Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,403 members, 7,822,845 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:57 PM

Jose Mourinho Sacked! ('Resigns') - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Jose Mourinho Sacked! ('Resigns') (21785 Views)

Poll: Are you happy about Mourinho's sacking/''resignation'?

Yes!: 21% (25 votes)
No.: 78% (92 votes)
This poll has ended

Jose Mourinho Sacked As Chelsea Manager / Jose Mourinho To Leave Real Madrid By Mutual Consent / Fabio Capello Resigns As England's Manager (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jose Mourinho Sacked! ('Resigns') by A40(m): 3:24pm On Sep 20, 2007
I dont think going to Spurs will be a bad move but can they afford it?
Re: Jose Mourinho Sacked! ('Resigns') by eldee(m): 3:25pm On Sep 20, 2007
Re: Jose Mourinho Sacked! ('Resigns') by Akolawole(m): 3:29pm On Sep 20, 2007
May God bless DSTV( Amen) grin

People have spoken. The roll call:

1) Gavin Peacock

I think that half the team will have been affected badly and it's going to be hard to get that team spirit that Jose managed to manufacture."

2) Pat Nevin

"The man is a superb coach. He'll be hugely missed and took Chelsea to a level they could have dreamed of a few years ago. He will be hugely missed."

3) Ray Wilkins(former Chelsea captain)

"I'm absolutely astounded at what's happened,"

"I don't really see the sense in it to be honest, let's hope they've got someone lined up."

Asked if he agreed Mourinho was the best manager in the game, Wilkins added: "I would say that would be a fair comment - obviously they will have to look for someone who can hold the reins.

"Winning football matches is what the game's about and he is a winning manager who puts a winning mentality in players' heads and they go and win things."

4) Harry Redknap
It was a complete surprise, amazing to me because he's done such a fantastic job at Chelsea in the last few years," he told Sky Sports News.
"It was a massive surprise but I knew Avram had gone there and I thought 'I can see them pushing him into that position', he was the obvious candidate for me.

More to come
Re: Jose Mourinho Sacked! ('Resigns') by mukina2: 3:30pm On Sep 20, 2007
@A40
spurs or Fc kotoko grin cheesy grin
Re: Jose Mourinho Sacked! ('Resigns') by Jackal(m): 3:35pm On Sep 20, 2007
@ Akola,

I read more comments than that when Pardew was sacked. . . . . . . .
Every manager will back Mourinho . . . .They are managers themselves so they know they can be in the same position as well.
What they say cannot bring a reversal.
Start getting into ur heads that Jose is gone and move on . . . . . . .
Mourinho leaving Chelsea will not bring heavens down . . . .
Take it like a man and lets discuss footie.

Erm erm . . . .Whats the name of the new manager?
Re: Jose Mourinho Sacked! ('Resigns') by debosky(m): 3:37pm On Sep 20, 2007
Kotoko is a much better team than Spurs, don't classify my Ghanaian bros with those losers grin grin

The Portuguese Lip given The Russian Boot! That should've been the headline in The Sun grin grin grin

JM will be missed though, But I'm sure the refs won't miss him at all, no one to be shouting on their heads and insulting them at each press conference.

I suspect Anders Frisk will be having a silent chuckle wherever he is right now. cool

Speculations will continue for a while to come, but I suspect some big coach who is messing up will get fired soon and that will allow JM to get a new job to blow his hot air and try his principles somewhere else where Ranieri has not done 85% of the job already for him.

@ Jackal - JM's departure may cause a big ruckus, especially with Fat Lamps who hasn't signed a new deal, Terry is tied there for life, he's sold his soul to Chelski, but Lamps and Drog may leave if Chelsea sucks this season. Lets see if the 'team spirit' carries them through this one.

Come on boys, rub shit in the scummies' faces on Sunday as a parting shot for your manager! cheesy
Re: Jose Mourinho Sacked! ('Resigns') by mukina2: 3:39pm On Sep 20, 2007
debosky:

Kotoko is a much better team than Spurs, don't classify my Ghanaian bros with those losers  grin grin

Debo u mean cheesy " grin "

lol . . .

maybe they will sign Deschamps cheesy that guy is cool and he can get the job done without wahala grin
Re: Jose Mourinho Sacked! ('Resigns') by Akolawole(m): 3:45pm On Sep 20, 2007
I will also miss Faria

Thank you very much for your role in Bayern's match where you have to receive calls and pass it to Steve when the Special one was banned.

Goodbye to a very good man.
Re: Jose Mourinho Sacked! ('Resigns') by A40(m): 3:46pm On Sep 20, 2007
@seunspice
Your analysis on Fab was spot on the guy has been the best so far
Re: Jose Mourinho Sacked! ('Resigns') by debosky(m): 3:48pm On Sep 20, 2007
@ AK

the loss is much more than just JM, the backroom staff are leaving too sad now that is sad, I hope Clarke really was involved in the team matters, if not, Chelsea are going to have a rocky couple of games very soon and could lose hope of winning the title this season
Re: Jose Mourinho Sacked! ('Resigns') by Akolawole(m): 3:58pm On Sep 20, 2007
@Debosky

He brought most of those staff and he's going with them.

