Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,254 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:48 AM

Travelling To Canada-part2 - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada-part2 (210519 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (101) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by bashtee: 12:59pm On Jan 12, 2012
@ebugilr
Affidavit of support is document sworn at a court testifying that the sponsor can and will sponsor you while sponsor is written to CDHC indicated the sponsor's ability for sponsor the candidate,both of them are necessary in your package.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by usask4life: 1:39pm On Jan 12, 2012
@ deemy, visit this link http://www.vfsglobal.com/canada/nigeria/ , All d information about submitting an application is there and u would also have to pay an outsanding 25 CAD to GTB *imagine*, But if u wanna submit at cdhc directly, it should be on a wednesday netween 9am and 11am,
@ kweene, u need to do a thorough search online cuz its usually rare to get suck schools except u are going in for PGD, But I knw of this school "university of victoria". They accept 2.2 but should not be less than 3 points,
@ ebu, Affidavit of sponsorshit and sponsorship letter are different. It comes in d format

A notarized affidavit of support from your sponsor must indicate his/her willingness and ability to pay your expenses.it is recommended by the embassy that the affidavit include

1. introduction of sponsor

2. relationship of sponsor to applicant

3. number of his/her dependants

4. details of financial commitments already undertaken, including those in support of the applications for study or residence in canada or another country

5. his/her occupation

6. that funds will be available for total support of the applicant for the ENTIRE program of study( state the number of years) and if the financial situation changes, the student will terminate studies and leave canada,

WITH THIS GUIDELINES AND POINTS I BELIEVE YOU CAN DRAFT YOUR OWN NOTARIZED AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT.

SUCCESS AND GOD'S FAVOUR, It has to be endorsed in a court anyways,
Cheers and let's pray for peace in 9ja

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by demmy79: 2:27pm On Jan 12, 2012
Thanks for your reply usask4life and others.I am going for Master of Educational Leadership and Management(M.Ed), I hold 2.2 in Economics Education from UI. Do you mean i do not need sponsor`s Bank statement? can i do the affidavit at any court or where? do i need police report or not?
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Nobody: 2:54pm On Jan 12, 2012
I'm not sure if this question's been asked before, but if it's been I'm sorry; but can one sponsor himself?
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by SirP1: 3:33pm On Jan 12, 2012
@justwise and others ,Please ill like to ask a question, i was going through cdhc's website and i saw the list of approved banks under the visa fees schedule, By "approved banks" are they referring to the banks which can issue a bank draft or banks which you can use their bank statements?.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by usask4life: 3:42pm On Jan 12, 2012
@ demmy. I never said anything like that, I would suggest to start from page 1 of part 1 of this thread. It would help u a lot in knowing what is required about applying for a study permit. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by justwise(m): 8:01am On Jan 13, 2012
Sir P!:

@justwise and others ,Please ill like to ask a question, i was going through cdhc's website and i saw the list of approved banks under the visa fees schedule, By "approved banks" are they referring to the banks which can issue a bank draft or banks which you can use their bank statements?.

Both.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by ebugirl: 8:01am On Jan 13, 2012
@usask: thank you so much, you have being very helpful on this forum
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by SirP1: 9:43am On Jan 13, 2012
@Justwise Thanks, So a bank statement of any other bank e.g FCMB isn't acceptable?
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by justwise(m): 10:32am On Jan 13, 2012
Sir P!:

@Justwise Thanks, So a bank statement of any other bank e.g FCMB isn't acceptable?

If FCMB is not in Canadian embassy list then it will not be accepted.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by SirP1: 10:36am On Jan 13, 2012
@justwise thanks!
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Nobody: 11:33am On Jan 13, 2012
justwise:

If FCMB is not in Canadian embassy list then it will not be accepted.
sir justwise, with due respect sir i disagree with the fact that list of approved banks lists only banks whose statements can be submitted during study permit application, the list is just meant to tell us banks that can issue bank drafts.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by usask4life: 11:49am On Jan 13, 2012
@ justwise, Contrary to d reply u gave to sir P's questions, I feel banks statements can be gotten from any bank whatsoever even from banks abroad(if u have an international sponsor). What they meant by approved banks is strictly for the "bank draft" ishh,
Disclaimer : I stand corrected,
@ ebu, u are welcomed ♡̬̩̃̊
Cheers to d freaking NLC strike,
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by daniela86: 12:58pm On Jan 13, 2012
Hello everyone, pls, i will love to apply to a Uanadian University to study post graduate. I'm currently working with an Issurance Company as broker, and i've been working as insurance broker for 7 years. I will love to apply to a University in Canada, preferably Memorial University as i've heard from many people that its cheap/low tuition there. My question is '' What is the minimum or likely exactky amount to be paid before i can be granted Canadian Study visa? If not, can anyone give me any very low school in canada where i can study Post graduate insurance? I'm 36 years old married with 2 kids. The last question is '' can i be sponsored?
Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by justwise(m): 1:08pm On Jan 13, 2012
usask4life:

@ justwise, Contrary to d reply u gave to sir P's questions, I feel banks statements can be gotten from any bank whatsoever even from banks abroad(if u have an international sponsor). What they meant by approved banks is strictly for the "bank draft" ishh,
Disclaimer : I stand corrected,
@ ebu, u are welcomed ♡̬̩̃̊
Cheers to d freaking NLC strike,

We are not talking about banks abroad here, Sir P! stick to the banks in the list to avoid doing things twice, or contact the Canadian embassy for clarification (though you may not get quick reply).
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by justwise(m): 1:11pm On Jan 13, 2012
shavel:

sir justwise, with due respect sir i disagree with the fact that list of approved banks lists only banks whose statements can be submitted during study permit application, the list is just meant to tell us banks that can issue bank drafts.

