Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,944 members, 7,814,194 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:51 AM

Once You Hear People Say, "His Wife Is Controlling Him" That Home Is Peaceful - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Once You Hear People Say, "His Wife Is Controlling Him" That Home Is Peaceful (25806 Views)

My Uncle's New Wife Is Controlling Him. How She Embarassed Me. / "Cheating Is Okay If Your Home Is Okay" - Nigerian Man Advises / My Wife Is Adulterous: Advice Needed-long Post (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Once You Hear People Say, "His Wife Is Controlling Him" That Home Is Peaceful by Offpoint1: 2:30pm On Mar 13
Dude na confirm simp by even telling you...

5 Likes

Re: Once You Hear People Say, "His Wife Is Controlling Him" That Home Is Peaceful by Greystone: 2:32pm On Mar 13
Acidosis:
Whichever way you look at it, peace comes with a price. When people say that the wife is controlling him, more often than not, he is the one being the fo, ol in the relationship. Again, peace comes with a price, and fo, o lishness is the price some men have to pay to sustain their relationship with a faulty or imperfect partner.

A lot of times, women also take on that fo, ol ish role to keep their man.

"Peace comes at a Price"

Truer words were never spoken 👏🏽

3 Likes

Re: Once You Hear People Say, "His Wife Is Controlling Him" That Home Is Peaceful by decomposer(m): 2:34pm On Mar 13
This is also same reason why Nigeria is not peaceful because they not giving woman a chance with them at the top.
Re: Once You Hear People Say, "His Wife Is Controlling Him" That Home Is Peaceful by Hafeexla(m): 2:35pm On Mar 13
With the way OP posted and was responding, you will realized she truly control the home. As long as I love independent woman but not to simp level. grin grin grin grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Once You Hear People Say, "His Wife Is Controlling Him" That Home Is Peaceful by Tetraozonaitera: 2:36pm On Mar 13
RevenuesBoost:
Once you hear people say, "his wife is controlling him" just know that the family is living in peace.

While we were relocating from our previous house to the current one, the assistant to the pickup guy cornered my husband to tell him, "Don't allow your wife to be controlling you'.
From his looks, you could tell that he is 18yrs or lesser.

My husband told me this. I laughed hard. I was like, people will not learn to mind their business. Shey he would have said it in my presence let me knock that his head😂

Look Deep inside of you and be sincere to yourself.

There are many decisions you guys made that you were the one that initiated them.
Just be sincere.
And there are many suggestions of your husband that you did not subscribe to and he didn't fight you for it.

You see, I am married and all my friends and brothers are married as well so, I know what I am saying.

99.9℅ of women always want all their suggestions implemented and the same percentage don't always agree with their husband's suggestions.

When you see a woman conplain bitterly about how unloving the husband is. The husband is the type who stands his ground on decisions.

It was wrong for the guy to poke his nose in your family affairs though, but truly, MOST PEACEFUL HOMES ARE THE ONES THE HUSBAND ALLOWS THE WIFE TO HAVE HER WAYS MOST OF THE TIME. Just to avoid problems.

TRUTH IS VERY BITTER

5 Likes

Re: Once You Hear People Say, "His Wife Is Controlling Him" That Home Is Peaceful by omoyagba: 2:36pm On Mar 13
No man should allow his wife control him to a point people see you as weak or your wife as controlling. A man ought to be the leader of the home and that ought not to be in doubt.
Firstly, if he dies before the wife, the family will show her shege. Therefore if you refuse a request from your family, leave no one in doubt that you are the one refusing them.
Secondly if your wife destroys all your other relationships and you are left alone with her, she will show you shege knowing you have no other person to turn to.

8 Likes

Re: Once You Hear People Say, "His Wife Is Controlling Him" That Home Is Peaceful by Angelfrost(m): 2:37pm On Mar 13
pocohantas:

You dey vex today o.

My sister, not vexing jare... I see that a lot these days among internet users, and I just can't get used to the censoring of everything. grin

This generation is irritating and unnecessarily hyper-sensitive about everything!

That was how one typed 'God' and 'Jesus' as 'g-d' and 'J*s*s'. Another one typed h8 (Hate).

Like wtf??! undecided
Re: Once You Hear People Say, "His Wife Is Controlling Him" That Home Is Peaceful by Lovit(m): 2:41pm On Mar 13
Not true!

Peace comes when couples learn to ignore most of their partners errors and misbehaviors, either one or both of them, It goes either way.

You can't control a man who is not willing, what people see as control is a man who has decided that he will just ignore the mis-behaviors of his wife just for peace to reign. Once in a while he may shout and take actions but he is matured enough to know that people don't change in marriages, you only manage them.

However make sure before you enter marriage that you can manage those red flags of your spouse, if you can't please get a more compatible person.

1 Like

Re: Once You Hear People Say, "His Wife Is Controlling Him" That Home Is Peaceful by oluxy(m): 2:42pm On Mar 13
RevenuesBoost:
Once you hear people say, "his wife is controlling him" just know that the family is living in peace.

