boxing match where an ant is beating Anthony Joshua, then that ant must actually be beating Anthony Joshua for me to be perceiving it.

Now, that doesn't mean that anything you claim you perceive actually happened, because you have admitted that you don't know how to use your senses and you just might be lying or tripping, while I don't create imaginary crap in my own head and claim I perceived it when I couldn't possibly have perceived it.

PoliteActivist:
In The Matrix thoughts were fed to a person hooked to a machine and he was living a full life - but in reality he was hooked to a machine, non of it was actually happening
Some people watch Tom and Jerry and claim rats talk too, but Tom and Jerry and Matrix is not actual reality the last time I checked.
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by PoliteActivist: 7:30pm On Mar 22
LordReed:

It's you who doesn't know what it means. While you look it up also look up hard solipsism.

See below.
QED once again. This is becoming too easy

Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by PoliteActivist: 7:33pm On Mar 22
LordReed:

Again if you want to believe live in a lalaland that's your prerogative, I am not interested.

Just admit you have no way of knowing what is truly there. That's all
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by PoliteActivist: 7:37pm On Mar 22
budaatum:

I think it is English that is your problem.

If one claims to be perceiving something that is not actually happening, would you not say that person is stupid and tripping and maybe high on bad weed or just plain lying?

if I perceive, as in register with my own senses something actually happening, then something must actually be happening for me to perceive it.

For example, if I perceive, as in register with my senses, a boxing match where an ant is beating Anthony Joshua, then that ant must actually be beating Anthony Joshua for me to be perceiving it.

Now, that doesn't mean that anything you claim you perceive actually happened, because you have admitted that you don't know how to use your senses and you just might be lying or tripping, while I don't create imaginary crap in my own head and claim I perceived it when I couldn't possibly have perceived it.

Some people watch Tom and Jerry and claim rats talk too, but Tom and Jerry and Matrix is not actual reality the last time I checked.

Wow! This is becoming rather childish. You are the only adult I know who doesn't know your senses can EASILY deceive you. What do you think make magic tricks possible??

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (36) (Reply)

The Secret Of Christianity--- Part One- Just Like Sports Betting. / Why Did You Choose To Be An Athiest? / The Difference Between Hell And Hell Fire.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.