Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,326 members, 7,815,641 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:46 PM

Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network - Nairaland / General (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network (53499 Views)

Poll: Nairaland Charity Org

YES: 91% (150 votes)
NO: 8% (14 votes)
This poll has ended

Global Helpers Alliance / Charity Policy: We Will Donate Though We Cannot Promote / The E-Helpers Network (TeHN) - Official Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by OAM4J: 4:20am On Nov 18, 2011
Will ask J to resume/contribute here
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by yamakuza: 4:26am On Nov 18, 2011
^ okey-dokey!

And everyone else should please chip in one or two things!
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by Radiant(f): 4:56am On Nov 18, 2011
r231, good job!

Here's my 2p. . .

I am a pro-charity person. I love the whole idea of helping people in need and I commend this great initiative.

However, I would suggest we do things this way: "pass the basket for donation" each time we find people with genuine pressing needs. Because of how fast money can go ("I use am pay rent but no vex I go refund una" kind of stories) I don't advise we contribute all year long for it to be used annually.
We are very kind hearted people on NL and I'm sure if we have genuine cases people will donate to a good cause. We can have the charity set up and all that but only donate when we have a case.

In conclusion, count me in when a need arises and please count me out for the year long contributions wink

All the same, it's a great idea.
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by Jarus(m): 8:15am On Nov 18, 2011
J reporting for duty sirs!
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by Odunnu: 8:45am On Nov 18, 2011
Right behind you, boss!
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by Nobody: 10:10am On Nov 18, 2011
Radiant:

r231, good job!

Here's my 2p. . .

I am a pro-charity person. I love the whole idea of helping people in need and I commend this great initiative.

However, I would suggest we do things this way: "pass the basket for donation" each time we find people with genuine pressing needs. Because of how fast money can go ("I use am pay rent but no vex I go refund una" kind of stories) I don't advise we contribute all year long for it to be used annually.
We are very kind hearted people on NL and I'm sure if we have genuine cases people will donate to a good cause. We can have the charity set up and all that but only donate when we have a case.

In conclusion, count me in when a need arises and please count me out for the year long contributions wink

All the same, it's a great idea.

+1
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by Elizadath: 5:59pm On Nov 18, 2011
It's a good gesture.
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by Gboliwe: 2:13am On Nov 19, 2011
Very good one
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by obowunmi(m): 2:35am On Nov 19, 2011
I want to manage funds,
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by BootyOnMe: 6:17pm On Nov 19, 2011
How far?
Make I conclude this matter. . .
How do I send the dough?
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by jaybee3(m): 6:18pm On Nov 19, 2011
^^^^^^
paypal/bank transfer/western union
Ur preference
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by BootyOnMe: 6:21pm On Nov 19, 2011
Western union.
Let me know the details.
So I can send my little sointin tomorrow.
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by jaybee3(m): 7:11pm On Nov 19, 2011
BootyOnMe:

Western union.
Let me know the details.
Over to you R231
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by r231(m): 12:53am On Nov 20, 2011
jay bee:

Over to you R231

Thank you sir grin grin

BootyOnMe:

Western union.
Let me know the details.

actually if you are in naija, Jarus or OAM4J can send you the acct details

if not, let me know and i will PM the info to you
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by OAM4J: 1:18am On Nov 20, 2011
BootyOnMe:

Western union.
Let me know the details.

Sent u a PM.
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by BootyOnMe: 4:03am On Nov 20, 2011
Yes, still in Nigeria.
Will make the contact today when Nigeria wakes up.
It is 4AM now.
Thanks again.
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by BootyOnMe: 7:53am On Nov 21, 2011
So after all the noise on this NL. . .na only me wan go go GTB today? grin

Cooooooooooooooooooooool! cool

Thanks for the payment info.

Off to GTB. kiss
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by r231(m): 10:08am On Nov 21, 2011
Hey Guys,

We are trying to raise money for this family https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-801338.192.html

The total we are looking at is :

-----------

100K should be able to stock the shop and that includes a portable fairly used Fridge and small Gen.

120K or less should sort out their accomodation.

60K for shop rent(might be less) for a year.

20K for the boy academics.1 full session sch. fees(3 terms),school books etc.

10K for stocking their kitchen.

I know times are kind of hard at the moment but you can put a smile on these family's face this xmas

Nothing is too small, we are just trying to help.

If you are able to help please show your interest on this thread
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by Gboliwe: 10:26am On Nov 21, 2011
I am 101% in support of helping this family, but your breakdown of costs isnt feasible.
What would you stock in a shop to be considered well stock with N100k that is after deductions of freezer- <N40k, gen to carry the freezer<N30k? Its going to be a scanty shop. How about leaving off the gen and freezer part and buy coolers like two and they buy iceblocks from neigbours, that way we stock up the shop.
About the little boy's school, please enrol him in a public school. There are still public schools with young boys his age who attend them. N5K should settle that.
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by Eghosa1(m): 11:43am On Nov 21, 2011
Pledge my support. Giving is all we can do for love.
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by BootyOnMe: 1:04pm On Nov 21, 2011
Done,.
Check the account details sent to my PM in box. kiss
It was an absolute pleasure.
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by r231(m): 5:52pm On Nov 21, 2011
BootyOnMe:

Done,.
Check the account details sent to my PM in box. kiss
It was an absolute pleasure.

thanx
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by Nobody: 10:40pm On Nov 21, 2011
r231 bare with me bro.
i still plan to contribute and will contact you offline
as soon as I can. smiley
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by r231(m): 11:09pm On Nov 21, 2011
^^^^^Ok
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by LadyT(f): 12:12am On Nov 22, 2011
Fantastic idea but im sorry who the fark voted no? angry
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by Radiant(f): 1:52am On Nov 22, 2011
LadyT:

Fantastic idea but im sorry who the fark voted no? angry

You think everybody get good heart like u? tongue
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by r231(m): 5:40pm On Nov 24, 2011
Breakdown of spending so far. . . . . .