While we were relocating from our previous house to the current one, the assistant to the pickup guy cornered my husband to tell him, "Don't allow your wife to be controlling you'.

My husband told me this. I laughed hard. I was like, people will not learn to mind their business. Shey he would have said it in my presence let me knock that his head😂

Hahahahahah!
You are right.

People always says, my sister controls her husband that she has given him vegetables.
From distance, I always laff.
This man house is peaceful, he's jovial, easy to let go, he's simple. He no send problem......

Playful with his wife even in public.....
People come dey say, she don give am vegetables

2 Likes

Re: Once You Hear People Say, "His Wife Is Controlling Him" That Home Is Peaceful by delishpot: 2:42pm On Mar 13
Myth. Not in all cases

2 Likes

Re: Once You Hear People Say, "His Wife Is Controlling Him" That Home Is Peaceful by ObidenceNeckpre: 2:42pm On Mar 13
You are wrong bros, its not a cast in stone, we do have graveyard peace in home.

1 Like

Re: Once You Hear People Say, "His Wife Is Controlling Him" That Home Is Peaceful by EreluRoz: 2:43pm On Mar 13
Acidosis:
Whichever way you look at it, peace comes with a price. When people say that the wife is controlling him, more often than not, he is the one being the fo, ol in the relationship. Again, peace comes with a price, and fo, o lishness is the price some men have to pay to sustain their relationship with a faulty or imperfect partner.

A lot of times, women also take on that fo, ol ish role to keep their man.
No relationship/marriage can work without being foolish and stupid for each other. The moment you bring mathematics into your relationship/marriage then get ready for the worst.

1 Like

Re: Once You Hear People Say, "His Wife Is Controlling Him" That Home Is Peaceful by Raylight2(m): 2:43pm On Mar 13
RevenuesBoost:

From this post, you are controlling your husband and he has accepted that and that makes your home peaceful and you actually enjoy it. That pick-up guy must have seen something awkward that made him make that statement. In my own point of view, I think you should jointly reach a conclusion. Not force decisions and conclusions down your man's throat.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Once You Hear People Say, "His Wife Is Controlling Him" That Home Is Peaceful by socialmediaman: 2:44pm On Mar 13
RevenuesBoost:

What does an 18yrs old know about marriage?
Let him marry first.

I still admire my parents marriage till now.
They say this about my mum alot, I now see the reason.
Does my husband look like he care?
He is living his life, let the little boy keep his advice to himself and learn to mind his business.

That's how they'll grow up and treat women like trash, at that little age, what does he know about women?

What he saw as control, my husband saw it as love. Listening to your wife is not control but love and respect.

A home can be peaceful but not stable especially if a man is not in charge.

What that man heard from that boy, he’ll keep hearing it from other people because our society is modeled for men to be in charge. He may not take it serious or even care immediately but it lives in his memory

When issues start coming up, such as when he feels disrespected by his wife or children or relatives or whatever issues marriages come with, he’ll start rethinking his choices

At that point he may start voicing it out, or start acting in ways that will seem strange to the wife, that’s him waking up. It happens to a lot of man, at different ages of their lives, some during their midlife crisis, some earlier.

6 Likes

Re: Once You Hear People Say, "His Wife Is Controlling Him" That Home Is Peaceful by Arabk25: 2:46pm On Mar 13
Pecoleee345:

I am married man and I don't need to think deep to understand your speech cos it your own view.

What causes married failures varies from place to place.

In Nigeria most marriages collapse cos of poor finance or infidelity....so you saying 90% of marriage crash cos of wrong advise is your own view and Stat......which isn't a fact.
Well said
Re: Once You Hear People Say, "His Wife Is Controlling Him" That Home Is Peaceful by ubimagos: 2:47pm On Mar 13
Another maga is born!

3 Likes

Re: Once You Hear People Say, "His Wife Is Controlling Him" That Home Is Peaceful by Ubdavis(m): 2:47pm On Mar 13
Considering the protean nature of man. Nothing is absolute, speak for urself.
Re: Once You Hear People Say, "His Wife Is Controlling Him" That Home Is Peaceful by Arabk25: 2:49pm On Mar 13
Tetraozonaitera:

Look Deep inside of you and be sincere to yourself.
There are many decisions you guys made that you were the one that initiated them.
Just be sincere.
And there are many suggestions of your husband that you did not subscribe to and he didn't fight you for it.

You see, I am married and all my friends and brothers are married as well so, I know what I am saying.
99.9℅ of women always want all their suggestions implemented and the same percentage don't always agree with their husband's suggestions.
When you see a woman conplain bitterly about how unloving the husband is. The husband is the type who stands his ground on decisions.

It was wrong for the guy to poke his nose in your family affairs though, but truly MOST PEACEFUL HOMES ARE THE ONES THE HUSBAND ALLOWS THE WIFE TO HAVE HER WAYS MOST OF THE TIME.

