Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,918 members, 7,952,684 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 09:08 PM

Travelling To Canada-part2 - Travel (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada-part2 (214927 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (101) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by jman77(m): 11:53am On Jan 26, 2012
@all,@newmecca, please i heard something and its quite scared o.is it true that all laminated document will be rejected in any visa application in any embassy? My guy! abeg all my document are laminated cos of wear o.help your advise please.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by cycline404(m): 1:41pm On Jan 26, 2012
jman77:

@all,@newmecca, please i heard something and its quite scared o.is it true that all laminated document will be rejected in any visa application in any embassy? My guy! abeg all my document are laminated cos of wear o.help your advise please.

My brother dont let what you hear scared u man, Laminating a document doesnt make it face it only preserve it from tear and damages, So leave that and keep praying jo,
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by mxxpunkxx: 4:08pm On Jan 26, 2012
@newacca

i am postin just coz of u specifically. i took my time to read all 12pages of this part. I must say am really impressed, it's more fun in here (and less spam) than the USA thread. i saw when u adviced imperiouxx, he's my very good friend outside Nairaland

I was sad to hear ur application has to be moved forward cos of the medical test (which u tot was history 8yrs ago). u know shit happens, Do you remember Kanu Nwankwo (when they discovered about his heart) and that prompted him to establish the KHF (Kanu Heart Foundation). U know bad tinz in life are the steppingstones u need, a tunnel that leads you all the way out of the darkness into the light (of much better days).

I have also decided to go to Canada for my studies. I have a lot of universities on my minds. I haven't made an application yet cos am sponsoring myself. I could easily get a sponsor to show the embassy a bank account statement, but heaven knows I'm on my own when I get there. Right now, am not in the best of circumstances, so I have to wait for at least 3mths. And by then, I think it would be too late to apply for the Fall 2012 semester (due to the fact that CDHC are slow-croaches).

So am making you a promise, I'll wait with you and we'll do this ish together. Just let me know the school you're looking at and I will start preparin. So we are this together, ehn! So be of good cheer. You are not alone, everything is gonna work out fine!
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by jman77(m): 6:41pm On Jan 26, 2012
@cycline,Wa shere joo! All these rumour mongers no get base.

@newmecca,wassup wassup na papa GOD put you ontop ontop yieeee!
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by newacca: 9:05pm On Jan 26, 2012
@Kazlam,
wow! cheesy coincidentally,I'm also a prospective student of Stouffville college. Well,if the college insist u shld re-apply,then re-apply if you r still interested in d same schl. At times it's necessary for Man to settle some scores. It's part of those things bro. Act fast and re-apply. We are 2geda Bro. As it is in my case now,it's like d college gotta request I also re-apply when I am through with my medical issue in 2013 (God willing) So,we gotta keep tryn 2geda.
ciao

@jman77,
Thx. Man. My handle is NEWACCA not NEWMECCA Though I also like that new handle u gave me. coolNo qualms Bro. As long as ur dox are original. CDHC has ways of verifying dox. U knw references,#s,address,telephone# etc are on certs and dox. CDHC gotta understand why u got d dox laminated.

@mxxpunkxx,
Yahooooo! smileyI am proud to be a Nigerian no matter what. I feel the love here every time. The African blood flows. Nice 2 hear u r a Pal to imperiouxx outta nairaland. Good one! Hope u r hearing from him. cool dude. About my application and medical issue,thx 4 ur concern. God knows best and he always want d best for me and everyone of us. He's AS-SABUR( The Patient one) It has worked for me b4 and it always work 4 me everytime. Yea,Kanu's heart ailment springs him up to initiate d KHF. Interestingly,I have also started my own little charity according to my capacity and I dream of expanding it and reaching out to more orphans and destitute as time goes on(Insha Allah) Thanks for inspiring me. I am really feeling u. Being a self sponsor! Doctor confirms that my treatment may last 18mnths(1.5yr) which means June,2013. All d same,we gotta still merry 2geda when we get it( By God's grace)
U didnt follow d previous thread of travelling to Canada that's why U didnt unnerstand my full story. I applied for visa in April,2011 and was called 4 interview in 4th July,2011 got medical call on 13th July did medical on 27th July and responded to d DMP dat i've treated and cured of TB 8yrs ago. She noted this down and investigation continues concerning d ailment. In a nutshell,Doctor confirmed dat it relapses. I'm a prospective student of Stouffville college going for ACCA. Pls. let me knw when u get admn. and d school. Also,which prog.? Degree or master's or PGD?
ciao
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by allexy2: 10:45pm On Jan 26, 2012
@ All,

so, i just thought i shud share with u guys, hope u guy do not mind that my story is damn too long, OOOOoooops !
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by justwise(m): 11:00pm On Jan 26, 2012
allexy2:

