Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,947 members, 7,817,781 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:27 PM

Once You Hear People Say, "His Wife Is Controlling Him" That Home Is Peaceful - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Once You Hear People Say, "His Wife Is Controlling Him" That Home Is Peaceful (25831 Views)

My Uncle's New Wife Is Controlling Him. How She Embarassed Me. / "Cheating Is Okay If Your Home Is Okay" - Nigerian Man Advises / My Wife Is Adulterous: Advice Needed-long Post (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Once You Hear People Say, "His Wife Is Controlling Him" That Home Is Peaceful by RevenuesBoost(f): 9:42am On Mar 13
Pecoleee345:

I am married man and I don't need to think deep to understand your speech cos it your own view.

What causes married failures varies from place to place.

In Nigeria most marriages collapse cos of poor finance or infidelity....so you saying 90% of marriage crash cos of wrong advise is your own view and Stat......which isn't a fact.

What causes infidelity?
Mostly the kind of friends the couple keep.
This is where advises (words) come in.

Talking about poor finance, I have a story to tell you. A man bought a set of wrapper for his wife.
She was happy and took it to show to her neighbour. Her neighbour said, what kind of fake material is this, can't you see mine is very original.
That's how the wife became an ingrate and brought issues into the home

This is why I said, words are the main cause of divided homes.

Also, wives are advised to do something that'll fetch them money as well, so money wouldn't be an issue in marriage.

You are drifting from my point
I'm not here to talk about the cause/causes of divorce.

You said it's bad to be controlled in marriage.

The question is, I'm I really controlling him?

My point is, people must talk, it's up to the couple to listen to the people or focus on their marriage.

3 Likes

Re: Once You Hear People Say, "His Wife Is Controlling Him" That Home Is Peaceful by Pecoleee345: 9:59am On Mar 13
RevenuesBoost:

What causes infidelity?
Mostly the kind of friends the couple keep.
This is where advices come in.

You are drifting from my point
I'm not here to talk about the cause of divorce.

You said it's bad to be controlled in marriage.

The question is, I'm I really controlling him?

My point is, people must talk, it's up to the couple to listen to the people or focus on their marriage.

The meaning of an adult is being responsible for your actions and owing your shit.

I don't blame anyone for my Bleep up cos that what weak people do.

People must talk true but that doesn't mean you should make your home an island.

My take is simple......
No man must show people his wife controlling him and a woman must not try to control her husband.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Once You Hear People Say, "His Wife Is Controlling Him" That Home Is Peaceful by RevenuesBoost(f): 10:22am On Mar 13
Pecoleee345:

The meaning of an adult is being responsible for your actions and owing your shit.

I don't blame anyone for my Bleep up cos that what weak people do.

People must talk true but that doesn't mean you should make your home island.

My take is simple......
No man must show people his wife controlling him and a woman must not try to control her husband.

Yes, couples shouldn't control each other but listen, pamper and respect each other.
That's what the public see as control.

3 Likes

Re: Once You Hear People Say, "His Wife Is Controlling Him" That Home Is Peaceful by MrBrownJay1(m): 12:22pm On Mar 13
RevenuesBoost:
Once you hear people say, "his wife is controlling him" just know that the family is living in peace.
While we were relocating from our previous house to the current one, the assistant to the pickup guy cornered my husband to tell him, "Don't allow your wife to be controlling you'.
From his looks, you could tell that he is 18yrs or lesser.

My husband told me this. I laughed hard. I was like, people will not learn to mind their business. Shey he would have said it in my presence let me knock that his head๐Ÿ˜‚

as much as nobody should really listen to what young adults are saying, a wife controlling her husband certainly aint always peace in the home.
FIRST nobody should control anybody in marriage as it aint slavery
SECOND you guys should be able to put your point across and decide maturely on what best to do for the family "together"
THIRD if a wife always wants/believes she is right, then this is not control, this is a toxic selfish narrow minded trait of someone with a very weak ego. ... and this certainly aint peaceful, its just peaceful TO THAT CONTROLLING WOMAN.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Once You Hear People Say, "His Wife Is Controlling Him" That Home Is Peaceful by kestolove95(m): 1:26pm On Mar 13
For a home to be peaceful the husband must accept anything ND decision the wife take
Re: Once You Hear People Say, "His Wife Is Controlling Him" That Home Is Peaceful by aribisala0(m): 2:11pm On Mar 13
Peaceful for whp.?
Peace is not absence of noise
As they say even the graveyard cm be peaceful
Re: Once You Hear People Say, "His Wife Is Controlling Him" That Home Is Peaceful by VULCAN(m): 2:11pm On Mar 13
I burst into laughter at the title of this thread grin grin

RevenuesBoost:
Once you hear people say, "his wife is controlling him" just know that the family is living in peace.

