Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,044 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:46 AM

14 Red Flags To Watch Out For While Dating A Nigerian Girl. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 14 Red Flags To Watch Out For While Dating A Nigerian Girl. (2085 Views)

Ladies: Don't Take The Role Of A Wife While Dating, You Are His Girlfriend Joor! / What Are The Red Flags You Can't Overlook In A Relationship? / After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

14 Red Flags To Watch Out For While Dating A Nigerian Girl. by Tomcorp(m): 4:29pm On Mar 31
Brotherhood Code of Observation;

1. Don't marry her if she has nothing to bring to the table.

2. Don't marry her if she doesn't have a job or business.

3. Don't marry her if she loves extravagant lifestyle.

4. Don't marry her if she likes to go out alot.

5. Don't marry her if she is from a poor background. Their parents sees them as saviors that will uplift their family from poverty, and she will bank on you to do that.

6. Don't marry her if her mother is a divorcee or baby mama.

7. Don't marry her if her IQ is very low.

8. Don't marry her if she follows Blessing CEO, Saidaboj, Nons Miraj, Bobrisky and other known p*rostitutes on social media. Her mindset will be the same as theirs.

9. Don't marry her if she likes materialistic competition.

10. Don't marry her if she doesn't know how to make money but wants to squander yours.

11. Don't marry her if she lacks priorities.

12. Don't marry her if she keeps too many friends.

13. Don't marry her if her mother consults prophets, marabouts, seers and spiritists.

14. Don't marry her if she lacks empathy and understanding.

These are the main red flags to watch out for if you don't want to die before your time.

Happy Easter.

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 14 Red Flags To Watch Out For While Dating A Nigerian Girl. by Chukwuka319(m): 4:41pm On Mar 31
What a great and wonderful post, this Blessed Easter Sunday.
Unfortunately many men are still entangling themselves with ladies with one,two , three most,or all of the mentioned nasty attitudes and attributes, because they are foolishly carried away by her curves,big hips,beauty, social status.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: 14 Red Flags To Watch Out For While Dating A Nigerian Girl. by pretydiva(f): 4:43pm On Mar 31
Ok

1 Like

Re: 14 Red Flags To Watch Out For While Dating A Nigerian Girl. by brain54(m): 4:44pm On Mar 31
Some of these your red flags...

Should just be an issue of personal choice Sha!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 14 Red Flags To Watch Out For While Dating A Nigerian Girl. by Tomcorp(m): 4:51pm On Mar 31
brain54:
Some of these your red flags...

Should just be an issue of personal choice Sha!

I hope you will learn.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: 14 Red Flags To Watch Out For While Dating A Nigerian Girl. by Tomcorp(m): 4:51pm On Mar 31
Chukwuka319:
What a great and wonderful post, this Blessed Easter Sunday.
Unfortunately many men are still entangling themselves with ladies with one,two , three most,or all of the mentioned nasty attitudes and attributes, because they are foolishly carried away by her curves,big hips,beauty, social status.

They will learn the hard way.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 14 Red Flags To Watch Out For While Dating A Nigerian Girl. by jimmyvic(m): 4:56pm On Mar 31
One manipulative one with big nyash and many red flags nearly carry me go where I no know grin grin

But God pass her.....I come down for junction

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: 14 Red Flags To Watch Out For While Dating A Nigerian Girl. by Tomcorp(m): 4:59pm On Mar 31
jimmyvic:
One manipulative one with big nyash and many red flags nearly carry me go where I no know grin grin

You wise up on time.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 14 Red Flags To Watch Out For While Dating A Nigerian Girl. by jimmyvic(m): 5:00pm On Mar 31
Wallahii
Tomcorp:

You wise up on time.

2 Likes

Re: 14 Red Flags To Watch Out For While Dating A Nigerian Girl. by kokakola: 5:30pm On Mar 31
Your points are valid.
As a guy, use your free gift of Logic to know a woman better for your future sake... Never take the seat of emotion when it comes to choosing right.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: 14 Red Flags To Watch Out For While Dating A Nigerian Girl. by Solofresh2: 5:34pm On Mar 31
I disagree with number 3,4,5,6 and 13
Re: 14 Red Flags To Watch Out For While Dating A Nigerian Girl. by brain54(m): 5:40pm On Mar 31
Solofresh2:
I disagree with number 3,4,5,6 and 13
You just picked my exact reservations...

Those are matters of personal choice as I stated and not necessary red flags. I mean what's wrong if a person has many friends or likes to go out? Everyone cannot be docile, timid or reserved. Some people have outgoing personalities. Its okay if you say it's your personal choice and can't cope with that. So you don't go and marry someone and try to make the person change.

So Its choice and that's why I didn't want to argue with the OP.

