Stats: 3,156,220 members, 7,829,365 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:12 AM

If U Have One Question To Ask God, Wat Will It Be? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If U Have One Question To Ask God, Wat Will It Be? (7825 Views)

If You Meet God And He Allowed You To Ask Him One Question, What Would It Be? / What Do You Ask God For Before Sleeping? / The First Question You Will Ask God In Heaven? (2) (3) (4)

Re: If U Have One Question To Ask God, Wat Will It Be? by drkchoclit(f): 2:59am On Sep 20, 2007
I would ask God also what the future hold for me, but also

1. Will I be as successful as I hope to be?

2. Why did I endure the trials and suffering that I did from the people closest to me? cry

3. Is he pleased with my heart and spirit? smiley

4. Will I live to see old age?

5. Will I have a family of my own?

6. What was/is my great purpose in life?
Re: If U Have One Question To Ask God, Wat Will It Be? by Kobojunkie: 3:58am On Sep 20, 2007
Nice Questions, almost made me turn on the water works reading them ,

Kobojunkie embarassed
Re: If U Have One Question To Ask God, Wat Will It Be? by Kobojunkie: 4:01am On Sep 20, 2007
To answer your Question about poverty in Africa, Africa remains the richest Continent on the planet when it comes to resources, the reason why there is poverty there is cause people live selfish lives more than they do selfless lives.

Kobojunkie
Re: If U Have One Question To Ask God, Wat Will It Be? by question(m): 5:02am On Sep 20, 2007
All the questions for God are answered in the bible.
Re: If U Have One Question To Ask God, Wat Will It Be? by question(m): 5:06am On Sep 20, 2007
Who says there is no GOD?

Psalm 53.1
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Corrupt are they, and have done abominable iniquity: there is none that doeth good.
Re: If U Have One Question To Ask God, Wat Will It Be? by Nobody: 6:35am On Sep 20, 2007
Kobojunkie:

Well, it is ok to laugh your head off, but in my world, when people start playing the YOU ARE JUDGING ME card, that is wHINING , @Sienna,

You did INsult their God, even if you do not believe in him, That is nobodies headache, just you not showing some respect for their belief and going on and on about him being this and that , I can read and I am sure you can, Just cause you do not believe in God does not mean you can not out of respect for those who do let it be @Sienna,

I spent years around people who think as you do there and I know many who respect God's they do not believe in or understand, so please do not think that cause you do not believe means you can insult and claim it is not you insulting @Sienna

grow up please, or leave the thread to those who actually believe in God and have a Question to post @Sienna

KoboJunkie

Only a worried person "whines". As for growing up, even if I lived to be a hundred years old, my opinion will remain the same, as far as belief goes.
Re: If U Have One Question To Ask God, Wat Will It Be? by MP007(m): 7:45am On Sep 20, 2007
When are u coming back ooh God?
Re: If U Have One Question To Ask God, Wat Will It Be? by honeric01(m): 8:16am On Sep 20, 2007
uhm, make God allow me see my future, live in my future, make all the money i want to make in my future, arrange everything and then come back to the present to sleep and have fun all day long grin
Re: If U Have One Question To Ask God, Wat Will It Be? by mellow(m): 8:42am On Sep 20, 2007
My guestion is: Why did God give people mouth to ask him useless guestions?[/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][color=#990000][/color]
Re: If U Have One Question To Ask God, Wat Will It Be? by niceuzor: 8:54am On Sep 20, 2007
Seun shocked Do we have to Question Almight God? lipsrsealed

. . . . .Tell US
Re: If U Have One Question To Ask God, Wat Will It Be? by MRD1(m): 9:46am On Sep 20, 2007
@topic None, can't question God
Re: If U Have One Question To Ask God, Wat Will It Be? by niceuzor: 9:48am On Sep 20, 2007
- Good abeg tell them? sad
Re: If U Have One Question To Ask God, Wat Will It Be? by oscarmeca: 10:33am On Sep 20, 2007
@Siena.

Think you have been misunderstood. The only difference btw u and i is that i believe in God but not in the bible, the church and all that. I'm an agnostic. But what i can't stand above all is when people try to convert u at all cost. But i respect believers. I don't think you should get worked up over this even if you position seems to disturb some people. I understand what you mean.