@ All,

so, i just thought i shud share with u guys, hope u guy do not mind that my story is damn too long, OOOOoooops !

You are here to advertise MAPLE?
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by allexy2: 11:07pm On Jan 26, 2012
@ All

Now , this are my question to u guys in this forum

1 ) is there anybody here who is for january start date that have got medicals or TRV ? when is A) Start date B) dates of medicals ) C)dates TRV was issued ?

2) Was anybody called here for interveiw for january start date ?

3) what other method can one contact CDHC ? ( becos maple told me they no longer allow pple to come to thier office except if u are called, AND EMAILING THEM IS JUST SH*T )

4) DO u guys feel it is advisable to defer admission to another date ( my start date is jan 30 )

5) what do u guys think is happening at CDHC ? ( becos maple told me that even some of their sept client application is still with CDHC ). beside that, the national strike + ASUU strike don cause serious delay,

6 ) overall, what do u guys advise i shud do ?

Ur kind resposes is highly appreciated,

lastly, i got a Samsung tablet, so i can get to get in touch with u guys 24*7,
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by mxxpunkxx: 1:49am On Jan 27, 2012
@newacca
thanks so much , . . i could really go on and on - showering with praises for ur faith n' endurance
too bad i could not read the whole of episode1 of the Canada travel series . . . .

am gonna go thru 'em dis weekend . , nothing much to say for now

can we "conversate" (excuse my language) , send me ur email - xpzmich *at( yahoo :dot com / i would love to ask u some priva8 stuffs
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by mxxpunkxx: 1:53am On Jan 27, 2012
allexy2:

@ All

Now , this are my question to u guys in this forum

1 ) is there anybody here who is for january start date that have got medicals or TRV ? when is A) Start date B) dates of medicals ) C)dates TRV was issued ?

2) Was anybody called here for interveiw for january start date ?

3) what other method can one contact CDHC ? ( becos maple told me they no longer allow pple to come to thier office except if u are called, AND EMAILING THEM IS JUST excreta )

4) DO u guys feel it is advisable to defer admission to another date ( my start date is jan 30 )

5) what do u guys think is happening at CDHC ? ( becos maple told me that even some of their sept client application is still with CDHC ). beside that, the national strike + ASUU strike don cause serious delay,

6 ) overall, what do u guys advise i shud do ?

Ur kind resposes is highly appreciated,

lastly, [size=18pt]i got a Samsung tablet[/size], so i can get to get in touch with u guys 24*7,

I;ve got an iPhone 4s too . . even NewAcca has the BB Playbook . . . #mtscheeew
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by lee007(m): 2:08am On Jan 27, 2012
Been A while i came here, I am on ground now and school assignments is freaking us all out
@ Newacca I am glad you didnt let the delay get to you, its amazing you are still here trying to help other people out,
God will surely reward you. To everyone waiting, Good News on the way Cheers!
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by 2sexy(m): 3:36am On Jan 27, 2012
newacca:

@Kazlam,
wow! cheesy coincidentally,I'm also a prospective student of Stouffville college. Well,if the college insist u shld re-apply,then re-apply if you r still interested in d same schl. At times it's necessary for Man to settle some scores. It's part of those things bro. Act fast and re-apply. We are 2geda Bro. As it is in my case now,it's like d college gotta request I also re-apply when I am through with my medical issue in 2013 (God willing) So,we gotta keep tryn 2geda.
ciao

@jman77,
Thx. Man. My handle is NEWACCA not NEWMECCA Though I also like that new handle u gave me. coolNo qualms Bro. As long as ur dox are original. CDHC has ways of verifying dox. U knw references,#s,address,telephone# etc are on certs and dox. CDHC gotta understand why u got d dox laminated.