I and Mr obuh went shopping. I did not pay for room yet as olowotee has not arrived.
Prices changed and I forgot some important things in my earlier list.

We got today:

Ceiling fan: 2500

2 pillows: 1800

Carpet , 6 yards:3000

Paint and brush: 1150

Pots and stove: 6000

Mouka foam:11000

1 toddler seat: 800

A dozen spoon: 300

Plates: 1000

Bucket with cover: 250

Mini water reservoir: 1700

Camphor: 150

Bathing sponge: 100

Big GHANA must go bag: 500

Broom, packer: 600

Roll of bathing soap: 700

Gave Monday 1000 to go pick the wife and son from ayobo.

Agent form:1000

Transportation of loads:1200

Olowotee joined us at the market then we went to see the new room and pay. We paid:

2000 * 12=24000

Commission=12000

Agreement=12000

Damages fee= 2000

Total spent today= 84750

Cash at hand =5250

Things we still need:
House would be wired plus fixing of ceiling fan: 3000
Curtain: 3500
2 plastic chairs: 3000
Rechargeable lantern and radio: 2500
Foodstuff:5000

I hope I'm not forgeting anything

PayPal balance: £350.59 GBP = N90,101,63

Balance in Naija a/c now: N176,000.00
- N90,000.00 (1yr Rent & Furnish)
------------------
N86,000.00

THANK YOU ALL FOR MAKING THIS HAPPEN

AS THIS FAMILY IS SMILING NOW THAT IS HOW GOD WILL PUT SMILE ON EACH AND EVERYONE OF YOU AND YOUR FAMILIES FACE IJN

Please we are still accepting donation towards the shop and other
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by r231(m): 3:45pm On Nov 25, 2011
Nairalanders Efforts To Accommodate & Empower A Family Found Living Under Bridge

The Journey So far.

After reading the story of Mr Obuh and family (pregnant wife and kid) on this thread (Nov11), a number of people felt concerned and believed something should be done to help this man and his family. It was agreed that the family should 1st be visited to confirm the story. Ifyalways [/b]volunteered and she visited, interviewed, took pictures of this family under the bridge and confirmed that their story was indeed true (Nov14).

Many of us then felt we should raise funds among ourselves and help this family get an accommodation and also help them start a trade of their choice so that they can continue to take care of themselves afterwards.

Shortly after we agreed on this and started raising funds(Nov15), we got a lot of conflicting stories of how other people offered to help and the Obuhs rejected all the offers (Nov16,17). We then requested [b]Ifyalways and OlowoTee (Nairalanders)
to pay them another visit (Nov18,20). They confirmed to us that most of the conflicting stories were not true, some were exaggerated and the said accommodation gotten for then was not in any way better than under the bridge they were living. On hearing this, we decided to resume the goal of helping this family as earlier intended (Nov19).

We were encouraged by the contributions of many members here and with the amount realized we have been able to secure a decent one room accommodation with some furnishings for this family (Nov24).

We believe we should not just give a man fish but teach and equip him to fish so he can look after himself and family. Because of this we wish to get a small shop for the family and buy them some items they can trade with. Also we hope to put the little boy in school.

On this regard we still seek contributions of more Nairalanders.

We need about N120,000 more to complete the project.

Attached is the account showing the funds raised, how much has been spent so far and the balance.

Also attached are the pictures of the family in the new accommodation we got for them and all the items bought for them.

God bless you as you give towards this cause.

Signed

R231, yamakuza, OAM4J, Ifyalways, Jarus, & OlowoTee

www.nairaland.com/attachments/579532_NL_Charity_Acct1_JPG95f305d718e7583dd3ada7b837bdeadb

www.nairaland.com/attachments/579533_DSC04611_JPGf71c424e61b9d2d4a2489963f87e6fd7

www.nairaland.com/attachments/579534_IMG00156_JPGf6c2236afa62014b78de10d758bfd579
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by r231(m): 3:50pm On Nov 25, 2011
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by BootyOnMe: 7:04pm On Nov 25, 2011
Good job! kiss
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by Krosslife(m): 1:04pm On Nov 26, 2011
Seun, this is another innovative idea to help the less privilege. I say a big YES to this.
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by BootyOnMe: 7:38pm On Nov 26, 2011
Now that the excitement has 'fizzled'. . . .it is quite humbling to see what a pasltry sum is required to get this family off the streets for now.

The main concern is what miracle will empower this family on the long run to keep them off the streets for good!

Or is NL gonna adopt them for ever? undecided

Is this the beginning of an end. . . or the end of a beginning?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25)

Electric Shock Kills Fulani Man's Cow In Delta(photos) / Meet President Jonathan's Look Alike. Smashing Resemblance / Lagos Children Beat Father Christmas That Showed Up Without Gifts (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.