Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,753 members, 7,817,083 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:01 AM

The Religion The Is Practicing What Jesus Taught. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Religion The Is Practicing What Jesus Taught. (4242 Views)

⚫⚫ Jesus Taught About Speaking In Tongues / Is This The True Love Jesus Taught Or Just A Secret Cult Love? / How Is Religion The Cause Of Backwardness In Nigeria And Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Religion The Is Practicing What Jesus Taught. by PulsingPurple(m): 9:38am On Mar 30
MaxInDHouse:

Please try to make it brief after all i didn't call anyone to come and ask me questions as you insinuated rather i asked two questions so if you can't answer then your lengthy posts is like a diversion to the thread.

Please try to be brief!

Chai 😂😂

So this is how you end conversations these days?

Oya na answer the other stuffs 😁

2 Likes

Re: The Religion The Is Practicing What Jesus Taught. by oteneaaron(m): 9:40am On Mar 30
Wonders shall never end.

grin grin grin

MaxInDHouse answer his questions Na.

Why are you beating around the bush?

I am here to read comments only.

PulsingPurple, please fire on.

3 Likes

Re: The Religion The Is Practicing What Jesus Taught. by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:47am On Mar 30
PulsingPurple:

Chai 😂😂
So this is how you end conversations these days?
Oya na answer the other stuffs 😁

One after another.
Remember?
I told you that i'm not here to entertain questions rather for those Bible scholars to come in and chat over those two questions so if you're here with your own questions it's you that should do the right thing by asking one by one.
So what is your next question?
I'm not obligated to start going through your lengthy post if you're ready let me have your next question.

oteneaaron:

Wonders shall never end.
grin grin grin

Do you believe in Christ Jesus now or are you interested in the religion practicing what Jesus taught? smiley
Re: The Religion The Is Practicing What Jesus Taught. by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:55am On Mar 30
Who is interested in the two questions?

I believe the coast is clear now as distractions has been settled! Proverbs 26:5 smiley
Re: The Religion The Is Practicing What Jesus Taught. by PulsingPurple(m): 9:55am On Mar 30
MaxInDHouse:

When Jesus taught his disciples in the first century there were individuals who joined the movement but failed to live by what he taught of course that doesn't disqualify Jesus as a teacher does it?

One thing Jesus said will serve as evidence that we have his group on planet earth is the love they have among themselves! John 13:34-35

1. Before you use my reply against me, that reply follows your logic and is not my personal take on the relationship b/w christianity amd religion (even though it's mostly true and evident that Christianity as religion and all other religions fail their purpose simply because they are handled by imperfect humans. Won't dwell on that).
Again, my reply is a response to your logic. God didn't ask man to create Christianity as a religion the way it is now.
You're trying to make it seem as though I said Jesus' teachings failed. Stop misquoting me bro.

2 Likes

Re: The Religion The Is Practicing What Jesus Taught. by PulsingPurple(m): 9:57am On Mar 30
MaxInDHouse:

So are you saying members of TB Joshua's church don't get involve in politics and military services?

Whether you accept it or not any religion having members in this two fields is already out of it because they will surely hate and kill their fellow worshipers just as it's happening in Russia and Ukraine today! Revelations 6:3-4

That's not the qualification we were discussing bro 😂😂

1 Like

Re: The Religion The Is Practicing What Jesus Taught. by PulsingPurple(m): 10:02am On Mar 30
MaxInDHouse:

It's OK but do you have anything to say about the topic of discussion?

I think everyone wants to learn including myself so let's not push that aside since it's the main reason for this thread! smiley

Don't worry, I believe I'll ask questions of these nature when I want.

Besides you're not here to learn bro.
I remember you saying that JWs know everything about the Bible because y'all were made to carefully study it for years.

2 Likes

Re: The Religion The Is Practicing What Jesus Taught. by PulsingPurple(m): 10:05am On Mar 30
oteneaaron:
Wonders shall never end.

grin grin grin

I'm just giving him the attention he needed...😁

1 Like

Re: The Religion The Is Practicing What Jesus Taught. by PulsingPurple(m): 10:06am On Mar 30
MaxInDHouse:
Who is interested in the two questions?