@mxxpunkxx,
Yahooooo! smileyI am proud to be a Nigerian no matter what. I feel the love here every time. The African blood flows. Nice 2 hear u r a Pal to imperiouxx outta nairaland. Good one! Hope u r hearing from him. cool dude. About my application and medical issue,thx 4 ur concern. God knows best and he always want d best for me and everyone of us. He's AS-SABUR( The Patient one) It has worked for me b4 and it always work 4 me everytime. Yea,Kanu's heart ailment springs him up to initiate d KHF. Interestingly,I have also started my own little charity according to my capacity and I dream of expanding it and reaching out to more orphans and destitute as time goes on(Insha Allah) Thanks for inspiring me. I am really feeling u. Being a self sponsor! Doctor confirms that my treatment may last 18mnths(1.5yr) which means June,2013. All d same,we gotta still merry 2geda when we get it( By God's grace)
U didnt follow d previous thread of travelling to Canada that's why U didnt unnerstand my full story. I applied for visa in April,2011 and was called 4 interview in 4th July,2011 got medical call on 13th July did medical on 27th July and responded to d DMP dat i've treated and cured of TB 8yrs ago. She noted this down and investigation continues concerning d ailment. In a nutshell,Doctor confirmed dat it relapses. I'm a prospective student of Stouffville college going for ACCA. Pls. let me knw when u get admn. and d school. Also,which prog.? Degree or master's or PGD?
ciao

Hello newacca.

I followed your comment in the old thread and I wished to say sorry for the misfortune and may this be turned into fortunes in coming years. Only God knows best.

Before I lay down my question, I will like to let you know that there is a reason for everything. I have a friend who we both wrote an aptitude test together immediately after our NATIONAL DIPLOMA in2007 and I didnt not make it to the interview stage. Only God knows why. I ran wild and mad becaues it was actually a job in an oil company( TOTAL to be precise). Guess what? My friend sat me down and he drilled me with his own life story.

He finished secondary school at the age of 16. Wrote JAMB the following year and got admission into UNICAL to study medicine. Then, they went on a year strike and that was how he lost that admission. Thereafter, he tried to get admission into other schools including the same UNICAL but all to no avail. This guy is bright and smart but he could not gain admission. He kept trying till 4years and at this stage, some of his colleagues in the secondary school had almost started graduating.

This was someone whom they thought would be among the first set of student to graduate. but luck was against him. He later applied to my school to study electrical engineering but he was not given the enrty level that he applied for, but a Pre-ND level. He reluctantly joined and the rest is history. Today, he is doing better than most of his friends that went to the University, while he went to a polytechnic. He is staff of TOTAL E&P while some of his colleagues cant feed their family.

It is true that delay is not denial. What is yours will always be yours.

Now to my question. I am currently a HND student as a Petroleum Engineering student and I will be graduating this year by August or November. Please, what would be the best way to enter into Canada? What program can I apply for that will get me job or do I need to apply for post graduate diploma or something?

Imagine you are me; what will you do if you intend to travel to Canada or how will you go about it?
Thank you. or Newacca, may I have your phone number so that we can talk or would you prefer that I drop mine?
Thank you in advance.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by kazlam: 11:02am On Jan 27, 2012
@ newacca
My brothe you are wonderful always ready to give helping hand at any time, i want to assure you of one thing Amighty Allah is making things to happen to you in order for greatest offer just belive it my brother.
Well the school had sent new verification form to me but asked me to pay for the new courier fee which i think is ok
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by acca12: 12:38pm On Jan 27, 2012
hi everyone in the house. have been reading the thread all this while and am really impress with the courage of Nigerian.
@newacca keep up the good work. have not seen anything from acca777 and acca247. hope they have gotten their TRV
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by newacca: 4:42pm On Jan 27, 2012
@Bashtee,
where r u? I've added u on yahoo messenger. hw far abt ur medical test? have u booked appointment or have u done the tests? Let's know.
@mxxpunkxx,
No prob. Bro. I've added u on Yahoo messenger. do u knw allexy2 elsewhere? abeg take am easy with d Guy nah, smiley I no get BB playbook ooo. I aint a fan of BB. I prefer iPhone5 ios and as I dey hear say iPad3 go soon dey market,I go wait if I can afford one, lolzz. Anyway,catch u on YIM.
ciao