TRUTH IS VERY BITTER
God bless you

2 Likes

Re: Once You Hear People Say, "His Wife Is Controlling Him" That Home Is Peaceful by EEIA: 2:49pm On Mar 13
RevenuesBoost:

We thank God for your family.

do you have any advice for Nairaland girls?

so that Jennyclay, Ereluroz, Pocohantas and lots of others can learn from a wife who is happy and content with her family. smiley
Re: Once You Hear People Say, "His Wife Is Controlling Him" That Home Is Peaceful by obaidan: 2:52pm On Mar 13
dgitrader:
This is deep!
Unfortunately it is mostly women that are the culprit to this. The man's mother, his sister's and co.
They want a loving husband that listens and pamper them personally, but they don't want that sister in-law that enjoys same via their brother.

As per men( "Africa Man"wink most of us are pretenders, we lie to ourselves and friends, but when inside that closets, you know that you squeeze out the maximum juice from Ur wife, if or when she holds a "sense" of power or control over most domestic affairs!

If you are not happily married to a strong woman for over a decade, argue with your keyboard only, don't quote me!

Food for thought. Majority of the young girls that complain about about their husband's/boyfriend's mum and sister troubling them will still trouble the wives of their own son and brothers.
Re: Once You Hear People Say, "His Wife Is Controlling Him" That Home Is Peaceful by BarrElChapo(m): 2:52pm On Mar 13
"Nwoke gbankiti nya na nwanyi ebili"
Re: Once You Hear People Say, "His Wife Is Controlling Him" That Home Is Peaceful by FirstCounsel(m): 2:56pm On Mar 13
;Di cheesy
oluxy:

Hahahahahah!
You are right.

People always says, my sister controls her husband that she has given him vegetables.
This man house is peaceful, he's jovial, easy to let go, he's simple. He no send problem......

What type of vegetables
cheesy grin
Re: Once You Hear People Say, "His Wife Is Controlling Him" That Home Is Peaceful by bitbillionaire: 2:56pm On Mar 13
CONTROL: I hate that word with passion!

A woman who need to control me for there to be peace at home is a WITCH! I don't need that type of woman either as a friend or wife.

1 Like

Re: Once You Hear People Say, "His Wife Is Controlling Him" That Home Is Peaceful by ObalendeCMS: 2:56pm On Mar 13
This thread disgust me; a thread for weak & simple men.
Damn! I'm pissed these generation of men & husbands has been reduced to this. :x

3 Likes

Re: Once You Hear People Say, "His Wife Is Controlling Him" That Home Is Peaceful by Hezmatosky: 3:00pm On Mar 13
And na women cry pass. I just tire for this kind specie of human being
Re: Once You Hear People Say, "His Wife Is Controlling Him" That Home Is Peaceful by Arabk25: 3:00pm On Mar 13
oluxy:

Hahahahahah!
You are right.

We're all saying the same thing sist for a home to be peaceful one needs to play a fool role for the other. Believe me when that man start standing on his decisions as a man it will no longer be peaceful anymore it won't be business as usual

3 Likes

Re: Once You Hear People Say, "His Wife Is Controlling Him" That Home Is Peaceful by Dijita: 3:02pm On Mar 13
jaksmillioniar:
it is wrong for wife to control hubby
In a peaceful home, they both control each other. FYI, Peace in a home doesn't mean there is no fight, we just don't personalized the fight.
Re: Once You Hear People Say, "His Wife Is Controlling Him" That Home Is Peaceful by TheBillyonaire: 3:04pm On Mar 13
Truth is bitter.

1 Like

Re: Once You Hear People Say, "His Wife Is Controlling Him" That Home Is Peaceful by Dijita: 3:04pm On Mar 13
ObalendeCMS:
This thread disgust me; a thread for weak & simple men.

Damn! I'm pissed these generation of men & husbands has been reduced to this.
:x
Reduced to what? Reduce to a home where harmony reign?
Re: Once You Hear People Say, "His Wife Is Controlling Him" That Home Is Peaceful by Segzy19: 3:05pm On Mar 13
Not always the case.....
Re: Once You Hear People Say, "His Wife Is Controlling Him" That Home Is Peaceful by Akalia(m): 3:08pm On Mar 13
RevenuesBoost:

What does an 18yrs old know about marriage?
Let him marry first.

I still admire my parents marriage till now.
They say this about my mum alot, I now see the reason.
Does my husband look like he care?
He is living his life, let the little boy keep his advice to himself and learn to mind his business.

That's how they'll grow up and treat women like trash, at that little age, what does he know about women?

What he saw as control, my husband saw it as love. Listening to your wife is not control but love and respect.
madam na this kind thing dey sweet una wey be married women wella-when una men dey listen to una as per little boy.
The only downside is that some women tend to abuse the privilege of having a listening husband.

1 Like

Re: Once You Hear People Say, "His Wife Is Controlling Him" That Home Is Peaceful by Dougad: 3:08pm On Mar 13
Hmmm

Congrats to you and your husband for finding a system that benefits you. But at the end of the day, it's important to note that what works for one won't work for the other.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Help Me Loosen My Brother's Grip On Me. / What’s That Habit You Wish Your Children Don’t Inherit From You? / Three Men Fight Over Baby In Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.