Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,758 members, 7,824,182 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:13 AM

UK, Amnesty International Kick Against Nigeria’s Anti man-lover Law - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / UK, Amnesty International Kick Against Nigeria’s Anti man-lover Law (15821 Views)

Emefiele Should Resign - Save Nigeria Anti-Corruption Initiative / Politicisation Of Boko Haram Insurgency, Bane Of Nigeria’s Anti-terror Fight / Obama Fights Nigerian Anti-man-lover Bill, Threatens To Cut Off Aid - Forbes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK, Amnesty International Kick Against Nigeria’s Anti man-lover Law by safarigirl(f): 2:23am On Dec 02, 2011
Perhaps the Brits hve forgotten the meaning ☺₣ the word 'sovereignty', or it only applies to world powers.  would like to see them spit such BS to China or Iran. Mtchew
Re: UK, Amnesty International Kick Against Nigeria’s Anti man-lover Law by honeric01(m): 2:51am On Dec 02, 2011
IS POLYGAMY LEGAL IN THE US, CANADA AND THE UK? if no, then they should all shut up together and forever remain silent, useless set of people!
Re: UK, Amnesty International Kick Against Nigeria’s Anti man-lover Law by iykak47: 3:30am On Dec 02, 2011
Britain should focus on their failing economy  and leave Nigeria alone.
Does britain support polygamy? (two consenting adults} no. Those
people are bunch of  hypocrites.

If homo is cool, why most countries in the west dont allow gays
to donate blood?
I dont understand why this man called david cameron is too
serious about this issue. IS CAMERON ONE OF THOSE  THAT CAUSE PILE TO THEIR FELLOW MEN? cheesy

'follow follow' American servant, Britain a country that follows America like zombie
has no right to teach Nigeria on what is right or wrong.
As for that high commisioner, he needs a bloody nose and mouth for insulting Nigeria in our own soil.
Re: UK, Amnesty International Kick Against Nigeria’s Anti man-lover Law by EkoIle1: 3:44am On Dec 02, 2011
Nigeria is fast turning into a banana republic. The world is moving forward while Nigeria is moving backward.

What do you expect from ignorant, backward, unsophisticated and homophobic bigots? They wont pass bills to move Nigeria forward or help the common man, but they'll quickly pass bass to show the world how backward and homophobic they are.
Re: UK, Amnesty International Kick Against Nigeria’s Anti man-lover Law by daroz(m): 4:05am On Dec 02, 2011
It is an insult to Nigeria for british to say they wont condole such a bill. Wait, I dont get it, what are they even taking us for? It would have been a different ball game if they are only trying to persuade us, but with that statement they are trying to forcefully impose their immoral will on us, and I really feel pesonally offended. They should take all their stupid aid to their ass hole. Nigeria may be behind in several aspect, but we have not degerated to such a low moral state. I really love David Mark comment on NTA network news yestarday.
Re: UK, Amnesty International Kick Against Nigeria’s Anti man-lover Law by occam(m): 4:40am On Dec 02, 2011
Sagamite:

More of the useless moronic arguments!

see what the cat dragged in! Spews gibberish and nothing more. SMH
Re: UK, Amnesty International Kick Against Nigeria’s Anti man-lover Law by occam(m): 5:06am On Dec 02, 2011
cap28:

where was amnesia international when blacks were being slaughtered in libya?

all of sudden they are all over nigeria because we refuse to tolerate intimate deviance as the norm, you only have to look at how their social structure has collapsed to understand the damage that homosexuality creates for society.

What collapsed social struture? And you believe this silly, hateful bill by NASS can reverse the moral decadence in our own society? Don't listen to that noise.
These "ghana must go bag legislooters" are only passing this bill to divert attention from doing their real job: the business of improving Nigeria.
Re: UK, Amnesty International Kick Against Nigeria’s Anti man-lover Law by Nobody: 5:39am On Dec 02, 2011
occam:

Don't waste your time on that dummy!

