Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,362 members, 7,812,030 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:42 AM

I Just Built A Warehouse, What Manufacturing Business Can I Go Into? - Investment (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / I Just Built A Warehouse, What Manufacturing Business Can I Go Into? (28050 Views)

Graphene Manufacturing Group; New Ponzi Scheme That's Paying. / Shib Made A Warehouse Worker A Millionaire As Doge And Fil Are Dropping / What Secure Business Can I Invest 2million Without Much Supervision (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Just Built A Warehouse, What Manufacturing Business Can I Go Into? by Moneyboyz: 9:24pm On Mar 07
noisy45:
Meet Multi-Pro distributors LTD let them stock up your warehouse with noodles and consumbles at cheap prices which you will now resell with your price to consumers and retailers while you pay up at month end before they resupply you another goods you go make money like Nigerian politician thieves.

Thanks bro, infact I just thought about this.
And I've made my mind to go indomine company Tomorrow, which is the multi pro distribution you talked about?

1 Like

Re: I Just Built A Warehouse, What Manufacturing Business Can I Go Into? by theamazonguru(m): 9:35pm On Mar 07
irisher:

Rice Mill Industry is only meant for very wealthy individuals that can be able to sink about $5 million dollars or more

Baba make.una no dey scare people na.
This is a pure lie.

My wife is a "middle man" in this rice business value chain.
She works closely with a rice mill, i have been there on 2 occasions.
I can tell you that this guys are doing very well.
I mean very well.
They receive their supplies from different rice sources - Ebonyi (Abakaliki) , Kano, Sokoto, Kebbi etc.
They package their own rice and does same for other clients who bring in their own rice for processing and packaging.

The said warehouse is way smaller than what this man built that you are calling small.
This warehouse I am looking at here can accommodate 4 of the warehouse I visited.
In fact the guy rented it from the owner.

And the machines I saw I am sure are not super expensive. They have machines that helps to dehusk, destone, polish then package.
Though I can't assume or guess , but I am confident getting the machines won't cost as much as you are painting it here.

A little research will help the OP if he is interested in this business.

My point is, $5 million is an over kill abeg.
Does he want to buy an entire state ni.

2 Likes

Re: I Just Built A Warehouse, What Manufacturing Business Can I Go Into? by Riskymarvelous(m): 10:04pm On Mar 07
If you know anything about parts of cars aswear you go make am
Re: I Just Built A Warehouse, What Manufacturing Business Can I Go Into? by delmus(m): 10:19pm On Mar 07
You can go into feed production on medium or large scale
and poultry, if you are interested dm me.
Re: I Just Built A Warehouse, What Manufacturing Business Can I Go Into? by Billionaire25: 11:18pm On Mar 07
Pls approximately how much did u spend to build that warehouse?
Re: I Just Built A Warehouse, What Manufacturing Business Can I Go Into? by Melagros(m): 11:45pm On Mar 07
fidelmarshal199:
I already advised you last year but you didn't take it, With this kind of building, your best bet is a church business. The only thing you needed are just chairs and a sharp mouth prophet.

I will recommend our resident prophets here, falseprophet and righteousness2. Trust me, in few years, you will be an owner of a private jet
Lolzz COMRADES you too sweet and funny die grin
Re: I Just Built A Warehouse, What Manufacturing Business Can I Go Into? by amurx(m): 11:56pm On Mar 07
Moneyboyz:
Early last year I was motivated to start a beer distribution business, I did my research bought the land and constructed the building.

Unfortunately for me, I didn't know someone is selling just few blocks to where I acquired the land. Although the competitor was a small scale but I do not want to compete because there is also a coke/pepsi depot right next to it.

I've decided to go into manufacturing but I'm not sure what I could do. I need ideas and possible the required capital that would start it.

Please no pure water factory suggestions.

Thank you.
This will be good for beer beer distributing business... Go IT or NB for distributor enquiry... I'd advise you go for Guiness though
Re: I Just Built A Warehouse, What Manufacturing Business Can I Go Into? by Robyn2: 8:06am On Mar 08
Moneyboyz:
Early last year I was motivated to start a beer distribution business, I did my research bought the land and constructed the building.

Unfortunately for me, I didn't know someone is selling just few blocks to where I acquired the land. Although the competitor was a small scale but I do not want to compete because there is also a coke/pepsi depot right next to it.