I believe the coast is clear now as distractions has been settled! Proverbs 26:5 smiley

It would be foolish to assume that I'll just be here waiting desperately to answer you.

So I left for a few moments and 'the coast is clear'?

Iyaa 😂😂

2 Likes

Re: The Religion The Is Practicing What Jesus Taught. by PulsingPurple(m): 10:15am On Mar 30
So let's wrap up this part of the jibberish.

The summary is that:

I tried asking you a question, you denied knowing me, later indirectly asked me to make my question obvious.

I made my question obvious. You replied but can't prove your reply scripturally.
I showed you my proof but after reading it, you said its too lengthy and you can't counter it.

Later misquoted me and started rejoicing because I left for a few minutes.

I really thought I'd engage you properly for a long time but seems you've not changed.
At least I've given your thread the controversial replies you needed.

Maybe I'll disguise and come asking a different question entirely 😂

3 Likes

Re: The Religion The Is Practicing What Jesus Taught. by PulsingPurple(m): 10:17am On Mar 30
By the way, let's focus on the other part of what actually disqualifies SCOAN members since their teachings are supposed to be the epitome of LOVE in Nigeria.

And tell me which sub-religion practices 'Love is kind'.

2 Likes

Re: The Religion The Is Practicing What Jesus Taught. by PulsingPurple(m): 10:21am On Mar 30
MaxInDHouse:
There are many religions and in fact religion is as old as mankind on planet earth but with all the nations in ancient times being in one religion/form of worship or another everyone is saying "God is one"
Are you of the opinion that religions are like different roads leading to the same destination or there is a particular religion that God approves?
What should we expect from the religion that's approved by God?

I am Maximus one of Jehovah's Witnesses!

By the way... Just by the way....

1. In this context, who is 'God'?
2. And what is 'Religion'?
3. How do they correlate?
4. What is YOUR own religion?

1 Like

Re: The Religion The Is Practicing What Jesus Taught. by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:23am On Mar 30
PulsingPurple:

By the way, let's focus on the other part of what actually disqualifies SCOAN members since their teachings are supposed to be the epitome of LOVE in Nigeria.

And tell me which sub-religion practices 'Love is kind'.

You're not allowed to throw back my question at me so that question is for those interested in knowing the religion practicing what Jesus taught! smiley
Re: The Religion The Is Practicing What Jesus Taught. by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:25am On Mar 30
PulsingPurple:

Let others contribute if you have no answer to the questions OP asked! smiley
Re: The Religion The Is Practicing What Jesus Taught. by PulsingPurple(m): 10:33am On Mar 30
MaxInDHouse:

You're not allowed to throw back my question at me so that question is for those interested in knowing the religion practicing what Jesus taught! smiley

I asked which sub-religion practices the part that says 'Love is kind'

That's my question, not a 'throwing back' question blah blah blah.

Are you unable to reply because you know your reply will be scrutinized??

2 Likes

Re: The Religion The Is Practicing What Jesus Taught. by PulsingPurple(m): 10:38am On Mar 30
MaxInDHouse:

Let others contribute if you have no answer to the questions OP asked! smiley

164 views and nobody wants to contribute except me...
Don't you think there's a problem with this useless thread?
Don't you think everyone already knows that this kind of thread if often created to spark arguments and useless feats of pride and abuse?
Why do you think people are coming to read only, instead of contribute?

By the way, the questions I asked are to help me understand the kind of reply you need, since you've been dodging all my replies

4 Likes

Re: The Religion The Is Practicing What Jesus Taught. by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:43am On Mar 30
PulsingPurple:

I asked which sub-religion practices the part that says 'Love is kind'
That's my question, not a 'throwing back' question blah blah blah.
Are you unable to reply because you know your reply will be scrutinized??

Young man below is the OP's question:

Are you of the opinion that religions are like different roads leading to the same destination or there is a particular religion that God approves?

So if you have no answer please run along and wait PATIENTLY while interested Bible scholars make their contribution.