They cry against how blacks are being discriminated against in the world and blahblahblah, whereas they too are doing the same to man-lover people, which I found very funny to say the least.  It is clear to reasonable minds that these leaders are bigots and incompetent to move the country forward to the path of progress.
Re: UK, Amnesty International Kick Against Nigeria’s Anti man-lover Law by sugar001(f): 6:36am On Dec 02, 2011
This people should leave Nigeria alone.
Re: UK, Amnesty International Kick Against Nigeria’s Anti man-lover Law by mystikal(m): 6:52am On Dec 02, 2011
The 14 year jail term is for those homosex.uals who marry, right?
In other words you can practise this act but you can't get married abi?

*Sounds fair if thats the case*
Re: UK, Amnesty International Kick Against Nigeria’s Anti man-lover Law by lonamy: 7:16am On Dec 02, 2011
The british Government had forgotten their begining and the belief their Great fore fathers held on to that made them Great.

The laws of God have diminished in their minds and they no longer fair God anymore, that is why their economy is nose diving. They are now looking up to China to help them. Read Isaiah 30:1-3 and Isaiah 31:1-3.

It is finished for UK, they can not be there anymore, they will soon come to Nigeria to beg for aids. What kind of aid will UK give to Nigeria, to hell with them and their aids, who need them. Their ambassador should be set packing out of Nigeria, stupid people.

Generations of vipers.
Re: UK, Amnesty International Kick Against Nigeria’s Anti man-lover Law by Sagamite(m): 7:28am On Dec 02, 2011
kabukabu50:

Taking a quick snapshot of all the comments that you can always find on Nairaland involving certain issues such as this one, which is basically a non-issue,its pretty easy to come to the conclusion that
1)Most nigerians are ill informed on a variety of issues.
2)Most nigerians would'nt comprehend the fact that certain issues are wedges used by crooked sly politicians to serve as rallying points to restore falling confidence.
Hear me out on this,and its used in every political machine in every country wink

Politicians feed off public support,if for some reason they have any feeling that it is waning, even the slightest, time to wheel out a wedge issue, like , oh, (Covers mouth and ears,for the nairaland sensor nazis) grin, "Homosexuality".
And bamm,bob's your uncle, the feeding frenzy begins and all the hitherto,relatively smart citizens, go crazy for blood. grin
Quickly forgetting that,
1)Those same politicians are stacking away the hard earned wealth of the country into their pockets.
2)Unemployment is at an all time high
3)After decades of promises, basic working infrastrutures like 24/7 electricity and water are non existent in a country that ships over 500,000 barrels of black gold a day

And the great "unwashed" spit fire and brimestone about "homosexuality"
nigerians are better than this charade of clowns, at least thats what I want to believe, thats what my heart says, but again and again, my mind confirms the truth, that the eternal damnation of nigeria will not come at the hand of its politicians but at the hands of its masses sad

Until they refuse the status quo from what they see and hear, and see things for what they really are, ploys to undermine public revolution against these stool pigeons.

Utter load of jargons!

None of your brain cells told you that the politicians did it because it is as revolting practice to them and against their value system as to majority of Nigerians.

None of your brain cells told you that the politicians did it because majority of Nigerians want it.

None of your brain cells told you that the politicians had to do it because it was becoming an issue globally due to the pressures from a morally decadent West to accept the filth.

None of your brain cells told you that the politicians did it becausethe Nigerian poofs are getting bolder and more public, trying to start a movement.

You compiled these whole load of cretinous jargons without using the brain cells to think of these causes and you thought it was an intelligent post?

Eko Ile:

Nigeria is fast turning into a banana republic. The world is moving forward while Nigeria is moving backward.

What do you expect from ignorant, backward, unsophisticated and homophobic bigots? They wont pass bills to move Nigeria forward or help the common man, but they'll quickly pass bass to show the world how backward and homophobic they are.

{Drums} tutututudududududu

The F.A.G is here! grin grin grin grin grin

Get asylum in UK and you can practice your filth there. grin

Nigeria is a "No Poof Zone"! cheesy

occam:

Continue chatting shyt on a thread I am on and see how you would be disgraced.

all4naija:

Don't waste your time on that dummy!

They cry against how blacks are being discriminated against in the world and blahblahblah, whereas they too are doing the same to man-lover people, which I found very funny to say the least.  It is clear to reasonable minds that these leaders are bigots and incompetent to move the country forward to the path of progress.

