Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,314 members, 7,853,460 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 05:03 PM

The Mistake You Made In Life You Wouldn't Want Someone Else To Repeat - Nairaland / General (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / The Mistake You Made In Life You Wouldn't Want Someone Else To Repeat (25186 Views)

Mention One Mistake You Made That Cost You Alot In Life. / What Are The Most Important Lessons You Have Learnt In Life? / What's Your Biggest Regret In Life So Far? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Mistake You Made In Life You Wouldn't Want Someone Else To Repeat by HydraFeeds(m): 3:51pm On May 16
Iseoluwani:

why
to avoid uncompleted building

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Mistake You Made In Life You Wouldn't Want Someone Else To Repeat by sammiewrite(m): 3:51pm On May 16
Prioritize investing in/associating with the M gender and you'll never regret it. They're the ones that genuinely cares and understands reciprocity. My first gift I got ever in my life was a perfume and complimentary card way back in 2006. The last gift I got was a 100k cash gift last year from a friend from undergraduate days. I have also got friends who employed me in their firm when I was out of job. As recently as yesterday, a brother of one my friends sent me a job link that pays £18/hr. For any of these men, I don't think I did a lot or anything at all, I don't even think I deserve any of the things they did for me.

In contrast, I have a female sibling from the other gender who I tied my personal growth down for five years just to make sure she becomes a lawyer. Today she is a lawyer and recently got 500k free cash from her state government. Even ordinary belt, she didn't deem it fit to get me as a token of appreciation.

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Mistake You Made In Life You Wouldn't Want Someone Else To Repeat by Henryfocoyo(m): 3:52pm On May 16
Greenfaces:
Not buying bitcoin when it just came out
I swear Aje

2 Likes

Re: The Mistake You Made In Life You Wouldn't Want Someone Else To Repeat by BeigJawnson(m): 3:54pm On May 16
Kingrshd3:
I was trained to believe without education your life is zero 😭

I have passion in tech with ability till date but due to the mentality when all my friends was bagging NIIT CERT AND GOING TO I.T SCHOOLS I left them and go to normal university 😢

Till date am still struggling to get a job while my friends are bubbling with car and living very fine..

Young guys of today should at least discover themselves in a particular skill or passion and they shouldnt let education be d first as society portray it 😡

When we talk of education, it is in stages. Stage one is to know how to read and write... So once you can read and write, follow your passion...

At most times, when we are filled to do what we have passions for, it is our destiny speaking not we...

7 Likes

Re: The Mistake You Made In Life You Wouldn't Want Someone Else To Repeat by PointZerom: 3:54pm On May 16
Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed
Not learning a skll........

Anytime I think of the time I wasted in poly,I just shed cold tears within.......Coulda learnt a skill before going to poly but nobody really sat me down to advice me..........

Dear youngies,the best advice anyone can ever give to you is that -"go and learn a skill". You may not understand how important it is at this moment,but trust me,with time, you'll get to know how valuable it is..

Chai, this is touchy. Just like me. I started making money at early age but not knowing what to do with the money except clubbing, drinking, fashion and woman. No one to mentor me on investment.

Thank God I later discovered myself and start investing.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Mistake You Made In Life You Wouldn't Want Someone Else To Repeat by maasoap(m): 3:55pm On May 16
Olichoke:
Not going into business immediately after NYSC.
I feel you. When the money I saved during my NYSC dropped to 100k from 300k, while hoping to get that special job, nobody told me to jump into businesses that have been my saving grace for the last 12 years.

14 Likes

Re: The Mistake You Made In Life You Wouldn't Want Someone Else To Repeat by yewit37486: 3:56pm On May 16
sammiewrite:
Prioritize investing in/associating with the M gender and you'll never regret it. They're the ones that genuinely cares and understands reciprocity. My first gift I got ever in my life was a perfume and complimentary card way back in 2006. The last gift I got was a 100k cash gift last year from a friend from undergraduate days. I have also got friends who employed me in their firm when I was out of job. As recently as yesterday, a brother of one my friends sent me a job link that pays £18/hr. For any of these men, I don't think I did a lot or anything at all, I don't even think I deserve any of the things they did for me.

In contrast, I have a female sibling from the other gender who I tied my personal growth down for five years just to make sure she becomes a lawyer. Told she is a lawyer and recently got 500k free cash from her state government. Even ordinary belt, she didn't deem it fit to get me as a token of appreciation.

Don't you think it's about the character of the individuals involved? They are likely just generous people, and generosity is not a function of gender. Similarly, a wicked person is a wicked person whether female or male.

