Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,446 members, 7,830,232 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:16 PM

If U Have One Question To Ask God, Wat Will It Be? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If U Have One Question To Ask God, Wat Will It Be? (7826 Views)

If You Meet God And He Allowed You To Ask Him One Question, What Would It Be? / What Do You Ask God For Before Sleeping? / The First Question You Will Ask God In Heaven? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If U Have One Question To Ask God, Wat Will It Be? by shawn123: 10:18am On Sep 21, 2007
Thank you sir. Maybe i will do better in your next class. Or dont you think? cool
Dont get it twisted lad. Its just that its not right to make sweeping statements especially when its deragatory. You see 98% of disputes are caused from publicly made statements like this. Personally i dont care if you believe in God or not. You have the right to believe in what ever you want to believe in. Its like that in every religion (Christianism, Islam and Hindu religion e.t.c) But you dont open your mouth and say God sucks just like you did in one of your posts. Funny enough i was suprised at my own spontaneous reaction when i first saw the post because my first instinct was to get back at you. Its only humman nature. Funny enough am a young man, i have all the fun life has to offer but i do know my limits. If i were a christian i wouldnt make a silly statement about Mohammed and if i were a Muslim i would make a silly statement about Jesus and so on. What you say gives the impression about the kind of person you are. A lecturer's first lecture determines if student would listen to him/her. Its all about wisdom, look down the list of all the people that make history nobody and i repeat none of them would ever make statement like that even if you are irritated by some ones belief, your reaction should be diplomatic, I guess its all i should have said in response to your post. I guess a blind man cannot show others the smooth part of a track.
Re: If U Have One Question To Ask God, Wat Will It Be? by Nobody: 10:32am On Sep 21, 2007
That's good, Shawn. So, do you accept me as a non-believer then? wink
Re: If U Have One Question To Ask God, Wat Will It Be? by shawn123: 10:42am On Sep 21, 2007
Of course i do man. Sorry about my initial reaction. I never judge people by religion. Am a technologist, i believe a lot in technology. I work on high level support, i move around a lot and meet people where ever i go. I never ask about religion because its a free world. However i try to explain to people when am being asked why i believe in what i believe in. I guess we are okay then.
Re: If U Have One Question To Ask God, Wat Will It Be? by Nobody: 10:51am On Sep 21, 2007
Shawn, peace. Shame there are less folk like you around, but hey, it's all good!
Re: If U Have One Question To Ask God, Wat Will It Be? by Fesco: 11:44am On Sep 21, 2007
Why he created Africans Black.
Re: If U Have One Question To Ask God, Wat Will It Be? by ogogo24(m): 12:19pm On Sep 21, 2007
Right now,the only question I'll love to ask God is " Who should I marry, B, or N, ?

I'm finding it so hard to make up my mind cos I have these two marriageable sisters and I don't know

which of them to choose.

I need divine guidance badly!

Come to my aid Oh God!
Re: If U Have One Question To Ask God, Wat Will It Be? by Kobojunkie: 12:35pm On Sep 21, 2007
Siena:

Shawn, peace. Shame there are less folk like you around, but hey, it's all good!

Sienna, why do you care what people think about your belief?? By the way, how old are you ? I get the impression you are very naive about how to live life since you are in here, on a thread about there, ANNOUNCING you do not believe in God. Sort of like walking into a church meeting to tell people you do not believe in God but you want them to acknowledge you OR walking into a Republican meeting to announce that you are a Democrat and you want to be acknowleged. You should have better things to do if you are really comfortable with your ways. I mean are you going through some situation in your life that you feel seeking attention will help or something?? Are you depressed?? Are you trying to find something bigger than self?? @Sienna, I find it funny that you brought science into the mix as your support, but once the same was used against your stance, you decided to discount it as not being valid enough.

Look @Sienna, this is a forum and if you read the guidelines, it would do you well to be civil as in learn to respect those who do not believe as you do. I mean if you expect respect, you have to learn how to give it in return. So what if people believe in God and you do not. It is not like you posted that you did not believe in God and they came after you in attack mode or something. I mean sure there will be those who will come after you then but why do you come in here to attack them for their belief and then play victim the next second? You really aren't impressing anyone you know. I already have a picture of you as a silly 14 year old kid whose mum and dad do not give him much attention but access to a computer, in my mind. cheesy

If you are an adult, quit it and grow up already and if you are really a kid, go play or go ask your parents to pay you attention or something. Do something more constructive with your time.