You are a cretin!

Since when did you think it makes sense to compare filthy deviancy to black people? Foooooooooooooooool!
Re: UK, Amnesty International Kick Against Nigeria’s Anti man-lover Law by Baawaa(m): 8:33am On Dec 02, 2011
dat country called England will soon fall,and will not again rise!
Re: UK, Amnesty International Kick Against Nigeria’s Anti man-lover Law by Slimchase(m): 8:45am On Dec 02, 2011
Does it mean dia re no Homo-gays in da house ?
Oya ol d Gays letz hia una own side of comment too !
Punk-Ass-Ashhole-Bleepers-Mudafurker Set of People !!
Gay-Lovers my foot , when Very Presh Pu55ies of diferent sizes full everywhr begging 4 a thorough Bleeping !
Re: UK, Amnesty International Kick Against Nigeria’s Anti man-lover Law by Sagamite(m): 8:57am On Dec 02, 2011
Slimchase:

Does it mean dia re no Homo-man-loving-men in da house ?
Oya ol d man-loving-men letz hia una own side of comment too !
Punk-Bottom-Ashhole-Bleepers-Mudafurker Set of People !!
man-lover-Lovers my foot , when Very Presh Pu55ies of diferent sizes full everywhr begging 4 a thorough Bleeping !

There is: Eko-Ile!
Re: UK, Amnesty International Kick Against Nigeria’s Anti man-lover Law by Humphreydis(m): 9:12am On Dec 02, 2011
I think d british prime minister david cameron shud seize his bilateral aid to nigeria nd use it to clean his ass hole nd flush it down his toilet, cheesy, BILATERAL AID MY FOOT!!
Re: UK, Amnesty International Kick Against Nigeria’s Anti man-lover Law by stagger: 9:15am On Dec 02, 2011
Stupid ambassador. He should take his comments and shove it up his gay ass!
Re: UK, Amnesty International Kick Against Nigeria’s Anti man-lover Law by unclenna(m): 9:42am On Dec 02, 2011
britain should die, the west should blow into pieces. They want us to introduce what will bring the anger of GOD against us. Thank God our law makers did not take there advice.
Re: UK, Amnesty International Kick Against Nigeria’s Anti man-lover Law by Kakatazz(f): 9:51am On Dec 02, 2011
I have read this post critically and sorta reason with the West.They should be allowed to practice their sexuality freely without being subjected to ridicule.However Nigeria has more pressing issues to address than this Anti Gay bill.What I do not really like about the whole thing is the imposition of laws on Africa by the West which to me is an illuminati style and thought.The thought that they are above any other and what they want they must get.Why must the western Aids be tied to something? It is so colonial.
Re: UK, Amnesty International Kick Against Nigeria’s Anti man-lover Law by Chiori(m): 9:53am On Dec 02, 2011
I would so much love this break with Western aid. That would wake us up to realities of today and enable us undertake austerity measures with a national vision or focus.
Re: UK, Amnesty International Kick Against Nigeria’s Anti man-lover Law by klas(m): 10:15am On Dec 02, 2011
I think we should give this man the same treatment Black Scorpion gave his compatriot. Shave his head and let him write ten thousand times - " I am just a nosy bloody englishman, I have no say in Nigerian affairs".

UK that criminalised a woman having 2 husbands or a man having more than 1 wife, now just realised that anti-homo is anti-human rights!

The funny thing about all these homo supporters is that they have all been born. If their parents had taken homo way, at least the world would have been saved of these irritating rantings.
Re: UK, Amnesty International Kick Against Nigeria’s Anti man-lover Law by Frendys(m): 10:52am On Dec 02, 2011
The passage of this bill is revealing the intents of the western countries and their hypocritical attitudes towards the African countries and Nigeria in particular.

This Bill is very dangerous indeed. This is predicated on the fact that many of these bigots in our midst will no longer have a conducive atmosphere to practise their illicit and unnatural acts. They now have the wherewhital to massively migrate to the UK and other once civilized but now barbaric countries. This anticipated migration is not good for their economy that is already weakened. But their migration is good for us in the country, because it is good riddance to bad rubbish! cool

Their opposition to the bill is thus understandable if it could viewed from this prism: The countries that promote these bigots will face untold hardships from the influx of these unnatural human beings and their associated practices that are inimical to any society they are found.