@poster
If i had the opportunity, i'd ask God:
tea or coffee?
Then
Can you tell me about yourself?
Re: If U Have One Question To Ask God, Wat Will It Be? by atilla(m): 10:41am On Sep 20, 2007
I would ask why he made people different races, why he made some rich some poor from birth,

i would ask why some people get sick others have good health, i would ask him how he created the earth! I think thats all.
Re: If U Have One Question To Ask God, Wat Will It Be? by RiffRaff: 11:18am On Sep 20, 2007
i will ask him what he was thinking when he created dick and pussy. grin
Re: If U Have One Question To Ask God, Wat Will It Be? by Kobojunkie: 1:34pm On Sep 20, 2007
Siena:

Only a worried person "whines". As for growing up, even if I lived to be a hundred years old, my opinion will remain the same, as far as belief goes.

Hence the reason why I said you should grow up. An opinion is one thing every one has but not all opinions are mature. I am sure you can claim not to be worried but again I stress , when a person plays the THEY ARE JUDGING ME card, it is called WHINING , look up the word in the dictionary better yet ,

whine (hwn, wn), v. whined, whin·ing, whines , 3. A complaint uttered in a plaintive tone.

get it now?? And in more cases than one, persons who complain of being judged are usually the ones who judge the most. Go back and read your own posts. Your own words seem to betray you sienna. and like I said earlier, this thread is for those who believe there is one since it is a request for questions to a being whose existence is not in question. Read the initial post yourself.

Kobojunkie
Re: If U Have One Question To Ask God, Wat Will It Be? by Bosdem(f): 3:30pm On Sep 20, 2007
Why is it that some people have in abundance and some dont even have any?
Re: If U Have One Question To Ask God, Wat Will It Be? by Bosdem(f): 3:35pm On Sep 20, 2007
Why do some people have in abundance, and some lack
Re: If U Have One Question To Ask God, Wat Will It Be? by exabyte(m): 3:58pm On Sep 20, 2007
I will ask God How greate thou art
Re: If U Have One Question To Ask God, Wat Will It Be? by Nobody: 4:17pm On Sep 20, 2007
Kobojunkie:

Hence the reason why I said you should grow up. An opinion is one thing every one has but not all opinions are mature. I am sure you can claim not to be worried but again I stress , when a person plays the THEY ARE JUDGING ME card, it is called WHINING , look up the word in the dictionary better yet ,

whine (hwn, wn), v. whined, whin·ing, whines , 3. A complaint uttered in a plaintive tone.

get it now?? And in more cases than one, persons who complain of being judged are usually the ones who judge the most. Go back and read your own posts. Your own words seem to betray you sienna. and like I said earlier, this thread is for those who believe there is one since it is a request for questions to a being whose existence is not in question. Read the initial post yourself.

Kobojunkie

Kobojunkie, I don't need to consult any dictionary. You're missing the point entirely.

So, perhaps I shouldn't have said god sucks (sorry god smiley). But, I still don't believe in him.

There is a difference between religious, and fanatic. I'd say you're bordering on fanatic, but I may be wrong. undecided

A lot of religious folk who believe in god, still went ahead and went for science subjects, as opposed to religion / history. Now, religion and science do NOT agree, they are as about as far apart as any 2 subjects could ever be. So, those religious folk who believe in god, how come they majored in science? Science says one thing, and religion says something completely different! undecided

If I was a religious type, I would NOT study / major in any science subjects, especially those sciences that intertwine with history, about how man came about. I wouldn't even have a GP, as I'd entrust any illness that befell me to the hands of god. I'd also save a fortune in medical fees too. cool

How many religious folk choose NOT to have a GP / doctor, but entrust the health of their families to god? I'd say not many.

Again, if they choose to pray for healing, rather than take their sick children / wives / husbands / siblings etc to hospital, then good for them. I've got no issues with them, that's their choice.

Religion is a funny thing - it's either 100%, or not at all. You can't choose what sins you're prepared to commit, otherwise there's no point in your belief. A lot of members who've professed how religious they are, are the same folk who express their tribalist / racist views in various sections of this forum.

Still, that's life.
Re: If U Have One Question To Ask God, Wat Will It Be? by Kobojunkie: 4:43pm On Sep 20, 2007
Siena:

Kobojunkie, I don't need to consult any dictionary. You're missing the point entirely.

So, perhaps I shouldn't have said god sucks (sorry god smiley). But, I still don't believe in him.

There is a difference between religious, and fanatic. I'd say you're bordering on fanatic, but I may be wrong. undecided

A lot of religious folk who believe in god, still went ahead and went for science subjects, as opposed to religion / history. Now, religion and science do NOT agree, they are as about as far apart as any 2 subjects could ever be. So, those religious folk who believe in god, how come they majored in science? Science says one thing, and religion says something completely different! undecided

If I was a religious type, I would NOT study / major in any science subjects, especially those sciences that intertwine with history, about how man came about. I wouldn't even have a GP, as I'd entrust any illness that befell me to the hands of god. I'd also save a fortune in medical fees too. cool

How many religious folk choose NOT to have a GP / doctor, but entrust the health of their families to god? I'd say not many.

