Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,767 members, 7,851,620 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 01:15 AM

The Mistake You Made In Life You Wouldn't Want Someone Else To Repeat - Nairaland / General (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / The Mistake You Made In Life You Wouldn't Want Someone Else To Repeat (25129 Views)

Mention One Mistake You Made That Cost You Alot In Life. / What Are The Most Important Lessons You Have Learnt In Life? / What's Your Biggest Regret In Life So Far? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Mistake You Made In Life You Wouldn't Want Someone Else To Repeat by Teejaney88(m): 8:51pm On May 16
Most of Our parents were also ignorant of these things so they couldn't tell us, well, we're learning it the hard way. At least we can't allow our children to thread this ignorant path...
Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed
Not learning a skill........

Anytime I think of the time I wasted in poly,I just shed cold tears within.......Coulda learnt a skill before going to poly but nobody really sat me down to advice me..........

Dear youngies,the best advice anyone can ever give to you is that -"go and learn a skill". You may not understand how important it is at this moment,but trust me,with time, you'll get to know how valuable it is..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Mistake You Made In Life You Wouldn't Want Someone Else To Repeat by Damisam93(m): 8:53pm On May 16
Warning! Warning!! Warning!!! This is for guys anyway if you want to go far in life stay away from sex till you are married, my little cent.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Mistake You Made In Life You Wouldn't Want Someone Else To Repeat by Maxxim: 8:53pm On May 16
LeeSmart:
As for me, for someone starting from the scratch. When you start making money, let's say hundreds of thousands ... never let your family or friends know yet, invest some of the funds into what gave you the initial money without having a second thought, and seek for more updates.

Let's hear from some of our elders in the house.
I think I'm guilty of this
Re: The Mistake You Made In Life You Wouldn't Want Someone Else To Repeat by Maxxim: 9:02pm On May 16
TrainPark:
Married a narcissist on the verge of turning an evening newspaper.
She love bombed me and was well disguised to get me to marry her.

12 out of the 13 years of marriage was hell on earth. I did everything that I would normally never do from drinking alcohol to finding comfort on the breasts of oloshos just to survive and retain sanity.

Gave her heaven on earth hoping she will change since we already had kids. I took the mugu abroad only for her to dump me there leaving me with two young kids as a single father in a strange land.

I thank God she left the kids for me and I was alert to avoid any police case in oyibo land. I also thank God that she left.

I thank God that I met a beautiful smallie who is the best step mom for my kids and the peace of mind for me.

I thank God for a second chance to enjoy life, peace, and real love of spouse and children.

Watch the partner you are planning to marry with utmost caution. IT IS THE MOST IMPORTANT DECISION OF YOUR EARTHLY LIFE!

Seeing all this women with their innocent looks, don't be deceived.
I've met a lot of women this year compared to the past and all I see are people trying to suck my peace of mind out of me, none of them ever cared about how you get your shit done or ones mental health, seems another year to focus and enjoy myself more

5 Likes

Re: The Mistake You Made In Life You Wouldn't Want Someone Else To Repeat by Lifemanage: 9:07pm On May 16
Scamburster:

It really deal with me at my early stage, annoying introvert and timid at the same time. but thank God sha.
I regret this too...but ruggedity and street sense pays. This is the best thread for today. Taking notes

4 Likes

Re: The Mistake You Made In Life You Wouldn't Want Someone Else To Repeat by Sirseedorf(m): 9:08pm On May 16
Used my whole teen and early 20s life working in a different company just to gather money for admission, after gaining admission, paying school fees and other primary needs becomes harder, i had to stay back at school due to shame, imagine out of four semester I paid for only one semester, now am through with school and the struggles continues, coming from a poor family is a big setback to ones progress.

10 Likes

Re: The Mistake You Made In Life You Wouldn't Want Someone Else To Repeat by Lolaabokoku(f): 9:25pm On May 16
Splitting expenses with a man

1 Like

Re: The Mistake You Made In Life You Wouldn't Want Someone Else To Repeat by Nkekud22: 9:31pm On May 16
[b][/b] Not Learning a skill when yuonger

2 Likes

Re: The Mistake You Made In Life You Wouldn't Want Someone Else To Repeat by tyup(m): 9:31pm On May 16
Myclubmycash:

To the younger people, your elders are not always right. Sometimes, you need to be resilient and not look for people's opinions, especially when you are pursuing your dreams.

Aswear. I'm chasing a dream and passion now and some folks are telling me here what if it's not God's plan for you?? tor tell me God's plan now, they're not saying anything

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Mistake You Made In Life You Wouldn't Want Someone Else To Repeat by tyup(m): 9:35pm On May 16
BJanta:

Marrying the woman I married. An innocent girl turned out to be all ache and pain.

Sorry to ask, what's still keeping you in it??
Re: The Mistake You Made In Life You Wouldn't Want Someone Else To Repeat by Thomthom(m): 9:45pm On May 16
My kids will not do any Government work be it FG, State ,or LG.. The salary na suffer head if you like be HOD of department no level..