But their destruction and hypocrisy will be further compounded when these bigots,who are moving out in drove to their already battered economy, are refused entry visa. Then the world bodies and institutions will begin to condemn the UK and these crazy countries for not having enough reasons to refuse them entry. Even the Iranian President will laugh them to scorn. tongue

And unfortunately these evil countries continue to send their evil Ambassadors to Nigeria. I even remember a particular one who was opposed to our President, GEJ. But should our President accede to their request he will have to one day face God and ccount for his stewardship. Besides the people and the generation to come will judge him for the decision he takes at a time like this.

Every country has to protect and promote her own interest and Nigeria is no excemption! grin

Homosexuality will not take root in Nigeria.
Re: UK, Amnesty International Kick Against Nigeria’s Anti man-lover Law by Nigerd(m): 10:59am On Dec 02, 2011
To Hell with Them,

They should go on and practice what they like

but Nigerian says NO to Gay marriages
Re: UK, Amnesty International Kick Against Nigeria’s Anti man-lover Law by TheDukson: 11:01am On Dec 02, 2011
If he is so concerned about human rights, why do they deny the rights of polygamists in their country? They should legalise polygamy and allow those who wish to marry multiple spouses to do so rather than denying their fundamental human rights to do so.
Re: UK, Amnesty International Kick Against Nigeria’s Anti man-lover Law by saraj(f): 11:07am On Dec 02, 2011
I don't understand. The bill is an anti gayy marriage bill,
but gayy mariiages are illegal anyway. You can't even get
married if you wanted to. It all dosen't make sense to me
to be honest

I was under the impression that the bill meant that anyone
found to be practicing homosexuality would be sentenced to
14 years imprisonment,
which seemed a bit severe by the way.
Re: UK, Amnesty International Kick Against Nigeria’s Anti man-lover Law by Obi1kenobi(m): 11:13am On Dec 02, 2011
As usual, the overwhelming majority on this thread show what I've always asserted: people deserve the leaders they get. It's funny how we attribute our anti-homosexual resolve to christian/ islamic morality and our culture and slating the morally decadent West while forgetting this intrusive morality is espoused by religions borrowed from foreign cultures. If you clowns are right about the evil of homosexuality, surely the eternal damnation awaiting those who practise it should suffice rather than actively intruding in one's personal preference however immoral your religion tells you it is.

You're getting conned big time by a group of incompetent, idle politicians playing on your sentiments. I truly despair for this country at times (actually, all the time) when I read threads like this. We're exposing our ignorance to the whole world and beating our chests proudly while doing it. What a shame. I thought christians should be the persecuted ones. This ignorant nation makes a complete mockery of that assertion with our prejudice, bigotry, intolerance and narrow-mindedness.
Re: UK, Amnesty International Kick Against Nigeria’s Anti man-lover Law by saraj(f): 11:14am On Dec 02, 2011
I just want to point out that homosexuality is very
much as common in Nigeria as the West.
It is just done in the closet. I would bet my life
on it that there are many men in Nigeria who are
married with children that are closet homosexuals,
like the way many men in the West were some
years ago when it was more conservative.

I don't condone homophobia or discrimination
of any kind by the way.
Re: UK, Amnesty International Kick Against Nigeria’s Anti man-lover Law by Chiori(m): 11:22am On Dec 02, 2011
sara j:

I just want to point out that homosexuality is very
much as common in Nigeria as the West.
It is just done in the closet. I would bet my life
on it that there are many men in Nigeria who are
married with children that are closet homosexuals,
like the way many men in the West were some
years ago when it was more conservative.

I don't condone homophobia or discrimination
of any kind by the way.
So lets paint a scenario, that it was legalized in Nigeria, and you are married. You get home to find your husband being plugged in the butt by a man. How would you be after that?
Re: UK, Amnesty International Kick Against Nigeria’s Anti man-lover Law by Obi1kenobi(m): 11:34am On Dec 02, 2011
Frendys:

The passage of this bill is revealing the intents of the western countries and their hypocritical attitudes towards the African countries and Nigeria in particular.