But to me some of the points listed just seem like insecurities!
Re: 14 Red Flags To Watch Out For While Dating A Nigerian Girl. by Chukwuka319(m): 6:19pm On Mar 31
Tomcorp:

They will learn the hard way.
Exactly!

1 Like

Re: 14 Red Flags To Watch Out For While Dating A Nigerian Girl. by Tomcorp(m): 6:30pm On Mar 31
kokakola:
Your points are valid.
As a guy, use your free gift of Logic to know a woman better for your future sake... Never take the seat of emotion when it comes to choosing right.

I swear.

1 Like

Re: 14 Red Flags To Watch Out For While Dating A Nigerian Girl. by Nijimog: 6:47pm On Mar 31
jimmyvic:

she carry me go O, where I no know O

Fefenefem,

Kcee song comes to mind

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 14 Red Flags To Watch Out For While Dating A Nigerian Girl. by Tomcorp(m): 6:47pm On Mar 31
brain54:

You just picked my exact reservations...

Those are matters of personal choice as I stated and not necessary red flags. I mean what's wrong if a person has many friends or likes to go out? Everyone cannot be docile, timid or reserved. Some people have outgoing personalities. Its okay if you say it's your personal choice and can't cope with that. So you don't go and marry someone and try to make the person change.

So Its choice and that's why I didn't want to argue with the OP.

But to me some of the points listed just seem like insecurities!

When you get married and your eyes see shege, you will understand why these points are extremely important. A wife is not a girlfriend, there are attributes she must and mustn't have.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 14 Red Flags To Watch Out For While Dating A Nigerian Girl. by brain54(m): 6:53pm On Mar 31
Tomcorp:

When you get married and your eyes see shege, you will understand why these points are extremely important. A wife is not a girlfriend, there are attributes she must and mustn't have.
And that's why I said it's your choice...

You are entitled to it. But stop making it look like a general standard!
Re: 14 Red Flags To Watch Out For While Dating A Nigerian Girl. by Tomcorp(m): 6:56pm On Mar 31
brain54:

And that's why I said it's your choice...

You are entitled to it. But stop making it look like a general standard!

Get married first then come back to comment. You don't know life yet.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: 14 Red Flags To Watch Out For While Dating A Nigerian Girl. by brain54(m): 6:58pm On Mar 31
Tomcorp:

Get married first then come back to comment. You don't know life yet.
Very funny...

You are only being insecure "Mr don't get married from a poor background"

So now being married makes you have all the perfect knowledge about marriage? It makes you understand all that will work and cannot work... Well congratulations sir.

I leave you at this point with your insecurities!
Re: 14 Red Flags To Watch Out For While Dating A Nigerian Girl. by otipoju(m): 6:59pm On Mar 31
I made some mistakes early but thank God for his guidance. I quick correct them.

But there are some red flags that you don't see or see early enough. Na that one dey cause severe headache.

You will either continue to bear your cross or drop it down and run

9 Likes

Re: 14 Red Flags To Watch Out For While Dating A Nigerian Girl. by jimmyvic(m): 7:01pm On Mar 31
grin grin grin Aswearr
Nijimog:
she carry me go O, where I no know O

Fefenefem,

Kcee song comes to mind
Re: 14 Red Flags To Watch Out For While Dating A Nigerian Girl. by Tomcorp(m): 7:04pm On Mar 31
otipoju:
I made some mistakes early but thank God for his guidance. I quick correct them.

But there are some red flags that you don't see or see early enough. Na that one dey cause severe headache.

You will either continue to bear your cross or drop it down and run

I quite agree with you. There are some red flags you won't notice at all but with time you will see it clearly.

2 Likes

Re: 14 Red Flags To Watch Out For While Dating A Nigerian Girl. by Tomcorp(m): 7:05pm On Mar 31
brain54:

Very funny...

You are only being insecure "Mr don't get married from a poor background"

So now being married makes you have all the perfect knowledge about marriage? It makes you understand all that will work and cannot work... Well congratulations sir.

I leave you at this point with your insecurities!

Obviously you are still a kid so I won't waste time debating with you. The real grown up men are commenting.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 14 Red Flags To Watch Out For While Dating A Nigerian Girl. by Nickymezor(f): 7:38pm On Mar 31
Seen

2 Likes

Re: 14 Red Flags To Watch Out For While Dating A Nigerian Girl. by Evolutionism: 7:42pm On Mar 31
Tomcorp:

1. Don't marry her if she has nothing to bring to the table.

2. Don't marry her if she doesn't have a job or business.

3. Don't marry her if she loves extravagant lifestyle.

4. Don't marry her if she likes to go out alot.

5. Don't marry her if she is from a poor background. Their parents sees them as saviors that will uplift their family from poverty, and she will bank on you to do that.