I've decided to go into manufacturing but I'm not sure what I could do. I need ideas and possible the required capital that would start it.

Thank you.

You are use it for rice milling, palm oil processing, garri processing. Anything food is daily consumption. You can be exporting as well
Re: I Just Built A Warehouse, What Manufacturing Business Can I Go Into? by Love800(m): 8:57am On Mar 08
Hello.
Is snacks production lucrative?
Babangidapikin:

Snack Production: Manufacture local snacks or specialty snacks, such as plantain chips, chin-chin, or popcorn.
Spice and Seasoning Packaging: Package and sell locally sourced spices and seasonings.
Furniture Production: Craft and manufacture wooden furniture items.
Natural Skincare Products: Create and sell natural skincare products using locally sourced ingredients.
Re: I Just Built A Warehouse, What Manufacturing Business Can I Go Into? by Love800(m): 8:59am On Mar 08
Hello.
Redman44:

One of the best ideas so far is the one above. However, you need to find a way to source the raw materials cheaply. You need intelligence to succeed in the snacks business. Cheers.
Re: I Just Built A Warehouse, What Manufacturing Business Can I Go Into? by Jagznation(m): 9:07am On Mar 08
Moneyboyz:

Of course, which company and what products (product name)?
Crackers
Re: I Just Built A Warehouse, What Manufacturing Business Can I Go Into? by Moneyboyz: 9:08am On Mar 08
Robyn2:

You are use it for rice milling, palm oil processing, garri processing. Anything food is daily consumption. You can be exporting as well

Do you have an idea on where to get the machines for the garri.

The Chinese company I contacted were giving me a quotation of 40m plus for 5 machines.
Re: I Just Built A Warehouse, What Manufacturing Business Can I Go Into? by slimdel91: 12:45pm On Mar 08
07032100192. WhatsApp
Moneyboyz:

Thanks brother, drop contacts let me give you a call.
Re: I Just Built A Warehouse, What Manufacturing Business Can I Go Into? by Babangidapikin: 2:57pm On Mar 08
Love800:
Hello.
Do your feasibility study.
Re: I Just Built A Warehouse, What Manufacturing Business Can I Go Into? by Love800(m): 10:57pm On Mar 08
Talking about feasibility, what does it mean?

And can one start dis snack production on a small level? That is, i mean without a factory house.
Babangidapikin:

Do your feasibility study.
Re: I Just Built A Warehouse, What Manufacturing Business Can I Go Into? by Babangidapikin: 1:26am On Mar 09
Love800:
Talking about feasibility, what does it mean?

And can one start dis snack production on a small level? That is, i mean without a factory house.
It means to know if it's profitable.
Re: I Just Built A Warehouse, What Manufacturing Business Can I Go Into? by sonnie10: 7:18am On Mar 10
SweetDipBenny:
grin
Or mortuary business
That place is too big for that business. Except he wants to add coffins and ambulance services.
Re: I Just Built A Warehouse, What Manufacturing Business Can I Go Into? by azpekuliar: 7:43am On Mar 10
sonnie10:

That place is too big for that business. Except he wants to add coffins and ambulance services.

Make e kuku turn the warehouse to a funeral home and harness the entire funeral value chain. grin

1 Like

Re: I Just Built A Warehouse, What Manufacturing Business Can I Go Into? by Lexusgs430: 8:29am On Mar 10
Everyone talking about factory....... OP would have to re-purpose that building, making it more conducive for humans to work/pray in ......... More money.....🤑🤑🤑
Re: I Just Built A Warehouse, What Manufacturing Business Can I Go Into? by Love800(m): 8:32am On Mar 10
I thought u said its lucrative.
Babangidapikin:

It means to know if it's profitable.
Re: I Just Built A Warehouse, What Manufacturing Business Can I Go Into? by Love800(m): 8:35am On Mar 10
Am interested in catering.
Want to be a caterer.

Tanks for the response.
FoodInvestment:

SUCCESSFUL Catering is mainly OUTDOOR (Contract) business. You need to get Catering jobs/contracts first through connections before you start talking of catering to people.

Restaurant business in Nigeria is MAJORLY about Delicious African Dishes, NOT about baked foods. Baked foods are secondary items in Nigerian Restaurants.