I guess you need to contact Canadian embassy for clarification to avoid dragging this argument.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by aayoola1(m): 2:50pm On Jan 13, 2012
@justwise & sir p

D bank list on cdhc website is for payments only (ie they re d only banks you can buy ur bank drafts for d applictn payments) doesn't ve anytin 2 do wit bank statements.

As regardin d bank statements, u can use any bank u wish, even if it's not Nigerian (could evn be a bank 4rm Venus sef *wink), d statements I used whr not 4rm Nigerian banks and I ve had no problems so far, I ve don medicals last december, just waitin on God nw to get my TRV
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by rowlandoo: 3:55pm On Jan 13, 2012
HOUSE OO I AM HERE , REAL HELP DIE

i need all the documents i am suppose to park along with all the checlisted docs from cdhc website , i mean my personals ones to send alond with the downloaded ones from their site , AM going in for undergraduate , school reesumes september , need the docs i need o . Good people list am for me perfect
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by fasa2020(m): 8:35pm On Jan 13, 2012
^^^^ sorry which school is that ? Also preparing for undergraduate studies but dont know which school to go with !
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by rubenic(m): 1:12am On Jan 14, 2012
@usask4life it seems CHDC has increased processing time to 4-6 months.Does that mean the 3 month minimum time for submission of documents no longer holds?
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by usask4life: 3:00am On Jan 14, 2012
No buddy. The 3 months minimum submission time prior to ur resumption date still holds. D only difference is that, cdhc doesn't guarantee reaching a decision on your application under 3 months. If need be, u would be required to seek a deferral for d next available start date.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Nobody: 7:50pm On Jan 14, 2012
Question: after downloading and filling the study permit forms, and since Nigeria is among the countries that require temporary residence visa, does one need to fill a seperate form for the trv?
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Alberta12(m): 2:24am On Jan 16, 2012
Hello, pls is their any1 in Uni of Alberta here ?? Pls i need to get some infos pls, !
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by newacca: 7:40pm On Jan 16, 2012
strike is over. Guyz shld be receiving news 4rm CDHC b4 d week runs out. I wish u all good luck. Bashtee et al watch out smiley
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Fhemmmy: 9:17pm On Jan 16, 2012
newacca:

strike is over. Guyz shld be receiving news 4rm CDHC b4 d week runs out. I wish u all good luck. Bashtee et al watch out smiley

I am sure the strike would have caused some backlogs . . . .
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by seedgie(m): 9:46pm On Jan 16, 2012
SAIT POLYTECHNIC. Open day is feb 3-4th any intrested applicant can apply without paying application fee on dis days. cheers
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Nobody: 10:14pm On Jan 16, 2012
Is the open day taking place online or in Nigeria specifically? kinldy give us the contact/address. or mail me details at ctrume@yahoo.com. i will greatly appreciate.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by seedgie(m): 10:38pm On Jan 16, 2012
go to SAIT.CA u will see it. they normally com to lagos and abuja around that time. last year they were at sheraton hotel abuja and federal palace hotel lagos.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by bashtee: 10:40pm On Jan 16, 2012
@newacca
Man tanx for ur concern, let keep fingers crossed.
How u dey now,we need to exchange contacts oh
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Aiwehia: 4:13am On Jan 17, 2012
@SimonAndal: if you have enough money in your a/c, why not? you may also need to show strong family ties sha, just to assure them you will return after your studies. you don't also need to fill a separate form for the TRV, the Study Permit application is enough.
@Newacca, Bashtee, Cycline404, Usask4life et al: i'm praying for you, God will crown all your effort with success. see you soon here in Canada! it is very cold sha o! (lol)
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by tolyem(m): 9:15am On Jan 17, 2012
strike is over. Guyz shld be receiving news 4rm CDHC b4 d week runs out. I wish u all good luck. Bashtee et al watch out

Newacca!

Thanks for your concern, to be candid we are also keen on your application too. I pray we shall laugh it off at the end of the day, but e no easy ooooo. I just want to relax for today and wednesday before I forward the mail my school sent to me aknowledging my deferral to CDHC (Though the new acceptance letter will come latest next week tuesday).

I will be submitting the new acceptance letter with original copies of APPROVED PLAN OF MY HOUSE and possibly photocopies of my wife and children's international passport pages although I have submitted family photos, birth certificates, marriage certificates during the first submission.

What do you think about this? Newacca, bashtee, aiwehia, toyinosho,justwise
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by newacca: 11:56am On Jan 17, 2012
@Tolyem,
God will shall come to pass.
is it necessary to include ur wife and children's copies of passport? I think Marriage cert.,birth cert& family images are enough. Copies approved plan of House will also go a long way,u may include it. I wish u well.
ciao

@bashtee,
do u have skype? u can contact me on skype. My skype acct. is: ruggedmaplenest

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (101)

On Vacation: New York City / I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.