Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,825 members, 7,851,765 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 07:33 AM

The Mistake You Made In Life You Wouldn't Want Someone Else To Repeat - Nairaland / General (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / The Mistake You Made In Life You Wouldn't Want Someone Else To Repeat (25135 Views)

Mention One Mistake You Made That Cost You Alot In Life. / What Are The Most Important Lessons You Have Learnt In Life? / What's Your Biggest Regret In Life So Far? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Mistake You Made In Life You Wouldn't Want Someone Else To Repeat by OvertheTop(m): 5:09pm On May 16
dawnomike:
Chasing after Network Marketing (MLM)

This is A Real Time Waster. It will Also waste your Resources

3 Likes

Re: The Mistake You Made In Life You Wouldn't Want Someone Else To Repeat by IamAkinzy: 5:09pm On May 16
How can I reach you based on this. I have someone who needs assistance
IkeGod9891:
Betting addiction. It nearly killed me. I even went suicide but death said not yet. But i have conquered.

I can help anyone in need of it.

3 Likes

Re: The Mistake You Made In Life You Wouldn't Want Someone Else To Repeat by mila1121(m): 5:14pm On May 16
Do whatever you can to go out of Nigeria on time …
On time means before 25 years and below
Get more exposed in the world , then you can go back after you have explored
Silver spoon or not find your way
Secondly invest in foreign business
Third
Know your God
Listen to Jim Rohn
Read book

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Mistake You Made In Life You Wouldn't Want Someone Else To Repeat by Naijaepic: 5:18pm On May 16
Not prioritize education or to rephrase it properly, I had never believed in certificate.

I was in the wilderness for almost two decades despitemmy IT skills, ( self-taught programming, Hardware) before taking the bull by horn by going back to university.

For context, I had been in IT as at 2000, started earn online by around 2006.

The job that is paying me over 7 digits in salary was secured after my university degree.

By all standard, without the degree, I should be able to secured the job, but by Nigeria standard, your certificate is still required.

One word, secure the certificate, even if you will not use to earn a living.

I am fortunate to be given a second chance at life, not everyone will get such chance.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Mistake You Made In Life You Wouldn't Want Someone Else To Repeat by Ipigbhe(m): 5:19pm On May 16
IkeGod9891:
Betting addiction. It nearly killed me. I even went suicide but death said not yet. But i have conquered.

I can help anyone in need of it.
Seriously in need of ur help my own is too much

3 Likes

Re: The Mistake You Made In Life You Wouldn't Want Someone Else To Repeat by Naijaepic: 5:19pm On May 16
Read my response above, life is indeed a mystery

Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed
Not learning a skill........

Anytime I think of the time I wasted in poly,I just shed cold tears within.......Coulda learnt a skill before going to poly but nobody really sat me down to advice me..........

Dear youngies,the best advice anyone can ever give to you is that -"go and learn a skill". You may not understand how important it is at this moment,but trust me,with time, you'll get to know how valuable it is..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Mistake You Made In Life You Wouldn't Want Someone Else To Repeat by babamoha(m): 5:21pm On May 16
Unreasonable anger.

2 Likes

Re: The Mistake You Made In Life You Wouldn't Want Someone Else To Repeat by appini: 5:24pm On May 16
PointZerom:

Chai, this is touchy. Just like me. I started making money at early age but not knowing what to do with the money except clubbing, drinking, fashion and woman. No one to mentor me on investment.

Thank God I later discovered myself and start investing.

Imagine blowing up more than a million dollars, 20 years ago on some of the things you just mentioned above, when you were in your twenties. Pikin wey grow up for naija can hardly make this mistake. Thank God for today though.