The CHEAPEST and QUICKEST way to start a Restaurant in Nigeria is to Cook and Sell DELICIOUS Nigerian Foods in a Mama Put format. Customers will rush you if your food is DELICIOUS.
Re: I Just Built A Warehouse, What Manufacturing Business Can I Go Into? by Dshocker(m): 11:24am On Mar 11
Moneyboyz:

Thank you.

Engine oil manufacturing.
Re: I Just Built A Warehouse, What Manufacturing Business Can I Go Into? by irisher: 9:56pm On Mar 11
That's how most of you guys keep on producing lowest grade local rice that's not favourable for human consumption, what's the point of manufacturing such substandard local rice while we always depend on the foreign rice, tell yourself the truth if you were being served such local rice in a restaurant, wedding or an occasion can you be able to eat such rice?
Every business requires stable income in order for the business to grow very well and compete with others. Top 10 rice mill industry in Nigeria is being setup by a roughly sum of about $20 million dollars and above. Go and make your research very well to know if manufacturing and selling of such substandard local rice is profitable now, even in our present economy a lot of people still prefer foreign rice.
Before the civil war, my father and likes had rice mills factories in Abakaliki respectively. During the civil war, the European introduced the foreign Rice and Stock fish to us. Then, after the civil war the Igbos venture into importation of foreign Rice and abandoned the local rice mills mindset because Nigerian are already used to foreign Rice.
Eating of foreign Rice and Stock fish is now part of our culture and I don't think anybody can change it because it has come to stay.
So, if you're planning to setup a rice mill factory, try to have a buoyant funds for the investment at least. The best rice mills industries in Nigeria have their own farmlands they plant rice, they don't buy rice randomly. "I speak with facts and evidence".
theamazonguru:

Baba make.una no dey scare people na.
This is a pure lie.

My wife is a "middle man" in this rice business value chain.
She works closely with a rice mill, i have been there on 2 occasions.
I can tell you that this guys are doing very well.
I mean very well.
They receive their supplies from different rice sources - Ebonyi (Abakaliki) , Kano, Sokoto, Kebbi etc.
They package their own rice and does same for other clients who bring in their own rice for processing and packaging.

The said warehouse is way smaller than what this man built that you are calling small.
This warehouse I am looking at here can accommodate 4 of the warehouse I visited.
In fact the guy rented it from the owner.

And the machines I saw I am sure are not super expensive. They have machines that helps to dehusk, destone, polish then package.
Though I can't assume or guess , but I am confident getting the machines won't cost as much as you are painting it here.

A little research will help the OP if he is interested in this business.

My point is, $5 million is an over kill abeg.
Does he want to buy an entire state ni.
The said people who are doing well are supposedly the ones who repackage and mix their substandard local rice with foreign rice and in a foreign rice bag so that they can sell it easily and with enough profit.

Re: I Just Built A Warehouse, What Manufacturing Business Can I Go Into? by irisher: 10:26pm On Mar 11
Randal:
Stop saying rubbish. Come to Benue and see rice mills that are not even up to half this standard, yet churning out money back to back. Most dealers in Abuja buy from Benue and repackage to sell high.

It's prohibited to repackage and sale foodstuffs, or any goods, once it's done is automatically considered fake products.
Re: I Just Built A Warehouse, What Manufacturing Business Can I Go Into? by irisher: 11:27pm On Mar 11
It will be difficult to address your type because you've little or no knowledge regarding Rice mill industry and commerce.
Have you ever wondered the reason why Chinese have largest and the best Rice mills industries in the world, do you think the Chinese rely on mediocre?
Do you think $10 million for a Rice mill is on a higher side?
Rice mill isn't for ordinary business men.

I once got this kinda doubt when I came across a $70 billion Shrimp Industry in Vietnam, but I have to watch the YouTube video and make some research about the Industry before I understood it's real and possible grin
henrimoto post=128824^6 462:
Dont mind that guy, make e dey quote wetin him no know about.. $5 million dollar ko, $10 million dollar ni.

Imagine him saying that big space in that warehouse is too small for Rice mill business. Ha! .... 😂 😂 ..see internet business men them. 😆
These are top 10 Rice Mills Industries in Nigeria, trust me, non of the industries is below $50 million.

Re: I Just Built A Warehouse, What Manufacturing Business Can I Go Into? by Kunle56: 10:48pm On Apr 14
Dshocker:

Engine oil manufacturing.

Do you know the capital required for that?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Investing In Digital Currencies; Looking At The Bigger Picture / Eurobond / Should I Sell A Property And Go Into Business?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.