While we were relocating from our previous house to the current one, the assistant to the pickup guy cornered my husband to tell him, "Don't allow your wife to be controlling you'.

My husband told me this. I laughed hard. I was like, people will not learn to mind their business. Shey he would have said it in my presence let me knock that his head๐Ÿ˜‚

1 Like

Re: Once You Hear People Say, "His Wife Is Controlling Him" That Home Is Peaceful by Bullman(m): 2:12pm On Mar 13
wrongman665:
Don't allowd your wife to controll you, i repeat' don't allowd your wife to control you.

How come you made same mistake twice

2 Likes

Re: Once You Hear People Say, "His Wife Is Controlling Him" That Home Is Peaceful by cescky(m): 2:12pm On Mar 13
Acidosis:
Whichever way you look at it, peace comes with a price. When people say that the wife is controlling him, more often than not, he is the one being the fo, ol in the relationship. Again, peace comes with a price, and fo, o lishness is the price some men have to pay to sustain their relationship with a faulty or imperfect partner.

A lot of times, women also take on that fo, ol ish role to keep their man.

you a have a point, my fathers foolishness cost me my childhood.....polygamy God forbid,

the man de under the woman control, unfortunately the woman na occultic ....

so yall dont know it all, in such a home, no peace,...especially for the wicked

1 Like

Re: Once You Hear People Say, "His Wife Is Controlling Him" That Home Is Peaceful by LordIsaac(m): 2:13pm On Mar 13
dgitrader:
This is deep!
Unfortunately it is mostly women that are the culprit to this. The man's mother, his sister's and co.
They want a loving husband that listens and pamper them personally, but they don't want that sister in-law that enjoys same via their brother.
As per men( "Africa Man"wink most of us are pretenders, we lie to ourselves and friends, but when inside that closets, you know that you squeeze out the maximum juice from Ur wife, if or when she holds a "sense" of power or control over most domestic affairs!

If you are not happily married to a strong woman for over a decade, argue with your keyboard only, don't quote me!
Seconded!

Re: Once You Hear People Say, "His Wife Is Controlling Him" That Home Is Peaceful by Crafteck1: 2:13pm On Mar 13
Na woman or simp write this nonsense...

3 Likes

Re: Once You Hear People Say, "His Wife Is Controlling Him" That Home Is Peaceful by ogawisdom(m): 2:14pm On Mar 13
grin

The man is broke and poor too most times. Money is the code to control.

3 Likes

Re: Once You Hear People Say, "His Wife Is Controlling Him" That Home Is Peaceful by Angelfrost(m): 2:14pm On Mar 13
Well, I'm kinda ambivalent towards this topic...!

While I agree that serious tolerance and compromise, especially from the head of the family, can enhance peaceful family life, it should never be taken for granted that controlling or manipulative women/wives don't exist.

There is absolutely nothing normal or 'peaceful' about such a family or marriage.

2 Likes

Re: Once You Hear People Say, "His Wife Is Controlling Him" That Home Is Peaceful by ExtraIncomes: 2:16pm On Mar 13
RevenuesBoost:

Know This And Know Peace.

I Like Am Like That.... Make She Dey Control Me.

So Far She's On Nairaland Making Waves And Making The RABBAs..... Leave Me!

Make She Dey Control Me.

1 Share

Re: Once You Hear People Say, "His Wife Is Controlling Him" That Home Is Peaceful by oluwaseyi0: 2:16pm On Mar 13
Jeffrey22:

Lots of women take on the part of f**lishness to sustain a marriage and I think it stopped during our mother's time oh

The Men and women of my generation can't even pay the price at all

Nobody is ready

it doesn't stop with our mothers, it's still very much in practice

what this generation is suffering from is what I call over-loud minority

A situation whereby the bad eggs which are actually minority when it comes to headcount versus total population are been given larger media/screen time

A small bad marriage news/incident will find its way to all media outlets in no time, but that basic, just there but functioning non-celebrity marriage will never even make it near neighbor's ear even if they've been going strong for years
Re: Once You Hear People Say, "His Wife Is Controlling Him" That Home Is Peaceful by Creamypie(m): 2:18pm On Mar 13
dgitrader:
This is deep!
Unfortunately it is mostly women that are the culprit to this. The man's mother, his sister's and co.
They want a loving husband that listens and pamper them personally, but they don't want that sister in-law that enjoys same via their brother.
As per men( "Africa Man"wink most of us are pretenders, we lie to ourselves and friends, but when inside that closets, you know that you squeeze out the maximum juice from Ur wife, if or when she holds a "sense" of power or control over most domestic affairs!