3 Likes

Re: The Mistake You Made In Life You Wouldn't Want Someone Else To Repeat by tyup(m): 9:53pm On May 16
sammiewrite:
Prioritize investing in/associating with the M gender and you'll never regret it. They're the ones that genuinely cares and understands reciprocity. My first gift I got ever in my life was a perfume and complimentary card way back in 2006. The last gift I got was a 100k cash gift last year from a friend from undergraduate days. I have also got friends who employed me in their firm when I was out of job. As recently as yesterday, a brother of one my friends sent me a job link that pays £18/hr. For any of these men, I don't think I did a lot or anything at all, I don't even think I deserve any of the things they did for me.

In contrast, I have a female sibling from the other gender who I tied my personal growth down for five years just to make sure she becomes a lawyer. Today she is a lawyer and recently got 500k free cash from her state government. Even ordinary belt, she didn't deem it fit to get me as a token of appreciation.

Lol It's good you learnt the hard way

2 Likes

Re: The Mistake You Made In Life You Wouldn't Want Someone Else To Repeat by NAC1666: 9:53pm On May 16
LeeSmart:
As for me, for someone starting from the scratch. When you start making money, let's say hundreds of thousands ... never let your family or friends know yet, invest some of the funds into what gave you the initial money without having a second thought, and seek for more updates.

Masturbating and not nacking by best friend
Re: The Mistake You Made In Life You Wouldn't Want Someone Else To Repeat by ViceGovernor: 9:55pm On May 16
Emmanuel909090:
Avoid poor people as much as you can.

Let the poor marry the poor.

They are ungrateful, entitled bastards.
Whoever mocks the poor shows contempt for their maker.

He who gives gifts to the rich and takes from the poor, both shall come to penury.

Some people are poor not by their own doing or choice why would you hate such persons.

9 Likes

Re: The Mistake You Made In Life You Wouldn't Want Someone Else To Repeat by IAmHim1: 10:03pm On May 16
1) Believing that God, a mighty spiritual being could be found in an ordinary physical building called a church. Tithes offerings aren't supposed to be paid to pastors but to the less privilege around you. The reason you're a Christian is BECAUSE YOU WERE BORN IN A CHRISTIAN FAMILY. If you were born in a Muslim family, 8/10 you'd be a Muslim now.

Muslims don't pay tithe but they're richer than most Christians that pay to their pastors. Where's the truth in 10% to an already fat person that called him/herself 'pastor'

2) Not being appreciative. I thought the world revolved around me and people would also think like me. I didn't know that most of the people that helped me were not in abundance like I thought and I also didn't know that most of the people that helped me did so in pain and goodwill from their heart. I wasn't appreciative enough. That made me entitled to what wasn't mine

3) men are mostly logical and women are emotional creatures. Logic deals with reasoning while emotions deals purely with feelings. You don't reason with emotions. Kudos to Ubunja and Pukkalolo for bringing me this far.

4) the one ring to rule them all is FREE ELECTRICITY. I'll explain more in the future, God willing

5) For all the financial markets,be it bonds, stocks, futures, Bitcoin, deriv synthetic, any financial markets at all, it's TIME first and PRICE later

The x axis of your charts is TIME(killzones, new York opening time as REAL OPEN TIME, macros, silver bullets, time distortions etc) while the Y axis is price (order block, breakers , mitigation etc)

I discovered this after painful yearsss of trial and error in the markets and inner circle trader tried teaching me in countless of his lectures both on YouTube and his private mentorship

I know this seems like too much..but I write this with pain in my heart that you can't imagine. I hop it settles in the heart of the right person who will finally see

All my topics and posts. All I have ever written and will ever write, are my life lessons.
Do with it what you should

LeeSmart:

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Mistake You Made In Life You Wouldn't Want Someone Else To Repeat by MichaelBlake40: 10:07pm On May 16
okito:
Not studying hard enough. I was complacent, probably still. Never studied until I had an exam time table. That cost me some precious marks. I could have made 1st class but I didn't study hard enough. I had the potential energy but didn't kinetise it enough. I knew I could never fail an exam but I missed out on top grades that I should have gotten. Graduated with 2.1 but I regret not doing what I should have done. It would have definitely set me up for better opportunities.
Same thing with me, although mine was worse as I graduated with 2.2. I was very depressed about not graduating with at least 2.1.
Re: The Mistake You Made In Life You Wouldn't Want Someone Else To Repeat by emmaodet: 10:27pm On May 16
IamHonourable1:
I married a woman based on the misconception that she would be a responsible woman just for the fact that she was raised by teachers who are her foster parents.She was in marriage and still jumped from one married man to another, about few months back, I just discovered she's a lesbian (although I had been suspecting her,I even asked her and she denied it).I also caught her with a intimacy gadget (very big vibrating preek). Coming across that woman is my greatest regret in life.

Chaii

Osonobiaaaa!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Mistake You Made In Life You Wouldn't Want Someone Else To Repeat by abobss7(m): 11:01pm On May 16
I need your help please

IkeGod9891:
Betting addiction. It nearly killed me. I even went suicide but death said not yet. But i have conquered.