@lee007,

It's nice to hear 4rm u. Pls. do us proud in Canada. We're behind u. I wish u well. smiley

@2sexy,
Such is life! God has ways and reasons of doing things.
Back 2 ur question. I think PGD will be the best for u. U course has good prospect. If u can package ur application well,u got a chance. U knw 9ja is oil rich n ur motivation of coming back is assured,especially if u have good grades.
PGD will be bridge d gap for u to progress for Masters.

@Kazlam,
Yea,Kazlam. My God is AS'SABUR(The patient one) So,he wants be to be patient. He always do the best for me. He's great! Yea,ur stand with d schl admission is OK. So,which start up date r u deferring to?

@acca12,
ACCA777 was once denied visa and I inspired him to try again.I dunno if he tried again or not. ACCA247 was my former handle on nairaland. I dunno why it was locked my moderators of nairaland. My new handle is newacca which I'm currently using.
are u also intending to pursue ACCA in Canada?
ciao
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by eo2002: 6:00pm On Jan 27, 2012
@All Please i wanted to find out if the new VAC office in Ikeja Helps to speedy up the application process, cos they helped arrange and check list your document properly?.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by biodun2434: 6:09pm On Jan 27, 2012
Hello Charles,how are you doing today? I have tried to get in contact with you....I am presently in Sou Africa,Kindly reply please...
Biodun from Ibadan
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by bullstriker: 6:51pm On Jan 27, 2012
Finally,cdhc responded after 4months and 24 days.they called me to submit new admission letter with prove of relationship to my sponsor.I told the lady that the program i am going for,do not have spring resumption date.she said that i can only go for medicals within 6months of my resumption date.
@All
please what docs do i need to submit to prove that my sponsor is my maternal uncle.I submited his marriage cert and my parents marriage cert.What other docs do they want?pls i really need assistance because i do not know docs that can prove relationship since we do not bear same name.
pls contributions are highly needed,no matter how little.
@bashtee
congrats.u really deserve it after such long a wait.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by usask4life: 7:44pm On Jan 27, 2012
@ bullstriker, congratulations in advance, Your mom's marriage certificate and national I'd card should bear her maiden name (ur uncle's surname). That's all. You could include photographs too and you are good to go. Any document whatsoever that has your mom's maiden name on it is all they want.
Cheers
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by allexy2: 9:24pm On Jan 27, 2012
@ Bullstriker

Congrat ! in order to advice you wisely on this, ur uncle, is it ur mum's brother or ur dad's brother ? anwering this question will be able make me advice u wisely on what document u can provide them, Again if ur uncle and you bears the same surname u use with CDHC, that will be a bonus for u,
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by newacca: 9:49pm On Jan 27, 2012
@Bullstriker,
congrats. The cup is half full. Get any dox of ur Mum with her maiden name that corresponds with ur maternal uncle's surname. shikenah!

@2sexy,

sorry i 4got to respond when u requested for my digits. Yea,u can drop urs. I gotta hit u up. but if u use yahoo,u can drop it. I may also add u up there. whichever way,jst let me knw.
ciao

@allexy2 and mxxpunkxx ,

Pls. Brovaz. let's maintain our peace. One love 2 every1. Oya put a smile on ur faces allexy2 & mxxpunkxx  smiley   cool
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by bullstriker: 10:36pm On Jan 27, 2012
@newacca.allexy2,usas4life and all
He is my mother's brother,hence we do not bear same name.But,i submitted my uncle's marriage cert and my mum's when i applied.i don't know what other docs,they need.Please any idea on what docs that can link them together would highly be appreciated.
@i hv pics i took with him,but that was when i was a kid.would it be okay?u can hardly recognize me there.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by usask4life: 10:44pm On Jan 27, 2012
@allexy, since u submitted ur mom's marriage cert, it should be okay naa. And can u recall if d cert has her maiden name on it? If it does, there is one more thing.
In your affidavit of sponsorship, did he indicate that you were his NEPHEW?
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by allexy2: 12:29am On Jan 28, 2012
usask4life:

@allexy, since u submitted ur mom's marriage cert, it should be okay naa. And can u recall if d cert has her maiden name on it? If it does, there is one more thing.
In your affidavit of sponsorship, did he indicate that you were his NEPHEW?