Also, hopefully you are also paying forward all the help you are receiving.

7 Likes

Re: The Mistake You Made In Life You Wouldn't Want Someone Else To Repeat by BeigJawnson(m): 3:56pm On May 16
Kingrshd3:

Simp 😂

You don go use sex as a reason to marry abi 😂😆
abi you no understand wetin him write?

1 Like

Re: The Mistake You Made In Life You Wouldn't Want Someone Else To Repeat by wiseone28: 3:58pm On May 16
Not buying btc when it came out

Re: The Mistake You Made In Life You Wouldn't Want Someone Else To Repeat by IkeGod9891(m): 3:58pm On May 16
Lovestrong:
how, interested?

First step that i took was deleting the app n deleting browser history but sadly it didn't stop. I self excluded n it worked 60% but guess how i nailed it finally?

2 Likes

Re: The Mistake You Made In Life You Wouldn't Want Someone Else To Repeat by okomile(f): 3:59pm On May 16
Don't marry someone that does not eat bread and eggs for breakfast

Don't ever say, I will Behind him/her up when we get married. All na joke. He/she will never change.

Don't use your money as a woman to sustain d home. Future is blink. Have your investment and properties if u marry a jerk
grin

2 Likes

Re: The Mistake You Made In Life You Wouldn't Want Someone Else To Repeat by KayCee92(m): 4:00pm On May 16
Greenfusion:
Not buying Bitcoin in 2013 when i had the opportunity....chaiii

The opportunities may not be the same now but u still have a chance to buy into some projects now. Investing in bits and investing only what u can afford to wait for. Nothing is promised but u lose 100 percent the chance u don't take..... Research and research.

1 Like

Re: The Mistake You Made In Life You Wouldn't Want Someone Else To Repeat by Chibuezem(m): 4:01pm On May 16
NoniblaqStore:
Not starting a business early enough, I sell vintage shirts which is rated no. 1 in Nigeria. As of today I have made over completed over 100 orders, mainly from this platform. See me thread if you want affordable shirts.
nice advert bruv... I respect the hustle.

3 Likes

Re: The Mistake You Made In Life You Wouldn't Want Someone Else To Repeat by yewit37486: 4:01pm On May 16
DanseMacabre:
Not learning yahoo yahoo while I had a chance. Now I've been stuck on this 9-5 earning peanuts and living poorer than a churchrat. sad

Basically, you are regretting not learning how to steal and rob others?
Let's call it what it is - yahoo is electronic armed robbery. There are real victims at the other end, some of who end up committing suicide. Those balling today from such money have no idea what is waiting for them.

Bro, you have nothing to regret. Be diligent at that 9-5 and you will be amazed how things will turn around.

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Mistake You Made In Life You Wouldn't Want Someone Else To Repeat by wiseone28: 4:02pm On May 16
Gadafii:
Not learning a skill or handwork before I went to school, I have made a promise to myself my children must be equipped with relevant skills first before higher school

Skills that could fetch them income regularly, school will not help you beat poverty or brokenness, it will only beat illiteracy
Same regret i also have.. Though i also had opportunity to work with the government but i wanted to finish school first.
Re: The Mistake You Made In Life You Wouldn't Want Someone Else To Repeat by maasoap(m): 4:02pm On May 16
HydraFeeds:

Cos it is quicker and cheaper to complete.
HydraFeeds:
yes money is like breeze .

Also ,a newcomer in the building business have no idea how much it cost to do decking ,decking alone is enough to do roofing and other finishing for bungalow .

You are right. I bought a land February last year and immediately got to work. People were asking me if I was going for double flats which I said no, just one flat. I told them that I needed what I could start and finish within a year or two.
I finished my bungalow within eight months and moved in the same last year.

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Mistake You Made In Life You Wouldn't Want Someone Else To Repeat by FameGlory(m): 4:06pm On May 16
The mistake I made was putting my business on Nairaland.

Believing that I could do business on Nairaland, sell my goods and services on Nairaland, and thrive.

I was wrong.

The Nairaland Moderators do not want you to thrive in business.

They secretly hate when you make sales or make money on their platform and will do everything in their power to make sure you do not thrive in the business you put on their Forum.

I wish I knew this truth earlier and marketed my business on other platforms other than Nairaland.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Mistake You Made In Life You Wouldn't Want Someone Else To Repeat by maasoap(m): 4:07pm On May 16
Sirchiboy:
Being timid and staying indoor when I was a child
It pays to be brutal and rugged.
Scamburster:

It really deal with me at my early stage, annoying introvert and timid at the same time. but thank God sha.