6. Don't marry her if her mother is a divorcee or baby mama.

7. Don't marry her if her IQ is very low.

8. Don't marry her if she follows Blessing CEO, Saidaboj, Nons Miraj, Bobrisky and other known p*rostitutes on social media. Her mindset will be the same as theirs.

9. Don't marry her if she likes materialistic competition.

10. Don't marry her if she doesn't know how to make money but wants to squander yours.

11. Don't marry her if she lacks priorities.

12. Don't marry her if she keeps too many friends.

13. Don't marry her if her mother consults prophets, marabouts, seers and spiritists.

14. Don't marry her if she lacks empathy and understanding.

These are the main red flags to watch out for if you don't want to die before your time.

Happy Easter.

Op na from deeper parts of the Streetsgrin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 14 Red Flags To Watch Out For While Dating A Nigerian Girl. by Tomcorp(m): 7:56pm On Mar 31
Evolutionism:

Op na from deeper part of the Streetsgrin

Confirma. ...eyes don see. I say make I warn guys but some ote nor wan hear.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 14 Red Flags To Watch Out For While Dating A Nigerian Girl. by AcadaWriter: 10:12pm On Mar 31
Ok

1 Like

Re: 14 Red Flags To Watch Out For While Dating A Nigerian Girl. by Sonnobax15(m): 10:22pm On Mar 31
lipsrsealed
And unfortunately many Nigerian bannies of these days have taken pleasure in having most of those red flags...

3 Likes

Re: 14 Red Flags To Watch Out For While Dating A Nigerian Girl. by MrBrownJay1(m): 11:35pm On Mar 31
Tomcorp:
2. Don't marry her if she doesn't have a job or business. as much as anyone can be jobless, if they are actively seeking for work and/or tried and fail in thieir own business, then that shouldnt dismiss them automatically. whats importnat here is THEIR CHARACTER:

3. Don't marry her if she loves extravagant lifestyle. if a woman has the job/income/business that can afford her the extravagant lifestyle, then why should this be a bad thing?
aint you the one who claimed that if she doesnt have a job/business she is no good? so now if she has a job/business and spend lavishly on what she desires, its also bad?

4. Don't marry her if she likes to go out alot. isnt it through going out a lot that you met her? what about if she now wants to go out a lot WITH YOU?

5. Don't marry her if she is from a poor background. Their parents sees them as saviors that will uplift their family from poverty, and she will bank on you to do that.90% of Nigerians women come from poor background... just saying

6. Don't marry her if her mother is a divorcee or baby mama. what does the sin of her mother got to do with her? does the above also stand for SONS of these women? lets not be hypocrites here.

10. Don't marry her if she doesn't know how to make money but wants to squander yours. unless a man allows a woman to squander his money, there is no way a woman could do it.

12. Don't marry her if she keeps too many friends. so being friendly is a problem today? or is it your insecure mind talking? a beautiful happy friendly person would probably have a lot of friends, what is so wrong with that?
Re: 14 Red Flags To Watch Out For While Dating A Nigerian Girl. by Gadafii: 11:40pm On Mar 31
I do not expect men to disagree with these points, except maybe irredeemable simps who will learn the hard way

6 Likes

Re: 14 Red Flags To Watch Out For While Dating A Nigerian Girl. by TrustNone: 12:01am On Apr 01
MrBrownJay1:
I've been observing you these days.
You're beginning to reason like a simp

6 Likes

Re: 14 Red Flags To Watch Out For While Dating A Nigerian Girl. by MrBrownJay1(m): 12:30am On Apr 01
TrustNone:
I've been observing you these days.
You're beginning to reason like a simp

its called USING YOUR BRAIN, and not trying to make women look like low life oloshoes at every corner (even when "some" definitely are).

the problem is not women not having a job or business (anyone can go through a bad patch).... the problem is women with failed mentality/character who dont have a job or business because they DONT WANT TO WORK. there are many women out there with great character or state of mind that dont work nor have a business, and are great women to marry. just because she is jobless or without a business today, doesnt make her a liability.
BTW remember, not all men want their women to work or even leave the house to run their own business, they'd rather their wife stays home and take care of the children/family.

same shiit with women who are hardworking and love extravagant lifestyle...whats wrong with that? or are you now claiming that a woman. with money should not buy a big motor/house, in order not to bruise the ego of men who cant afford such toys? what kind of yeye insecure nonsense is this?

or better yet, women coming from poor background?! BWAAAAAAAAAH! what kind of insecure BS is that? forget her background (whether poor or rich). is she a good person with great character TODAY? if she is then so be it. some of the most successful Nigerians today come from poor background.. and equally, some of these rich background girls are mentally broken living in la la land because everything in their lives was handed to them on a silver platter (since they were born).

2 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (Reply)

E Gba Mi O! / Ashi Joint In Isolo / we are cool now!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.