Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,616 members, 7,820,183 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:02 AM

Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network - Nairaland / General (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network (53553 Views)

Poll: Nairaland Charity Org

YES: 91% (150 votes)
NO: 8% (14 votes)
This poll has ended

Global Helpers Alliance / Charity Policy: We Will Donate Though We Cannot Promote / The E-Helpers Network (TeHN) - Official Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by Egbagirl(f): 10:30am On Nov 16, 2011
Jus posted this msg on the other thread.

Hey all,

I don't mean to backtrack at all and I tried as much as possible to read through all the posts. I think r231 said touched on how to make donations for those abroad. as per that, is it possible to setup a site with a pay pal account or something similar. I think i've seen such before. that will make it easier. set up a paypal and get all the contributions from those in the US together and then wire everything at once to NG.(Not sure how that will work or if its a feasible idea but thought i'd throw it out there anyway)

Plus, is there a specific deadline for donations? is there a particular time by which we are trying to achieve all this. e.g house by this date, shop this date or is everything at once.

On another note, I'm waiting for more specific info on how to make donations. I'm in Dakar atm but will see how I can possibly make my own contribution to this.

This is a really awesome idea and I'm glad we are making this happen and not just talking. smiley

P.S: Thanks for the PM r231. 'ppreciate it.
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by Nobody: 10:43am On Nov 16, 2011
^^ no paypal in Naija Liberty reserve or bank account will work
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by Egbagirl(f): 11:20am On Nov 16, 2011
what i meant was a pay pal for those in the US/UK and when the donations are done, the money gets transferred to the NG acc. But this issue is already being discussed on the other thread. (hope i aint creating any sort of confusion)
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by r231(m): 1:45pm On Nov 16, 2011
Thanks A lot Guys for rising to the occasion.

Apparently another individual/organisation have rented a place for the family that we are trying to help and they will be moving soon. (News confirmed this morning)

Now with the amount of response on this thread, I believe we can all work together to run the NAIRALAND CHARITY ORG just in case something else pops up or a member needs a GENUINE assistance, we can all work together to make it happen.

Each case will be thoroughly accessed and investigated by designated members to avoid fraud.

Me and couple of other members (which I will be disclosing to you guys soon) are working together on this project and with you guys support, I am sure we will get there.

We are open to ideas and suggestions so please feel free to add or subtract.

REMEMBER WE ARE ONLY TRYING TO HELP grin grin
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by justwise(m): 1:59pm On Nov 16, 2011
@r231

I must say that i'm not a fan of donating to ''charities'', ( i do charity as much as i can) but i can perfectly understand where you are going with this and one must give you credit for this.

Its a great idea, there is no doubt that you are trying to help, maybe this will change my opinion about charities, i will keep an on the progress. Great idea again.
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by yamakuza: 2:09pm On Nov 16, 2011
naijababe:
Now on to other issues, [size=16pt]I'm all for a charity but not under the name Nairaland[/size]

Care to explain why not ?

huntamania:

I feel as a group we shuld be able to create sumtin bigger dan provide 4 jhus dat family, prolly run programme where qualified kids kan be sent to skul. Tinkin of raisin jhus 300k seems short sighted to me. Aw bout we push ourselves and do greater tins. Just sayin

Can u come up with a plan/framework?

bandiejay:

^^9ja with good start but no finishing

Any suggestions/solutions?
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by 9ijaMan: 2:25pm On Nov 16, 2011
Thanks r231 for bringing this to my notice. Please provide a bank account (preferably GTB) into which I can make some donations.
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by Nobody: 3:11pm On Nov 16, 2011
On name ( Nairaland Charity org) Posted GBAGADA on Nairaland front page , furthermore it's a good idea if it can go , on and on and on
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by ronkebp(f): 9:31pm On Nov 16, 2011
I am so interested. yeap!!!!! we should have a nairaland account, where people can donate money into it, anytime and we could use that to help people, students who need assistance to further their education, orphanages, petty traders, hospitals and so on, i think this is a very good idea.
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by Nobody: 9:37pm On Nov 16, 2011
ronkebp:

I am so interested. yeap!!!!! we should have a nairaland account, where people can donate money into it, anytime and we could use that to help people, students who need assistance to further their education, orphanages, petty traders, hospitals and so on, i think this is a very good idea.

Steady on cheesy

yamakuza:

Care to explain why not

Because Nairaland belongs to Seun undecided
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by yamakuza: 9:49pm On Nov 16, 2011
naijababe:

Because Nairaland belongs to Seun undecided

u two dont get along?
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by Nobody: 9:52pm On Nov 16, 2011
yamakuza:

u two dont get along?

i got nothing against the dude and never had any issue with him, just think it's not appropriate to name a charity after a copyrighted entity
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by yamakuza: 9:56pm On Nov 16, 2011
naijababe:

i got nothing against the dude and never had any issue with him, just think it's not appropriate to name a charity after a copyrighted entity

^ ok. I get u now. smiley
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by r231(m): 9:58pm On Nov 16, 2011
naijababe:

Since it has something to do with nairaland members.
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by Natasha2(f): 10:06pm On Nov 16, 2011
r231:

then how about naming it Nairaland Members Charity Organisation
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by r231(m): 10:13pm On Nov 16, 2011
Natasha,,:

good idea
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by Natasha2(f): 10:15pm On Nov 16, 2011
^or maybe even something that's not related to Nairaland
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by yamakuza: 10:17pm On Nov 16, 2011
Natasha,,:

whats the difference?

r231:

maybe with his blessing?
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by r231(m): 10:19pm On Nov 16, 2011
Natasha,,:

^or maybe even something that's not related to Nairaland

Like. . . . . . . Need suggestions

yamakuza:

whats the difference?

maybe with his blessing?