Learn how to be PATIENT because PATIENCE is one of the qualities of God's Holy Spirit {Galatians 5:22} it's not healthy getting yourself involved in what you know nothing about most people have developed HBP trying to fight over what they could have patiently waited to see the outcome.

May you have PEACE! smiley
Re: The Religion The Is Practicing What Jesus Taught. by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:46am On Mar 30
Try to calm down no one is here to quarrel with you all what you need now is PATIENCE! smiley

PulsingPurple:

164 views and nobody wants to contribute except me...
Don't you think there's a problem with this useless thread?
Don't you think everyone already knows that this kind of thread if often created to spark arguments and useless feats of pride and abuse?
Why do you think people are coming to read only, instead of contribute?
By the way, the questions I asked are to help me understand the kind of reply you need, since you've been dodging all my replies
Re: The Religion The Is Practicing What Jesus Taught. by PulsingPurple(m): 10:55am On Mar 30
The person that runs to other people's reply on different threads to answer questions he wasn't asked is now refusing to answer questions that he was rightfully asked. SMH 😂

Why is Max now looking for Bible scholars? Since when did He ever value their response or accept it over his indoctrination?

Lemme wait for the scholars too. 😂😂

Have been waiting since July 2023 for your reply and you're saying I need PATIENCE. Omorr 😂

[/quote]

3 Likes

Re: The Religion The Is Practicing What Jesus Taught. by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:57am On Mar 30
PulsingPurple:

Lemme wait for the scholars too.

Good boy! smiley
Re: The Religion The Is Practicing What Jesus Taught. by Fididiguy(m): 11:18am On Mar 30
PulsingPurple:

Read about God according to John the Baptist, it's accurate, God the Father, Jesus and Holy Spirit

Religion is uses of law to worship God, religion was introduced to Jew because they are impatient and are committed a lot of sin, religion reveal sin, doesn't cleanse sin, religion Galatians 3:19. Indirectly Jesus was telling the woman of Samaritans to leave religion and it laws and follow him to know God or worship God in Spirit and Truth in John 4. Religion and Spirit worshipping seems to be the two negating choices we either chose from, but many prefer religion, religion is closer to nature, spirit is things of God, but man easily understand nature than spirit. There are plenty of religion practices in Christian faith, part are JW, catholism etc the difference between Religion Christians and Born-again Christians is Jesus is LORD. A Born again Christian is the one that understands the while a man can give birth to a spirit and a man just need to change it birth method to spirit and qualified for heaven. Jesus Himself was birthed a Spirit in Mathew 1:18-22

God introduce religion to sinful people to make them control themselves, because such isn't the way of God, God can kill a man to save him, but man will curse God if their loves one die. The original plan of God or promise of God to all of us isn't religion, careful reading of Galatians 3:19 is enough, the original plan of God for man is Jesus. God played drama for Abraham for us to watch as film and take lessons, the promise of of son from God to Abraham is Isaac, but Abraham had 7 other sons, they are many but are not promise of God, so they are not matter. You need to be very careful with God, religion is plenty but Jesus is the promise of God to us from Adam time to Abraham time. The law of Moses is assumed to be the law of God, but Jesus said more about the law of God that is nothing but love to God and to everyone we see or come across

Grammatically my religion is Christianity

If I take it to church nation, am not a religion person, am a Born again, in church nation, we ONLY see people existing in two area, religion or born-again. Born again isn't a tag, it's a living

The aim of living is not to live beyond death, we all going to see dead people, our dead dear one, the aim of living is to live accordingly to Christ, as Christlike, you will rise from death triumphantly to glory not to death again
Re: The Religion The Is Practicing What Jesus Taught. by PulsingPurple(m): 11:22am On Mar 30
Fididiguy:
PulsingPurple:

Read about God according to John the Baptist, it's accurate, God the Father, Jesus and Holy Spirit