I can help anyone in need of it.
Re: The Mistake You Made In Life You Wouldn't Want Someone Else To Repeat by Jajasabali(m): 11:03pm On May 16
PointZerom:

Chai, this is touchy. Just like me. I started making money at early age but not knowing what to do with the money except clubbing, drinking, fashion and woman. No one to mentor me on investment.

Thank God I later discovered myself and start investing.
How did you discover yourself

Re: The Mistake You Made In Life You Wouldn't Want Someone Else To Repeat by ezewealth(m): 11:06pm On May 16
Olichoke:
Not going into business immediately after NYSC.
I swear, this is were I failed

1 Like

Re: The Mistake You Made In Life You Wouldn't Want Someone Else To Repeat by Damian911: 11:06pm On May 16
Reading..........
Re: The Mistake You Made In Life You Wouldn't Want Someone Else To Repeat by EzekielAkins: 11:32pm On May 16
LeeSmart:

Never!
I repeat Never involve urself in bet or Loan Apps!!!

I learnt the hard way!

4 Likes

Re: The Mistake You Made In Life You Wouldn't Want Someone Else To Repeat by Dolorsa: 11:33pm On May 16
Gadafii:
Not learning a skill or handwork before I went to school, I have made a promise to myself my children must be equipped with relevant skills first before higher school

Skills that could fetch them income regularly, school will not help you beat poverty or brokenness, it will only beat illiteracy
Try and learn forex trading. It will make you financially independent for life.

2 Likes

Re: The Mistake You Made In Life You Wouldn't Want Someone Else To Repeat by Dolorsa: 11:37pm On May 16
Coolestguy2023:
The mistake i made is that i started forex at a time when i was in some financial crisis so it affected my trading.
work on your psychology and strategy. Never force trades. Less is more in trading
Re: The Mistake You Made In Life You Wouldn't Want Someone Else To Repeat by Kingrshd3: 12:24am On May 17
BeigJawnson:

When we talk of education, it is in stages. Stage one is to know how to read and write... So once you can read and write, follow your passion...

At most times, when we are filled to do what we have passions for, it is our destiny speaking not we...

Exactly you got the point ☝️

1 Like

Re: The Mistake You Made In Life You Wouldn't Want Someone Else To Repeat by Longpriq: 1:05am On May 17
odi1278:
Never marry from a poor background and avoid only girl in a home of three brothers upwards.
Hhmmn can you shed more light on this? whats ur experience
Re: The Mistake You Made In Life You Wouldn't Want Someone Else To Repeat by Emmanuel909090: 1:07am On May 17
ViceGovernor:

Whoever mocks the poor shows contempt for their maker.

He who gives gifts to the rich and takes from the poor, both shall come to penury.

Some people are poor not by their own doing or choice why would you hate such persons.

Nobody hates the poor, but avoid the poor as much as you can.

3 Likes

Re: The Mistake You Made In Life You Wouldn't Want Someone Else To Repeat by Albinoflash(m): 1:10am On May 17
Everyday of my life has been filled with regrets,but I say this with all my heart's,pls for anyone reading this,try and say a prayer atleast a short one everyday for gamblers, Gambling addiction is the worst thing that can destroy any man dead or alive,it reduces ur worth to almost zero and can even take your life if u aren't lucky,this thing is pandemic and needs to be addressed all over the world

7 Likes

Re: The Mistake You Made In Life You Wouldn't Want Someone Else To Repeat by Albinoflash(m): 1:14am On May 17
I have lost 12years of my life to gambling and just two days ago I decided I have to quit no matter what I have lost ,I just have to let go... wether I get my life back or not gambling is not an option it only gets worse

4 Likes

Re: The Mistake You Made In Life You Wouldn't Want Someone Else To Repeat by olorunlekewale: 1:40am On May 17
Gambling on sportybet and Ilotbet and losing so much money in the process. Stay away from online gambling for your own good.
Ignoring observed character flaws of your partner thinking that you will change her/him. Sorry, you can't change anybody. Leave Change for APC.

13 Likes

Re: The Mistake You Made In Life You Wouldn't Want Someone Else To Repeat by LalastiklaIa(m): 2:13am On May 17
Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed
Not learning a skill........

Anytime I think of the time I wasted in poly,I just shed cold tears within.......Coulda learnt a skill before going to poly but nobody really sat me down to advice me..........

Dear youngies,the best advice anyone can ever give to you is that -"go and learn a skill". You may not understand how important it is at this moment,but trust me,with time, you'll get to know how valuable it is..

Every time go learn a skill, skill, skill, skill!

Which mumu skill sef? You Dey tell person say you Dey face one or two. Next thing go and learn a skill. Na paper dem dey use learn the SKILL?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Mistake You Made In Life You Wouldn't Want Someone Else To Repeat by LalastiklaIa(m): 2:21am On May 17
maasoap:
Waiting at home after secondary school for seven years to get admission to study a particular course which I ended up not getting grin grin grin.

Stupid medicine and surgery has wasted time for people

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Bus Crashes In Delta Killing All On-Board (pictures) / Man Kills Wife For Sleeping With Native Doctor !! / How To Get Rid Of Bed Bugs: Home Remedies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.