Lets keep our fingers crossed sha.
Re: Jose Mourinho Sacked! ('Resigns') by Akolawole(m): 4:00pm On Sep 20, 2007
Breaking News!

Jose breezed into Stamford Bridge 10 minutes ago in a cab

And the story continues,
Re: Jose Mourinho Sacked! ('Resigns') by A40(m): 4:07pm On Sep 20, 2007
In your dreams tongue
Re: Jose Mourinho Sacked! ('Resigns') by seunspice(m): 4:09pm On Sep 20, 2007
I can confidently say that the level of excitement in the Premiership is not going to be the same for a while. However, this is the opportunity for the rotation master (benitez) to prove his worth and carve a niche for himself. He has spent so much and i want to see him really challenging for the league shield this season.
Re: Jose Mourinho Sacked! ('Resigns') by mukina2: 4:09pm On Sep 20, 2007
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
@Drianny,

I was getting ready to go to work this morn, around 5:06am when I got a text message.
Curious, I opened it to read; I am sorry for Jose
                                                   Truly sorry                                                          

The text was from a colleague, a die-hard Arsenal fan. And he knew my inclinations; as much as I claim neutrality in club football, I love Chelsea, I love their winning ways, I love the revolution Roman Abramovish has brought to English Football and Europe in general.

I loved the lethal combination of Roman Abramovish with his money and free spending!  Jose Mourinho with his deft coaching and brag!  and Chelsea! The possibility of winning all the time!

I could not figure out the meaning of the text anyway, thinking it was a wrong text to the wrong person. I guess the possibility of a Mourinho exit was too soon to be expected.

But such is the passion that Chelsea's owner, Roman Abramovish has for the game or should I say, ego?  
Mourinho had openly been in dispute with his boss (he broke the first law of power; never outshine your boss) towards the end of last season over I don't know what and could have been sacked at the end of last season. The owner of the club had only been persuaded to allow him contine what seemed like a streak of winning ways.

If I was worth $19 billion (net worth) and a 100% owner of a club like Chelsea, definitely I would have a tall ego! And if I expect you to be winning all the time and I pay you for it (Mourinho earns 5 million pounds sterling per season; the highest paid coach in the world), I deserve to be reciprocated, I deserve to be respected!
So, if Mourinho could not handle Abramovish's ego, he should get out of the kitchen!  

Though he (Mourinho) is leaving with a severance package of about $25 million dollars,  !, that is peanuts to Abramovish and his Chelsea.

I guess his recent performance has shown that no one is indispensable; not even him (Mourinho). We want winnings, winnings and more winnings!!! We want loyalty too.

I certainly wouldn't want my employee to open his big mouth against me and my (Abramovish's) big ego.

What d' y'all think?

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-48041.992.html#msg1515557

grin grin grin grin
Re: Jose Mourinho Sacked! ('Resigns') by Akolawole(m): 4:10pm On Sep 20, 2007
A-40:

In your dreams tongue

I hope you are not reffering to me
Re: Jose Mourinho Sacked! ('Resigns') by TBag3: 4:15pm On Sep 20, 2007
am sad, the star of stamford bridge is gone,
Re: Jose Mourinho Sacked! ('Resigns') by RuuDie(m): 4:16pm On Sep 20, 2007
mukina2:

Loyika grin u don come  abi grin grin

A40
Ruudie gave a version  of that song . .few pages back grin cheesy

stanmford bridge has fallen  down  fallen down fallen down
stanmford bridge has fallen  down  fallen down fallen down
grin grin grin cheesy grin grin cheesy

yeah. . . .  be on the look out 4 the special RAZORR MERIX. . . .  its g'onna rap, ragga and some jewish flava  grin grin grin

know what. . . .  the sight and sound of Chelski seems a whole lot more tolerable to me now knowing that JM's gone.
A. Grant has got my fervent support. . . . .  i know he's g'onna give us a beautiful Chelsea side that will play beautiful football; y'all watch and see - first things first. . . .  rid the blues of all those ROBOTIC elements that are pretending to be FOOTBALLERS; loan 'em all to the WWE!  grin grin
Re: Jose Mourinho Sacked! ('Resigns') by Akolawole(m): 4:19pm On Sep 20, 2007
Breezed in a black cab with registration number RE556*** ( cant see the rest well o grin)
Re: Jose Mourinho Sacked! ('Resigns') by mukina2: 4:19pm On Sep 20, 2007
RuuDie:

yeah. . . .  be on the look out for the special RAZORR MERIX. . . .  its g'onna rap, ragga and some jewish flava  grin grin grin

know what. . . .  the sight and sound of Chelski seems a whole lot more tolerable to me now knowing that JM's gone.
A. Grant has got my fervent support. . . . .  i know he's g'onna give us a beautiful Chelsea side that will play beautiful football; y'all watch and see - first things first. . . .  rid the blues of all those ROBOTIC elements that are pretending to be FOOTBALLERS; loan 'em all to the WWE!  grin grin