KoboJunkie
Re: If U Have One Question To Ask God, Wat Will It Be? by Kobojunkie: 12:36pm On Sep 21, 2007
Fesco:

Why he created Africans Black.

Why Fesco, we Africans are not the only dark skinned people on the planet. What is wrong with being Black?? What other color would you rather God had made us Blue??

KoboJunkie shocked
Re: If U Have One Question To Ask God, Wat Will It Be? by Nobody: 1:12pm On Sep 21, 2007
Lol @ Kobojunkie: Learn respect, like you have, huh? If that's "respect", then I'd rather have none!

You sound like the depressed, attention-seeking individual here, if you let comments on a public forum get to you. Online comments never get to me at all, it's not real life, is it?

And, what do you know about my parents huh? Nothing! And if you're as smart as you portray yourself to be, then you would leave parents out of our discussion - I don't know yours, just as much as I don't know yours.

Attack all you like, it makes no difference to me at all. My stance remains the same, insult my parents too if that makes you feel better, water off a ducks back, no bother! grin
Re: If U Have One Question To Ask God, Wat Will It Be? by Nobody: 1:42pm On Sep 21, 2007
And Kobojunkie, it's not about scoring points here!

It's about you "converting" me to your way of thinking, that god does exist. That's all I'm interested in.

How can you convince me that god is real?
Re: If U Have One Question To Ask God, Wat Will It Be? by Kobojunkie: 2:18pm On Sep 21, 2007
Siena:

And Kobojunkie, it's not about scoring points here!

It's about you "converting" me to your way of thinking, that god does exist. That's all I'm interested in.

How can you convince me that god is real?

NOTE this is not an attack but a FORUM THREAD ABOUT WHAT QUESTION TO ASK GOD( WHO THE POSTER BELIEVES EXISTS) WHERE I AM THE CHRISTIAN HERE WONDERING WHAT IN THE WORLD YOU THE SO CALLED NON-BELIEVE IN A GOD ARE DOING HERE IN THE FIRST PLACE, SO QUIT PLAYING THE VICTIM HERE AND FOCUS ALREADY.

ALSO NOTE, I like to type in CAPS for people who like to READ WHAT THEY WANT INTO WHAT I POST. Somehow, I hope the CAPS will better their comprehension of the language and message contained.

Me converting you LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Have you lost your mind?? @Sienna,  do you not see what is wrong with your thinking alone?? And by the way ,  did you answer my question yet??

QUESTION ONE ,   WHY IN THE WORLD WOULD I WANT TO WASTE MY OWN PRECIOUS TIME TRYING TO CONVERT YOU TO MY WAY OF THINKING,

QUESTION TWO ,  HOW DID YOU FIT THE IDEA OF CONVERTING YOU INTO MY WAY OF THINKING INTO A THREAD WITH THE TOPIC If You Have One Question To Ask God, What Will It Be?

QUESTION THREE ,  ARE YOU SURE THAT YOU HAVE IT ALL TOGETHER?? CAUSE YOUR WORDS BETRAY YOU

QUESTION FOUR,  DO YOU REALIZE THAT THE MORE YOU POST, THE MORE YOU SEEM TO MAKE MY EVERY POINT VALID?. It is almost like you are so predictable,  easy to read as many others like you are,  Just for you to think of

KoboJunkie
Re: If U Have One Question To Ask God, Wat Will It Be? by Nobody: 2:29pm On Sep 21, 2007
Lol, so you're telling me every thing you've posted here relates to the original question?

My question still remains, how do you convince a non-believer like myself that god exists? But, your time's way too precious to waste on myself hey! Or, the simple fact is, you couldn't convince me!

If you can answer that, I may answer yours. It's that simple.
Re: If U Have One Question To Ask God, Wat Will It Be? by Kobojunkie: 2:32pm On Sep 21, 2007
Siena:

Lol, so you're telling me every thing you've posted here relates to the original question?