World and life of many introverts grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: The Mistake You Made In Life You Wouldn't Want Someone Else To Repeat by KayCee92(m): 4:08pm On May 16
CooldipoMPS:
Looking down on side hustle earlier on. Now I know better as my power bank for laptop business trumps salaried job and competes better with inflations

How do u sell this, I will want to buy from you.
Re: The Mistake You Made In Life You Wouldn't Want Someone Else To Repeat by EdiskyHarry: 4:09pm On May 16
Having friends

2 Likes

Re: The Mistake You Made In Life You Wouldn't Want Someone Else To Repeat by LordIsaac(m): 4:11pm On May 16
1. Trying to study medicine by force, when there are courses like Social studies and CRS. The latter would not also be easy, but your path to getting a PhD will be easier.

2. Dating a lady that sees collecting money from other men while in a very serious relationship as nothing.😊

8 Likes

Re: The Mistake You Made In Life You Wouldn't Want Someone Else To Repeat by Ategberoson(m): 4:11pm On May 16
Don't disclose every of your plan

Put your interest first above others

Inculcate the habit of savings, savings, savings and savings

Don't fall in love with ladies that love shopping, clubbing, attending social events

Fall in love with numbers, an industrious by heart, entrepreneurs by passion lady

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Mistake You Made In Life You Wouldn't Want Someone Else To Repeat by usedcardealerph(m): 4:12pm On May 16
Spirit7957:
Joining the Nigerian Army

I am trying to wrap my mind around what you said by joining the army. When I see what they benefit at this moment....

2 Likes

Re: The Mistake You Made In Life You Wouldn't Want Someone Else To Repeat by usedcardealerph(m): 4:13pm On May 16
adeskee:
Dont travel to qatar in search of greener pasture.

Hmmmm....when I dey even plan travel go Kuwait.
Re: The Mistake You Made In Life You Wouldn't Want Someone Else To Repeat by Natural2Heal: 4:14pm On May 16
adeskee:
Dont travel to qatar in search of greener pasture.

Why? Are there no jobs there? Qatar hosted the last world cup. Qatar is a very rich country
Re: The Mistake You Made In Life You Wouldn't Want Someone Else To Repeat by omoredia: 4:17pm On May 16
gentlesmithugo:
Getting addicted to betting back then it drained me and liquidated my business.though I have stopped over 2 years now.but my life has never being the same.i have being struggling to raise money to start up again but to no avail.

Blame tinubu and not betting.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Mistake You Made In Life You Wouldn't Want Someone Else To Repeat by sammiewrite(m): 4:17pm On May 16
yewit37486:

Don't you think it's about the character of the individuals involved? They are likely just generous people, and generosity is not a function of gender. Similarly, a wicked person is a wicked person whether female or male.

Also, hopefully you are also paying forward all the help you are receiving.
Of course there are exceptions. Ask anybody who got to the top, though, there are more men involved than women. Even women will admit that the biggest favors or help they ever got came from men. There may be some men who are selfish, users and opportunists, but majority are not.

7 Likes

Re: The Mistake You Made In Life You Wouldn't Want Someone Else To Repeat by Starz825(m): 4:18pm On May 16
Coolestguy2023:
The mistake i made is that i started forex at a time when i was in some financial crisis so it affected my trading.

Greed is the only enemy you have to battle with in Forex ..

That thing na spirit

3 Likes

Re: The Mistake You Made In Life You Wouldn't Want Someone Else To Repeat by Omotaday(m): 4:18pm On May 16
Not putting my children in Tech early enough.

Please put your children in IT. It’s a ticket to prosperity anywhere in the world.

14 Likes

Re: The Mistake You Made In Life You Wouldn't Want Someone Else To Repeat by Floramie: 4:19pm On May 16
Thinking everyone is truthful. Painstakingly confirm the truth.

11 Likes

Re: The Mistake You Made In Life You Wouldn't Want Someone Else To Repeat by MT: 4:20pm On May 16
BigDawsNet:
Think about yourself first… won’t go into details.. but don’t do it for others or family and ignore ur own priorities..

Words on marble.

Families, siblings, friends always forget with time, and they will even tell you to your face you have never done anything for them.

I have seen this happened many times.

Yourself first, second and third

18 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Truck Carrying Bottles Of Drink Goes Up In Flames In Warri Area Of Delta. Photos / How To Get Rid Of Bed Bugs: Home Remedies / Who Is Your Birthday Mate On Nairaland?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.