Religion is uses of law to worship God, religion was introduced to Jew because they are impatient and are committed a lot of sin, religion reveal sin, doesn't cleanse sin, religion Galatians 3:19. Indirectly Jesus was telling the woman of Samaritans to leave religion and it laws and follow him to know God or worship God in Spirit and Truth in John 4. Religion and Spirit worshipping seems to be the two negating choices we either chose from, but many prefer religion, religion is closer to nature, spirit is things of God, but man easily understand nature than spirit. There are plenty of religion practices in Christian faith, part are JW, catholism etc the difference between Religion Christians and Born-again Christians is Jesus is LORD. A Born again Christian is the one that understands the while a man can give birth to a spirit and a man just need to change it birth method to spirit and qualified for heaven. Jesus Himself was birthed a Spirit in Mathew 1:18-22

God introduce religion to sinful people to make them control themselves, because such isn't the way of God, God can kill a man to save him, but man will curse God if their loves one die. The original plan of God or promise of God to all of us isn't religion, careful reading of Galatians 3:19 is enough, the original plan of God for man is Jesus. God played drama for Abraham for us to watch as film and take lessons, the promise of of son from God to Abraham is Isaac, but Abraham had 7 other sons, they are many but are not promise of God, so they are not matter. You need to be very careful with God, religion is plenty but Jesus is the promise of God to us from Adam time to Abraham time. The law of Moses is assumed to be the law of God, but Jesus said more about the law of God that is nothing but love to God and to everyone we see or come across

Grammatically my religion is Christianity

If I take it to church nation, am not a religion person, am a Born again, in church nation, we ONLY see people existing in two area, religion or born-again. Born again isn't a tag, it's a living

The aim of living is not to live beyond death, we all going to see dead people, our dead dear one, the aim of living is to live accordingly to Christ, as Christlike, you will rise from death triumphantly to glory not to death again

I appreciate you taking the time to reply me bro.

This is the kind of reply I needed from OP, and from there, we'd have engaged on other stuff... But OP is wise, so he won't want to start what he cannot end.

By the way, I'm Christian too. Just that if you understand OP's POV properly, we're not truly Christians except we are JWs.
So that's that.

But we can engage right?

2 Likes

Re: The Religion The Is Practicing What Jesus Taught. by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:39am On Mar 30
MaxInDHouse:

There are many religions and in fact religion is as old as mankind on planet earth but with all the nations in ancient times being in one religion/form of worship or another everyone is saying "God is one"
I am Maximus one of Jehovah's Witnesses!

PulsingPurple:

If you understand OP's POV properly, we're not truly Christians except we are JWs.

This is why i told you to be PATIENT now you're speaking for the OP even when there's nothing like what you said in the OP.

Please learn to be respectful and patient it will really help you to go a long way in life! smiley
Re: The Religion The Is Practicing What Jesus Taught. by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:43am On Mar 30
Fididiguy:

This is what i'm saying!

If a question is asked interested Bible scholars will like to air their opinion but some just like looking for trouble when no one is pursuing them.

Thanks for your contribution! smiley
Re: The Religion The Is Practicing What Jesus Taught. by Fididiguy(m): 4:15pm On Mar 30
I can connect to everyone and am open to everything that can help a man knowing God

There are many forms of Christianity today, but that is not enough

Christianity or Christians supposed have single meaning, that will be synonymous to Born again

Born-again is the name heaven called Christians and are expected them to be, Christian is what world call the Born again, they are supposed to mean the same things. But being called born again is more direct and seems effective because it expresses more than name tagging, it seems to cover doing or life style too. Christians are also small Jesus in mockery, small spirit, gods and many more.

All of these are not much more important than what we learn in Matthew chapter 1, learn and not what we see.

Learn rather than see is effective because many see and either deny it or didn't believe or didn't learn anything but that's where Christians pillars is, where Christ like or Christians originally took their meaning.
Re: The Religion The Is Practicing What Jesus Taught. by Fididiguy(m): 4:33pm On Mar 30
There are ONLY two ways to worship God or to know God, just two ways

The two ways are Spirit and Religion

No Inbetweeners, no matter how smart you're, we are of God, God created us. There's a level you will read Bible to and started having this knowledge that is important, I love this Bible verse too much Galatians 4:22

For it is written that Abraham had two sons, one by the slave woman [Hagar] and one by the free woman [Sarah].