Re: The Mistake You Made In Life You Wouldn't Want Someone Else To Repeat by Lovestrong(m): 5:28pm On May 16
IkeGod9891:

First step that i took was deleting the app n deleting browser history but sadly it didn't stop. I self excluded n it worked 60% but guess how i nailed it finally?
please throw more light....how?
Re: The Mistake You Made In Life You Wouldn't Want Someone Else To Repeat by IkeGod9891(m): 5:30pm On May 16
Ipigbhe:

Seriously in need of ur help my own is too much

Bro. U will get out from it, u will feel poor but riches and restoration is on its way, wen u stop. Msg me on my mail.
Re: The Mistake You Made In Life You Wouldn't Want Someone Else To Repeat by IkeGod9891(m): 5:31pm On May 16
IamAkinzy:
How can I reach you based on this. I have someone who needs assistance

Pity such a person bro. But together. We will give him back his life.
Re: The Mistake You Made In Life You Wouldn't Want Someone Else To Repeat by Illegal1(m): 5:38pm On May 16
omoh.........advice wen u gv urslf na be the best advice
Re: The Mistake You Made In Life You Wouldn't Want Someone Else To Repeat by odaniel1(m): 5:55pm On May 16
I dated my cousin's ex (some 10 years after they dated) and took her seriously not knowing she was sleeping out behind until I caught her red-handed.
Trailed her to a man's house she claimed was a Sunday fellowship she regularly attended.
I was broken, and still am but I hope I get forgiveness and move on!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Mistake You Made In Life You Wouldn't Want Someone Else To Repeat by MMempire(m): 5:55pm On May 16
Not joining politics to become politically wealthy.

1 Like

Re: The Mistake You Made In Life You Wouldn't Want Someone Else To Repeat by Jeferious: 5:59pm On May 16
HydraFeeds:
congrats to you.

Though it's a great asset if the duplex is complete ,but the process is not easy ....cost of iron skyrocketed between December last year and April this year not to talk of other materials . I would have gone for a bungalow if well advised . I would have moved in by now too .
My brother, I always grumble in my heart that my late dad left his proposed three-storey building plan at ground floor for me before death took him four years ago. As in, we weren't buoyant enough, and no strong business then to make funds from, so where did the idea even come from? grin cheesy

I shaa had to accomplish his dream. Maybe he believed things would get better and he'd eventually finish it. And on 31 of December last year, I roofed the moth'fuccking structure. We are running the finishings now...already gone past plastering, floor tilings and Pop ceilings. Only thing left is plumbing work, wiring and painting, and I can now rest from the life assignment that he gave me grin grin. Sincerely speaking, God is the greatest.

But in my next life, if he happens to also be my father and gives me this kind of assignment again and leaves me like this, I'd invite all the pastors in this world to keep praying at his corpse till he resurrects from the dead. No be me another man go give assignment like that Waka go im way. Because, no matter how much wealth I have, the highest personal building I can embark on is a two-storey duplex. Even one-storey is enough. It's not as if I'm even sure that the tenants would always be cooperative when it comes to paying rents and other levies

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Mistake You Made In Life You Wouldn't Want Someone Else To Repeat by sacajawea: 6:03pm On May 16
Spirit7957:
Joining the Nigerian Army
Are you a Commissioned Officer?
Re: The Mistake You Made In Life You Wouldn't Want Someone Else To Repeat by sacajawea: 6:04pm On May 16
TurbinePower:
Has Nigeria legalized gay activities in Nigeria or the this man is just doing his own GAY stuff
Who is that?
Re: The Mistake You Made In Life You Wouldn't Want Someone Else To Repeat by AngelicBeing: 6:05pm On May 16
wink
Re: The Mistake You Made In Life You Wouldn't Want Someone Else To Repeat by sacajawea: 6:06pm On May 16
Burruchaga71:
Voting DRUG LORD and a forger as our leader.
It will never happen again or heads will roll
You voted Tinubu last Year?
Re: The Mistake You Made In Life You Wouldn't Want Someone Else To Repeat by georgeakins: 6:07pm On May 16
Burruchaga71:
Voting DRUG LORD and a forger as our leader.
It will never happen again or heads will roll

I had been expecting this.

I knew one biaflan monkey must use this opportunity to wail.
You go tire!

Jagaban is here till 2031

1 Like

Re: The Mistake You Made In Life You Wouldn't Want Someone Else To Repeat by georgeakins: 6:12pm On May 16
IamHonourable1:
I married a woman based on the misconception that she would be a responsible woman just for the fact that she was raised by teachers who are her foster parents.She was in marriage and still jumped from one married man to another, about few months back, I just discovered she's a lesbian (although I had been suspecting her,I even asked her and she denied it).I also caught her with a intimacy gadget (very big vibrating preek). Coming across that woman is my greatest regret in life.

Only you?
God is your comforter!