Difference is MEMBERS grin grin LOL
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by Natasha2(f): 10:24pm On Nov 16, 2011
r231:

Like. . . . . . . Need suggestions

Difference is MEMBERS grin grin LOL
lol
Nothing Is Too Small charity organisation aka NITS charity organisation grin grin grin

okay lemme see *THINKING*
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by iaabc(f): 11:55am On Nov 17, 2011
Count me in. So many people need help.
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by obowunmi(m): 2:02pm On Nov 17, 2011
I can manage the funds.
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by igbo2011(m): 11:56pm On Nov 17, 2011
Does anybody know of any Nigerian charities as well? Can you give me some names?
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by Cuddlemii: 12:24am On Nov 18, 2011
Very good idea! I am so in smiley smiley smiley What does it entail & what do we need to do?

How come I am just seeing all these threads now. These are threads that are supposed to be publicized all over Nairaland. I also urge that we all take it seriously as its for a good course. God bless us all as we embark on these journey together, Amen.
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by r231(m): 12:30am On Nov 18, 2011
^^^^^^

Now with the amount of response on this thread, I believe we can all work together to run the NAIRALAND CHARITY ORG just in case something else pops up or a member needs a GENUINE assistance, we can all work together to make it happen.

Each case will be thoroughly accessed and investigated by designated members to avoid fraud.

Me and couple of other members (which I will be disclosing to you guys soon) are working together on this project and with you guys support, I am sure we will get there.

REMEMBER WE ARE ONLY TRYING TO HELP cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by yamakuza: 12:45am On Nov 18, 2011
r231:

^^^^^^

Me and couple of other members (which I will be disclosing to you guys soon) are working together on this project and with you guys support, I am sure  we will get there.

REMEMBER WE ARE ONLY TRYING TO HELP   cheesy grin cheesy

1. Should projects be executed on a monthly, quarterly or annual basis? Or as they pop up?

2. Should we 'pass the basket for donations' each time a project comes up, or we disburse from whatever has been collected/saved before?

3. Any other questions/suggestions?
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by r231(m): 12:55am On Nov 18, 2011
yamakuza:

1. Should projects be executed on a monthly, quarterly or annual basis? Or as they pop up?

2. Should we 'pass the basket for donations' each time a project comes up, or we disburse from whatever has been collected/saved before?

3. Any other questions/suggestions?

Annual preferably end of the yr for less privileged (and we can deal with special case as they pop up depending on the facts)

Depending on how much we are trying to raise

Just my view. . . . please don't just agree because i said so grin grin
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by yamakuza: 1:06am On Nov 18, 2011
Where's everybody?

We need more questions/suggestions and answers.
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by OAM4J: 3:12am On Nov 18, 2011
r231:

Annual preferably end of the yr for less privileged (and we can deal with special case as they pop up depending on the facts)

Depending on how much we are trying to raise

Just my view. . . . please don't just agree because i said so grin grin

1. Yeah, I agree with this. We should have an annual end of the year project for either orphans, widows or the elderly people starting with this year end. (especially now that Mr. Obus case no longer look feasible)

And other cases will be attended to as they pop up and we see the need to do something.

2. Monthly or Quarterly or annual contribution for the end of the year project depending on the individual, but special fund raising for each case that comes up during d year. While minor urgent need can be taken care of from the account.

3. We should open an account domicile in Nigeria with at least 3 signatories and a paypal account too.
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by yamakuza: 3:45am On Nov 18, 2011
OAM4J:

1. Yeah, I agree with this. We should have an annual end of the year project for either orphans, widows or the elderly people starting with this year end. (especially now that Mr. Obus case no longer look feasible)

And other cases will be attended to as they pop up and we see the need to do something.

2. Monthly or Quarterly or annual contribution for the end of the year project depending on the individual, but special fund raising for each case that comes up during d year. While minor urgent need can be taken care of from the account.

3. We should open an account domicile in Nigeria with at least 3 signatories and a paypal account too.

4. If its an annual end-of-year thing, what date are we looking at?

December 1 each year, or December 20something?
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by OAM4J: 3:59am On Nov 18, 2011
^Let just say any convenient day between Dec 1 and Dec 25th
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by yamakuza: 4:06am On Nov 18, 2011
5. Has the name been finalized?

6. Is J the Accountant?

7. What else?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25)

Electric Shock Kills Fulani Man's Cow In Delta(photos) / Lagos Children Beat Father Christmas That Showed Up Without Gifts (Video) / Meet President Jonathan's Look Alike. Smashing Resemblance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.