My question still remains, how do you convince a non-believer like myself that god exists? But, your time's way too precious to waste on myself hey! Or, the simple fact is, you couldn't convince me!

If you can answer that, I may answer yours. It's that simple.

It seems you can not have a civil mature conversation without playing yourself as someone who is being victimized, huh Well, when you get around telling me why I should bother telling you about God and how he exists and all the time wastes, you let me know, till then, I would rather focus on people who are able to actually approach conversations like mature beings without constantly begging to be pitied,

KoboJunkie grin
Re: If U Have One Question To Ask God, Wat Will It Be? by Bblak(f): 3:55pm On Sep 21, 2007
No reason to question him 'cause he knows best.
Re: If U Have One Question To Ask God, Wat Will It Be? by Nobody: 4:34pm On Sep 21, 2007
Kobojunkie:

It seems you can not have a civil mature conversation without playing yourself as someone who is being victimized, huh Well, when you get around telling me why I should bother telling you about God and how he exists and all the time wastes, you let me know, till then, I would rather focus on people who are able to actually approach conversations like mature beings without constantly begging to be pitied,

KoboJunkie grin

You're the one who needs to be pitied. As for playing the victim, you play that better than most, get someone to hold your hand!  grin
Re: If U Have One Question To Ask God, Wat Will It Be? by Kobojunkie: 8:30pm On Sep 21, 2007
Bblak:

No reason to question him 'cause he knows best.

@Bblak, I don't think that Questioning God is what the topic is about but asking him questions. and if asking him questions is what you are getting at then I apologise. However, @Bblak, Isn't our being able to ask him questions and get ANSWERS the reason why He says we should call upon him and He will ANSWER us I mean the fact that he knows us would be serious reason for us ( who know little to nothing) to ask him.

KoboJunkie
Re: If U Have One Question To Ask God, Wat Will It Be? by james7bond(m): 12:34pm On Sep 22, 2007
When I started out with this question, I knew some people are gonna be at loggerheads concerning their beliefs and stuffs like dat.

This question has actually shown a number of us that not all in this life really believe in God. I do not blame/criticize those who choose to believe in whomever/whatever they feel right to believe in.

I only asked, " If You Have One Question To Ask God, What Would It Be?"
Lets not divert the fun of the thread to something else.

The Holy Book already said something like this:
Do not answer a folly in his question so as not to be like him. The more you do so, the more you be like him.
I mean no harm to whosoever feels insulted here.

So please, Lets get back to the question:

If You Have One Question To Ask God, What Would It Be?

As i said, watch what you gonna post as it will go a long way in determining the kind of person you REALLY are, hmm? wink smiley

@sienna,

I know you are a god on your own, you created yourself, I even believe you are made from nothing or better still your fore-fathers are primates just as the bigger monkey (Darwin) professed.
Don't mind what these people are telling you about a God you do not believe in.
I know when you die, you'll go back to where you never came from.

"My question still remains, how do you convince a non-believer like myself that god exists?"
My answer is " You do not need to be convinced. Nobody convinced you before you woke up this morning or were you?"
Re: If U Have One Question To Ask God, Wat Will It Be? by james7bond(m): 12:44pm On Sep 22, 2007
@kobojunkie

I feel u man. But don't get it twisted. Leave the unbeliever to himself. You are not his creator. You dont have to convince him. He will convince himself.
The rain falls on both believers and non-believers alike. So also the sun.

God knows best.
Peace.  wink
Re: If U Have One Question To Ask God, Wat Will It Be? by princessV1: 1:08pm On Sep 22, 2007
some of these questions can be answered by someone here(victoria_vkey@yahoo.com).god has already send down answers to all unknown questions in the 21st century. shocked
Re: If U Have One Question To Ask God, Wat Will It Be? by babadee(m): 10:32pm On Sep 24, 2007
very simple!
WHY?
Re: If U Have One Question To Ask God, Wat Will It Be? by stingersmi(m): 10:07am On Sep 25, 2007
Why does he create a world, Comfirmed it beautiful, yet left we his children to wallow in anguish and pains?
Re: If U Have One Question To Ask God, Wat Will It Be? by cgift(m): 12:02pm On Sep 25, 2007
stingersmi:

Why does he create a world, Comfirmed it beautiful, yet left we his children to wallow in anguish and pains?

for his pleasure grin
Re: If U Have One Question To Ask God, Wat Will It Be? by Kobojunkie: 12:29pm On Sep 25, 2007
stingersmi:

I have a better question I would like to ask you @Stingersmi, What makes you think God is the one who left his children to wallow in anguish and pains??