Ruudie go away grin grin grin grin grin

nor kill me abeg grin grin grin grin

WWE would reject them grin what about the midgets grin SWP, Makelele and co grin grin grin
Re: Jose Mourinho Sacked! ('Resigns') by jejelolatu(f): 4:20pm On Sep 20, 2007
am still waiting to hear its a joke

jm was the best thing that happened to chelsea in 5o yrs

now that jm is gone i wouldnt be surprised if a couple of players leave after him.
Re: Jose Mourinho Sacked! ('Resigns') by mukina2: 4:23pm On Sep 20, 2007
its a joke the biggest joke u could ever imagine grin grin grin grin

check www.realityjokes.com grin
Re: Jose Mourinho Sacked! ('Resigns') by RuuDie(m): 4:24pm On Sep 20, 2007
EXCITEMENT, EXCITEMENT, EXCITEMENT. . . . .  well, The Russian Billionaire is utterly SICK and TIRED of the needless EXCITEMENT; how much off the field EXCITEMENT did SAF have to create to win the league last season
how much IRRELEVANT NOISE did SAW have to make all in the name of EXCITEMENT to create an IMMORTAL team that went UNBEATEN for a whole season

Quash this EXCITEMENT yarns jo. . . . .  The Russian Billionaire has only just realised that he had an EMPTY BARREL for a Manager. . . .  one who hid behind senseless rantings and mind games to hide his inadequacies; one who can't change with changing trends and times  grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Jose Mourinho Sacked! ('Resigns') by Akolawole(m): 4:25pm On Sep 20, 2007
jejelolatu:

jm was the best thing that happened to chelsea in 5o years

now that jm is gone i wouldnt be surprised if a couple of players leave after him.

JM is gone.

He is currently at the bridge. Few players might follow him but is there any vacancy at the moment?
Re: Jose Mourinho Sacked! ('Resigns') by mukina2: 4:27pm On Sep 20, 2007
Ruudie angry grin please na e don do grin cheesy grin

haba!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Jose Mourinho Sacked! ('Resigns') by RuuDie(m): 4:29pm On Sep 20, 2007
jejelolatu:

jm was the best thing that happened to chelsea in 5o years

JM's boot can't be the worst in footballing history. . . .  check out R.Madrid's track record of sackings!

as 4 JM, i feel no sympathy whatsoever 4 his lousy ass. . . . . . .  He died by what he lived by!
Re: Jose Mourinho Sacked! ('Resigns') by RuuDie(m): 4:32pm On Sep 20, 2007
Akolawole:

JM is gone.

He is currently at the bridge. Few players might follow him but is there any vacancy at the moment?

pl's let some playas follow their EMPTY BARREL manager SHARP, SHARP. . . . . his crew of ROBOTIC, MORONIC pets Drogba, Mikel and Lampard at least the likes of Sheva, Kalou, Ballack, Saha, Sinclair can get chance give us BEAUTIFUL FOOTIE like Arsenal grin grin grin
Re: Jose Mourinho Sacked! ('Resigns') by mukina2: 4:33pm On Sep 20, 2007
grin grin grin grin  
Malouda must be cussing himself
Re: Jose Mourinho Sacked! ('Resigns') by jejelolatu(f): 4:50pm On Sep 20, 2007
RuuDie:

JM's boot can't be the worst in footballing history. . . .  check out R.Madrid's track record of sackings!

as 4 JM, i feel no sympathy whatsoever 4 his lousy ass. . . . . . .  He died by what he lived by!

awwwwwwwwwwwwww, grin cry grin cry grin cry  i respect  jm as a coach,but  because he was the chelsea coach am a likkle glad he is gone.
what was abranovice thinking?

mukina2:

grin grin grin grin  
Malouda must be cussing himself

ashley cole tooo
Re: Jose Mourinho Sacked! ('Resigns') by Hugoboi(m): 4:54pm On Sep 20, 2007
The Lips should hav waited till United beats his team black and blue before resigning.That woulda been a perfect parting gift to that gay Abramovich.

On the lighta side,I pity him.he was just a victim of powerplay and "over sabi" by Peter Kenyon.I'm glad United found out what a punk Kenyon was and booted his a** out.I just dunno wats gonna be Chelsea's fate now.
Re: Jose Mourinho Sacked! ('Resigns') by Hugoboi(m): 4:57pm On Sep 20, 2007
"Partin on mutual agreement"

Yeah right@!!
Re: Jose Mourinho Sacked! ('Resigns') by femi4love(m): 4:59pm On Sep 20, 2007

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply)

AFC Bournemouth Vs Arsenal (2 - 1) On 14th January 2018 / Liverpool Vs Leeds (1 - 2) Live / FA Cup: Chelsea Vs Peterborough (4 - 1) On 8th January 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.