If you are not happily married to a strong woman for over a decade, argue with your keyboard only, don't quote me!
God bless u, especially for paragraph 2. Its very deep
Re: Once You Hear People Say, "His Wife Is Controlling Him" That Home Is Peaceful by wrongman665(m): 2:19pm On Mar 13
Bullman:

How come you made same mistake twice
check my user name.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Once You Hear People Say, "His Wife Is Controlling Him" That Home Is Peaceful by tctrills: 2:20pm On Mar 13
RevenuesBoost:

Allowing your wife to disrespect you for the sake of a peaceful home is not worth it. I had a neighbor whose wife was like that. The man was dying inside. He later acquired a drinking problem.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Once You Hear People Say, "His Wife Is Controlling Him" That Home Is Peaceful by Angelfrost(m): 2:20pm On Mar 13
Acidosis:
Whichever way you look at it, peace comes with a price. When people say that the wife is controlling him, more often than not, he is the one being the fo, ol in the relationship. Again, peace comes with a price, and fo, o lishness is the price some men have to pay to sustain their relationship with a faulty or imperfect partner.

A lot of times, women also take on that fo, ol ish role to keep their man.

What exactly is your reason for the needless censoring of the word "Foolish"?!!
Re: Once You Hear People Say, "His Wife Is Controlling Him" That Home Is Peaceful by travelzcruix: 2:20pm On Mar 13
In their house.
Re: Once You Hear People Say, "His Wife Is Controlling Him" That Home Is Peaceful by AUTOCRATIC(m): 2:21pm On Mar 13
That's the simple truth. No better words explain it
Re: Once You Hear People Say, "His Wife Is Controlling Him" That Home Is Peaceful by NairalandGOAT1: 2:23pm On Mar 13
RevenuesBoost:

๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
My husband was like
Omo! small boy don see me finish ๐Ÿ˜‚
He wasn't bothered because same way he listens to me, I listen to him.
My sisters also tell me that I allow my husband control me.
Couples listening to each other is the best way they can both live without fights or quarrels.

But small small quarrels dey okay once in a while to spice things up in the home!

It's just like adding salt and pepper to your food grin

1 Like

Re: Once You Hear People Say, "His Wife Is Controlling Him" That Home Is Peaceful by BluntCrazeMan: 2:23pm On Mar 13
Heheheheheheee..

He himself doesn't talk anyhow in public too, neither does he make impromptu decisions without the wife.

Because he may accept something, and when he gets back home, the wife will change all those decisions he made without the wife's knowledge.
Re: Once You Hear People Say, "His Wife Is Controlling Him" That Home Is Peaceful by jaksmillioniar: 2:24pm On Mar 13
RevenuesBoost:

it is wrong for wife to control hubby

3 Likes

Re: Once You Hear People Say, "His Wife Is Controlling Him" That Home Is Peaceful by Proserpina: 2:25pm On Mar 13
Re: Once You Hear People Say, "His Wife Is Controlling Him" That Home Is Peaceful by FKMagazine(m): 2:27pm On Mar 13
That's your opinion, Not in all cases

Some homes are peaceful without any authoritarianism
But, any home where the presence of God dwells, that home is a graceful home

4 Likes

Re: Once You Hear People Say, "His Wife Is Controlling Him" That Home Is Peaceful by MMempire(m): 2:28pm On Mar 13
Peace indeed cos the husband has been turned to dundee united.

2 Likes

Re: Once You Hear People Say, "His Wife Is Controlling Him" That Home Is Peaceful by pocohantas(f): 2:29pm On Mar 13
Angelfrost:

What exactly is your reason for the needless censoring of the word "Foolish"?!!

You dey vex today o.
Re: Once You Hear People Say, "His Wife Is Controlling Him" That Home Is Peaceful by NEUDUDE: 2:29pm On Mar 13
Might be peaceful now but all it takes is one strange woman to rock ya boat lol.

heres the interesting part the man is usually miserable that he could pick this side chick over you

dont control your man and expect all is fine it is not healthy. he might be powerless to fight it now but youd be surprised grin when the chance arises.

Except ofcos you guys are on the same page and he truly loves and cherishes you for one reason or another

1 Like

Re: Once You Hear People Say, "His Wife Is Controlling Him" That Home Is Peaceful by greypencils: 2:29pm On Mar 13
You don't allow your wife to control you. You allow your wife feel she is in control of you then you suddenly jerk the reins from her hands. Be unpredictable. Hot this minute, cool as ice the next. Loving this minute, fuckiiing stubborn the next. Act vulnerable for a minute, then pull the rug from under her feet. She would have no choice than to love and respect you.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Once You Hear People Say, "His Wife Is Controlling Him" That Home Is Peaceful by Exceed15: 2:30pm On Mar 13
"And my husband told me" .. that speaks volume.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

I Caught My Wife Cheating: What Do I Do? / Is Intelligence Inherited In A Family? / Three Men Fight Over Baby In Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.