1 Like

Re: The Mistake You Made In Life You Wouldn't Want Someone Else To Repeat by sacajawea: 6:15pm On May 16
Naijaepic:
Not prioritize education or to rephrase it properly, I had never believed in certificate.

I was in the wilderness for almost two decades despitemmy IT skills, ( self-taught programming, Hardware) before taking the bull by horn by going back to university.

For context, I had been in IT as at 2000, started earn online by around 2006.

The job that is paying me over 7 digits in salary was secured after my university degree.

By all standard, without the degree, I should be able to secured the job, but by Nigeria standard, your certificate is still required.

One word, secure the certificate, even if you will not use to earn a living.
What Year did you get that Degree?
Re: The Mistake You Made In Life You Wouldn't Want Someone Else To Repeat by Franzinni: 6:20pm On May 16
Coming back to Nigeria ....

But who knows, it might be one of my best choices ... In time.

1 Like

Re: The Mistake You Made In Life You Wouldn't Want Someone Else To Repeat by psalmylee(m): 6:21pm On May 16
TrainPark:
Married a narcissist on the verge of turning an evening newspaper.
She love bombed me and was well disguised to get me to marry her.

12 out of the 13 years of marriage was hell on earth. I did everything that I would normally never do from drinking alcohol to finding comfort on the breasts of oloshos just to survive and retain sanity.

Gave her heaven on earth hoping she will change since we already had kids. I took the mugu abroad only for her to dump me there leaving me with two young kids as a single father in a strange land.

I thank God she left the kids for me and I was alert to avoid any police case in oyibo land. I also thank God that she left.

I thank God that I met a beautiful smallie who is the best step mom for my kids and the peace of mind for me.

I thank God for a second chance to enjoy life, peace, and real love of spouse and children.

Watch the partner you are planning to marry with utmost caution. IT IS THE MOST IMPORTANT DECISION OF YOUR EARTHLY LIFE!

wow..sir pls I need to talk to u..
Need an advice from someone elderly and more experienced in life...
Really going through alot right now

1 Like

Re: The Mistake You Made In Life You Wouldn't Want Someone Else To Repeat by TurbinePower(f): 6:24pm On May 16
sacajawea:

Who is that?

A man that believes and loves another man's ass
Re: The Mistake You Made In Life You Wouldn't Want Someone Else To Repeat by Procashtips(m): 6:24pm On May 16
Invest in Nigerian startups

Go close to anything that has to do with Agritech.

Do business with any clergyman or woman of Nigerian origin.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Mistake You Made In Life You Wouldn't Want Someone Else To Repeat by Fearurcreeator: 6:26pm On May 16
Kingrshd3:

Same here 😭
.infact then I see people approaching me to do it and this and that but because am not a bad boy I don't drink I don't smoke so my idea was that even if am rich what will I do with the money 🤔

I was around 23 to 27then 🤔

Now am around late 40s 😢

Still hustling
Never give up ...
Re: The Mistake You Made In Life You Wouldn't Want Someone Else To Repeat by Fearurcreeator: 6:27pm On May 16
masterfactor:
If you can find a way to negotiate with your creator, tell him that Africa expercially Nigeria is a no go area for you.
But the richest Blackman in the is from Nigeria ... I no gree...

1 Like

Re: The Mistake You Made In Life You Wouldn't Want Someone Else To Repeat by Lilfire(m): 6:27pm On May 16
Getting married so early in life,

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Mistake You Made In Life You Wouldn't Want Someone Else To Repeat by psalmylee(m): 6:28pm On May 16
freddie009:
Do what your mates are doing and when they are doing it. I know life is not a competition, trust me try run am when them they run am.
hmm..I concur to this...this one touch me I swear

2 Likes

Re: The Mistake You Made In Life You Wouldn't Want Someone Else To Repeat by ellizy(m): 6:29pm On May 16
Knowing how to play sport bets. My biggest regret in life 😢

5 Likes

Re: The Mistake You Made In Life You Wouldn't Want Someone Else To Repeat by Naijaepic: 6:31pm On May 16

sacajawea:

What Year did you get that Degree?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

2022 Ernst And Young (EY) Graduate Trainee Recruitment. / Bus Crashes In Delta Killing All On-Board (pictures) / Man Kills Wife For Sleeping With Native Doctor !!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.