This Bill is very dangerous indeed. This is predicated on the fact that many of these bigots in our midst will no longer have a conducive atmosphere to practise their illicit and unnatural acts. They now have the wherewhital to massively migrate to the UK and other once civilized but now barbaric countries. This anticipated migration is not good for their economy that is already weakened. But their migration is good for us in the country, because it is good riddance to bad rubbish! cool

Their opposition to the bill is thus understandable if it could viewed from this prism: The countries that promote these bigots will face untold hardships from the influx of these unnatural human beings and their associated practices that are inimical to any society they are found.

But their destruction and hypocrisy will be further compounded when these bigots,who are moving out in drove to their already battered economy, are refused entry visa. Then the world bodies and institutions will begin to condemn the UK and these crazy countries for not having enough reasons to refuse them entry. Even the Iranian President will laugh them to scorn. tongue

And unfortunately these evil countries continue to send their evil Ambassadors to Nigeria. I even remember a particular one who was opposed to our President, GEJ. But should our President accede to their request he will have to one day face God and ccount for his stewardship. Besides the people and the generation to come will judge him for the decision he takes at a time like this.

Every country has to protect and promote her own interest and Nigeria is no excemption! grin

Homosexuality will not take root in Nigeria.

Do you even understand the meaning of the word "bigotry"? It's a word you've used multiple times in this post and you obviously don't understand what it means because you'll have appreciated the irony considering your post is the ultimate form of bigotry. A human being looking to live his PERSONAL life as he/she sees fit isn't a bigot. A sanctimonious individual looking to deny him/her that right like most here are doing is a bigot.
Re: UK, Amnesty International Kick Against Nigeria’s Anti man-lover Law by vascey(m): 12:24pm On Dec 02, 2011
@Occam, there is nothing wrong with your standpoint.
As an African and a Christian, I abhor any and every act/form of homosexuality.
But as a government, the NASS should be more concerned with upholding human rights which this homosexuality bill seems to threaten. Granted!
However, everyone should understand that this is a democracy in a sovereign state- Government of the people for the people and by the people.
There is a process of law making and this has been duly followed.
From the sentiments of everyone (majority- me included) here, it is obvious that the stance of our NASS reflects the opinion of the people.
If we were to have a national referendum, you would see that majority of us would vote in favour of a law making homosexuality illegal.

That is the beauty of democracy- WE MAKE THE LAWS WE LIKE AS A PEOPLE WITHOUT UNDUE INTERFERENCE FROM ANY BLOO.DY COUNTRY OR NGO

Now, if you want to influence the law making process, there is adequate provision for lobbyists, hearings and all what not. Anyone with dissenting views should channel their complaints through those means.

But for a FREAKING AMBASSADOR to tell us that the laws made by our REPRESENTATIVES would not be CONDONED by her majesty's government, it truly undermines the sovereignty, democracy and the real rights of the Nigerian Government and her people. It means we don't matter, our morals don't matter, our cultures don't matter, and our opinions do not matter. THAT IS UNACCEPTABLE.

The guy should be thrown out of the country jare. HOHA!!!
Re: UK, Amnesty International Kick Against Nigeria’s Anti man-lover Law by saraj(f): 12:26pm On Dec 02, 2011
Chiori:

So lets paint a scenario, that it was legalized in Nigeria, and you are married. You get home to find your husband being plugged in the butt by a man. How would you be after that?

I don't understand the question. What are you getting at?
If homosexualism were more accepted in Nigeria, then
there would be a lot less closet Same-sex men in
heterosexual marriages living a lie. It is unfair to the
woman who is unknowingly in a sham marriage and
unfair to the man for having to keep up the pretence
to please x y and z and more importantly unfair to
the offspring.
Re: UK, Amnesty International Kick Against Nigeria’s Anti man-lover Law by eghost247(m): 12:33pm On Dec 02, 2011
really waiting to see how this one plays out,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Police Arrest 59 IPOB Members In Abia, Say Members Will Be Tried As Terrorists / The Double Standard Of Presidential Aide, Lauretta Onochie (video) / Tinubu Urges FG To Declare Public Holiday For PVC Collection

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.