Kobojunkie
Re: If U Have One Question To Ask God, Wat Will It Be? by stingersmi(m): 12:35pm On Sep 25, 2007
Cause i belive that as the supreme begin he is , he is meant to have absolute control over all natural laws and events
Re: If U Have One Question To Ask God, Wat Will It Be? by honeric01(m): 12:42pm On Sep 25, 2007
stingersmi:

Cause i believe that as the supreme begin he is , he is meant to have absolute control over all natural laws and events

Maybe its God that's flaring Gas and other harmful chemicals into the atmosphere destroying the Ozone layer, that's now causing environmental hazards. we always try to put the blame of our reckless ways of living on God and even Devil, just a few ozone layer left for the world before aliens, more havoc and pains invade the world cry, by then where will i be? guess grin
Re: If U Have One Question To Ask God, Wat Will It Be? by Kobojunkie: 12:59pm On Sep 25, 2007
stingersmi:

Cause i believe that as the supreme begin he is , he is meant to have absolute control over all natural laws and events

@Stingersmi, Sure he has absolute control but what about the control he gave you?? what about the hands?? the mouth to speak?? the common sense to act when you see evil being perpetrated God created you so he can do his work through you ?? what makes you wait for him when he has made you and told you to take care of things with the wisdom and mind he has given you ?? I mean do you ever use that or are you another one of those who say " GOD WILL HELP HIM" when you see a man being pummelled by a bunch of touts and you walk by ?? If God is in absolute control and he does not need you to do his work, what are you and I here for??

Kobojunkie
Re: If U Have One Question To Ask God, Wat Will It Be? by honeric01(m): 1:21pm On Sep 25, 2007
Quote from: stingersmi on Today at 12:35:57 PM

@Stingersmi, Sure he has absolute control but what about the control he gave you?? what about the hands?? the mouth to speak?? the common sense to act when you see evil being perpetrated God created you so he can do his work through you ?? what makes you wait for him when he has made you and told you to take care of things with the wisdom and mind he has given you ?? I mean do you ever use that or are you another one of those who say " GOD WILL HELP HIM" when you see a man being pummelled by a bunch of touts and you walk by ?? If God is in absolute control and he does not need you to do his work, what are you and I here for??
I quite support you there man, ask him, men always love to blame God about their mischiefs
Re: If U Have One Question To Ask God, Wat Will It Be? by electronic(m): 2:08pm On Sep 25, 2007
I WOULD ASK HIM HOW HE MANAGES TO FORGIVE ME AFTER MY SINS
cry
Re: If U Have One Question To Ask God, Wat Will It Be? by Carlosein(m): 5:27pm On Sep 25, 2007
electronic:

I WOULD ASK HIM HOW HE MANAGES TO FORGIVE ME AFTER MY SINS
cry

and me too, especially the most recent ones, have mercy God.
Re: If U Have One Question To Ask God, Wat Will It Be? by osisi5: 2:18am On Sep 26, 2007
Carlosein:

and me too, especially the most recent ones, have mercy God.

fornicators should repent!
Re: If U Have One Question To Ask God, Wat Will It Be? by Kobojunkie: 3:49am On Sep 26, 2007
OH MY GOSH!!! I AM LAUGHING MY HEAD OFF HERE AT THAT ONE !!!!! shocked cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy

KoboJunkie
Re: If U Have One Question To Ask God, Wat Will It Be? by Talktrue(m): 8:08am On Sep 26, 2007
Why God, why the double standard, why is sex without marriage a sin, other creations dont ask for forgiveness after sex, why us Lord, why Us embarassed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Do You Feel When A Stranger Pastor Tells You Vision About You And Its True? / Pope John Paul Confession Before He Died / Is It Possible To Commit Sodomy In Marriage?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.