Again, if they choose to pray for healing, rather than take their sick children / wives / husbands / siblings etc to hospital, then good for them. I've got no issues with them, that's their choice.

Religion is a funny thing - it's either 100%, or not at all. You can't choose what sins you're prepared to commit, otherwise there's no point in your belief. A lot of members who've professed how religious they are, are the same folk who express their tribalist / racist views in various sections of this forum.

Still, that's life.

@Sienna,  becareful you do not start to sound stupid when you post. I am serious when I say get wisdom. I happen to be working on a masters in Biochemistry and all you said about science is based on no factual data at all. Heck, the dude in charge of the HUMAN GENOME Project would tell you the same thing. Science does not in any way negate or try to explain God. so there is no way that Science and religion can NOT go together.  How would you know if religion is either 100% or not when you, I assume, do not claim one and by the way, do you know that the fact that you are pushing to post in this thread and post views that are somehow to claim God does not exist when the thread was designed for those who do not question his existence means you are a fanatic yourself

Maybe the problem is your lack of knowledge of what the very religion you seem to be attacking truly teaches. No where in the Bible, the Quran or even the Hindu scripts are people told not to see doctors. I think you are serious trying to make a case of something that you have no clue of. So you do not believe in God. Why not let it be. This is almost like a person saying Santa does not exist but investing so much time trying to tell others of how he believes santa does not exist when in a sense his knowledge of santa is limited as he has never seen nor does he know of santa. QUIT already

You can not make an arguement against God when 1) You do not believe he exists in which case you have limited knowledge of him if he were to exist.

2) Do not play the SCIENCE is on my side card cause science does not in ANYWAY claim to explain or negate God , simple!!

3) That is one of the basic lessons you learn in Biology 101 and just cause you read a few books by some scientists who state they do not believe in God does not mean that is the voice of the whole science community, do not forget that the science commiunity is like a village

KoboJunkie
Re: If U Have One Question To Ask God, Wat Will It Be? by ayasco(m): 5:52pm On Sep 20, 2007
hmm everyone have one or two questions for their creator.i have a question to u all.
Is God answerable to any one??
stop this and get something else to speak of
Re: If U Have One Question To Ask God, Wat Will It Be? by honeric01(m): 6:17pm On Sep 20, 2007
Well God is not answerable to anyone, but you don forget say Abraham questioned God and Even more people for bible ask God questions
Re: If U Have One Question To Ask God, Wat Will It Be? by Nobody: 7:12pm On Sep 20, 2007
Kobojunkie, can you prove god does exist? Just curious. This is not meant as a derogatory question, but how does one prove gods existence?
Re: If U Have One Question To Ask God, Wat Will It Be? by otokx(m): 7:14pm On Sep 20, 2007
1. Why do his priests steal/misappropriate church money?
Re: If U Have One Question To Ask God, Wat Will It Be? by Kobojunkie: 7:43pm On Sep 20, 2007
Siena:

Kobojunkie, can you prove god does exist? Just curious. This is not meant as a derogatory question, but how does one prove gods existence?

@Sienna, Sure I can prove God exists, but to whom should I provide this proof and best yet, why ?? @Sienna

KoboJunkie
Re: If U Have One Question To Ask God, Wat Will It Be? by Kobojunkie: 7:55pm On Sep 20, 2007
otokx:

1. Why do his priests steal/misappropriate church money?

Hey Otokx,

That is so so easy to answer, why ask God that question when the answer is right in front of you .

1) the Pastors misappropriate funds because they are human beings like you , flesh and blood like you and I , so there is no reason why you should expect to put them on a pedestal and not get disappointed. When you start seeing them as ordinary human beings and cutting them the same slack you would self , then you would realize that when you give, give to God and let God deal with them

2) there are pastors who do it cause there are many gullible people out there that need to be 419ed. If the pastor does not do it, peter or paul on the street will, so being human and with some of those urges still there, he might jump at the opportunity. Simple