Abraham did had 8sons, but categorically in Spirit, it's 2, Holy Spirit and Evil spirit

Holy Spirit is the Spirit of God, active and confirming Sons for God, evil spirit is downgraded and uses deceit and lies not to acquire sons, but to kill and destroy sons.

Through Adam we originally were born into evil, this is naturally our way and makes us to degraded nature or flesh as one without God or lost God through Adam, people will say no one taught a child how to lie, he just learn it naturally, Bible says everyone have sinned automatically.

Bring Born-again is changing our place of birth in God
Re: The Religion The Is Practicing What Jesus Taught. by Fididiguy(m): 4:58pm On Mar 30
JESUS told one man the meaning of being born again or meaning of being a Christian

John 3:3
Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

3:7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

To understand more, replace anywhere you see born again with Christian and Spirit with God and spirit with gods John 3:6

However, a sinful son of Adam with nature of evil can't suddenly become a spirit if Spirit didnt gave birth to him

So, belonging to Spirit isn't a choice for Christians is a condition John 3:6 that must be met, Jesus started with it in Matthew 1:18-20

Matthew 1:18
Now the birth of Jesus Christ was on this wise: When as his mother Mary was espoused to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Ghost.

1:20 But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the LORD appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost.

Looking at these verses carefully you will noticed that both husband and wife were forewarned who Jesus is

The real meaning is that Jesus is the one that brings Sonship to us, not RELIGIONs
Re: The Religion The Is Practicing What Jesus Taught. by Fididiguy(m): 5:09pm On Mar 30
In fact the difference between religion and spirit son is that religion will not see God in Jesus, they will much more ascribe Him to Mary rather than Holy Spirit or Holy Ghost

Is the same knowledge that reveals Jesus as God that also revealed that we are also sons of God

Now you will understand religion more, religion exists in old testament of the Bible using law, basically law of Moses, but there are other forms of religion that goes with or follow people that read both old and new testament to not accept the key message of Sonship in New testament and for this reason they fall short of the promise that makes the fulfillment of God promise in this life
Re: The Religion The Is Practicing What Jesus Taught. by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:58pm On Mar 30
Fididiguy:

In fact the difference between religion and spirit son is that religion will not see God in Jesus, they will much more ascribe Him to Mary rather than Holy Spirit or Holy Ghost
Is the same knowledge that reveals Jesus as God that also revealed that we are also sons of God
Now you will understand religion more, religion exists in old testament of the Bible using law, basically law of Moses, but there are other forms of religion that goes with or follow people that read both old and new testament to not accept the key message of Sonship in New testament and for this reason they fall short of the promise that makes the fulfillment of God promise in this life

So from your own point of view all religions claiming Church of Christ are OK as long as some individuals among them claims they are BORN AGAIN CHRISTIANS right? smiley
Re: The Religion The Is Practicing What Jesus Taught. by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:40pm On Mar 30
The two questions we need to answer:

MaxInDHouse:

Re: The Religion The Is Practicing What Jesus Taught. by PulsingPurple(m): 9:15pm On Mar 30
MaxInDHouse:

This is why i told you to be PATIENT now you're speaking for the OP even when there's nothing like what you said in the OP.

Please learn to be respectful and patient it will really help you to go a long way in life! smiley

OP means Original Post and Original Poster too.
Learn to grasp the way I use the slang.

You as the Original Poster has long established that you are the only people doing what Jesus taught.

Are you trying to say that from your POV, we also considered as proper Christians practicing what Jesus taught?

Funnily enough, since morning, we're still waiting for Bible scholars to engage you 😂

2 Likes

Re: The Religion The Is Practicing What Jesus Taught. by PulsingPurple(m): 9:22pm On Mar 30
MaxInDHouse:

This is what i'm saying!

If a question is asked interested Bible scholars will like to air their opinion but some just like looking for trouble when no one is pursuing them.

Thanks for your contribution! smiley

The hypocrisy and irony...
Refused to reply me, now you can't reply someone without referencing me 😂

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply)

10 Years Remembrance Of Our Great Father, Sheik Mohammed Kamaldeen Al-adabiyy / Palm Wine Good For A Christian? / Refuting Monotheism: God Does Not Exist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.