@ usask4life

OOOooops ! u sent ur post to me instead of bullstriker,

bullstriker:

@newacca.allexy2,usas4life and all
He is my mother's brother,hence we do not bear same name.But,i submitted my uncle's marriage cert and my mum's when i applied.i don't know what other docs,they need.Please any idea on what docs that can link them together would highly be appreciated.
@i hv pics i took with him,but that was when i was a kid.would it be okay?u can hardly recognize me there.

@Bullstriker,

Men, this sounds a bit tricky to be honest, i got a great idea which u will will find to be very good, since u said ur uncle and mum did Not share the same surname and again u said that ur uncle is ur sponsor( since ur mum is not ur sponser), I think it will be wise to find a document for ur mum that shares the same surname with ur uncle, for example,

1) u can get ur mum a Birth certificate(which is much easier ) or

2) Get an (affidavit of sponsor) to from ur uncle stating that he is ur uncles and ur mum brother, Please note that CDHC have approve FORMAT they they accept for affidavit of this kind, pls check thier website, no go write am any how, once u have written it, go to court to get the stamp on it

3) betterstill, u get her a marriage certificate with ur uncles surname as her middle name (which is not easy to get and can be expensive as well considering the time and resources u will use)

I think option 1 and 2 will be ur best becos u can easily get it at any birth office and also cheaper to get (make sure it an original copy u get), am NOT too sure if ur pictures might sound convincing to CDHC, BUT, it will be an iceing on the cake if u can get it with a birth certificate and affidavit of sponser,

i think option 1 and 2 sound very convincing and profesional to any visa officer at CDHC,

i hope my idea works, goodluck !

let me kno what u think
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by mxxpunkxx: 12:51am On Jan 28, 2012
newacca:

@mxxpunkxx,
No prob. Bro. I've added u on Yahoo messenger. do u knw allexy2 elsewhere? abeg take am easy with d Guy nah, smiley I no get BB playbook ooo. I aint a fan of BB. I prefer iPhone5 ios and as I dey hear say iPad3 go soon dey market,I go wait if I can afford one, lolzz. Anyway,catch u on YIM.
ciao

Did u take me seriously? Nah, i was just putting that rug-rat in check
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Paschal137(m): 1:21am On Jan 28, 2012
I am new in da house.U guys r really doing a great job here.Pls keep it up.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Paschal137(m): 1:25am On Jan 28, 2012
Pls do.........
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Danyl(m): 1:30am On Jan 28, 2012
@all, please i will like to know how much is the medical exams at the Marien clinic and the one at V.I. thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by imperiouxx(m): 3:28am On Jan 28, 2012
justwise:

You are here to advertise MAPLE?

@allexy2,

Justwise has predicted what you are about doing here. Don't cause diversion, you've been busted wink

@mxxpunkxx and newacca,

Yea mxxpunkxx is my good friend on NL and outside NL. He is such a good guy outside. I pray you guys make it to Canada soonest.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by imperiouxx(m): 4:29am On Jan 28, 2012
I'm using [size=20pt]HP syrup[/size] here
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by bullstriker: 8:26am On Jan 28, 2012
@usaks4life
her marriage cert which i submitted with my application bears her maiden name.My uncle stated that i am his Nephew in the affidavit.As allexy said;this is really tricky,i do not know which docs they are expecting me to submit.
@allexy2
thanks so much.I think with the info u,tolyem,newacca,usas4life gave me,i will submit the following:
-Attestation of birth from NPC(for my mum):presently,she do not have birth
-an affidavit from my uncle stating that i am his nephew(even though it is included in the affidavit of sponsorship i submitted)
-pics i took with him.
pls what do you think.
pls,anyone who can help me on how to draw family tree?

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (101)

On Vacation: New York City / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.