Kobojunkie
Re: If U Have One Question To Ask God, Wat Will It Be? by shawn123: 8:21am On Sep 21, 2007
SIENA OR WHOEVER YOUR NAME IS!!!!!!!! (DID I JUST READ YOU SAY GOD SUCKS OR I DIDT SEE RIGHT) YOUR AND YOUR SCIENCE METHODOLOGY. YOU ARE NOT AN INVENTOR DOUBT OR A GREAT MIND, DOUBT IF YOU WILL EVER BE THOUGH.
EVEN ALBERT EINSTEIN, WHO AM SURE IF YOU ARE REALLY A SCIENTOLOGIST YOU WLD AGREE IS 10000000000000 TIMES MORE INTELLIGENT THAN YOU ARE BELIEVED THEIR IS A SUPREME BEING THAT CONTROLLED THE BALANCE IN NATURE. SO MY VERY DUMB SCIENCE FRIEND, WISE PEOPLE THING BEFORE THEY TALK THAT IS WHY I SAID I DOUBT IF YOU WOULD EVER BE ONE OF THOSE WHOSE NAME WHERE NEVER FORGOTTEN IN HISTORY, ITS NOT A CURSE BUT THE TRUTH FRIEND SO DONT TAKE IT PERSON[color=#770077][/color]
Re: If U Have One Question To Ask God, Wat Will It Be? by Nobody: 9:23am On Sep 21, 2007
shawn123:

SIENA OR WHOEVER YOUR NAME IS!!!!!!!! (DID I JUST READ YOU SAY GOD SUCKS OR I DIDT SEE RIGHT) YOUR AND YOUR SCIENCE METHODOLOGY. YOU ARE NOT AN INVENTOR DOUBT OR A GREAT MIND, DOUBT IF YOU WILL EVER BE THOUGH.
EVEN ALBERT EINSTEIN, WHO AM SURE IF YOU ARE REALLY A SCIENTOLOGIST YOU WLD AGREE IS 10000000000000 TIMES MORE INTELLIGENT THAN YOU ARE BELIEVED THEIR IS A SUPREME BEING THAT CONTROLLED THE BALANCE IN NATURE. SO MY VERY DUMB SCIENCE FRIEND, WISE PEOPLE THING BEFORE THEY TALK THAT IS WHY I SAID I DOUBT IF YOU WOULD EVER BE ONE OF THOSE WHOSE NAME WHERE NEVER FORGOTTEN IN HISTORY, ITS NOT A CURSE BUT THE TRUTH FRIEND SO DONT TAKE IT PERSON[color=#770077][/color]

Keep on doubting, do your thoughts bother me?

Did you ever meet Einstein? If not, how do you measure his intelligence over anyone elses?

Me dumb? At least, I can string sentences together, and think before I do so. Read through what you've posted above, and see if anyone else but yourself would make a lot of sense from it. You can't spell, neither can you punctuate.

As for taking what you attempted to convey personally, I don't. As I'm sure you won't take what I replied in the same vein.
Re: If U Have One Question To Ask God, Wat Will It Be? by shawn123: 9:48am On Sep 21, 2007
siena[color=#006600][/color], is that the name ? hope i got it right. i think i passed the message all the same. some of us have got work to do and some of us have naira land reply(s) only. So in case you dont know about chat rooms and the methods. most time people use abreviations and expressions okay? maybe my words were short by a letter or two or i made typo mistakes am doing like a million things at the same time (sides bear witness that you are teh least i would try to impress). So my fellow student, let me give you an assignment. Check on all the post on this particular thread and correct the spelling mistakes and typo errors and submit latest by (COB) close of buisness in case you didnt know, student. I think i typed this reply slowly so that i dont make such mistakes again kido. But then, you could still check and make all the corrections for all you care. That could give you something to do since you have none.
Re: If U Have One Question To Ask God, Wat Will It Be? by shawn123: 9:55am On Sep 21, 2007
for those who ask? read on einstern's biography since you are interested in science. also you dont have to be alive to know what happened in the past, that is why we have documentations!!!
Re: If U Have One Question To Ask God, Wat Will It Be? by Nobody: 10:00am On Sep 21, 2007
shawn123:

siena[color=#006600][/color], is that the name ? hope i got it right. i think i passed the message all the same. some of us have got work to do and some of us have naira land reply(s) only. So in case you don't know about chat rooms and the methods. most time people use abreviations and expressions okay? maybe my words were short by a letter or two or i made typo mistakes am doing like a million things at the same time (sides bear witness that you are the least i would try to impress). So my fellow student, let me give you an assignment. Check on all the post on this particular thread and correct the spelling mistakes and typo errors and submit latest by (COB) close of buisness in case you didnt know, student. I think i typed this reply slowly so that i don't make such mistakes again kido. But then, you could still check and make all the corrections for all you care. That could give you something to do since you have none.

A much better response, Shawn! wink

Me a student? Lol. grin

Pope John Paul Confession Before He Died / How Do You Feel When A Stranger Pastor Tells You Vision About You And Its True? / Is It Possible To Commit Sodomy In Marriage?

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61